• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

I don't know if I'll be able to raid today. God, today started off on such a good note. Can't believe it turned into what it is now.

Worst thing I've now realized about starting a new character isn't the story you have to endure again. It's if you didn't vault legendary armor for the new character's class, you're stuck playing the level 20 Strike playlist with newbies who:

1.) Don't know there's a "hold X to revive" button and try to one man everything and die
2.) Think they are unstoppable and try to one man everything and die
3.) Think that shitty Stranger's Rifle you get end story mode is that much useful and die
4.) Run up to bosses and don't realize they all have an AoE move and die
5.) Constantly. Fucking. Die!

I never liked being the person who would get all bent out of shape from newly players, because we all were there before. But holy shit in a game like this, where that one clueless guy can make a mission a chore, it really gets to me lol

I guess the best thing I can do right now is rack up blue/purple engrams with my other character, vault them to my alt, and pray RNGesus shows mercy on my soul. Luckily I vaulted legendary/exotics I don't plan to use for my first character so my alt has some pre max level stuff to shoot with.

Insaniac

My bias aside, it's essentially just the best all-purpose hand cannon. Its special mods give it an "occasionally OP" feel. It's extremely accurate even at long range and has massive stopping power up close. It kicks ass.
Meh. I think it's rated right where it should be. Fatebringer is a magnificent weapon with sweet mods and the enormous advantage of being a legendary. Hawkmoon simply does more damage, both outright via Exotic-tier Attack and slightly higher impact, stability and range; and for 3 bullets out of every 13, substantially more damage at that. But any time I'm using another Exotic, Fatebringer is what I'd want in my primary slot. Only gun out there I'd retire The Devil You Know for.

is TDYK exceptionally good for a leg handcannon or something?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Steroyd

I first hit 29 on a similar set up with about 2 upgrades to spare.

So that would be 48 shards hmmm.

My Nightfall and raid endeavours this week opened my eyes, I went from 11 ass shards, to 63 in 2 days, and I've still yet to run my alts in a raid.

Edit: hold on might be mixing armour with weapons, it's 18 for armour, 21 energies for weapons?

X-Frame

How many ass shards minimum do you think I need to get my char to lvl 29 if they only have 1 exotic and 0 raid gear?

I just broke it out because I am going to do the same thing.

You need and should max your exotic piece to 30. Then you need the other 3 Legendary pieces to 27, 27, and 25 Light. That totals 109 Light which gives you level 29.

Assuming you already have the exotic maxed, and each Legendary upgrade requires 6 Ascendant Shards ..

The 27's need to be maxed so that is 18 Shards (so for two 27's that is 36 Shards). Then the 25 needs 12 Shards.

So that is 48 with already an exotic maxed, or 64 if you need to max the exotic too.

Sanke__

Dont know why everyone worries about oracles so much.

I just run around in circles and shoot them all with atheons epilogue or shoot them from up top with icebreakers if too many people cant stay alive.

Hoodbury

That is exactly what I was thinking, great point.

Thanks man! I'll take you up on that when I hit 29. It can't be harder than Xyor!

Haha, true, especially with double drops from hard mode I'd imagine.

Ya I did this last night. Feels good being 29. heh. Also makes the weekly and nightfalls just a tad easier as well.

exYle

Looking at the teaser picture for Dark Below, and House of Wolves, you can see a silhouette of Crota for the Dark Below. Now, for all intents and purposes, we know that Crota will be a special knight. Looking at the House of Wolves picture, I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that the raid boss will be a special Captain, MAYBE an Archon.

lunlunqq

How many ass shards minimum do you think I need to get my char to lvl 29 if they only have 1 exotic and 0 raid gear?

There will be quite a bit of "waste" in doing that. Why can't you wait for at least one piece of raid gear though? Just do the raid on normal. Doing the normal raid gives you the chance to get all the pieces except for the helmet. And at lvl28 you should be able to do the normal raid very comfortably.

Steroyd

There will be quite a bit of "waste" in doing that. Why can't you wait for at least one piece of raid gear though? Just do the raid on normal. Doing the normal raid gives you the chance to get all the pieces except for the helmet. And at lvl28 you should be able to do the normal raid very comfortably.

I'm only considering it because I got a ludicrous amount of ass shards this week, might as well double my chances in a return in investment.

ethomaz

Banned
How can I add friends in the new version of the PS app?
Seems like you need to choose the option in the combo list.... I didn't tried yet but some guy here said to me early.

It is dumb... I know.

Edit - You need to choose Search... I checked right now.

Hmm... oh yeah? Let me bring you back to my reality real quick. I've cleared the hard raid twice and the normal raid a handful (guessing 7-8) of times. Guess how many pieces of raid armor I have. Just guess. Guess anything other than zero and you'll be incorrect.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm only considering it because I got a ludicrous amount of ass shards this week, might as well double my chances in a return in investment.

I did that first. Once I found my raid gear it really didn't take long to get the shards to level those too.

I say go for it.

ocean

Banned
Level 29 is 109 Light. You need a maxed out Exotic (+30), two maxed out Legendaries (+27 each) and then another Legendary partly upgraded (+25 light, so every upgrade except the very last one).

The only content in the game where you'll benefit from being 29 is the Hard raid. By the time you've run normal enough times to be comfortable in Hard you'll have probably gotten at least one Raid gear.

Tip: focus on an Exotic helm, since the Raid helm only drops from Hard Atheon (post cheese that means it's probably the last piece you'll get).

lunlunqq

Hmm... oh yeah? Let me bring you back to my reality real quick. I've cleared the hard raid twice and the normal raid a handful (guessing 7-8) of times. Guess how many pieces of raid armor I have. Just guess. Guess anything other than zero and you'll be incorrect.

Hehe, I get people's problem with the raid drops. I'm in the same boat, too. I'm just saying that, even in your case, you probably didn't need those two hard runs either. You either get them in 10 normal runs, or you don't. It's all random. No need to waste your hard earn shards...

MADGAME

Yesterday was the first day I did not play Destiny since launch. It was rough man, so rough. Need a Raid fix tonight. I'll Normal with anyone but would prefer a hard run with 29/30 Gaffers who understand the need to transfer the Oracle checkpoint.

Level 29 is 109 Light. You need a maxed out Exotic (+30), two maxed out Legendaries (+27 each) and then another Legendary partly upgraded (+25 light, so every upgrade except the very last one).

The only content in the game where you'll benefit from being 29 is the Hard raid. By the time you've run normal enough times to be comfortable in Hard you'll have probably gotten at least one Raid gear.

Tip: focus on an Exotic helm, since the Raid helm only drops from Hard Atheon (post cheese that means it's probably the last piece you'll get).

See post #7630 above.

Hehe, I get people's problem with the raid drops. I'm in the same boat, too. I'm just saying that, even in your case, you probably didn't need those two hard runs either. You either get them in 10 normal runs, or you don't. It's all random. No need to waste your hard earn shards...

Didn't need to run the hard mode? Clearly you don't understand how much I need the Fatebringer. Still need it... just like I need Praedyth's revenge and raid armor. I'll be waiting.

At least I got the mythoclast, raid RL, and Epilogue to drop. Other than that, shards and energy every time.

SkylineRKR

lol, Praedyth has to be OP in PvP.

I am a shit PvP Sniper. But I decimated with it. There was some guy using Patience and Time, but Praedyth stability and ROF completely outgunned him over and over. 2 bodyshots is all it takes, and that can be done within a second and without any recoil, strafe 'n shoot works great.

Still love this gun.

jadedm17

6 shards per upgrade, 3 upgrades for 3 legendary gear... a lot.
Get into the vault with some friends and try to get gear and shards.
Edit : Beaten and.... Yea, sorry to everyone getting screwed by RNG.

lunlunqq

Didn't need to run the hard mode? Clearly you don't understand how much I need the Fatebringer. Still need it... just like I need Praedyth's revenge and raid armor. I'll be waiting.

At least I got the mythoclast, raid RL, and Epilogue to drop. Other than that, shards and energy every time.

I only got helmet (four of them!!!), ship, speeder, and ass mats from my hard raids and I ain't even mad anymore... :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom