• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swag

I don't agree with this at all, anytime I'm on my lock, I wish I was on the other 2, lol.

To put it more accurately, I'd say that for Crucible Hunter is by far the best, and for PvE Sunsinger Warlock takes it. Titan is kind of just there, they need to make it so you can shoot out of the WoD in PvE scenarios, would put them on the same utility level as Sunsingers.

Yeah I have 3 level 29s now and I like Warlock the best by far. I haven't even touched Voidwalker yet though.
They are quite fun, Voidwalker is great as well.

http://youtu.be/UZ5BpeHVTWY

Finally got around to watching this. While I agree with a lot of his points the main thing the video made me realize was I need to spend less time on my Titan and more on my Warlock. Wow they look like a lot of fun in pvp.

well that was certainly interesting. whenever i read or hear about the game that could have been, it bothers me especially considering that i postponed several real life events to make time for this game. Yea yea, priorities, but I take things like community involvement in these sorts of games as seriously as anything else. It's just a shame I dedicated so much time to something that wont have a meaningful return investment.

Finally maxed out Ice Breaker last night and trying to decide between Mytho and Truth next. I'm doing Truth for now because it's useful for the Raid but I expect Mytho to be worth doing for when it's buffed. If Xur sells G-Horn that will immediately become the priority. Do an exotic weapon and armor split xp if you try to level both at the same time?

Also, is Ice Breaker really more worth using than a maxed Supremacy in the Raid? Supremacy is far more spam-able on say Aetheon, I can get more than 6 shots out during the Time boost. For me IB is more useful in situations where I can sit back and take my time picking things off or to generate more ammo for Supremacy (and solar burn stuff, of course).

Should I even try the Vault of glass at lvl 24. It's listed as 26 so I figured I could push my way through with a good group but I don't want to hold people up. It's going to take me some time to get even to lvl 25 and I'm tired of doing the same thing over and over.

I have about half a vanguard level and I have lots of marks to get some more light when I get there.

LiK

Should I even try the Vault of glass at lvl 24. It's listed as 26 so I figured I could push my way through with a good group but I don't want to hold people up. It's going to take me some time to get even to lvl 25 and I'm tired of doing the same thing over and over.

I have about half a vanguard level and I have lots of marks to get some more light when I get there.

don't try until you're 27

Having finally gotten all three classes leveled up, I can honestly say, that Warlocks really are the best.

Yeah I have 3 level 29s now and I like Warlock the best by far. I haven't even touched Voidwalker yet though.

Sacrilege! Team Titan for life.

Oh crap, YOU are DrDrizzay?.

Lol, no worries. I know what it's like getting invites from names you don't recognize. If only PSN would let me change my name, I wouldn't be stuck with my old AOL instant messenger name... I just checked and it looks like all requests are approved, just be sure to click the "set as active PS4 clan" button in order to finalize it before you go for the trophies.

glad you guys are cool again. didn't wanna feel weird when i play with you both in the future.

Haha yeah that's why I posted it (and also just as a joke). Sometimes I get too worked up about things but I also try to be nice/supportive for what is essentially a small community.

No, no you shouldn't. Don't try when you're 25 either. Even 26 is a little iffy but it's doable.

koryuken

I'm having mixed luck this week with RNG.

Did the nightfall -- my team got exotics and i got a shit legendary pulse rifle which I immediately dismantled.

Did VoG on Normal -- got the raid sniper (woot) and raid boots(bigger WOOT) from chests. Beat Atheon and got 3 shards and the "chatter white" shader lol...

wtf.

A lot of Templar is poorly designed when looking at mechanics involved in combination of arena design.

For sure, I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I definitely appreciate how they designed the encounters to "build a vocabulary" and foster team communication but they also didn't think certain details through very well. I'm optimistic that the design will improve in future raids, I just hope they don't let "cheese paranoia" restrict what they do.

Any successful flawless runs by anyone today?

No, but I think we nailed down how to outsmart the glitches (hopefully). We just didn't get another run at Atheon after that. I'll probably be trying to run it again with a different group tonight around 9 PST/ Midnight EST.

zewone

Lol, no worries. I know what it's like getting invites from names you don't recognize. If only PSN would let me change my name, I wouldn't be stuck with my old AOL instant messenger name... I just checked and it looks like all requests are approved, just be sure to click the "set as active PS4 clan" button in order to finalize it before you go for the trophies.

Haha yeah that's why I posted it (and also just as a joke). Sometimes I get too worked up about things but I also try to be nice/supportive for what is essentially a small community.
Are you planning on running the flawless raid again tonight? Or is that on the backburner due to the glitches?

Should I even try the Vault of glass at lvl 24.
No, you'd get slaughtered. There are 27 enemies later too. I've carried a level 25 before but he 1. Had some of the best weapons in the game maxed out from his higher level alt 2. Has lots of Raid experience and 3. Is good at surviving and knows where to stand to minimize the damage he takes (plus used cheese for the bosses). You really should shoot for 27 before doing the Raid unless you have friends that are all 29 and 30 and can carry the weight.

Cool, I'll have to add you to my FR or add me if you get on before I do if you like, same as my GAF name without the space. I imagine you already have a permanent Flawless team by this point but let me know if you ever have an opening due to someone being busy or something.

LiK

For sure, I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I definitely appreciate how they designed the encounters to "build a vocabulary" and foster team communication but they also didn't think certain details through very well. I'm optimistic that the design will improve in future raids, I just hope they don't let "cheese paranoia" restrict what they do.

yea, i mean look at the Souls games. You can cheese all you want and FROM doesn't give a crap and it's still fun. Bungie needs to relax.

Recarpo

Does anybody need a regular group for raids? I have a group of 3 and grabbing 3 random people has been frustrating lately. We're on xbox one.

It all depends on what you consider your skill level to be. If you find yourself a decent player, that doesn't die a lot, 26 should be fine for Normal. If you are afraid you might be the weak link in the group, maybe hold out to 27.

edit: I read this post wrong. whoops.

don't try until you're 27

bummer. I don't think playing crucible gives enough rep so I guess I'm doing bounties and patrols until then :p I think I'd need to get at least 3 legendary pieces of armor to get there and that's going to take some time.

I'm going to be home in about 2 hours if people want to do the weekly mission or strike

PSN: BobTheFork

No. The normal raid also have lvl 28 enemies. They one shot you if you go at lvl 24.

You can go at lvl 26 but I recommend at least lvl 27 because of the penalty.

SkylineRKR

Beat Atheon legit on Hard, took us 3 or 4 portal runs I think, with 2 level 30's. I died at the end lol, was in the air when he put those shields on me. Thought he was harder to kill but its very doable.

zewone

No. The normal raid also have lvl 28 enemies. They one shot you if you go at lvl 24.

You can go at lvl 26 but I recommend at least lvl 27 because of the penalty.

I think it's level 25 minimum to even join the raid, because anything more than a 3 level difference between the mobs does "immune" damage.

Are you planning on running the flawless raid again tonight? Or is that on the backburner due to the glitches?

I imagine you already have a permanent Flawless team by this point but let me know if you ever have an opening due to someone being busy or something.

Glitches get stitches. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we can make them consistent now. Hopefully running again tonight if we get people together. I have too many flawless teams, in different time zones... they won't let me sleep, haha.

I'll run flawless with anybody who wants to do it. It's easily the most fun activity for me but it's a huge learning process for a new team. Once they fix the bugs it will be a total joke for reasonably high level teams.

yea, i mean look at the Souls games. You can cheese all you want and FROM doesn't give a crap and it's still fun. Bungie needs to relax.

Yep, perfect example. You can kill Manus with arrows from outside the fog gate, but the boss design and mechanics are absolutely brilliant. The game design encourages players to "go legit" just because it's so damn fun.

zewone

Glitches get stitches. Maybe I'm overly optimistic but I think we can make them consistent now. Hopefully running again tonight if we get people together.

I feel the same. I'd really like to try not opening any gates when Atheon doesn't port anyone.

Recarpo

Cool I'd love to have a set group to run with. I work a 24/48 schedule so I'm usually available 5 or 4 days a week. My PSN is same as forum name.

I should have mentioned this in my first post, but we're on xbox one :(. Any xbox one people up for being a regular raid group? Or is there a tag exchange thread for this somewhere?

Ramirez

To put it more accurately, I'd say that for Crucible Hunter is by far the best, and for PvE Sunsinger Warlock takes it. Titan is kind of just there, they need to make it so you can shoot out of the WoD in PvE scenarios, would put them on the same utility level as Sunsingers.

Fireborn is a crutch, and one I hope is removed from the game. Sunsingers are boring to me.

I feel the same. I'd really like to try not opening any gates when Atheon doesn't port anyone.

We tested it today on one run. After GKs, we stayed at the back with no portals up. He teleported 0 people but one guy died to a supplicant. We didn't wipe and kept going, and next round he ported 1 guy to Venus. Inside guy got the first few oracles and we got managed to keep it going. Didn't really do damage that round, but on the next round the glitches went away. He started doing the standard 3 random teleports and we burned him down in (I think) 3 rounds.

Hopefully this is consistent (0-1-3,3,3...) but we didn't get another chance. Only focus on supplicants, then survive one shitty round, and then beat him easily with the normal strat. Hopefully.

Anybody want to run Atheon on normal real quick? Our party broke up last night before we could beat him.

Message/FR if you'd like to join. (Pleas no join and bounce for the checkpoint)

PS4: TheCanisDirus

DesertFox

I support this. It would be a little OP, but if I could spam bosses with weapons of light without stepping out and getting hammered by splash damage.... that'd be amazing.

SkylineRKR

We tested it today on one run. After GKs, we stayed at the back with no portals up. He teleported 0 people but one guy died to a supplicant. We didn't wipe and kept going, and next round he ported 1 guy to Venus. Inside guy got the first few oracles and we got managed to keep it going. Didn't really do damage that round, but on the next round the glitches went away. He started doing the standard 3 random teleports and we burned him down in (I think) 3 rounds.

Hopefully this is consistent (0-1-3,3,3...) but we didn't get another chance. Only focus on supplicants, then survive one shitty round, and then beat him easily with the normal strat. Hopefully.

We didn't glitch on Hard today. We opened both portals as usual. We did it about 4 runs.

J-Rzez

So got mida multi tool yesterday, got a leg engram today and it turns into another one. This is not the first time it happened to me as well. It reeks of loot tables. It gives me nightmares of D3. And it sucks and is really pissing me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom