• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

eFKac

New Star Wars looks lame IMO. Honestly comes across as fan fiction for the first film.

Don't get the hype. I'm not interested in 2 hours of nostalgia and have yet to see much else from the film.

That's just avatar quote fishing :p

Will there be achievements/trophies for TTK?

And if there are will it effect my current progress to OG Destiny platinum?

I just need to find a few more ghosts and do a strike with a clan and I'm done it. Such easy ones too.

ocean

Banned
Besides that, we really are a swell bunch of folks.
We really are swell.

Except when we're insulting devs or each other or making petty arguments over terminology or engaging in console fanboy bullshit or bringing crazy party chat drama into the thread or quitting the game or making a shitstorm over a feeble interpretation of a tweet from a dude who knows a dude, or worst of all... acting all exclusive among our cliques.

Oh man I love this place.

Tovarisc

I literally have been saving my Redbull tabs, finally entered them and they've been redeemed on another account?!?

I'm miffed.

Is there a solution?

I rightfully own the codes - as I have my tabs in possession.

itd be awesome if they are able to redeem my legit one and take it away from people who scam it

Sorry to hear that :/

And here I'm considering bruterforcing few XP boosters for myself as RedBull promotion isn't running in Finland.

noomi

Earlier in the day, a thread popped up over on OT by one of our fellow DGaffers. There's several folks from here trying to get in contact with that person.

Did anything ever happen with this? Last I heard they trying to get the police involved. Sad stuff :(

Hey man, did you know that the Force is awakening? :p

Spoiler alert Vader is Luke's father

OSmWCFd.jpg

Daemul

New Star Wars looks lame IMO. Honestly comes across as fan fiction for the first film.

Don't get the hype. I'm not interested in 2 hours of nostalgia and have yet to see much else from the film. "Ooo! All the old (emphasis on old) characters are back! Ooo! We're back on this boring desert planet! Ooh more Storm Troopers!"

tumblr_m8zoxe2OVk1rt8fjwo1_500.gif

Where are the new ideas?

Yeah I feel the same, I would have preferred a new trilogy set in the Old Republic era, but Disney wanna cash in on that nostalgia.

noomi

So do you guys think it will be possible to get nightfalls done at reset before the patch hits tomorrow?

It's going to feel weird not doing the nightfall first thing in the morning on a Tuesday...

Found the rest of the my missing ghosts today and have 35k in completed bounties saved up plus unfinished exotic bounties for Thorn, Invective, and Lord of Wolves. I think I'm ready for this patch.

ocean

Banned
How high do you think TK will bring the Grimoire cap? I don't recall how much grim score TDB and HoW added so I have no frame or reference to make a guess.

phen0m24

1) I hope izunadono is ok
2) TG sounds much different about Star Wars than a while back. Remember amigo, Kirshner is writing it. He wrote ESB! This will not be Attack of the Clones. And give JJ a chance. He's awesome. Let's be cautiously optimistic.
3) Javi (Alejandro) what happened? You didn't use kappa before/after that tirade post. :( I'm nervous.
4) Todd while in theory whether intentionally derogatory or not (in my case deservedly so - I mean I think I got Taeshik to quit the game trying to carry me last time) it is an accurate term. The equivalent to my contribution in ToO is like bringing belly button lint to the dinner table. I would wager that all of us who have been "sherpa-ed" or "carried" or "backpacked" or "Hi I'm the human boat anchor" (me) are all super grateful despite whatever the term is. I would gladly admit you carried me if you were to help me get to the Promised La- I mean Mercury.
5) Not sure if jedi mind tricks would penetrate Iron Man's helmet anyway.

FyreWulff

So do you guys think it will be possible to get nightfalls done at reset before the patch hits tomorrow?

It's going to feel weird not doing the nightfall first thing in the morning on a Tuesday...

Depends on

- if they are just locking out the nightfall anyway (preventing getting the bonus)
- if the NF bonus even exists in the TK build of Destiny (meaning the bonus would go away post patch)

noomi

How high do you think TK will bring the Grimoire cap? I don't recall how much grim score TDB and HoW added so I have no frame or reference to make a guess.

I'm going to guess 4K

Ghosts, pvp, and quests will be the contributors

ocean

Banned
I hope the announcer has all the new messages tomorrow.

"Double down"
"Three down"
(Queen's "favor" levels of hype): "THIS IS AMAZING"
"LOOK AT THEM FALL"

Agh can't wait. Off to sleep, Destiny is dead until patch hits.
Meaning I did all my 5k bounties and capped Marks

I would've preferred if they had kept some things from the EU canon. :(

They are in a sense. Reworking old ideas into the new ones. Worry not, I think. Its better this way to keep the new trilogy interesting, audiences speculating, so long as writers are in fact smart enough to know that the fan favorites of the EU need to come back in some recognizable and respectable enough form, be it an identical carry over or a new form that is as good as or better. We have already seen this to a small extent, and I think we will see much more of it after TFA is out as it wouldn't surprise me if they are holding writers on a shorter leash until then.

I remain optimistically confident in Thrawn's inevitable return at the very least. It would just be too insane not to happen, right?

....I really want a star wars tie-in dlc for Destiny. Idc how lore breaking it is.

2) TG sounds much different about Star Wars than a while back. Remember amigo, Kirshner is writing it. He wrote ESB! This will not be Attack of the Clones. And give JJ a chance. He's awesome. Let's be cautiously optimistic.

I'm a Star Wars fan, but I've had enough of these 10 second teasers where people go crazy for 2 seconds of footage. It does nothing for me; my lightsaber doesn't activate each time the Millennium Falcon is on screen. I'm not against homages, but everything they have released has fallen into two categories:
  • Nostalgia - Tatooine, Storm Troopers, original cast, Falcon, X wings
  • Fan Fiction. Ergo, stuff like this
tumblr_nri1xqKJBx1ruok98o1_500.gif

It looks goofy.

The first full length teaser we got was great.... and they've been retreading that trailer ever since.

Namikaze1

They are in a sense. Reworking old ideas into the new ones. Worry not, I think. Its better this way to keep the new trilogy interesting, audiences speculating, so long as writers are in fact smart enough to know that the fan favorites of the EU need to come back in some recognizable and respectable enough form, be it an identical carry over or a new form that is as good as or better. We have already seen this to a small extent, and I think we will see much more of it after TFA is out as it wouldn't surprise me if they are holding writers on a shorter leash until then.

I remain optimistically confident in Thrawn's inevitable return at the very least. It would just be too insane not to happen, right?

....I really want a star wars tie-in dlc for Destiny. Idc how lore breaking it is.
They need to bring Thrawn to the big screen. If they don't, they're dead to me.

Rubenov

Eating dinner now, so probably 45-60 min :-/

Xo and Gunnerz have been running folks, you might be able to hook up with them if it's too late. I need to see who else will be online to help, might be too late for Wicked and Falifax, too early for Rubenov. I'll let you know once I know more.
Should be home about an hour from now; thanks for the backup Drizzay.

This doesn't make any sense. If anything Destiny should be a fucking slideshow for a few minutes until you adjusted back to the 30 frames.

The gameplay is alot faster. I went right into crucible abs started blinking around. Mgs is sixty but slow going. Weird i know

GutZ31

The gameplay is alot faster. I went right into crucible abs started blinking around. Mgs is sixty but slow going. Weird i know
I understood what you meant.
120fps was exaggerated wording for what you perceive to be faster gameplay.

And Destiny is faster gameplay wise by a mile.
Still loving my MGS5 while I can peel myself away from Destiny.

Top Bottom