• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

I spent close to 2hrs inside Palisade Bank. The amount of ways of getting in and out rooms is crazy. I lost count in the amount of elevator passes I found, it's not like you need it anyway. But I don't have access to the vault yet, which requires some other pass which I haven't found yet.

I spent close to 2hrs inside Palisade Bank. The ammount of ways of getting in and out rooms is crazy. I lost count in the ammount of elevator passes I found, it's not like you need it anyway. But I don't have access to the vault yet, which requires some other pass which I haven't found yet.

I really need to strip that place clean still.

Dyna

I'm now about 20 hours into the game and have yet to board the chopper to Golem City. I've been exploring a ton and trying to find every side mission and point of interest there is before I move on. Really having a blast with the game, the side missions have been quite interesting so far, the main missions have been a bit dull story-wise imo. I like how they have updated some general gameplay elements since Human Revolution like jumping and overall movement, feels smoother. Does anyone know where I can buy/find a tranquilizer rifle in Prague? I haven't come across a vendor that sells one and I'm in desperate need of one as I'm doing a stealth playthrough (I chose the stun gun in the beginning). By the way, if I move on to Golem City can I freely return to Prague or do I have to stay in Golem City until I progress in the story? Haven't been this excited about a video game for a while, it's hard to put the game down, I just want to keep exploring for hours and hours lol.

Ruff

Just beat the game. Who are people thinking
Janus
is? Seems to be
like he could be AI of some sort
although I haven't played the original if they are supposed to be a prominant future character in the timeline.

Also, last boss was pretty shit. All i did was EMP nade, run up and knock them out. Wish there were actual bosses in the game like the first one (just done better)

valkyre

Can someone explain to me how energy depletion works? Because I dont get it for the life of me.

HR was simple. You have for ex. 4 energy bars, and if you stop using a power before each bar depletes completely, said bar recharges fully.

Now in MD, I just dont get it. I dont know how much my energy will recharge, I have upgraded everything and I still fucking hate it that I have to use a shitload of energy refills to get by.

Evo X

Without posting any spoilers, can someone tell me when it is safe to play the Jensen's Story: Desperate Measures pre-order DLC?

When I click on it, it says it has spoilers for the main campaign.

Ruff

Can someone explain to me how energy depletion works? Because I dont get it for the life of me.

HR was simple. You have for ex. 4 energy bars, and if you stop using a power before each bar depletes completely, said bar recharges fully.

Now in MD, I just dont get it. I dont know how much my energy will recharge, I have upgraded everything and I still fucking hate it that I have to use a shitload of energy refills to get by.

Ok so theres multiple factors.
The thick part of the energy bar is your default standard capacity, it will always be able to recharge that part.
after that, theres a thinner line, and the | on it is your "maximum" where your energy will recharge to, everytime you use an Aug, the | will move further down the line dependent on the energy consumption of said aug, sort of like wearing a battery down until it reaches the thicker part and can go no lower
the - - - is the area you can upgrade more energy bar through upgrades.

Using a Biocell will restore a portion of your energy and also increase the maximum line as it gets lower from aug use.

I am enjoying the story. It feels grounded and part of the world, rather than a bolted on tale of superhero destiny etc. Which DE has never been, of course, I just like this game's approach.

valkyre

Ok so theres multiple factors.
The thick part of the energy bar is your default standard capacity, it will always be able to recharge that part.
after that, theres a thinner line, and the | on it is your "maximum" where your energy will recharge to, everytime you use an Aug, the | will move further down the line dependent on the energy consumption of said aug, sort of like wearing a battery down until it reaches the thicker part and can go no lower
the - - - is the area you can upgrade more energy bar through upgrades.

Τhanks for this... really explains everything perfectly now. Still I have to say I prefer HR representation much much more than this...

Much obliged!

nOoblet16

Τhanks for this... really explains everything perfectly now. Still I have to say I prefer HR representation much much more than this...

Much obliged!

You prefer HR's implementation where the extra cells never recharged and you needed an item that was rare to charge them? Atleast here the extra cells recharge over time to a certain extent and biocells are a plenty with crafting and exploration.

Nemesis_

I really want to know when they will give the only female member of the Council of Five her time to shine. I felt like it was building up to it here but it never did.

Anyway, just finished. Really loved it. Really annoyed I missed out on FOXIEST OF HOUNDS even though I swear I never triggered an alarm. :|

Window

You prefer HR's implementation where the extra cells never recharged and you needed an item that was rare to charge them? Atleast here the extra cells recharge over time to a certain extent and biocells are a plenty with crafting and exploration.

Yeah I think MD's system is a lot more generous (and better for it) in encouraging the player to use their abilities more frequently and for longer periods.

It could have been better explained though as in the previous game the upgrades to reduce usage costs was in relation to the consumption rate rather than the fixed cost per use as introduced here.

Akai__

Anyway, just finished. Really loved it. Really annoyed I missed out on FOXIEST OF HOUNDS even though I swear I never triggered an alarm. :|

Yeah, same here. I always reloaded when I triggered one, people went hostile or I failed at hacking. TrueAchievements and other sites have some theories as to why it glitches out on you, but nothing is really confirmed.

Sort of stuck on a side mission early in the game.

Neon Nights:

Stuck in 'The door of perception'
I'm in the apartment with the swan, searched everywhere including the computer, but the search area on the map ( the round circle indicating there's something in that area) is still there. I can't find anything.

Nvm. YouTube helped me ;).

Piku_Ringo

Banned
I really want to know when they will give the only female member of the Council of Five her time to shine. I felt like it was building up to it here but it never did.

Gotta read the novel

nOoblet16

People who find Illuminati's involvement silly, I'm gonna ask you...why are you playing a Deus Ex game and surprised/disappointed to find Illuminati and conspiracy theories in it?

If anything MD has far less of it than either of the previous games since it focuses on its own story. I also think people went into this game with their pre-conceived notion about what it is doing with its segregation rather than giving it a chance and looking at it objectively. I also find it funny when people disregard anything they don't like as "poor writing" like those emails...you don't quite expect emails to be written like a novel now do you? They provide so much exposition to the world that you are doing yourself a disservice by not reading them...even if they have poor writing by your standards.

By video game standards this is good writing, you want to know what actual bad and inconsistent writing is? Play a David Cage game or the new Tomb Raider games.

sirap

Same thing here. I triggered no alarms and snuck my way through the entire game. 0 kills, 0 hostile alerts and not even one "suspicious" trigger.

I'm killing everyone and everything in my next play-through.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I really hate that you have to use the metro(and thus, loading screen) everytime you go between North & South Prague. South Prague is so small they could have easily put that with North. Console limitation again?

Also, I'm a bit disappointed that it's the only hub... it feels(keyword here, i know there's a lot more buildings to investigate) barely bigger than the ones in HR, and that game at least had two of them.

I feel like they scaled back on the cinematic feel of HR in favour of a more subtle storytelling style (seems like there's a little less cutscenes this time around as well). It's a presentation choice that I like since classic Deus Ex didn't rely on loads of cutscenes to tell its storyline. The storyline just feels more organic this time, listening in to incidental dialogue tells you a lot about the world and upcoming story beats as does the emails. The side quests are the big surprise though, since they're all so damn good and interesting, doing them all.

RuhRo

Now that the dust is settling after release - do people feel this is closer to the design ambitions of the original game? I'm heartened by the comments that Prague is more akin to the non-linear sandboxes of the original. I saw the emphasis on linear missions over hubs as the cardinal sin of Human Revolution.

UMGAWA

Sort of stuck on a side mission early in the game.

Neon Nights:

Stuck in 'The door of perception'
I'm in the apartment with the swan, searched everywhere including the computer, but the search area on the map ( the round circle indicating there's something in that area) is still there. I can't find anything.

Theres a
spray bottle
that you should investigate.

Ha, just saw your edit.

nOoblet16

Now that the dust is settling after release - do people feel this is closer to the design ambitions of the original game? I'm heartened by the comments that Prague is more akin to the non-linear sandboxes of the original. I saw the emphasis on linear missions over hubs as the cardinal sin of Human Revolution.
Yes imo this game is the closest thing to Deus Ex 1 that's out there.

valkyre

Energy refill resources are of course more common in MD.

But they werent as scarce as you make them out to be in HR as well.

Also I was talking about the representation method, the HUD side of things.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So is there anywhere to check your statistics in-game? I'm playing non-lethal and now after returning from ( early location )
Golem City
there's this Picus newspaper that says cops were murdered during the mission
to get the evidence from Ruzicka Station
and referring to me as 'killer', even though I play fully non-lethally and was not seen during the mission. Is this just in-game Picus 'propaganda' or did the game fuck up?

WITHE1982

How did you guys open this cabinet/vault in Golem City? It's the one in the narrow hallway with all the yellow penguin lights.

t4yoVcj

A7Uz4W6

You have to carry
the penguin king (found in an apartment right at the start of Golum City) all the way to there and pop him in the box next to the panel. The safe will then open and you get a praxis kit
and a trophy for your trouble.

Here's a quick guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjs7kA0hnLA

Tizoc

I'd like some help with a side mission in Mission 14
I'm freeing the Samizdat duo from prison, how do I go about getting them to the rendevouz point? What's the best stealthy approach?

Akai__

I'm freeing the Samizdat duo from prison, how do I go about getting them to the rendevouz point? What's the best stealthy approach?

I let them wear police outfits, while I used stealth to follow them and get to the rendevouz point.

nOoblet16

Tell them to wear the police outfit, it's easy..all you have to do is follow them while being out of the enemy's vision cone. They can get past the police without getting shot

You can pretty much cloak-crawl all the way there. You probably have like 40 biocells, anyway.

Yeah, same here. I always reloaded when I triggered one, people went hostile or I failed at hacking. TrueAchievements and other sites have some theories as to why it glitches out on you, but nothing is really confirmed.

Same thing here. I triggered no alarms and snuck my way through the entire game. 0 kills, 0 hostile alerts and not even one "suspicious" trigger.

I'm killing everyone and everything in my next play-through.
You also cannot be seen by the end boss to get Foxiest. I don't know if any of you three did or not, but it's worth repeating.

Akai__

You also cannot be seen by the end boss to get Foxiest. I don't know if any of you three did or not, but it's worth repeating.

Unless there is a third entrance, where it doesn't even trigger the cutscene with him, I did. Went to the 1st floor, disabled all of the Security, tased and punched him. All of that without anything going hostile. Of course he is still doing his random shooting and searching, though.

max_505

You have to carry
the penguin king (found in an apartment right at the start of Golum City) all the way to there and pop him in the box next to the panel. The safe will then open and you get a praxis kit
and a trophy for your trouble.

Here's a quick guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjs7kA0hnLA

There's a Penguin light similar to those you have to find in the first section of Golem and bring all the way there.

Missed that. I'll do it on New Game+. Thanks for the info!

sirap

I assume the cutscene that triggers when you first enter doesn't count? I took him down by turning invisible and sniping him with tranqs from the top floor.

Will reload that save and try another way.

Paganmoon

Trying to register the game on SE's page, I enter the code found in the case, it gets recognized as "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)", but when clicking register product, it just clears the page, no error message, and it's not been added to my account.

Tried with Edge, IE11 and Chrome.

Akai__

I wished you could rename your savefiles and have way more than 11 on consoles. They also do a bad job of telling you where you are in the game. Location and Difficulty is not enough information. Tell me what the last Main Mission was.

Also, Breach Mode is nothing for me. Feels like a pointless filler they put into the game. Would be much better, if it wasn't for these terrible colors. Guess, I'll not play it anytime soon. Probably after several other playthroughs.

Edit: It wants me to delete 4 (!!!) savefiles for Desperate Measures? Really?

This game is the closest they have ever come to the original Deus Ex.

televator

So much unnecessary shit on the HUD, I've taken off pretty much everything except for the radar

Same problem with HR. The good thing is that you can now tweak the hud to your liking this time around. That's a major plus compared to having the life meter burned into my plasma for a month after playing HR...

Jeffrey

So if
london
is the final mission, the game seems to be hinting at a
boss fight.

Can someone spoil me if I need to bring some big guns, or does nonlethal stuff work fine?

w0s

So if
london
boss fight.

Can someone spoil me if I need to bring some big guns, or does nonlethal stuff work fine?

I honestly shocked him once with a tesla then just did an up close kill. It took one shot. I almost wonder if I could have just knocked him out at that point

So if
london
boss fight.

There are several legitimately different ways you can tackle it.

If you have certain story items found in that level on you, you will end the fight in the cutscene

Top Bottom