• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

deoee

Haha

a guard just screamed "HUH, I GOT AN INTRUDER!"
I was imidiatly on my toes, hid and watched the radar status - nothing has changed.

Then he adds "Haha nah, was just testing you guys"

Best troll EU.

nOoblet16

Haha

a guard just screamed "HUH, I GOT AN INTRUDER!"
I was imidiatly on my toes, hid and watched the radar status - nothing has changed.

Then he adds "Haha nah, was just testing you guys"

Best troll EU.
Yea that really made me chuckle. I immediately cloaked and started looking at my radar lol.

What a troll.

Xyber

Spent 3 hours sneaking around this bank. It's like the Police Station from HR on steroids. So much fun.

But how do I access Wlodek's safe? I see it there in the wall but I can't interact with the object that's concealing it.

I saw a safe I couldn't interact with as well, maybe it was in that room. I couldn't find anything else that would help me open it.

I did find a fun little puzzle in another room to get into a hidden room. So maybe there was something similar with that safe that I missed.

BeeDog

One more question: is there a way to see if you've been spotted on some kind of Stats page or similar? Would be great, but can't seem to find one.

I_D

dxmd2016-08-2414-24-0vnspr.png

I wasn't hooked on the art style at first, but now I love it. It really looks like concept art at certain points.

I feel like I'm playing Riddick's 2033rd Half-life.

EDIT: And if anybody knows how to get rid of the "Unmark all" prompt, that'd be awesome.

deoee

dxmd2016-08-2414-24-0vnspr.png

I wasn't hooked on the art style at first, but now I love it. It really looks like concept art at certain points.

I feel like I'm playing Riddick's 2033rd Half-life.

This image is awesome, it makes me feel ill.

g90lBwV.jpg

And yeah, it really shines at times :)

Like the atmosphere in the whole section

Vic_Viper

Anyone know where to find the start for side mission 01011000 also known as
Glitch
? There should be
glitched out posters
by or near the train stations but I havent been able to spot any so far.

Jeffrey

Wish you could whistle/knock on the wall when in cover to get people over, guess standing up and walking works too.

Doesn't seem to be a way to do a 'cover takedown, move body behind cover'? Pretty much a staple maneuver in stealth games now, don't think you could in HR though.

nOoblet16

Wish you could whistle/knock on the wall when in cover to get people over, guess standing up and walking works too.

Doesn't seem to be a way to do a 'cover takedown, move body behind cover'? Pretty much a staple maneuver in stealth games now, don't think you could in HR though.
If you use takedown from cover Jensen brings the body behind cover.

drotahorror

Did I do something wrong? Are you supposed to lose ALL your augments except the ones you use praxis chips on? Like, I have nothing now except slow down time, remote hacking, and I put a bunch of points into the battery power or w/e it's called. I can't jump high, I can't fall, I can't hack...the only thing I disabled was marking targets one.

Did I do something wrong? Are you supposed to lose ALL your augments except the ones you use praxis chips on? Like, I have nothing now except slow down time, remote hacking, and I put a bunch of points into the battery power or w/e it's called. I can't jump high, I can't fall, I can't hack...the only thing I disabled was the clone thing where you last were.

You didn't do anything wrong.
It is the same mechanic like Metroid, were you lose your powers, and have to re-enable them via praxis points.
Koller rebooted your system.

Brokun

Did I do something wrong? Are you supposed to lose ALL your augments except the ones you use praxis chips on? Like, I have nothing now except slow down time, remote hacking, and I put a bunch of points into the battery power or w/e it's called. I can't jump high, I can't fall, I can't hack...the only thing I disabled was marking targets one.

If you're talking about when you sit down in the chair in Koller's place, then
you lose most of your abilities, except maybe a few, but you get a load of praxis points to increase some of your abilities if you want.

However,
you won't have enough praxis points to get all of the abilities you had at the start of the game. This is normal. Continue playing the game!

Vuze

Is there any way to use the hub map more efficiently? It seems I cannot use waypoints or any other kind of easy navigation. I mean, the hubs are ultimately relatively small so you qickly remember the locations but still...

Sanctuary

I won't be able to play this until next week, but I keep seeing the Icarus Dash repeatedly compared to the Blink ability from Dishonoered in pretty much every article. While I get the comparison, isn't it more of a cross between Blink and the Vanguard charge? AFAIK, you can't use Blink to disable enemies in a similar way, and because of its combat use in this game, it can be used for an alternative playstyle.

nOoblet16

I won't be able to play this until next week, but I keep seeing the Icarus Dash repeatedly compared to the Blink ability from Dishonoered in pretty much every article. While I get the comparison, isn't it more of a cross between Blink and the Vanguard charge? AFAIK, you can't use Blink to disable enemies in a similar way, and because of its combat use in this game, it can be used for an alternative playstyle.
Icarus dash has three uses.
1) Uncharged version (a quick tap) is an omnidirectional dash you can use during combat/sneaking.
2) When charged you can use it like vanguard Biotic charge to knock multiple enemies unconscious.
3) Charged version also allows you to cover distance like blink.

It's all three.

usp84

Does anyone else loot the same type of weapon separately,then go to the shop and sell one then go back grab another weapon and sell that too etc etc?

One more question.

I bought all 9 upgrades for the biocells.

Why do I still have the same amount I started the game with?

When you begin the game, you'll see the meter is not full - no matter how many Biocells you use, you cannot fill it past the solid grey line. There are two "grey dashes" in the bar to show that each time you upgrade capacity, you extend how far to the right the energy meter can go.

Exact same thing on the health meter, which you can see in your screenshot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
That is little longer, but nowhere near full minute. You mentioned game being on HDD? Could be reason for longer loads :/ I know long loading times suck ass, my sympathies with your loading time situation.

Yeah I think thats all it is

Brokun

I posted another noob question above.

The strange thing is that it was fuller when I first did the upgrade now it's back to only a small amount of energy.

Buying the upgrades doesn't recharge your meter. You still have to use biocells to recharge it to full.

Sanctuary

Icarus dash has three uses.
1) Uncharged version (a quick tap) is an omnidirectional dash you can use during combat/sneaking.
2) When charged you can use it like vanguard Biotic charge to knock multiple enemies unconscious.
3) Charged version also allows you to cover distance like blink.

It's all three.

First abilities I'm going to get would be: Max hacking, lift, jump, inventory and dash. Probably focus on energy regen after. Depending on how much of an enegy hog the abilities are, I might end up trying to play a more combat focused build that uses the dash and armor agument in another playthrough. With a shotgun of course. :)

Jeffrey

If you use takedown from cover Jensen brings the body behind cover.

Interesting, I haven't seen an enemy get close enough to me when im cover for the prompt yet.

Doesn't seem to be anyway to takedown people over a crate or other cover, or if they are slight elevated area.

Throwing things against the wall works too.

I should try this more. It's basically how ive been Hitmaning it anyways.

Egg0

Banned
Anyone's PS4 fan gets super loud playing this? I tried playing other games just to test and it seems to get loud only when playing DE.

nOoblet16

Interesting, I haven't seen an enemy get close enough to me when im cover for the prompt yet.

Doesn't seem to be anyway to takedown people over a crate or other cover, or if they are slight elevated area.

I should try this more. It's basically how ive been Hitmaning it anyways.
You can take down by dragging someone over a cover, but it depends on the cover itself.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I almost fell out of my chair when I went guns blazing into a Russian prostitution ring or something and while looting everyone this occurred:

NSFW
Code:
[SPOILER][IMG]http://imgur.com/tWIQJ8m.png[/IMG][/SPOILER]

I found the Body Manipulation text quite funny
considering the position
as I was looting up the stairs and probably held E for too long.

ESRB didn't warn me about this!

Great game so far, just did a
bank heist thingy
the sneaky way, took a good hour or so to do but my god was it amazing to complete without raising any alarm.

Why sprinting up/down the stairs is slower than just running? :D

This is the biggest issue right here.

Sprint > stairs oh no god gonna crawl!

Stevey

Ran into an annoying bug, for whatever reason I can't crouch-walk anymore, I can crouch, but any movement makes me stand back up. Can't scope in on my rifle either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I had this problem on the steam version.
I use shift+tab to open the steam overlay.
This and a few games before it think you're holding shift if you do this, making you constantly sprint.
Just pause and hammer shift a few times.

Staf

Got passed the awful tutorial stage tonight, huzzah! Doing a side mission in prague now and having much more fun. Two things that's bothering me though. 1. Sarif's is voiced by someone else? Sounds nothing like him in HR. 2. the background music in HR stomps MD. I also really miss the black/gold look HR had.

munroe

So I've played for around 2 hours and I've just left Jensen's apartment. The tutorial ending which everyone seemed to be complaining about, easy and luckily didn't encounter the crash at the station which a lot of people seemed to have encountered.

So far, really enjoying it, though there's that annoying bug where if you're in cover when you saved, upon loading the game and you press space to resume the game, Jensen dashes to a point.

Dartastic

So I've played for around 2 hours and I've just left Jensen's apartment. The tutorial ending which everyone seemed to be complaining about, easy and luckily didn't encounter the crash at the station which a lot of people seemed to have encountered.

So far, really enjoying it, though there's that annoying bug where if you're in cover when you saved, upon loading the game and you press space to resume the game, Jensen dashes to a point.
I'm at the underground station now (like one of the first story missions) and I have no idea how to get into the office. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :/

Dubz

Any way to customize the game pad controls on PC? All I want to do is change sprint and crouch. I like the default controls except for I hate sprint on Y, and crouch on R3.

Glass

WMYb.jpg

Most detailed tattoos in a game ever? Usually they look awful. I'm running around Prague for the first time hitting screencap every 5 seconds.

Vaporak

Just finished downloading the game on my PC and doing the start. I think I'll go with a lethal start this time, makes more sense to start that way given the starting mission and I played more nonlethal in the last one.

Top Bottom