• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided I Review Thread I I asked for this

dem_1920_11_2.png

1080p30 on my GTX 970. Well, time to look for a new GPU next year!

Game just crashed not even two minutes in.

2016-08-1921_07_49-ga9jxof.png

Really? The fuck did they do to get this kind of performance.

Did HR also ran this badly?

Really? The fuck did they do to get this kind of performance.

What did they do to get that kind of performance?

THEY MAXED OUT THE SETTINGS COMPLETELY.

lmao...

my face right now is jackiechanWHAT.jpg

I've got a 970, and I'm not worried about getting this game to look and perform well at the same time just because of these benchmarks. Because that'd be stupid as fuck, frankly. Going "Oh no, 30fps on a 970!!?! Better replace my card!" based on max settings benchmarks is sooo asinine - you'd think that person would have replaced their 970 when GTA V didn't even run at 30fps while completely maxed out on a 970, huh? Except that's not how it works.

Nags

Banned
no. how bout you wait for real perfomance impressions? benchmarks are one thing, but i dont believe shit until i acutally play the game. am not gonna cancel a pre order cause of soemthing like this when it can all be fixed with a patch, specially considering its nixxes.

I wish more sites did reviews of the PC version.

nOoblet16

The recommended card doesn't mean it will run maxed or even Ultra settings. Rise of the Tomb Raider recommends the High preset for recommended cards. The Ultra preset isn't even maxed in that game as some settings can be tweaked even further. Nothig wrong with HAving settings that push even the best cards even if you don't necessarily see much of a difference.
That and recommended doesn't necessarily mean 60FPS. It can very well be 1080P/30FPS...which the 970 seems to accomplish atleast on an average.

Mechazawa

Okay, so the story is middle of the road. Fine.

But what about the quality of the emails where people are constantly shit talking behind each others backs?

Okay, so the story is middle of the road. Fine.

But what about the quality of the emails where people are constantly shit talking behind each others backs?

Supposed to be really good. The side quests of this game are actually the shining part of the story apparently. You get a lot of the story if you go through the hacking route apparently.

lmao...

I've got a 970, and I'm not worried about getting this game to look and perform well at the same time just because of these benchmarks. Because that'd be stupid as fuck, frankly.

Nice edit there, because only idiots would call someone out for asking a question.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

lmao...

I've got a 970, and I'm not worried about getting this game to look and perform well at the same time just because of these benchmarks. Because that'd be stupid as fuck, frankly. Going "Oh no, 30fps on a 970!!?! Better replace my card!" based on max settings benchmarks is sooo asinine - you'd think that person would have replaced their 970 when GTA V didn't even run at 30fps while completely maxed out on a 970, huh? Except that's not how it works.

Completely agree, 970 here too

I'll either max everything and lock at 30 or lower some things and play at 60

JayB1920

That and recommended doesn't necessarily mean 60FPS. It can very well be 1080P/30FPS...which the 970 seems to accomplish atleast on an average.

This is true too. I wouldn't want Nixxes to leave out amazing looking options like VXAO in Rise of the Tomb Raider because people will complain it won't run 1080/60 with it on on a 970 or whatever and are afraid of saying its a bad port. It is a noticeable improvement on even HBAO+. Wait until Digital Foundry and Geforce come out with verdicts assuming they do before jumping to conclusions.

http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...-comparison-009-nvidia-vxao-vs-hbao-plus.html
http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...-comparison-010-nvidia-vxao-vs-hbao-plus.html
http://images.nvidia.com/geforce-co...-comparison-008-nvidia-vxao-vs-hbao-plus.html

Vuze

Ok, it says 19.9GB. Is this right? Though it was 45GB.
God bless compression algorithms.
It will be ~44GB unpacked on your HDD.

Some tidbits: 1080p Ultra with Temporal AA requires nearly 4GB VRAM, CHS are still pretty horrible in terms of fade-in/out, 10~14GB RAM (out of 32GB) used on their testbench depending on GPU, GI apparently can't be turned off and as such is probably one reason for the unexpectedly low performance, non-16:9-AR are not supported in their test version

Found tech reviews of the first game, it definitely wasn't like this.

When you say 'it wasn't like this', what do you mean by 'this'?

because I'm pretty sure that trying to max out Deus Ex: Human Revolution completely, on a middle of the road graphics card for that time, wouldn't end well.

They outsourced the PC port for this one.

To Nixxes, which isn't exactly a source of concern, at least to me.

Nzyme32

On this point - this is from an IGN graphics comparison video, so obviously has a lot of compression. Even with that, it seems there is a noticeable difference between the two versions. I have no idea what equivalent setup the PS4 is using, or how big the difference between high and ultra is, but it does raise the question what the PC is doing differently. I would like to see what this scene looks like with the high preset as well, and then see what causes Ultra to be so performance heavy. Seems to be a big difference in volumetric lighting, LOD, AO etc

OPLFvy2.png

eLVcvK7.png

Mouse over this image for a quick comparison, or open the above images in 2 tabs and switch between them if the difference isn't clear enough

dr_rus

Interesting choice of cards for benchmarks. I recall they update their benches with more cards as they cover them though, right?

I believe so, yes.

On this point - this is from an IGN graphics comparison video, so obviously has a lot of compression. Even with that, it seems there is a noticeable difference between the two versions. I have no idea what equivalent setup the PS4 is using, or how big the difference between high and ultra is, but it does raise the question what the PC is doing differently. I would like to see what this scene looks like with the high preset as well. Seems to be a big difference in volumetric lighting, LOD, AO etc

The only difference I see here is contrast tbh. Well, some shadowing on the left seems different.

Lister

Banned
On this point - this is from an IGN graphics comparison video, so obviously has a lot of compression. Even with that, it seems there is a noticeable difference between the two versions. I have no idea what equivalent setup the PS4 is using, or how big the difference between high and ultra is, but it does raise the question what the PC is doing differently. I would like to see what this scene looks like with the high preset as well, and then see what causes Ultra to be so performance heavy. Seems to be a big difference in volumetric lighting, LOD, AO etc

OPLFvy2.png

eLVcvK7.png

Mouse over this image for a quick comparison, or open the above images in 2 tabs and switch between them if the difference isn't clear enough

Holy shit! PC version missing bird effects confirmed!

StereoVsn

When you say 'it wasn't like this', what do you mean by 'this'?

because I'm pretty sure that trying to max out Deus Ex: Human Revolution completely, on a middle of the road graphics card for that time, wouldn't end well.

To Nixxes, which isn't exactly a source of concern, at least to me.

980TI is not middle of the road card though. 1080/1070 were JUST released. Even the newer benchmarks posted still kind of suck. What we really need is some sane reviews from Toms Hardware, HardOCP (I know GAF doesn't like them), AnandTech, Guru3D, etc... somewhere that could run multiple benches at common resolutions and different presets.

d00d3n

Found tech reviews of the first game, it definitely wasn't like this.

The first game had 2 minute loading screens at quickload. A perfectionist run of the first real level was probably a couple of hours of loading screens in addition to the actual mission. It was pretty bad imo.

Lister

Banned
PS4 is 750TI. It will choke on this game at 1080p even on Medium I would wager.

Ps4 is probably, as uusual, a combinations of low, medium and high. High will likely be textures only. If they're goign for 30, then maybe a few more settings on high too.

S1kkZ

man, i really need to vent. i got the game early and just finished it (ps4). what a fucking joke.

there are no story spoilers, but i decided to put my impressions in spoiler tags, since they cover the whole game.

- the game is much shorter than human revolution (i did 90% of the side quests and was able to finish it within 12 hours or so)
- only 1 hub, seperated into 4 areas. there is one mission in a more open area that could be considered a hub, but its not even close to human revolutions second hub.
the prague hub is pretty big, but the lack of a real second hub has a big impact on variety.
- the ending...holy fuck. the game just ends, you dont see it coming. when the trophy showed up, i was speechless. this isnt a complete story, this is a fucking tv-show pilot with the rest of the season missing (probably coming via dlc).
- the game itself (mechanics, gameplay) is great. like i said, an improved human revolution.
-stealth/hacking is way to powerful, much more than in hr.
- breach mode is fun
- performance on ps4 is fine, except for the hub. here, you have to deal with some massive stutter and framedrops. also rare short freezes.
-side wuests are pretty great, i just expected a lot more of them.

cant wait for the spoiler thread to read what others think of it (maybe i overreact?).
and dont freak out: these are my impressions. its not a universal opinion.

Top Bottom