• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

eXtv

Banned
Ran into an annoying bug, for whatever reason I can't crouch-walk anymore, I can crouch, but any movement makes me stand back up. Can't scope in on my rifle either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks. I didn't get a link but I just checked and all the above are in the install folder, was too busy looking for a download link or something on the games store page on Steam. Good stuff.

You're welcome, enjoy the extra stuff and the game.
Got 10 hours already accumulated.

I have never played Deus Ex before. But I always hear great things. This new game seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback, I'm tempted to jump in but might wait for a discount.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Should I be trying to talk to all people on the street? I figured people with generic names would just bark a one liner at me, but after doing the early sidequest
to bust the extortionist fake police officer, I had to talk to a generic named "police" to finish the quest

Should I be trying to talk to all people on the street? I figured people with generic names would just bark a one liner at me, but after doing the early sidequest
to bust the extortionist fake police officer, I had to talk to a generic named "police" to finish the quest

Yeah but in that case you overhear a conversation that clues you in that she is the one to speak to.

Hmm. I really love Prague and its design, but more and more I kinda wonder about how it's...

Hmm. They changed the traditional Deus Ex game design here, where there's hubs, and there's "dungeons" that are fairly large and dedicated to enemies, either accessed off the street and with a visible loading screen, or sent there via aircraft for a story mission. MD instead has a very large and dense hub (for the most part) with pockets of enemies you can slip into without loading screens.

I'm not finished with the game, so there may be more combat heavy stuff as I enter the second half, but unless I'm just really good at stealth it feels like a lot of the enemy heavy stuff must have been shunted off to Breach or the Jensen Stories (which I have not touched yet).

nOoblet16

I found 1 card in
Miller's secret room in his apartment
and another one in the basement of a shop I got access to because I gave him some of that stuff everyone wants which I can't remember the name of.

I have been everywhere in the building (spent about an hour sneaking around the entire place without any augs to help me out) and I haven't found a single place to use them apart from down that elevator.

Miller's keycard is not a bank keycard it's a card to the room next to his office in TF29 (NSN room) which is where you have your next mission, the other card belongs to the Talvos security company or something and I know how to get to their vault but I won't spoil it for you. What I will tell you is that it's not thorough the lift in the bank so don't waste your time there I spent 5 hours yesterday trying to get through only to realise that it's exclusive to a mission that I never played.

I'm sorry I thought you were interested in a discussion.

Well no, I was expressing my reaction to the game's opening, and asking how to level set my expectations for the narrative. You've got strong feelings about the character, and that's cool I guess; it doesn't invalidate my different experience with HR and what I was expecting from MD though.

deoee

The only thing I really dislike 50% in the game is the Bioenergy you have. It's way too low and I can not really find or craft enough of them to keep it above the minimum all the times.

I really wish standard would be a bit more than 1 usage of knockdown after I upgrade it :(

Hmm. I really love Prague and its design, but more and more I kinda wonder about how it's...

Hmm. They changed the traditional Deus Ex game design here, where there's hubs, and there's "dungeons" that are fairly large and dedicated to enemies, either accessed off the street and with a visible loading screen, or sent there via aircraft for a story mission. MD instead has a very large and dense hub (for the most part) with pockets of enemies you can slip into without loading screens.

I'm not finished with the game, so there may be more combat heavy stuff as I enter the second half, but unless I'm just really good at stealth it feels like a lot of the enemy heavy stuff must have been shunted off to Breach or the Jensen Stories (which I have not touched yet).

To me it feels more like DX1 where the enemies are located organically as a part of a hub instead of feeling like discrete missions a la HR.

nOoblet16

It's still there.
When it comes to Prague though, you still have variations of those dungeons that are areas exclusive to enemies but you just don't have a loading screen. It all comes down to being able to show more of a world in a game rather than a door that then leads to a large area once it loads.

I have never played Deus Ex before. But I always hear great things. This new game seems to be getting a lot of positive feedback, I'm tempted to jump in but might wait for a discount.

While you wait, you should definitely play Deus Ex: Human Revolution. It's a fantastic game in it's own right.

I did that, but I can't interact with the vent, weirdly enough...

That is weird, worked in my playthrough.

deus-ex-md-rave-party-keycard-1024x581.jpg

Maybe this picture helps. I used that too.

Trago

Been going with the stealth approach. Avoiding trouble, but not worried about killing or not killing anyone in my way. If I have to, I do, if I can avoid it, I do. Really enjoying myself. Reading every email, ebook, etc. not gonna lie.....I spent nearly an hour picking out which augs to activate early on lol. This game is surpassing my expectations.

Kind of weird to have a Deus Ex game that doesn't take place entirely at night...

I know Human Revolution had a couple of areas that weren't at night, but the majority of the game was at night (and started at night). An interesting change of pace, but I do kind of wish MD started at night as well.

I did that, but I can't interact with the vent, weirdly enough...

That us weird, worked in my playthrough.

Maybe this picture helps. I used that too.
I had the exact same problem :s

Even got the heavy lifting aug earlier than I had liked just to clear it, but for some reason the vent wasn't usable. Ended up
having to go back to the apartment and
get the keycard
from the bedroom
like a chump.

I had the exact same problem :s

Even got the heavy lifting aug earlier than I had liked just to clear it, but for some reason the vent wasn't usable. Ended up
having to go back to the apartment and
get the keycard
from the bedroom
like a chump.

Seems I was really lucky that it didn't bugged out for me.
That sucks :/

To me it feels more like DX1 where the enemies are located organically as a part of a hub instead of feeling like discrete missions a la HR.

DX1 had more of that, but there were still areas like Battery Park, the airfield, VersaLife, etc., and of course once you reached the endgame there was the sub/ocean base, Vandenberg, etc.

I'll note that right now I've just
reached Golem City and completed all of the sidequests I could find before that, with about 14 hours played according to Steam's tracker (but I think it may be missing about 2 hours due a crash).

Wow just found out for SM04, I could have just
entered the front door and had a speech battle, instead of sneaking in and stealing the item. Thought the game was being silly when it had the marker on the front door for a restricted area with guards inside guess not.

nOoblet16

Wow just found out for SM04, I could have just
entered the front door and had a speech battle, instead of sneaking in and stealing the item. Thought the game was being silly when it had the marker on the front door for a restricted area with guards inside guess not.
I talked my way through at first then I saw vents and alternate paths to the room so I figured I could have avoided it. But I choose to keep it the way rather than reloading because I figured I'd get additional side missions based on it and I was right

Spent 3 hours sneaking around this bank. It's like the Police Station from HR on steroids. So much fun.

But how do I access Wlodek's safe? I see it there in the wall but I can't interact with the object that's concealing it.

Got to
Golem City
, going lethal when going to find the guy in the cell who
was getting tortured
was so satisfying. Killed every enemy inside. Kudos to Square Enix for making me emotionally invested in the storyline. I like to roleplay when deciding which enemies to kill and which ones to knock out. Fucking hell, what's going on over there is depressing as fuck, really made me feel for the citizens living there.

nOoblet16

Spent 3 hours sneaking around this bank. It's like the Police Station from HR on steroids. So much fun.

But how do I access Wlodek's safe? I see it there in the wall but I can't interact with the object that's concealing it.
Which room is it again? I can't recall the name Wlodek. If it is the one I think it is then check the desk.

DX1 had more of that, but there were still areas like Battery Park, the airfield, VersaLife, etc., and of course once you reached the endgame there was the sub/ocean base, Vandenberg, etc.

Yeah but battery park and the airfield didn't feel like discrete dungeons to me. Parts of battery park just have normal NPCs wandering around, you have the subway to get to Hell's Kitchen,etc. And then it branches from there to get you the subway tunnels that had sections with non hostile NPCs as well, and all of that lead right up to the airfield. One of my favorite aspects of the level design in DX1 is how pretty much every spot from Liberty Island to Battery Park, Hells Kitchen, Subways, Airfield, and MJ12 Base are all connected with the exception of the helicopter trip from Liberty Island to the park. That makes it feel less like discrete levels and more like one large location. That's what I think MD gets back to though obviously not on the same scale.

BeeDog

Just started playing this game and wish I can get out of the tutorial area, but can't for the life of me ghost the helicopter section with my stun gun. Any suggestions? Would be eternally grateful so I can get into the main brunt of the game.

Thanks in advance!

Odrion

Banned
I think No Man's Sky is the first, and maybe only, game to be so bad that it was giving me phantom nausea.

It's the worst "mainstream" game I played this generation. Worse than Knack.

Just started playing this game and wish I can get out of the tutorial area, but can't for the life of me ghost the helicopter section with my stun gun. Any suggestions? Would be eternally grateful so I can get into the main brunt of the game.

Thanks in advance!

Drop down, hit cloak, run to the left side of the chopper, turn on augmented vision to find battery, pull it out, and you are done.

Top Bottom