• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Exactly.

Bungie wants you to play it their way. Less efficient and strict. Shooting on platforms still requires communication and strategy. It's actually harder cuz if you mess up you still need to run and get cleansed. You're just not dealing with the stupid ADDs.

Standing in spawn and sniping oracles ignores every possible mechanism of the phase, except oracles themselves. You don't need to deal with adds, hobgoblins nor boss itself when using this method. It completely breaks said phase and would be almost same just to remove it from the Templar encounter.

Using platforms at outer rim was also ignoring everything else expect oracle themselves during this particular phase, once again making phase just useless fluff. If your only danger of dying is people not calling out spawns then there is very very little danger of dying.

Is anyone up for a fresh hard raid, or thinking about doing one?

Yeah, I think my group of 4 (maybe three depending on availability) will be doing one later. We're three level 30s and a 29. Not sure exactly what time we'll be doing it but guessing sometime around 6:30pm CST. I'd have a better answer for you if theRealcZk was around right now... it's like he has a day job or something (he does).

EDIT: we've all cleared the hard raid multiple times before. Cleared a normal last night post-patch so we know what to expect.

LiK

Standing in spawn and sniping oracles ignores every possible mechanism of the phase, except oracles themselves. You don't need to deal with adds, hobgoblins nor boss itself when using this method. It completely breaks said phase and would be almost same just to remove it from the Templar encounter.

Using platforms at outer rim was also ignoring everything else expect oracle themselves during this particular phase, once again making phase just useless fluff. If your only danger of dying is people not calling out spawns then there is very very little danger of dying.

Yup, much smarter. I love players who figure this stuff out.

I got sick of trying to carry my teams to wins against full parties in control, and started playing free for all( something I never play in any fps) and its way easier there,and alot less frustrating too. Its hilarious to see how many matches just devolve into meeting in the middle and shot gunning each other to death though...actually its kind of sad too now that I think about it.

I've done it that way too. It's boring either way now. Just give me fatebringer so I can stop already.

I agree with this. Oracles are boring because there is no way to make them go faster. It's useful for newer players to learn things legit but at some point there is nothing new to learn, only new loot rolls to be disappointed by. Edit: You will get FBringer soon, I have no doubts.

Sorry for bailing guys. When the dumb mistakes start happening you know it's time to call it.

Tomorrow 8pm gmt if anyone's around.

No worries buddy, we've got every detail ironed out now I think. Always better to call it when the time is right, like you said. Hopefully Matt and I and whoever else will get it tonight but you know I will be running it until everyone else gets it too.

It is not suppose to be accurate... it is only give a ideia where the Oracle is.

Sorry, I just don't get the point of a map that's not supposed to be accurate. It doesn't give an idea where the oracles are when the locations and numbers are wrong. There are only 7 oracle spawn points. I'm not trying to call anyone out, I just worry that it would be misleading for newbies trying to learn the raid.

Tovarisc

I'm not trying to call anyone out, I just worry that it would be misleading for newbies trying to learn the raid.

Like teaching cheese at first go to newbies isn't doing them disservice? Not pointing fingers at you or anyone else, just shocked by how many level 29-30 players I have met who only know cheese version of anything.

Yup, much smarter. I love players who figure this stuff out.

It's smart / clever in its own way for sure. But when looking at mechanics of encounter, and how these tactics break said encounter, I don't think anyone has standing to call Bungie "jerks" when they patch encounters so players have to deal with intended mechanics.

To me pre-patch Atheon teleports were intended mechanic and them doing it pure RNG fest is jerkish, but if they kill cheese from Templars oracle phase I won't have issue with that. These "smart tactics" absolutely break that phase and ignore intended mechanics.

Need people to help me finish of Atheon on Hard :( I had to leave my group last night and didn't get a chance to finish it. Anyone up for it real quick?

PSN: joshcbrugby

Kalamari

Alright, seems like there is quite a bit of interest. Sign up time!

PS4 Fresh Hard Mode Raid 29+ w/ upgraded weapons

Starting at 5 pm Edt

1. Kalamari (EvilKalamari 29 Titan)

joecanada

Bullshit
In 15 minutes you can at least have 30+ mats easily

Only 1 that is truly rough is Iron Relic

In 1 hour

Spinmetal - 165-175+
Helium - 150-165+
Spirit Bloom - 130-155+
Iron Relic - 100 - 120+

Only thing that can fuck you is 2+ farmers also, best is to BTO (back to orbit), come back in
Repeat until you see another farmer or two, seriously, I farm so efficiently that others just tag along on my route, cause they send me messages afterwards going, half of those I didn't know spawn there and damn thanks for waiting and letting me follow

I showed 50+ GAFfers here routes and farming and always to maximize patrols

Hell if you have a buddy, bring them along also, you can shoot the shit doing loops
I love when I have company, shit goes faster, Patrols are done quicker, refresh quicker
Have a full fireteam, and it's just insane how fast shits gets done

I love to talk and most GAFfers who have played with me know I try to keep it lively and fun, but also and out info like a snitch just so it can be passed out more

I must be doing it wrong lol I find relic iron easiest but maybe just it's most fun area. Just go to scablands grab bounties, missions, then run in each bunker, there's like 10 in a loop all with possible chests. I actually enjoy it once in while

Steroyd

Thanks guys got my Warlock to 29 (my poor hunter) but my Warlock is better kitted out for raids.

Best case scenario I get Gjallarhorn in a raid, worse case scenario I get ass energy, if I get nothing but ass shards Meh, I'm just getting my stuff back.

Also yeah, have a level 29 warlock available for a hard raid, tons of experience at not dying.

ocean

Banned
Hawkian, just to make sure time zones don't cause confusions, how many hours from now is the noob Raid run starting?

spyder_ur

If anyone is still playing this on PS3, I am a level 28 Warlock and have yet to be able to find a raid group through here or DestinyLFG. Getting pretty desperate to see the content but if anyone is starting one, please let me know.

LiK

Same here... Was suprised when it finally showed up!

I wouldn't mind getting it soon. Doubt I'll get Thorn done anytime soon. Fuck that Bounty.

How come you guys don't use the raid thread for making party?
Don't care just curious

We don't really talk about other stuff here much anyway. And the Raid thread is for people who want to get together quickly.

Most of the regular crews request raids here instead as a meet up rather than with randoms from GAF, imo

broony

Starting at 5 pm Edt

Sorry. I messed up time zones. If this is in 45 minutes is like to join. 29 warlock. PSN Megabroon

Kalamari

Starting at 5 pm Edt

2. Jignxs
3.Ambitious
4. Discretecat
5. Broony (Megabroon)

updated list

Edwardo

Tried the Vault of Glass today with some friends and a random. Tried Atheon, but we wiped a few times and people had to leave. I got Corrective Measure and materials, so I'm happy. I was thinking there would be more bosses though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom