• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there any reason to hold onto these "quantic quantifiers" and what not that say they can be sold at vendors?

Phionoxx

Yes that one is story related.

The bank is incredibly fun to explore man, I've visited almost all the rooms except two (but I accessed contents of one of them in an alternate way without going to that room) and you actually need to search around the entire town to actually be able to get in those rooms and get the goodies.

Okay thanks that makes sense. Feel like I looked everywhere I could think of there and couldn't find the card to get down there. And yes it is great to explore, awesome level design there.

Why would he be estranged from Sarif? Jensen was doing his bidding for 90% of the first game, out of a combination of loyalty and gratitude for saving his life. Nothing about the ending changed that relationship; why would it be strained now?

Sarif knew about Adam's unique DNA and questionable birth and kept it a secret until called on it. Further he used that DNA in experimental tests without Adam's permission.

Sarif may not be Illuminati but he was still as oily as they come and I can't imagine Adam would keep working for him. Plus his motives changed when he found out Megan was alive while he was in Hengsha.
The other big question mark is Megan--he learned his ex wasn't actually dead for the past few months, and he doesn't speak to her again after jetting off to the arctic to save the world?

All of the same as applied to Sarif but this betrayal is even more personal. On top of that she was doing quite well in her "captivity" and was on good terms with the man who, as far as she knows, killed Adam. Why would Adam have any desire to reconnect with her after learning all of that?

I'm not saying he has no motivation to "do the right thing", but nothing about the Illuminati's schemes were personal in a way that would cause him to drop everything else.

He was nearly killed and horribly maimed from their attack. How would it not be personal?

Further he's an ex-cop. You don't think Darrow's attack on all augs and the implied threat of complete control of augmented human beings (ie the original plan for the biochip) wouldn't ping his sense of justice just a little bit?

On top of all that, when you find out there is major global conspiracy controlling the world it isn't much of a stretch to think that, maybe, just maybe, that conspiracy might have had something to do with the unexplained details of his birth and biology.

Adam doing anything but tracking the Illuminati would be betrayal to his character as far as I'm concerned.

TheRed

So early on I spent an upgrade on the conversation system thingy. I haven't seen anything different in any conversation, is it just on specific conversations that I haven't got to yet? Or is it adding conversation options that don't look different in the menu and that's why I haven't noticed?

Mifec

So early on I spent an upgrade on the conversation system thingy. I haven't seen anything different in any conversation, is it just on specific conversations that I haven't got to yet? Or is it adding conversation options that don't look different in the menu and that's why I haven't noticed?

Specific, some let you use the persuade option too.

Tovarisc

For some specific ones it auto-triggers and for some you can manually activate it. Game gives you prompt if possible to active by yourself.

Simo

Oh hey did you guys know that the PS4 headset app updated for a Deus Ex profile for your Gold headsets?

The side missions are sooooooo good. I love how long and involved some of them are. Really makes Jensen feel like a detective and the gameplay versatility really shines through.

I like how the higher hacking levels are actually really challenging now without the other hacking upgrades. In HR I could safely ignore those other upgrades most of the time.

Yeah, it's great that Fortify actually matters now.

Yeah, Fortifying makes the whole thing much more interesting. You have to focus on your next target while simultaneously making sure you fortify previous points. I like this hacking a lot better, feels more dynamic.

Also, I like how citizens don't lose their minds if they see you hacking now. Having people running around crying and screaming because they see you hacking a terminal was hilarious but annoying.

Xyber

I love the game so far.

My only complaint is about how that miller guy is constantly riding my ass to move on with the mainstory mission. Damnit, this is deus ex, I want to explore and do side missions at my leisure.

If I somehow fail the mission because I took too much time to get to it imma be pissed.

Well, if it's a game where actions are supposed to have consequences then it would kinda make sense that something bad would happen if you took too long (like in HR where if you took too long to get to the hostage mission they would die). :p

But I agree that he got a bit annoying with his constant nagging.

Can you turn back on an aug if you turn it off? Turned off the marker aug since I don't plan to use it but wanted to buy it anyway to get rid of the stupid "Hold B" bug. However I don't see a way to re-enable.

I love the game so far.

My only complaint is about how that miller guy is constantly riding my ass to move on with the mainstory mission. Damnit, this is deus ex, I want to explore and do side missions at my leisure.

If I somehow fail the mission because I took too much time to get to it imma be pissed.
I haven't started that mission and his nagging goes away pretty soon.

Bergerac

Ok, not far in, really taking my time.

Basically went to see Koller about the augs and almost ejac'd my vitals signs away with that reveal. It was so well done it didn't even matter that I'd seen them all already.

Needless to say I didn't need to have a wank last night. LOL

Then to make you choose one of the experimental augs, and you sit there agonisingly/excitedly for ten minutes before you pick, and then it gets reset anyway so you can do it on your own time.

Man that's how you design a fucking game. Loving everything so far.

nOoblet16

Ok, not far in, really taking my time.

Basically went to see Koller about the augs and almost ejac'd my vitals signs away with that reveal. It was so well done it didn't even matter that I'd seen them all already.

Needless to say I didn't need to have a wank last night. LOL

Then to make you choose one of the experimental augs, and you sit there agonisingly/excitedly for ten minutes before you pick, and then it gets reset anyway so you can do it on your own time.

Man that's how you design a fucking game. Loving everything so far.
Some people hate it because "they took my augs away and I can't explore"

Xyber

I LOVE finding secret passages. HR made it far too easy to find them.

Got my a sniper rifle :>

Found one in an
apartment
as well together with a card for the bank. Still need to figure out how I get a card for the elevator in the bank that goes down to where I can use it though.

Spoiler tagged just in case.

Wasn't gonna use it though, so sold it for around 3k or whatever.

Did you not have the conversation with Sarif at the end of HR? Also the fact that he involved in an experiment without his consent (not the augmentations as thatbwas in his clause).

Are you talking about this? Jensen has one throwaway line about the augmentation evolution being based on his DNA; it doesn't feel like the scathing condemnation some people seem to remember it as.

Sarif knew about Adam's unique DNA and questionable birth and kept it a secret until called on it. Further he used that DNA in experimental tests without Adam's permission.

Sarif may not be Illuminati but he was still as oily as they come and I can't imagine Adam would keep working for him. Plus his motives changed when he found out Megan was alive while he was in Hengsha.

All of the same as applied to Sarif but this betrayal is even more personal. On top of that she was doing quite well in her "captivity" and was on good terms with the man who, as far as she knows, killed Adam. Why would Adam have any desire to reconnect with her after learning all of that?

He was nearly killed and horribly maimed from their attack. How would it not be personal?

Further he's an ex-cop. You don't think Darrow's attack on all augs and the implied threat of complete control of augmented human beings (ie the original plan for the biochip) wouldn't ping his sense of justice just a little bit?

On top of all that, when you find out there is major global conspiracy controlling the world it isn't much of a stretch to think that, maybe, just maybe, that conspiracy might have had something to do with the unexplained details of his birth and biology.

Adam doing anything but tracking the Illuminati would be betrayal to his character as far as I'm concerned.

Okay dude, relax.

Fujinn

rdjDUyv.jpg
Nice

nOoblet16

Found one in an
apartment
as well together with a card for the bank. Still need to figure out how I get a card for the elevator in the bank that goes down to where I can use it though.

Spoiler tagged just in case.

Wasn't gonna use it though, so sold it for around 3k or whatever.

Which card? The elevator is only available for one mission and one card. You might have a different card.

Vintage

Ok, wtf with the AI. One of the first missions, stopping Drahomir and his checkpoint.

Tell cops about him, they go to kill him. During fight, I shoot tranq dart to his head. He falls asleep, cops don't shoot him anymore, but mission pointer still points at him. Basically I was stuck, had to kill him sleeping - all the cops that just tried to kill Drahomir now attack me for doing it. BS.

nOoblet16

Ok, wtf with the AI. One of the first missions, stopping Drahomir and his checkpoint.

Tell cops about him, they go to kill him. During fight, I shoot tranq dart to his head. He falls asleep, cops don't shoot him anymore, but mission pointer still points at him. Basically I was stuck, had to kill him sleeping - all the cops that just tried to kill Drahomir now attack me for doing it. BS.

Well they did say at the start that this was their business now :p
But yea it's weird, I once knocked an important guy but I wanted him awake so I dragged his body out from a restricted zone to an unrestricted zone for guards to see him, they just ignored him and walked as normal, infact he walked over the knocked out dude. It's probably because guards in unrestricted area have different behaviour than guards in restricted.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Man, these Deus Ex games are the most fun I'm having with gaming this and the former generation. A sandbox of sorts but dense and meaningful quests. Wish more open work RPGS took inspiration from this game world.

Jeffrey

Can you imagine how annoying it would be to see a pick up and open animation for everything in a long game like this? Wolfenstein didn't let you pick up random things and open stuff it didn't do pick up animations for weapons, armour and health packs either, so it had little stuff to animate in the first place.

The switching to cover bit is an issue that will persist in any FPS game, that also uses third person perspective too, as long as games use different rigs for third person and first person. Star Citizen is the only game I've seen that uses the same rig for both TPS and FPS meabibg the way your character animates in first person is exactly the same animation that plays when in third person and that causes additional issues. And I think they had to do a lot of work to get that working.

I don't mind picking up items to be instant like it is, but having hands for moving physical items (corpses, boxes) would be better, could be a hassle getting collision and environments and your arm get stretchy because the rigs mess up.

I still don't really get why this and HR even has 3rd person moments? Cover system is neat, but you can totally get by without them in pretty much every other FPS, including the stealth ones.

nOoblet16

I don't mind picking up items to be instant like it is, but having hands for moving physical items (corpses, boxes) would be better, could be a hassle getting collision and environments and your arm get stretchy because the rigs mess up.

I still don't really get why this and HR even has 3rd person moments? Cover system is neat, but you can totally get by without them in pretty much every other FPS, including the stealth ones.

Cause Jensen is cool to look at.
Also this

QQV6xQe.gif

Vic_Viper

Trying to start the "glitch" side mission but cant find how to start it. Can anyone that has done it tell me where to find the
glitched out poster
?

Spoiler tagged jic someone wants to figure this one out themselves.

Sorry if the image blows up but I actually thought my monitor had some issue displaying pixels:

Those dots on her face had me distracted the whole time.

I think those might have been in DXHR too, not entirely sure though.

I know for a fact though that DOOM has that going on when Samuel Hayden is met for some reason, making him look like he's photoshopped onto the scene for some reason.

Anyway, anyone know where Edward is? I'm trying to give him his card but he's not anywhere near the map marker for him is, and Smart Vision gives me no useful hints either. Outside the Vincent Van Aug store, that is. Leaving the area and coming back didn't change anything either. Is the map marker wrong or is my game fucked and he never spawned?

One thing that's driving my OCD crazy is...early in the game I wanted to see what a stealth kill looked like. I don't remember if I reloaded my save to get back towards the pacifist achievement...so I'm currently stealth/non-lethaling my way through the game with no idea if it's actually contributing towards that. Oh well.

But yeah, as soon as I got into Prague, this game opened up and felt amazing again. I was a little worried, as the intro mission just seemed off to me in some way. I don't mind tutorials, but it just seemed like a weak start. Didn't feel like Deus Ex to me. Now it does.

Fledz

Remote hacking is an interesting new aug. Probably my favourite new one so far.

Re: the prologue - I think they went too CoD/Battelfield with what they were trying to do and they failed, especially the sandstorm/chopper bit. Luckily as you guys have pointed out, it gets back to proper DX very soon after it.

Glass

Im guessing CDKeys copies didnt count as Day One Editions? I'm wondering about the Art book pdf and such.

Just got to Jensens apartment for the first time, hyped as fuck to dive into this proper.

Can I go to the first mission at TF29 without having finished exploring Prague and picking up sidequests and stuff? Wanna get Miller to quiet up but not sure if the world is going to change or anything after that mission.

Xyber

Which card? The elevator is only available for one mission and one card. You might have a different card.

I found 1 card in
Miller's secret room in his apartment
and another one in the basement of a shop I got access to because I gave him some of that stuff everyone wants which I can't remember the name of.

I have been everywhere in the building (spent about an hour sneaking around the entire place without any augs to help me out) and I haven't found a single place to use them apart from down that elevator.

Im guessing CDKeys copies didnt count as Day One Editions? I'm wondering about the Art book pdf and such.

Just got to Jensens apartment for the first time, hyped as fuck to dive into this proper.

It were the 1st Day one editions.
You get the link from Square Enix for the Artbook and for the Promo OST and Novella.
At least I did.

Gav47

What is with the lip sync on some characters and the weird movement while sprinting stairs.

Im guessing CDKeys copies didnt count as Day One Editions? I'm wondering about the Art book pdf and such

Mine did, I even got the Dota announcer

Top Bottom