• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

I've genuinely wondered this since the leaks started. It would be a very Capcom move to put a director famous for one series onto another (since that's actually how Itsuno got the DMC gig in the first place).

The rumor mentions Combofiend as the battle director though so I think (hope) that my worries might've been unfunded. Since I'm the one who brought it up, I gotta say that I won't actually mind seeing Itsuno do another fighting game after DMC5.

He is a brilliant director that I don't want to be tied to one IP if he himself wants to do other stuff (which he clearly do). So if he manages to do what he did with Dragon's Dogma and find another good director to do DMC6 and future DMCs, then I'll be more than happy to see him work on other games.

I just want him to come back for DMC5 and give us one more amazing DMC game before he parts ways with the series. And hopefully he will.

Guys... what if MvC4 IS Itsuno's new project and there is no DMC5?!!!!

Why you gotta ask these kinds of questions man ;_;

Honestly though, DMC4SE doesn't happen with all those extras unless DMC5 was being made immediately after. There's no other reason to update a 7 year old game.

Honestly though, DMC4SE doesn't happen with all those extras unless DMC5 was being made immediately after. There's no other reason to update a 7 year old game.
I feel same way, also Capcom doesn't really have any other relevant successful franchises left that stand out like DMC does. Besides megaman....

Dahbomb

I need an avatar favor (this is for a bet).

I need someone to make me an avatar of half naked Dante with the wording:

"The longer the better" in red on it.

You can also use Dante with rose in his mouth if there's no half naked Dante.

Lol what's the bet? Dante in the MvC4 reveal?

paolo11

The rumor mentions Combofiend as the battle director though so I think (hope) that my worries might've been unfunded. Since I'm the one who brought it up, I gotta say that I won't actually mind seeing Itsuno do another fighting game after DMC5.

He is a brilliant director that I don't want to be tied to one IP if he himself wants to do other stuff (which he clearly do). So if he manages to do what he did with Dragon's Dogma and find another good director to do DMC6 and future DMCs, then I'll be more than happy to see him work on other games.

I just want him to come back for DMC5 and give us one more amazing DMC game before he parts ways with the series. And hopefully he will.

He will. I believe Capcom is aware about DMC demand.

Heck, if MvC4 is happening, what more DMC 5?

Sorry man, it just accord to me so I had to share my worries here with my fellow DMC brethren. It was the pessimistic side of me getting loose for a second so just ignore it :)

I'm pretty mediocre with Photoshop but I'll give it a try. Which Dante though? DMC3 or DmC? They were both half naked.

He will. I believe Capcom is aware about DMC demand.

Heck, if MvC4 is happening, what more DMC 5?
They should be aware but this is Capcom we are talking about so we should keep our expectations in check.

Yeah, pretty much this. It's a nice cheap way to basically subsidize the development cost of new characters/mechanics for DMC5, get broad feedback on them, and reignite interest in the original series.

Sesha

Capcom has pretty much announced or released remasters before announcing any new major title. It even applies to smaller titles.

- RE HD and RE 0 HD before RE2 Remake
- RE456 for PS4/X1 before RE7
- USF4 before SFV
- Dead Rising 1, 2 & Off the Record before DR4
- Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi before Sanada Yukimura-den
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate before Monster Hunter Generations
- Rumor: UMvC3 to get an update before MvC4

It's only reasonable to assume the same will hold true for DMC. Although the wait from DmC DE and DMC4SE to DMC5 has been the longest so far.

Dahbomb

Capcom has pretty much announced or released remasters before announcing any new major title. It even applies to smaller titles.

- RE HD and RE 0 HD before RE2 Remake
- RE456 for PS4/X1 before RE7
- USF4 before SFV
- Dead Rising 1, 2 & Off the Record before DR4
- Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi before Sanada Yukimura-den
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate before Monster Hunter Generations
- Rumor: UMvC3 to get an update before MvC4

It's only reasonable to assume the same will hold true for DMC. Although the wait from DmC DE and DMC4SE to DMC5 has been the longest so far.
Darkstalkers HD....

Ayy lmao!

And OG Dante. DMC3 Dante is fine.

And OG Dante. DMC3 Dante is fine.
Some poor attempts.

L8DNbXt.png
hLA1xD2.png
wHsRezE.png
X0Rt7Zj.png
ce5gteu.png
Z16xMfj.png

Seyavesh

curious to see what's next. guess i gotta get my stick modded for ps4, too.

modding MT framework values is kind of a pain in the ass though, so modded balance patch could be a pain in the ass

also glad to see all that shit i heard was true, which probably means the patch+features that most likely didn't get implemented were also real but not put in

Capcom pretty much announced a sequel to most of their popular franchises. This is kinda the main one left to be honest.

forget capcom, the year of dreams have passed (last guardian, ff7, shenmue), two mahvel games, and freaking TLoU2 before DMC5...

Something tells me they will reveal DMC5 and DMC characters for infinite together....whenever that is

forget capcom, the year of dreams have passed (last guardian, ff7, shenmue), two mahvel games, and freaking TLoU2 before DMC5...

Something tells me they will reveal DMC5 and DMC characters for infinite together....whenever that is

I mean we even got 2 freaking Yakuza game announcements at the same time
(I've said this a number of times already but I still can't believe it. I fucking love you Gio)
but still no DMC5 news.

That was the definition of impossible and yet it still happened before DMC5...

It depends on if they used DMC3/4 Dante or DMC5. Plus, I don't think they would give away all his new weapons/moves in a reveal for MvC.

E3 2017 guaranteed though I ain't even worried.

It depends on if they used DMC3/4 Dante or DMC5. Plus, I don't think they would give away all his new weapons/moves in a reveal for MvC.

E3 2017 guaranteed though I ain't even worried.

I can swear we said the same thing about E3 2016 after the game missed the 2015 events. And then we said it about TGS... and now we are back again to E3...

Is this really happening or are we just kidding ourselves? I mean seriously. Forget about the "teases" that we've had from VAs, has Capcom even done anything since 4SE's release to warrant such expectations from us? I feel like we are too sure about DMC5 even being a real thing.

Dahbomb

Nah I never was really serious about PSX. It was always a very long shot. Only real hint we had was the VA random bad joke.

E3 2017 makes the most sense. It always did to be honest. At least by that time they will have a very solid product to showcase.

I can swear we said the same thing about E3 2016 after the game missed the 2015 events. And then we said it about TGS... and now we are back again to E3...

Is this really happening or are we just kidding ourselves? I mean seriously. Forget about the "teases" that we've had from VAs, has Capcom even done anything since 4SE's release to warrant such expectations from us? I feel like we are too sure about DMC5 even being a real thing.

-Itsuno working on a game
-4SE with three new characters, Japanese voice acting for the first time, new Lady actress

The game not being announced just means they're taking their time. Nobody wants a DMC4 situation again lol. The main thing that makes me paranoid is that I want them to announce it before 10 years have passed since DMC4. Not that it means DMC is dead, but a decade since the last entry just sounds so bad.

Dahbomb

Yeah and just a couple of days people were worried that maybe Itsuno is working on MvC.

That's all buried now, he's only working on one thing and that's DMC5.

Just need to have patience and faith.

I swear to God if this game misses next E3 and you guys keep on saying the same thing... I'll... well... there is really nothing that I can do but I'll know that I'll fucking lose it.
(provided that I haven't been enrolled by that time)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Based on Capcom's announcement history, they've gotten a lot better at staying mum until about a year before release.

I never ever relied upon VA "teases," and frankly getting worked up over rumors will really only get people frustrated. Twitter ain't a source. For me, it was mostly a combination of Itsuno working on a new project, the climate related to DMC4SE, and the various Verendus posts...

I'm not worried.

Top Bottom