• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

4jjiyoon

That's weird because I went pacifist for my playthrough and was thanked several times for being restrained.

What was the news story after going back to
Ruzicka Station
?

And what did
Talos Rucker
say to you?

Both of mine said about killing people.

Furyous

I finally plunked down the $60 and bought the day one digital edition via Amazon on the 4.

What's a good way to break the game early? Obivously I need the
time traveler trophy
but absent that I am lost. Yes, I could play the game normally but fuck that shit. Let me be great early and often. I'm going for pacifist and foxiest of hounds trophies on the first playthrough.

MankindDividedGAF, what are the first three upgrades I should get?

CHC

I don't get what they're doing with Adam's character. He COULD be interesting. His apartment in both games does a lot to humanize him, but none of that ever actually translates to how he interacts with people. Even in Human Revolution, when he finds out he was born in a lab and his parents were killed in an "accident," he strains as hard as he can not to show emotion. It's like he's on the brink of being a deconstruction of "grizzled white guy" but instead firmly adheres to it.

As much as I like the game I can agree with this. It needs a little levity and lightness sometimes, and ironically, some humanity. Adam could show it but often doesn't. There's a scene with Chikane where Adam is like "I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately...." and it felt so good to see a little bit of personality from him. More of that would definitely be welcome. I know The Witcher III gets used as a comparison all the time but Geralt, for instance, plays the part of the gruff protagonist but in truth is just a man - he has feelings about people and can joke or laugh or be sarcastic.

Adam does this infrequently - wouldn't mind more of it if they're going to keep him as the protagonist going forward. Minor criticism though.

Jeffrey

The more I'm playing the game the more I see imo its key flaw,

progression.

Unless there is more augs unlocked later, I don't think i'm at the end of the game yet, and i'm pretty much done upgrading the stuff I care about, which means no real incentive to explore and play the game like deus ex.

Heck I maxed out hacking so no real incentive of hacking laptops (the writing is dull for the most part). And the stun gun is so ridiculously op that I've seen no need to upgrade any combat trees or what not.

I just wish I'd care more about the 'experimental augs'. only one ive been using is remote hacking for cameras, others just seem pointless, and quite expensive ammo wise (you don't see nanoblade ammo much).

Megasoum

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm tired but I'm reading the biocell section of the aug trees and I'm confused...

Is there an upgrade that will increase the size of the auto-regen section on the energy bar? So that you get more energy from auto-regen?

DukeBobby

Just finished Tier 1 in Breach mode.

I don't think I'll bother doing any more. It got dull pretty quickly.

Neat little mode though, if you can excuse the microtransaction bullshit.

Well, just beat the game. Got my Pacifist trophy, but not Foxiest. I never got the tutorial that detailed alarms, so I'm quite befuddled. Does it count if the final boss sees you? Still, though, I know I never set off an alarm that I was actively aware of. Why Eidos didn't correct their previous mistake by putting in a stats page right in the game is beyond my comprehension.

Oh, and ending question.
So, Alex Vega is Delara Auzenne? That was the impression I got when you see what is back of Vega's head as it turns into Delara's brown hair.

Stoze

Just started playing. So should I just redeem all the dlc stuff right off the bat and make sure to keep this save right?

Maybe it's because I'm tired but I'm reading the biocell section of the aug trees and I'm confused...

Is there an upgrade that will increase the size of the auto-regen section on the energy bar? So that you get more energy from auto-regen?

Left tree: increases regen speed
Middle tree: increases energy capacity
Right tree: decreases delay before regen kicks in

And each time you buy an energy aug it refills your meter to full.

Jeffrey

nope. I get the reasoning, but I dislike it still.

Megasoum

Banned
So how do I get rid of that pop-up???

I completed the tutorial and I actually disabled the Typhoon but the message won't go away.
8FA37F807FFCC9E4C7994879992FF29E3029CE8D

Speaking of which... It really is permanent? So there's no way to ever re-enable the disabled aug?

I took the side quest that is supposed to let me use those experimental augs without causing issues... Should have I waited to finish that quest before disabling a normal aug?

PSA: Don't randomly chuck dumpsters over walls and stuff otherwise you might kill a cop.... or hit a random pedestrian while shoving a refrigerator through a window.

Well, just beat the game. Got my Pacifist trophy, but not Foxiest. I never got the tutorial that detailed alarms, so I'm quite befuddled. Does it count if the final boss sees you? Still, though, I know I never set off an alarm that I was actively aware of. Why Eidos didn't correct their previous mistake by putting in a stats page right in the game is beyond my comprehension.

Oh, and ending question.
So, Alex Vega is Delara Auzenne? That was the impression I got when you see what is back of Vega's head as it turns into Delara's brown hair.
I just confirmed you cannot be seen by the final boss to get Foxiest. I'm sure this is no new revalation to the thread, but I thought it bears another confirmation.

And I'm about ready to
watch the mid-credit scene
to see if my above spoiler is just me being high on beating the game. :p (
Yeah, I'm crazy. It's just Delara is masks as a different blonde person
.)

I really loved MD and I'm definitely going to have a few more playthroughs. I want that Platinum! And I thought it was an excellent game, definitely worthy as a sequel to its predecessor.

televator

I just started playing 2 days ago. The gameplay, controls, open world design, and AI are fantastic.

The story on the other hand is 4x worse than HR. The racism angle completeley misses the mark and reeks of writers who know absoluteley nothing about historical racism from the point of view of the opressed.

Eidos is lucky they made the actual game as fun to play as it is, cuz the story is utter garbage so far.

4jjiyoon

The story on the other hand is 4x worse than HR. The racism angle completeley misses the mark and reeks of writers who know absoluteley nothing about historical racism from the point of view of the opressed.

Eidos is lucky they made the actual game as fun to play as it is, cuz the story is utter garbage so far.

exactly 4x? thats very specific. i love the story so far, the racism and segregation angle works perfectly for me.

Grisby

The dips on PS4 are pretty bad.
They're bad on Xbox too. Just running around in the middle of the second area causes big stutters. I can only imagine what it would be like if I decided to ghost everyone.
PSA: Don't randomly chuck dumpsters over walls and stuff otherwise you might kill a cop.... or hit a random pedestrian while shoving a refrigerator through a window.
"Look out beeeeeeelow. Aw shit, my pacifist trophy."

televator

exactly 4x? thats very specific. i love the story so far, the racism and segregation angle works perfectly for me.

I liked half the story of HR. It wasnt until ILLUMINATI TIME that the story lost me. MKD's story loses me by default due to the illuminati silliness, but the ham fisted racial analogies that dont work at all bring the story down a whole nother level.

"Im Adam Jensen, grumpy white guy in a medium dominated by grumpy white guys... Check out how oppressed I am because of my badass augmentations that give me super powers... Ugh, see that? That cop told me something mean. This is exactly like racism."

Megasoum

Banned
For some reason I just can't hack the stupid computer near the entrance of Time Machine... It's only a level 1 but I just can't get through it.

Edit: Oh right, I just remembered that I had a multi-tool taking space in my inventory. Fuck it.

As much as I like the game I can agree with this. It needs a little levity and lightness sometimes, and ironically, some humanity. Adam could show it but often doesn't. There's a scene with Chikane where Adam is like "I haven't been getting a lot of sleep lately...." and it felt so good to see a little bit of personality from him. More of that would definitely be welcome. I know The Witcher III gets used as a comparison all the time but Geralt, for instance, plays the part of the gruff protagonist but in truth is just a man - he has feelings about people and can joke or laugh or be sarcastic.

Adam does this infrequently - wouldn't mind more of it if they're going to keep him as the protagonist going forward. Minor criticism though.

I've been reading the prequel book for the game and it actually does a decent job of humanizing Adam. I think the main reason for this is because we're exposed to his thoughts in the book, and Adam seems to be a pretty private person, so I doubt he would be expressing these things vocally. That being said there have been some nice, humanizing moments in the game so far (I'm on story mission 9). I'd love to see more of that in future installments.

On another topic:

Is Koller ever going to contact me about this part I got from Otar that's supposed to allow me to use experimental augs without having to disable others? I've had this thing for a while and went back to his book shop after getting back from
Golem City
and he wasn't there.

I took the side quest that is supposed to let me use those experimental augs without causing issues... Should have I waited to finish that quest before disabling a normal aug?

Once you complete that side mission later in the game, you'll be back to normal don't worry.

MankindDividedGAF, what are the first three upgrades I should get?

Imo for stealthy playthrough:

Vision cones, Invisibility 1, Hacking level 2.

The battery speed and cd rates are good to have for takedown, hacking is useful but DAMN expensive, I recommend getting strength/jumping/wall smash quickly as well because they open up almost all of the side routes in the game.

Jeffrey

So how do I get rid of that pop-up???

I completed the tutorial and I actually disabled the Typhoon but the message won't go away.

Speaking of which... It really is permanent? So there's no way to ever re-enable the disabled aug?

i had this. it disappeared once i talked to a named person. I talked to the gun dealer in the apartment place.

Megasoum

Banned
LMAO.... I was sure that I had bought Icarus Landing so I just ran and jumped over a balcony railing... Ooops.. That's a dumb way to die hahaha

Once you complete that side mission later in the game, you'll be back to normal don't worry.

Imo for stealthy playthrough:

Vision cones, Invisibility 1, Hacking level 2.

The battery speed and cd rates are good to have for takedown, hacking is useful but DAMN expensive, I recommend getting strength/jumping/wall smash quickly as well because they open up almost all of the side routes in the game.

Ok good thanks. I don't care that much about Typhoon but hey, I don't like to see stuff disabled lol.

i had this. it disappeared once i talked to a named person. I talked to the gun dealer in the apartment place.

Yeah I talked to Koller again to go through a whole other speech tree and it went away after that.

Jeffrey

The thing I love is that the status of the world is pretty static. The dudes i knocked out at my apartment at the beginning of the game stay knocked out.

Sure does making navigating
Rainy Prague easier once you cleared out some cops.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
For another side mission:

When looking through Daria's apartment in SM11, what are you supposed to see in the telescope

Your apartment so shes been obviously "stalking" the MC

Within the game normally is there any way to check playtime?

Had finished the game (fuck unskippable credits) and was curious on my overall playtime but did not see an option to look that up.

PS4 version btw as with steam can just see the usual playtime info thing

Rektash

The thing I love is that the status of the world is pretty static. The dudes i knocked out at my apartment at the beginning of the game stay knocked out.

Sure does making navigating
Rainy Prague easier once you cleared out some cops.

Hmm, I thought this was one of the more immersion breaking parts of the game. Enemies are like freaking snowhite, just laying around there forever, sleeping, waiting for a prince to come by and wake them with a kiss.

sleeping-snow-whitepqsts.jpg

mrmyhthef

Is there anyone else besides the fellow in Jensen's apartment building selling Praxis kits? I'm sitting on 80k and I'm in serious need of something to spend it on.

shiba5

I don't get what they're doing with Adam's character. He COULD be interesting. His apartment in both games does a lot to humanize him, but none of that ever actually translates to how he interacts with people. Even in Human Revolution, when he finds out he was born in a lab and his parents were killed in an "accident," he strains as hard as he can not to show emotion. It's like he's on the brink of being a deconstruction of "grizzled white guy" but instead firmly adheres to it.

Hey, we found out he was captain of his high school debate club! (As long as you did a certain side quest.)

d00d3n

Wow, exploring the city takes a long time. My steam playtime is 44 hours, despite not dealing with the main quest at all after getting my augs back. I think I have explored everything that is possible at this point, though. I hope that some new stores open up soon, because I am RICH! (62000 credits after buying the two praxis kits)

Ruff

I went back to an earlier save to try out the other
Church of the MachineGod
mission

Lol, right from the start before you even enter, all you need to do is stack a bunch of bins on top of each other and jump to her window skipping the entire thing. I love this game XD

I went back to an earlier save to try out the other
Church of the MachineGod
mission

Lol, right from the start before you even enter, all you need to do is stack a bunch of bins on top of each other and jump to her window skipping the entire thing. I love this game XD

There is an amazing skip for ritzika station or whatever it's called if you have the dash.

You can literally finish the mission in less than a minute.

Jeffrey

Hmm, I thought this was one of the more immersion breaking parts of the game. Enemies are like freaking snowhite, just laying around there forever, sleeping, waiting for a prince to come by and wake them with a kiss.

sleeping-snow-whitepqsts.jpg

You can't even wake them lol.

So how many missions are total? I'm about to head to
London.

Wonder if I can finish the game tomorrow.

I'm around 15 hours into Mankind Divided. So far, I have two big problems with Mankind Divided.

1. In comparison to the first game, the new cast is dull as dirt. The personality just isn't there. The majority of the new faces are gruff military badasses that look like they'd be right at home in a Call of Duty game. Worse that that though is Jensen himself, who feels like he is sleepwalking through the game. In the first game he had a lot of personal stakes in the plot. Here Jensen often seems just short of shrugging at the madness around him.

2. There aren't that many new augments, and if you're gonna do a stealth playthrough, then most of them are going to be useless to you. Outside of awkwardly tackling race issues, the game is pretty safe to be honest. It feels like a game that should be out 2 years after Human Revolution.

Did you kill or make
Gallois
leave in (aforementioned location)
Golem City
?

Nope. I'm doing a pacifist run. I didn't get contacted, or have a mission or anything show up.

I did knock him out, but that was only after almost getting to
Rucker
. (Made it to his elevator) Backtracked to sell stuff and figured I'd knock
Gallois
out and sell his stuff to
Entity
. By that point, I was pretty sure I wasn't getting the mission anyway. Still super annoying.

DeaDPo0L84

Sorry if this has been mentioned but I think my game on PS4 is screwed. Everytime I go to board the chopper to go to Golem city my game crashes. I just tried 3 times in a row and all did the same thing...

Finished the game on PS4 after having performance issues on PC version. Managed to get a refund on stem even after playing it for 6 hours.
Took me about 25 hours and I sort of rushed through the final missions. Looking forward to NG+, killing everything and everyone mercilessly.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Sorry if this has been mentioned but I think my game on PS4 is screwed. Everytime I go to board the chopper to go to Golem city my game crashes. I just tried 3 times in a row and all did the same thing...
Have not had issue like that so far, but in DXHR I had to replay the entire Montreal section over due to Malik never leaving the damn helipad. Out of habit, I alternative between two hard saves, and then leave one as fallback each time I'm done playing. The biggest issue I've had so far is sometimes the train loading screens never actually load the next area. You just get the cut scene endlessly while nothing happens.

Glitches aside, I am very near to end. I am loving the extent to which the game rewards you for creeping around. Heavy spoilers:
Once I got to London, I just started poking around like usual, gathering items and getting XP for hacking into the computers. It was awesome to see that a major plot point was discovered by poking around, rather than walking into whatever ambush would have been planned otherwise.

The game is also doing an excellent job with having some side missions cross each other. I got two trophies at once after finishing "K for Kazdy" because another NPC I had come across earlier was there. Damn this game is good.

Jeffrey

Something refreshing is that
when you encounter the gang bosses planning about London. I expected them to escape in a cutscene or boss fight. Nope I just cqc both of them like any other NPC.

Weirdly refreshing in a video game.

Top Bottom