• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you guys don't use the raid thread for making party?
Don't care just curious

Personally, I've just gotten to know people in this thread through whatever conversations. So when I look for a group, I like the idea of pulling in people that I have a small idea of their personality type.

Using the Raid thread seems about as random as using destinylfg.com or whatever.

Tried the Vault of Glass today with some friends and a random. Tried Atheon, but we wiped a few times and people had to leave. I got Corrective Measure and materials, so I'm happy. I was thinking there would be more bosses though.

This bugged me, too. I was expecting like 6 or 7 bosses in the VoG.

lunlunqq

The Hard Raid has a separate, crappy roll for Vita players :p

Nay... You know we Vita raiders are awesome. It's just RNGesus. He's an equal opportunity hater...

Plus it's not like I want to raid on my Vita. The wife has been enraged twice because of me playing Destiny at late hours. I think she's gonna summon massive ass whooping next time she sees me playing in front of the TV... :(

NastyBook

HOLD THE FUCK UP. Is anybody else losing Glimmer at random? I'm about to go through the last 15 minutes of gameplay, because I know I had 13k while running this loop on Venus.

Like teaching cheese at first go to newbies isn't doing them disservice? Not pointing fingers at you or anyone else, just shocked by how many level 29-30 players I have met who only know cheese version of anything.

Yeah, no worries and no offense taken. I agree that, especially due to combination of cheese and RNG, the actual ability and knowledge of Lv 29-30 players can vary tremendously. Some people got carried to Lv30 by cheese and don't know what "void burn" means.

I've played every phase via every conceivable legit or cheese strat. I certainly wouldn't teach cheese to first timers since I vividly remember how fun the sense of discovery was for my first raid. But I don't care what strats other people use. Sometimes a friend asks for help but a few of his buddies aren't equipped to do a phase legit. I'm not going to call them out or demand they be kicked, I'm going to help them get through it by any means necessary.

Oracle phase is poorly designed because the time to completion isn't calibrated to the player skill arc; it takes the same amount of time regardless. There's no performance-based incentive to improve. GKeepers and Atheon are much better, as highly skilled teams can burn through them as fast as possible. Good teams will always do these phases legit regardless of available cheese.

Thoughtful game design needs to drive good player behavior; players aren't beholden to any rules or standards external from the game's own systems.

Ive got a hard group rolling out between 630 and 7 eastern time if you want in...

Yo Greeny, I got your PSN message and I'm down to help you on hard raid if you still want the assistance, just shoot me an invite when you are gearing up to start.

Greenymac

Yeah, no worries and no offense taken. I agree that, especially due to combination of cheese and RNG, the actual ability and knowledge of Lv 29-30 players can vary tremendously. Some people got carried to Lv30 by cheese and don't know what "void burn" means.

I've played every phase via every conceivable legit or cheese strat. I certainly wouldn't teach cheese to first timers since I vividly remember how fun the sense of discovery was for my first raid. But I don't care what strats other people use. Sometimes a friend asks for help but a few of his buddies aren't equipped to do a phase legit. I'm not going to call them out or demand they be kicked, I'm going to help them get through it by any means necessary.

Oracle phase is poorly designed because the time to completion isn't calibrated to the player skill arc; it takes the same amount of time regardless. There's no performance-based incentive to improve. GKeepers and Atheon are much better, as highly skilled teams can burn through them as fast as possible. Good teams will always do these phases legit regardless of available cheese.

Thoughtful game design needs to drive good player behavior; players aren't beholden to any rules or standards external from the game's own systems.

Yo Greeny, I got your PSN message and I'm down to help you on hard raid if you still want the assistance, just shoot me an invite when you are gearing up to start.

Yes I do man. Starting between 630 and 7 like last run. Youre the man brother!

MADGAME

Nay... You know we Vita raiders are awesome. It's just RNGesus. He's an equal opportunity hater...

Plus it's not like I want to raid on my Vita. The wife has been enraged twice because of me playing Destiny at late hours. I think she's gonna summon massive ass whooping next time she sees me playing in front of the TV... :(

Hey I'm not knocking it, I'm sure the Raid isn't the easiest activity to participate in on the Vita. You were holding your own in our Hard groups.

Hope you are able to enable Time's Vengeance the next time the wife enrages!

The disappearing platforms are the real boss.

The tiny broken part of the ledge is the true final boss. There's some really interesting lore behind it if you read all the grimoire cards.

Purveyors of thread drama will be happy/disappointed to know fig and I made up and she helped on our flawless runs. In fact, I'm so appreciative that I won't even post about when she wiped us by dying in the spirit-bloom-falling-tunnel. What happens in the vault stays in the vault.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
All I need is the treads and I'm set. Is there a particular section of the raid they're more likely to drop from? I've gone through normal up until Atheon this week but may have to jump into hard to get these treads.

E92 M3

In that picture of Crota I posted earlier, I noticed he's giving a speech to tons of Wizards lol. Should be a ton of fun.

Looking for members for Hard Raid.
Start Time: As soon as we get 6 members.

1.Mike_Hawk689 (Titan 29)
2.Musashi2036 (Titan 29)

I changed up my build and didn't allocate shards so I'm a level 28 hunter now. If you are down with having me I would tag along (I beat hard raid before multiple times legit as a 28 and 29). Feel free to pass if you need 29+ only but I can always switch out later for someone. PSN: Darryl_M_R if you are down

PSN is DrDrizzay101, go ahead and add me then just let me know if you are running strikes or raids or whatever. There are a handful of people around here now that are in the clan too and still need the trophies. Anyone and everyone is invited, I know some of the other Gaf clans filled up a while ago.

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Pending/447480

Oh crap, YOU are DrDrizzay? I got an invite from you before but thought it was a random in the Tower since I frequently get invites from people there as a lvl 30 Lock. If it was an invite for Flawless run...@$#%%#% still need to do that haha I requested joining that clan yesterday btw, not sure if I was approved yet.

So so sorry to hear that Nami, thoughts with you and your friend's family.

Tovarisc

A lot of Templar is poorly designed when looking at mechanics involved in combination of arena design.

Conflux -phase is basically your MMO "Tank 'n Spank" -encounter which basically only tests damage output of raid members

Oracle -phase is hectic clusterfuck of a lot happening at once, deal with everything at same time. I understand why people want cheese it, it's clusterfuck when played "right way" and with all mechanics of phase

Kill -phase is easy on mechanics and easy to manage in that regard. Kill adds, kill oracles and nuke boss when possible. It's just that getting good nuke time on boss can become pain in the ass because of how rapidly it keeps spawning new adds and oracles. Not even mentioning what pain line of sight to boss can become.

I know boss can be burned through teleport blocking and he can be "guided" with blocks, but then you just add minotaurs into mix and you have another clusterfuck of a lots of things going on at once.

I would say that "legit Templar encounter" is a lot more complex and bigger challenge than Gatekeeper + Atheon can ever be.

LordofPwn

Went snooping on the expansion site found out some details.

Story missions:

Assault on Warmind -
Earth. Finally get to go into the Seraphim Vault, most likely going to hear more about Rasputin, or find him.

Fist of Crota - moon. sounds intense, no other info.

The Wakening -
moon. In the area where people thought the raid was, big bones area. my guess is we woke the hive... again...

The tiny broken part of the ledge is the true final boss. There's some really interesting lore behind it if you read all the grimoire cards.

Purveyors of thread drama will be happy/disappointed to know fig and I made up and she helped on our flawless runs. In fact, I'm so appreciative that I won't even post about when she wiped us by dying in the spirit-bloom-falling-tunnel. What happens in the vault stays in the vault.

Thanks, means a lot.

Kalamari

Alright, seems like there is quite a bit of interest. Sign up time!

PS4 Fresh Hard Mode Raid 29+ w/ upgraded weapons

Starting at 5 pm Edt

1. Kalamari (EvilKalamari 29 Titan)
2. Jignxs
3.Ambitious
4. Discretecat
5. Broony (Megabroon)
6. Joshcbrugby

updated list

NastyBook

Did you upgrade any of your weapons/armor while farming for spiritbloom?
No, I upgraded my weapons in the Tower. Maybe that's when it happened. I just know that I went from 13k to 8k in less than 40 minutes. I'm not upgrading anything for the rest of the day. I'm gonna hit 13k again and see what happens. I really just want this to be a case of me being forgetful, but I'm gonna be mad as hell if this is a new glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom