• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydruxo

You can shot the Oracle left to the boss from the start platform? I'm talking about this close to the G1... there is wall of all sides of it except the boss side.

aa0xkvK.jpg

I will try to reach it from the up start platform.

You can get all the oracles from the platform up top. Done it that way many times.

blackflag

You can shot the Oracle left to the boss from the start platform? I'm talking about this close to the G1... there is wall of all sides of it except the boss side.

aa0xkvK.jpg

Yes, we've shot it from the top every time.

dengatron

No reason to not have someone do the middle above boss jump if you can however. Saves everyone else the effort of back left. I also have a secret hides spot that can see the back 3 right and back left while only in danger of around 2 gobs per minute on the ground.

blackflag

I wish there was some ridiculous fast levelling trick. I'd just delete one of my characters and keep leveling him up and do the raid a bunch more times.

X-Frame

Thanks hydru, Johan, commish, Tovarisc and Boguester and everyone for your help. I hope to be able to run the hard mode raid soon, especially for double the drops.

I haven't been fortunate with any raid gear yet so I'm considering just pouring shards into regular Legendary gear just in order to get to 29.

I just got my 50 raid clear grimoire card, so I'd be happy to help you run a hard raid if you are on PS4. There are a lot of details that are hard to cover in a post, haha.
Make it 60 if we attempt flawless raider again tomorrow. Btw can you post that clan site? I still need to get that clan raid trophy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks hydru, Johan, commish, Tovarisc and Boguester for your help. I hope to be able to run the hard mode raid soon, especially for double the drops.

I haven't been fortunate with any raid gear yet so I'm considering just pouring shards into regular Legendary gear just in order to get to 29.

Definitely do it. You'll get the shards back from doing the hard mode raid anyway. I'd rather have more chances at the gear than to save my shards for the right piece of raid drop.

hydruxo

Thanks hydru, Johan, commish, Tovarisc and Boguester and everyone for your help. I hope to be able to run the hard mode raid soon, especially for double the drops.

Lemme know when you get there and I'll run it with ya dude

EL CUCO

Thanks hydru, Johan, commish, Tovarisc and Boguester for your help. I hope to be able to run the hard mode raid soon, especially for double the drops.

I'd say just do it. I'm not as conservative with ass matts as others are and I can't shake the damn things after I started Raiding.

Tovarisc

You can get all the oracles from the platform up top. Done it that way many times.

Yes, we've shot it from the top every time.

And when players that only know easy mode cheese for things like oracles join raid that want do it without cheese they are just burden and basically force cheese if raid want progress past e.g. oracles.

People really should learn encounters, they aren't that hard in the end.

And when players that only know easy mode cheese for things like oracles join raid that want do it without cheese they are just burden and basically force cheese if raid want progress past e.g. oracles.

Except for atheon on hard mode which is a glitch ridden mess at the moment

LiK

Cheesing oracles? I think any method is legit. You're just shooting them from a different area.

SharkJAW

Nothing in destiny is particularly hard. It's a numbers game (which I think is lazy on Bungie's part but that's a discussion for another time). I'd wager cheesing happens when the team isn't chockful of lvl 30s, maybe some 28s (hard).

Honestly, I don't blame the people that cheese the raid. On hard, it just feels like you're sloughing through a bunch of shit (no revives? really?) unless you're rolling with a good amount of level 30s. And the reason behind that is: Destiny's difficulty is almost entirely artificial.

blackflag

I've done it that way too. It's boring either way now. Just give me fatebringer so I can stop already.

Zakalwe

Banned
Sorry for bailing guys. When the dumb mistakes start happening you know it's time to call it.

Tomorrow 8pm gmt if anyone's around.

hydruxo

I know how to do it the "real" way but when I run through it the first time every week, why bother when there's an easier method? Hate to break it to you but you're not any better than anyone else because you do it the harder way.

SharkJAW

I've done it that way too. It's boring either way now. Just give me fatebringer so I can stop already.
Yup. It's pretty much a case of a) slough through boring raid or b) slough through boring raid even longer (note that half-decent rewards are not guaranteed).

You can have mine. It sits in my vault because I have a fully-upgraded Hawkmoon and a newly-purchased TDYK.

This sounds like a good time for Bungie to implement some trading mechanics.

I have a fully upgraded hawkmoon and a TDYK as well and I still love fatebringer. I use hawkmoon when I need stopping power but I have an issue with the wing sights.

Edit** I love to play fast with hand cannons and that's why I'm sure I would love TLW. Hawkmoon is great but they're two completely different weapons for different applications

X-Frame

Definitely do it. You'll get the shards back from doing the hard mode raid anyway. I'd rather have more chances at the gear than to save my shards for the right piece of raid drop.

That is exactly what I was thinking, great point.

Lemme know when you get there and I'll run it with ya dude

Thanks man! I'll take you up on that when I hit 29. It can't be harder than Xyor!

I'd say just do it. I'm not as conservative with ass matts as others are and I can't shake the damn things after I started Raiding.

Haha, true, especially with double drops from hard mode I'd imagine.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All good Hawk.. The group is the group. We'll stick together

Be fun to see what we do when the moon raid is out

Edit.. I did the same thing on my hunter. Got both helms fully upgraded so I can stay 30 in both loadouts.

Alpha Lupi is almost done so I can leverage that with raid helm.
Thanks bro. And great Relic work last night. Don't get me wrong, I definitely want to tackle the hard Raid with our group and I'll have a maxed Gjallarhorn to tow along. Will let you guys know as soon as I hit 29 since I believe I'm the only 28 left among our base 6.
I know. I'm not sure when the de-leveling happened, that's just when I noticed it.
Hmmm. You must have changed an armor piece- after level 20, armor is literally the only thing that can raise or lower your level.
I got the Unwilling Soul-09 too!! *high five*

It is now stashed away with my Doctor Nope.
What mods does your Unwilling Soul have (or the person you responded to for that matter)? I really like it with the ones I rolled. Feels like a different gun class than the "good" ARs almost, and it's undoubtedly better than Doctor Nope or unleveled Atheon's Epilogue.

lunlunqq

You can have mine. It sits in my vault because I have a fully-upgraded Hawkmoon and a newly-purchased TDYK.

This sounds like a good time for Bungie to implement some trading mechanics.

Trading? No way! That will make it much easier and faster for players to get the gears they want. That's against the Destiny design goal, too.

Tovarisc

I know how to do it the "real" way but when I run through it the first time every week, why bother when there's an easier method? Hate to break it to you but you're not any better than anyone else because you do it the harder way.

I think I'm better than that level 30 who has no clue about how oracles work and die very early on to hobs because "I have only sniped these from up there" as he points to spawn ledge. Community is teaching players only easy mode cheeses, but when raid doesn't auto wipe so they can e.g. cheese oracles they get confused because they don't know what to do "on the ground".

If player actually knows what is going on and what he needs to do in X spot then yeah, I'm not better. I never claimed that I'm some God tier player. Just pointed out that community suffers more than gains from teaching only cheese.

Cheesing oracles? I think any method is legit. You're just shooting them from a different area.

By that logic Atheon never had cheese tactic. Just different tactic for efficiently killing him.

Has anyone managed to destroy all the Oracles when they appear for the very first time for like 2-3 seconds, before they spawn normally? I have seen someone destroy one but I heard from a friend that if you kill them all in that short timeframe they don't appear afterwards. Any truth to this?

LordofPwn

aa0xkvK.jpg

What is this image? i dont even...

There are 7 oracles.

My call outs
Mid
Stairs (L1)
Left (L2)
Pocket (L3)
Back Right (R3)
Far Right (R2)
Right (R1)

1. From up top you have 1 person way top right (alt entrance to templar area.) they can get pocket
2. Theres a platform on the right on the way to the above area(1.) where you can hit: Mid, Right, and Far Right. Far Right is priority, but help the other 2.
3. One more person on a platform up top right before the platform above (2.) they can get the Back Right oracle (their priority), and help Mid and Right.
4. Goes left side, priority is Stairs, help Left, dont forget Mid. watch out for hobgoblins. use VoC for oracles, Ice Breaker for HobGobs
5. Goes left side, priority is Left, help mid, and if you can try and hit stairs.
6. Kill them Hob Gobs, and help with Left, Right, Far Right, and Mid.

Communicate. call out oracles, let people know if you need help.

First Round is Mid, Left, Far Right iirc
2nd through last round has pocket
Cant remember how many waves and what orders.
I think 3-3-4-5-7-9? it's super easy on hard, on normal though just go down and watch out for minotaurs.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Why do people like the hawkmoon so much? I got that and a different hand cannon from the raid last week. Haven't messed with them yet 'cause I have other exotics I'm leveling up.
My bias aside, it's essentially just the best all-purpose hand cannon. Its special mods give it an "occasionally OP" feel. It's extremely accurate even at long range and has massive stopping power up close. It kicks ass.
hawkmoon is overrated. I'd rather use Fatebringer.
Meh. I think it's rated right where it should be. Fatebringer is a magnificent weapon with sweet mods and the enormous advantage of being a legendary. Hawkmoon simply does more damage, both outright via Exotic-tier Attack and slightly higher impact, stability and range; and for 3 bullets out of every 13, substantially more damage at that. But any time I'm using another Exotic, Fatebringer is what I'd want in my primary slot. Only gun out there I'd retire The Devil You Know for.

LiK

By that logic Atheon never had cheese tactic. Just different tactic for efficiently killing him.

Exactly.

Bungie wants you to play it their way. Less efficient and strict. Shooting on platforms still requires communication and strategy. It's actually harder cuz if you mess up you still need to run and get cleansed. You're just not dealing with the stupid ADDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom