• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

_Legacy_

Wow, I've just realised you can skip the annoying id checks by turning invisible before you approach the stationary officers, cool.

Sifl

What even effects the Foxiest of Hounds achievements. I completed my first playthrough and didn't get it, I couldn't think of anything off the top of my head where I raised an alarm. Only thing I could think of was I would sometimes be in the sewer near Jensen's apartment and find police drones hostile and murdering people for no reason, and giving me a reset exp when I walked away. Not sure if that effects it though.

Anyone not get the ****! Taser Fist! achievement despite doing what it requires?

"Lock-On and deploy the Quad Arc upgrade of the Tesla Knuckle on four enemies at once."

I did this earlier but didn't get it. Not sure if it's because I did it during (pacing spoilers)
rainy Prague on cops whilst it was curfew.
Maybe this doesn't count?

psychotron

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but can I jump in with this installment if I didnt play Human Revolution?

There's a pretty detailed recap video that gets you up to speed at the start of the game. You should still play Human Revolution, because it's amazing.

ibn Saïd;215636451 said:
i'm gonna start a new run, after having played earlier as a pacifist and ghost (+ foxiest of the hounds). what do you recommend me to do now?

- start with ng+ and do another ghost run, this time on the perma-death mode, and only the main story?

- or start a new save file and play as a menacing, guns blazing terminator, see if i missed some side quests?

i'm inclined to do the first, for the time being. i don't know if i have the time for another 40+ hour run.

tips or suggestions ?

Akai__

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but can I jump in with this installment if I didnt play Human Revolution?

There is a 12 minute recap of Human Revolution, when you start the game. There's much to take in, but if you care for the story and background information, it's worth it.

ibn Saïd;215664537 said:
tips or suggestions ?

I don't think you can do NG+ combined with "I Never Asked For This" difficulty. The option is not there for me, but it is on standard New Game.

w0s

Are you locked out of giving the guy neropozine across from jensens apt once you return to Prague? He isn't in that spot any longer.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Are you locked out of giving the guy neropozine across from jensens apt once you return to Prague? He isn't in that spot any longer.

He moves locations. New Loc = New 3 codes to obtain. Though honestly if you are good at the hacking minigame you really dont need his info for the most part. Then again you dont really need cash in the game either lol

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I havent played through the whole game yet. But looking around on a few sites it seems the main story is way shorter than human revolution was. According to howlongtobeat.com ; anyone who has beaten both confirm this?
It feels about the same length to me. I took 44 hours to clear my first playthrough (did a ton of exploring, especially in Prague) and DXHR took me about 30ish, I think. Though to be fair, I played through the leak of DXHR a lot so I knew the first third of the game pretty well when the full version came out.

ibn Saïd;215636451 said:
i'm gonna start a new run, after having played earlier as a pacifist and ghost (+ foxiest of the hounds). what do you recommend me to do now?

- start with ng+ and do another ghost run, this time on the perma-death mode, and only the main story?

- or start a new save file and play as a menacing, guns blazing terminator, see if i missed some side quests?
I suggest playing a mix of the two. Kill when you think you should, and spare when you think you should. Go mostly stealth or mostly loud if you want, but don't be afraid to make exceptions. I find that a much more enjoyable way to play than adhering to either extreme. The feeling of cutting loose and going lethal when you think it's justified is part of the fun in this game, IMO.

Uh...grisly note on the final level
you can kill Miller yourself after administering the antidote, if you so choose...

EDIT: Ah, he moves locations

Note that the reason why you should give him the neuro is because PoIs give you XP for reaching the target location...

Ducarmel

ibn Saïd;215667135 said:
welp, that narrows it down. pretty weird that you can´t choose the permadeath difficulty on ng+
Because the permadeath difficulty deletes your save if you die. I imagine people would not be happy to lose the progress of their character and items/resources they have collected.

nOoblet16

Haha, yeah.

I'm not sure who Eidos have as animators during the dialogues, but they really need to get someone better at this job. If they're experienced developpers, then how can they fuck up so badly? Limitation of the engine? They spent 5 years working on this and still couldn't make something that look realistic on that side!
It is likely a limitation of the tools they have, leading to their rigging not being advanced enough to do complex animations..which is why anytime they have a cutscene with complex animations they do offline CGI, the opening train station scene being one exception which probably required a lot of work and careful planning which is why I'd guess it is on rails.

Such things are jarring but honestly low priority when compared to others.

w0s

He moves locations. New Loc = New 3 codes to obtain. Though honestly if you are good at the hacking minigame you really dont need his info for the most part. Then again you dont really need cash in the game either lol
Ahh thanks. I don't need the codes but just figured it might be a trophy.

I suggest playing a mix of the two. Kill when you think you should, and spare when you think you should. Go mostly stealth or mostly loud if you want, but don't be afraid to make exceptions. I find that a much more enjoyable way to play than adhering to either extreme. The feeling of cutting loose and going lethal when you think it's justified is part of the fun in this game, IMO.

yea i can do that. it's not like the achievements are "holding me back" any more. i could do a "pure" ghost run. or a a milder form of iron man without manual or quick saves, only automatic saves. if i get spotted, resort to violence without being able to reload.

trying to plan what to do is half the fun, lol

Because the permadeath difficulty deletes your save if you die. I imagine people would not be happy to lose the progress of their character and items/resources they have collected.

apparently you can, just found it out. but you need to have beat a new game on the new difficulty, you can't do ng+ from another difficulty (mine was give me deus ex) and then immediately and jump on perma for ng+.

that makes things a little more difficult then.

gdt

How are people finishing this so fast?

I'm at 31 hours and I just went past the point of no return (at least I think thats what that was).

lmimmfn

wow, "Confront Serif In Your Apartment" - spend an hour getting back to my apartment( im early on and figuring metro out lol ). Get back to apartment, nothing, 0, zip, no option to talk to Serif, no blue mission pointer, nothing, remote control does shit other than watch tv/leave.

Im done, the few hours i get to game per week i expect to have some enjoyment from, im really shocked i have to quit this so fast.

I'm at 31 hours and I just went past the point of no return (at least I think thats what that was).
There's a speedrun on Youtube clocked at an hour or something haha.

You can actually power through the core story gameplay really fast... vast majority of the experience is really exploration, taking time to do stealth or combat 'right', and conversations.

The Adam Jensen Story mission from the main menu, DLC only I believe, or pre-order "bonus"?
Man, that was so obviously ripped out of the main game and dumped there for extra dimes. It is truly rotten. It even has to go through the "oh, you haven't got your inventory and here's a handful of Praxis" bull. It makes no sense.

It was a fun mission too. I would love to see it back in its rightful place in the game. Ugh. UGH. It just leaves such a terrible taste in your mouth.

wow, "Confront Serif In Your Apartment" - spend an hour getting back to my apartment( im early on and figuring metro out lol ). Get back to apartment, nothing, 0, zip, no option to talk to Serif, no blue mission pointer, nothing, remote control does shit other than watch tv/leave.

Im done, the few hours i get to game per week i expect to have some enjoyment from, im really shocked i have to quit this so fast.

Did you already do it? If so, the objective is marked as checked in your mission list. Sarif is researching stuff for you and will contact you later on in the game. Also, an hour to get to the apartment, really?

I might have broken the game? It's my first play through and I just did Mission 10, but on the way out I decided to go exploring before I actually left
the sewer
. When I finally emerged, nothing happened and i have no objectives active. No matter where i go, nothing happens. Did I mess it up?

BadHand

GAF is my game fucked or am I just dumb? Just got back from
Golem City and its night time in Prague
. I head back to
TF29
as per the story objective and go down the elevator. Door at the bottom won't open. Says its [locked].

Restarted the game several times. Loaded up the auto saves and tried (they are all after
Returning to Prague, nothing from golem city)
and its the same issue.

I might have broken the game? It's my first play through and I just did Mission 10, but on the way out I decided to go exploring before I actually left
the sewer
. When I finally emerged, nothing happened and i have no objectives active. No matter where i go, nothing happens. Did I mess it up?

Have you opened your missions list?

Sometimes you have to manually select which missions to follow.

Caode

GAF is my game fucked or am I just dumb? Just got back from
Golem City and its night time in Prague
. I head back to
TF29
as per the story objective and go down the elevator. Door at the bottom won't open. Says its [locked].

Restarted the game several times. Loaded up the auto saves and tried (they are all after
Returning to Prague, nothing from golem city)
and its the same issue.

Never had that issue in both my playthroughs, did you
give the evidence to miller, or keep it? Can you go meet with Vega at all?
I'm a bit foggy on the campaign even after playing through it twice in the past two weeks.

BadHand

Never had that issue in both my playthroughs, did you
give the evidence to miller, or keep it? Can you go meet with Vega at all?

I gave it to
Vega. I'm on Mission 9, searched Millers apartment and told to use the NSN device.
Am I going to the wrong place?

Portugeezer

Can't load my save during the PSN maintenance because of DLC?

Heard people have problems accessing things before when PSN was down/undergoing maintenance, but I never had this issue before.

Is there a way to fix this?

Caode

I gave it to
Vega. I'm on Mission 9, searched Millers apartment and told to use the NSN device.
Am I going to the wrong place?

I'm trying to remember what I did, I think I
searched his apartment and then met with Vega near TF29 before going to use the NSN - but I can't say I've ever had TF29 be 'locked' before at any point in the game, was always free to explore whenever I wandered by it, did you get Millers Keycard in his apartment?

BadHand

I'm trying to remember what I did, I think I
searched his apartment and then met with Vega near TF29 before going to use the NSN - but I can't say I've ever had TF29 be 'locked' before at any point in the game, was always free to explore whenever I wandered by it, did you get Millers Keycard in his apartment?

I just saved at the bottom of the elevator. Turned the game off then reloaded and the doors where open when it reloaded. Feel like I dodged a bullet there. Hopefully that bug disappears.

Yagharek

Are audio bugs common in the ps4 version? It's hard to go through a dialogue encounter and watch the alpha beta omega signals whilst reading small text subtitles when the voices don't play.

Caode

I just saved at the bottom of the elevator. Turned the game off then reloaded and the doors where open when it reloaded. Feel like I dodged a bullet there. Hopefully that bug disappears.

Fuck, that's a relief. That could've been some rage inducing shit there. I remember putting something like 30 hours into Far Cry 2 only to get to a door that wouldn't open... needless to say, I wasn't amused.

Eggiem

I played
hours, did all side/main quests and points of interest, pacifist run. Great game!

rtcn63

I got stuck while doing an optional task during the
serial killer
side mission. I had to search an apartment for evidence, and I couldn't find whatever it was the game was expecting of me, and ended up having to google it. After, I said fuck it and put points in smart vision just to use for these evidence missions. It's borderline pixel hunt to get things to show up on Jensen's hud.

Megasoum

Banned
After over 10 hours played I finally decided to go to TF29 HQ

I love the fake storefront used as a cover for the base with the receptionist and the handgun in the drawer haha... That's very True Lies.

Top Bottom