• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

We tested it today on one run. After GKs, we stayed at the back with no portals up. He teleported 0 people but one guy died to a supplicant. We didn't wipe and kept going, and next round he ported 1 guy to Venus. Inside guy got the first few oracles and we got managed to keep it going. Didn't really do damage that round, but on the next round the glitches went away. He started doing the standard 3 random teleports and we burned him down in (I think) 3 rounds.

Hopefully this is consistent (0-1-3,3,3...) but we didn't get another chance. Only focus on supplicants, then survive one shitty round, and then beat him easily with the normal strat. Hopefully.

Jeeze, that's hell for the one guy. How many oracles does the single teleported guy have to take down? 3?

I was only able to to take down 2 before I had to finish charging the relic.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, just to make sure time zones don't cause confusions, how many hours from now is the noob Raid run starting?
3 hours and 10 minutes.

The current roster for this raid is:
1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. Hawkian

If any of you cannot make it, please contact me asap.

Please bring:
  1. A level 26 character at the least- if you have a higher-leveled character you'll be relieving some strain on those that don't! :)
  2. Your highest DPS/most upgraded weapons. Ice Breaker and Gjallarhorn are two weapons that are immeasurably useful in various spots if you happen to have either.
  3. Your best Void weapons. Descendant Minotaurs and Praetorians are the biggest threat inside and at the door, and they have nice shiny purple shields.
  4. Ammo Synthesis Packs. Pick some up from the gunsmith if you're low- Heavy most importantly!
  5. Patience. We will wipe, probably lotsa times. It's going to be a very lighthearted and informal atmosphere and we will laugh off our failures, rather than getting upset or pointing fingers. This is honestly the most important thing in your arsenal if you want to get through the raid successfully.
If you want to watch any videos or look up strategies online for anything beforehand you are welcome to, but I will not expect anyone to have done so and will explain things as though the party has little to no experience with each section.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but while I'm happy to have repeat attendees on this weekly intro raid, please keep track and try not to join up for this two weeks in a row- to maximize the number of legitimately new/learning players who get a chance to try it out. Should be fun, can't wait to see you guys in there!

http://youtu.be/UZ5BpeHVTWY

Finally got around to watching this. While I agree with a lot of his points the main thing the video made me realize was I need to spend less time on my Titan and more on my Warlock. Wow they look like a lot of fun in pvp.
I honestly.... seriously can't believe that's a 35 minute video.

He's not right that Destiny is bad, but he is exactly right that you should not buy either expansion if you believe that Destiny is bad. Going to put that point out again in bold: if you are not enjoying Destiny or do not think it is a good game, do not buy either expansion.

darkwing

I got sick of trying to carry my teams to wins against full parties in control, and started playing free for all( something I never play in any fps) and its way easier there,and alot less frustrating too. Its hilarious to see how many matches just devolve into meeting in the middle and shot gunning each other to death though...actually its kind of sad too now that I think about it.

You forgot about the sliding

joecanada

3 hours and 10 minutes.

The current roster for this raid is:
1. patroclos
2. colonel
3. ocean
4. Dr_LawyerCop
5. Hoodbury
6. Hawkian

If any of you cannot make it, please contact me asap.

Please bring:
  1. A level 26 character at the least- if you have a higher-leveled character you'll be relieving some strain on those that don't! :)
  2. Your highest DPS/most upgraded weapons. Ice Breaker and Gjallarhorn are two weapons that are immeasurably useful in various spots if you happen to have either.
  3. Your best Void weapons. Descendant Minotaurs and Praetorians are the biggest threat inside and at the door, and they have nice shiny purple shields.
  4. Ammo Synthesis Packs. Pick some up from the gunsmith if you're low- Heavy most importantly!
  5. Patience. We will wipe, probably lotsa times. It's going to be a very lighthearted and informal atmosphere and we will laugh off our failures, rather than getting upset or pointing fingers. This is honestly the most important thing in your arsenal if you want to get through the raid successfully.
If you want to watch any videos or look up strategies online for anything beforehand you are welcome to, but I will not expect anyone to have done so and will explain things as though the party has little to no experience with each section.

Also, I didn't mention this before, but while I'm happy to have repeat attendees on this weekly intro raid, please keep track and try not to join up for this two weeks in a row- to maximize the number of legitimately new/learning players who get a chance to try it out. Should be fun, can't wait to see you guys in there!

I honestly.... seriously can't believe that's a 35 minute video.

He's not right that Destiny is bad, but he is exactly right that you should not buy either expansion if you believe that Destiny is bad. Going to put that point out again in bold: if you are not enjoying Destiny or do not think it is a good game, do not buy either expansion.

hey if you do one of these on the weekend I would be willing to help out (ive done the raid before) and bring a first time friend.....
only if you need guides though otherwise I'm just taking up a spot.

colinp

Banned
Just got hawkmoon in pvp. OH YES.

Welcome to the club!

On a side note, I'm currently going through the Thorn bounty. I just got to the PVP part last night and I have to say it is tons of fun to play with a void fusion rifle. I am usually part of the AR regime. But this is completely changing how I olay and approach each map. Well played Bungie!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hey if you do one of these on the weekend I would be willing to help out (ive done the raid before) and bring a first time friend.....
only if you need guides though otherwise I'm just taking up a spot.
Thanks! I really don't want to burn myself out on the raid, so for the moment I'm just going to be tackling two a week (my static group's run Wed., and the newbie run Thurs.). But I may occasionally reschedule the newbie run to another day some weeks so that more people have a chance to get in.
Welcome to the club!

On a side note, I'm currently going through the Thorn bounty. I just got to the PVP part last night and I have to say it is tons of fun to play with a void fusion rifle. I am usually part of the AR regime. But this is completely changing how I olay and approach each map. Well played Bungie!
I rather enjoyed my fusion spree for that bounty as well. FRs are quite a handy counter to ARs at many engagement ranges and I honed my skills at "cooking" my rifles during that experiment.

Thanks! I really don't want to burn myself out on the raid, so for the moment I'm just going to be tackling two a week (my static group's run Wed., and the newbie run Thurs.). But I may occasionally reschedule the newbie run to another day some weeks so that more people have a chance to get in.

I rather enjoyed my fusion spree for that bounty as well. FRs are quite a handy counter to ARs at many engagement ranges and I honed my skills at "cooking" my rifles during that experiment.

I probably missed an earlier post from you, but guessing I got cut since you needed a spot? lol :) from the raid tonight I mean.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I probably missed an earlier post from you, but guessing I got cut since you needed a spot? lol :) from the raid tonight I mean.
Yeah it was right after.... Hoodbury pointed out that I needed to um, be in the Raid myself to lead it. :p You're the first alt, will be hitting you up if anyone is a no-show!

joecanada

Well no pressure I can find a group to raid with whenever, I was just thinking if we get a couple more level 28-30 people to help you out, can take more newbies through in shorter time making it easier on you.

but yeah don't want to make it work for yourself.

gdt

Did the Raid with a bunch of gaffers. Always fun.

Got mats and a chest piece I don't want or need! RNGeesus you have failed me.

Edit: oh and the Atheon battle was buggy as fuck. Stuck in portals, no damage buff after a successful portal run, etc

We didn't glitch on Hard today. We opened both portals as usual. We did it about 4 runs.

Was this a flawless run up to Atheon? Not sure whether or not a single death would matter, but having a single wipe has always fixed the glitches. For example, we've had 7-8 flawless runs to Atheon since the patch and it's glitched hard every time, causing a wipe. However, every time after that first wipe Atheon would be perfectly fine and we killed him easily. I've also done several normal and hard runs since the patch with very minimal/negligible glitching but those runs all had multiple wipes. The glitchiness on these has been very comparable to pre-patch.

Maybe we've just been extremely unlucky every time but there's also been some consistency to the glitches. There really seems to be something specifically related to a flawless run and the transition from GKs to Atheon. Like the new elements they added in the patch are bugged until you get a reset and they load properly. Just a theory, if anyone's done a glitchless and flawless run since the patch it would be very interesting to hear about it.

Jeeze, that's hell for the one guy. How many oracles does the single teleported guy have to take down? 3?

I was only able to to take down 2 before I had to finish charging the relic.

Yeah I think it was three but I wasn't the inside guy and it was so chaotic that I don't remember what happened when I went in the portal. The inside guy ended up totally blind since he was more focused on oracles, but I think we'd have time to get everything reset in time for the next round. So basically don't try to do any Atheon damage with either the 0 or 1 teleported rounds.

Never run the VoG on HM and Normal only twice but I have a level 30 warlock. (helped a group cheese once and got the helm). Would like to jump in on either Normal or HM Raid if any group needs another body.

SkylineRKR

Was this a flawless run up to Atheon? Not sure whether or not a single death would matter, but having a single wipe has always fixed the glitches. For example, we've had 7-8 flawless runs to Atheon since the patch and it's glitched hard every time, causing a wipe. However, every time after that first wipe Atheon would be perfectly fine and we killed him easily. I've also done several normal and hard runs since the patch with very minimal/negligible glitching but those runs all had multiple wipes. The glitchiness on these has been very comparable to pre-patch.

Maybe we've just been extremely unlucky every time but there's also been some consistency to the glitches. There really seems to be something specifically related to a flawless run and the transition from GKs to Atheon. Like the new elements they added in the patch are bugged until you get a reset and they load properly. Just a theory, if anyone's done a glitchless and flawless run since the patch it would be very interesting to hear about it.

Yeah I think it was three but I wasn't the inside guy and it was so chaotic that I don't remember what happened when I went in the portal. The inside guy ended up totally blind since he was more focused on oracles, but I think we'd have time to get everything reset in time for the next round. So basically don't try to do any Atheon damage with either the 0 or 1 teleported rounds.

No it wasn't flawless. But our Normal run from yesterday wasn't flawless either and it bugged like fuck.

No it wasn't flawless. But our Normal run from yesterday wasn't flawless either and it bugged like fuck.

Yeah it definitely seems like even normal, "flawed" runs are buggier on average than pre-patch, based on everyone else's experiences. Some of that seems to be very random, but some glitches have always been predictable. Like if two people go through the portal at once. I'm just hoping there's some consistency to these flawless glitches, which had never happened before the patch.

Swag

Fireborn is a crutch, and one I hope is removed from the game. Sunsingers are boring to me.

Fireborn aside, Radiance is still better then Fist of Havoc / WoD / Golden Gun / Arcblade for PvE without any upgrades, add in Song of Flame and Fireborn or Radiant Skin and it's not even a competition. Hunter is probably the most fun to play though, but in terms of class balance Sunsinger is the champ.

I support this. It would be a little OP, but if I could spam bosses with weapons of light without stepping out and getting hammered by splash damage.... that'd be amazing.

I don't think it would be that bad, if necessary they could reduce the duration to compensate, but at the moment that ability isn't what it should be.

MechDX

Ok I got the Jackolyte consumable email at the tower but now I am getting them as drops as well from the Hive.

They serve any purpose or just stupidly decorative?

Daemul

It's amazing how the Raid groups made up of younger players(around 13-15) seem to be more likely to actually listen to any friendly advice you give them in comparison to the older crowd. I was standing bored in the tower when I got a message from someone to help their group out in the normal Raid, and since I had nothing better to do, I joined them.

When I found out they were just kids I admit I got worried, thinking that the raid was going to be chaotic and a massive clusterfuck, but it actually ended up being one of the smoothest raids I've ever done. I taught them the best ways to handle the different stages of the confluxes and oracles, I made sure everyone got lots of practice with the relic during the Templar fight, we got through the whole of Gorgon without being spotted(the first pug group I've been in that has ever done that), we beat the Gatekeepers on our first try try(again, first time I've ever done this with a pug group) and after a few wipes, we took down Atheon.

All this, without any cheeses, because they told me before the Raid started that they wanted to properly learn the Raid's mechanics, which almost brought a tear to my eye.

Maybe I lucked out, and RNG favoured me with a group of highly talented young players, but even then, it was by far a better experience than with any pug group full of older "experienced"(and I use that word very loosely) players that I've ever been in. Having not to wipe multiple times at the Gorgon's because of people being convinced their flawed method of getting through the maze was better was a great welcome, I must say.

Tl;dr Don't be afraid to join raid groups made up of younger players, they will probably be much more fun to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom