• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

Sesha

Sesha

Flemia has made some mods that include character switching, and a batch moveset mod that puts Vergil more in line with this DMC3 incarnation. Has anyone tried this and managed to get the character switching working? The readme is in Engrish and I haven o clue how to get started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6RGSbsvwM

First time hearing about this mod. The instructions are simple. Just overwrite the default DMC4SE .exe file before launching. Keep in mind to make a copy of the original .exe. Otherwise you can launch as is. Just like the previous trainers there are no tinkering required before launching. That's basically all the readme says.

I haven't fired it up. Probably won't right now. But let me know if there's more Japanese text that needs translating.

So, two full fledged MvC games before a new DMC? Man, we live in a strange world.

best-fresh-prince-quotes10.png

Capcom never loved this franchise

Seyavesh

i have a bet with someone about the marvel 4 thing 'cuz he was saying the same shit back in august. i don't believe it personally but he's got vague connections and all that so eh

as for the char switching trainer, i posted about it when it came out. it's based off of crazymelody's super trainer char switcher/doppelganger deal and to use it you need to set hotkeys for it on the KB alongside pressing backslash at the start of a mission (this resets the mission back to the mission screen) to enable it

Dahbomb

i have a bet with someone about the marvel 4 thing 'cuz he was saying the same shit back in august. i don't believe it personally but he's got vague connections and all that so eh

as for the char switching trainer, i posted about it when it came out. it's based off of crazymelody's super trainer char switcher/doppelganger deal and to use it you need to set hotkeys for it on the KB alongside pressing backslash at the start of a mission (this resets the mission back to the mission screen) to enable it
What's the bet?

Seyavesh

What's the bet?

if marvel 4 is revealed at capcom cup then i owe him sushi dinner and vice versa
it's just bizarre to me that he was pretty adamant about it so long ago since he's not the type for that kinda shit normally but i guess raw fish is pretty enticing

Dahbomb

if marvel 4 is revealed at capcom cup then i owe him sushi dinner and vice versa
it's just bizarre to me that he was pretty adamant about it so long ago since he's not the type for that kinda shit normally but i guess raw fish is pretty enticing
Pretty mild bet lol.

It just deleted my data for seemingly no reason.Think I'll stick to avoiding mobile games.
Ah, that sucks man :(
-http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=225475636

One exchange I peeped with interest in the rumor thread~
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Though, isn't he referring to the same source that made ViewtifulJC become super confident about DMC5 at last E3 which had us all excited just to be disappointed later on? If so, then I don't know if I would trust that "source" anymore.

Yep, people on that MvC4 thread are officially a lost cause (myself included). All we can do now is pray that it actually happens. And here I was saying that I won't get myself excited for another Capcom fighter...

Seyavesh

Pretty mild bet lol.

i'm not really the betting type as i am pretty awful with them overall
dude is still pretty adamant about it, so i guess it's probably real and i'm gonna have to spend 50+ bucks on sushi

in addition to that, on a more sketch level within the same month i was told that something marvel-related was 100% in the works by multiple folks who are also vaguely connected at a tourney but that's effectively rumor-mongering since i don't know them as well as the guy i made the bet with (who definitely wouldn't make the bet otherwise)

if nothing happens at the very least i'mma eat good

Oh my God, that DMC part hahahaha.
Whelp, 2016 has been a bit of a sh*tshow, but I think there’ll be a couple of pleasant surprises at PSX to help end the year on a positive. Here are my predictions:

World Governments are on high alert. The previous PSX showcases in 2014 and 2015 caused the net population of the world to halve, with ‘PlayStation Hype’ accounting for more deaths than Spanish Flu, both World Wars and pre-strap Wii-motes combined.

NATO, the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China have all scrambled jets. The WHO has stockpiled anti-hype syringes, and America is frantically building a wall encasing Anaheim to prevent any hype from illegally entering the rest of the country.

The lights dim in the theatre and humanity once more plunges itself onto the brink of hype-induced cataclysm.

• Shawn Layden walks onto the stage wearing a Jet Motto shirt, the absolute madman. An audience member’s face melts like he’s just seen the arc of the covenant. Some people just can’t handle hype.
  • “Welcome PlayStation Nation!” Shawn beams to rapturous applause. We’ve a lot of great announcements lined up for you, so let’s get this party started.
  • The SCEA logo appears on screen, before cutting to a photo-realistic establishing shot of Prague. The detail as the camera pans down busy city streets is phenomenal. There is some radio chatter as a woman and a gruff man banter, she laying into him about being too old to be back out in the field, he joking that he’s been doing this since before she was born. The camera focuses in on a van. “Okay, target in sight” says the woman as the van’s rear doors open and a man emerges. “Are you sure you’re ready for this Gabe?” she asks as Logan turns to face the camera. “Let’s find out Lian” he says, cocking his gun as the Syphon Filter logo appears on screen.
  • The audience screams in disbelief, but there’s no time to dwell on this amazing reveal; the Naughty Dog logo appears on screen. Footage shows Chloe being sent back in time by a mystical artefact, and teaming up with swarthy young Victor ‘Godamn’ Sullivan to find a path back to the present. It’s the greatest ever combination of videogame characters, and the four solid minutes of quality arse jokes has the audience experiencing nirvana.
  • Todd Howard takes the stage. Armed Bethesda goons file down the aisles, blindfolding everyone from an accredited media source. “The public gets to experience this trailer first!” he declares menacingly. Dramatic orchestral music accompanies a sweeping montage of stunning landscapes. A voiceover mentions ‘prophecy’, ‘unfinished business’ and ‘coming home’. The landscape shows giant tree-sized mushrooms, as a character—jankily animated—walks to a precipice and surveys all before him. Oh sh*t, it’s the Nerevarine! We’re going back to Morrowind! A lady wearing a shirt that reads ‘My other car is a Silt Strider’ grabs at her heart as her pupils widen to the size of saucepans. Her mind breaks free of the shackles of linear space and time. She is everywhere and nowhere; she is simultaneously on Mars building a castle of sand and in the Anaheim Convention Centre foaming at the mouth and voiding her bowels.
  • The theatre is filled with the deafening roar of a harrier jump jet. Is a new COD about to be announced? Will we finally see Ace Combat footage? Is NATO putting a stop to the conference? No, someone has powered on a PS4 Pro as Cerny takes the stage. Yelling over the PS4 Pro’s fans Cerny talks about the power of the Scorpio, about how it leaves the Pro in the dust. The audience shifts in their seats nervously, this unexpected mea culpa catching them off guard. Cerny apologises for failing PlayStation gamers, and bows as he declares “we’re so sorry”. A second passes that feels like a lifetime, before Cerny raises his eyes and flashes his Grinch’s grin. “….or are we?” A giant switch emerges from the stage which Cerny enthusiastically pulls, sending lightning bolts flying out of the theatre and across the globe. “All PS4 Pros have now had their true power unlocked. 120 FPS, 8k resolution, 6.0GHz, 95 terabyte SSD Hardrive, and a whisper quiet fan!” A man watching the stream at home has expelled so much energy through hype that he needs to fry up some eggs to replenish enough calories to watch the rest of the stream. He plates up the eggs and reaches for the salt, but the shaker is empty. The salt is gone, as all of the world’s salt is now in Redmond Washington.
  • Back at the theatre ‘Secret Agent man’ plays over the PA as Phil Harrison emerges from behind the curtain. He’s replacing Adam Boyes as head of Publisher and Developer Relations, and has a special treat for PlayStation fans. A trailer begins to play of a sun-drenched neon city. The music, the clothes, the style; they’re all more out of date than Nintendo Switch 3rd party support. A cigar boat races into view being driven by Tommy Vercetti. Holy Hell, it’s GTA Vice City 2! Exclusive to PS4 and available for download right now!
  • Phil shows off footage of Mass Effect Andromeder, Destiny 2, For Honour and Red Dead Redemption, all of which are now PS4 exclusive, and all available for download RIGHT NOW!
  • The stage begins to shake violently from hype tremors. Engineers attempt to download a stability update, but using the PSN it has an ETA of 17 hours. The show presses on without it.
  • A circle of flames appears on stage, slowly widening to reveal a portal to another dimension. A cloak-wrapped being steps through the portal onto the stage. Stunned silence grips the theatre before the figure throws off their cloak and greets the audience; Oh snap; it’s Shuhei time. Yoshida starts off proceedings with blistering footage of a new Wipeout game, so fast that only players with precognition will be able to master cornering. Every single audience member gasps in unison, filling their lungs and completely emptying the room of breathable air. As they exhale and release a mass of carbon dioxide, oxygen masks descend from the ceiling and the theatre’s pilot turns on the seatbelt sign. Strap yourselves in folks; sh*t just got real.
  • Shuhei mentions a game very close to his heart, with the Last Guardian’s symbol displaying on screen. The audience is hyperventilating at the prospect of another delay. “I understand your frustration with the various delays to this game, but we had very good reasons. I can confirm that The Last Guardian will indeed release on Tuesday the 6th of December 2016” Shuhei declares proudly to the delight and screams of the crowd. “And I’m pleased to announce that the Last Guardian 2 will release one day later on Wednesday the 7th of December 2016”. Three people in the front row die instantly. Later autopsies will suggest that all three died of massive heroin overdoses, with investigators baffled by the complete lack of injection marks or any trace of heroin in the bloodstream.
  • Shuhei shows of new footage of Horizon, Days Gone, Detroit, GT Sport and God of War. Kevin Feige joins Shuhei to talk about the upcoming Spiderman movie. They show some impressive clips from the film tha-…….hang on…….no, they couldn’t have….oh my GLOB it’s in-game footage of Insomniac’s Spiderman game! Indistinguishable from actual film footage, the game is smooth as silk and a visual tour de force, and it’s available for download RIGHT NOW! The audience’s pants tingle with spidey senses, and large swaths of men and women prematurely fire off their web shooters so to speak.
  • A marching band plays Hail to the Chief as President-elect Donald Trump takes the stage. “I have a confession to make to you PlayStation Nation” he begins amid a hail of boos, “I have not been entirely honest with you”. He dramatically tears off his orange mask to reveal a grinning Kaz Hirai. The boos instantly transform into shrill screams of joy. “Let’s make gaming great again! Forget the Playstation Nation, it’s time for us to create Planet PlayStation!”
  • Around the world heads of state tear off their masks to reveal that they too are Kaz Hirai. The members of the audience follow suit, as do the viewers at home; we are all Kaz, and Kaz is us. There is no more division, no left or right, no gender, no sexuality, no race, no religion. There is no hatred; there is only love; only Kaz.
  • Kaz addresses the other Kazes present. “Before you leave to embark upon this glorious new world order, we have one last announcement to make!” Someone in the audience screams out "oh God, here it comes; Devil May Cry 5!!!" Kaz scoffs, tells them to stop being utterly ridiculous, before tearing off his mask to reveal he was Gaben all along! Half Life 3 is PS4 exclusive, VR compatible and available for download RIGHT NOW!
The first post on Neogaf after the show derails the thread by whining about the ludo-narrative-dissonance of having Logan bantering before undertaking a mission to kill people.

Seyavesh

go figure that my bets are always wrong, haha

anyway, i wonder if the other deets i heard were accurate or not then from those dudes back then with an actual unreleased marvel 3 patch and doc ock/some capcom char i don't remember

curious if those things will pop up in the remaster. if it's true and applied then there'll be some pretty significant shakeups as the top 3 + doom got kicked in the balls (zero not so much, but still significantly)

dante got st.l back supposedly lol

Dahbomb

anyway, i wonder if the other deets i heard were accurate or not then from those dudes back then with an actual unreleased marvel 3 patch and doc ock/some capcom char i don't remember

curious if those things will pop up in the remaster. if it's true and applied then there'll be some pretty significant shakeups as the top 3 + doom got kicked in the balls (zero not so much, but still significantly)

dante got st.l back supposedly lol
What? Spill these deets!!! Every buffs and nerfs!!!!

There's actual legit info that a Marvel 3 port is in the works. Don't know about a patch or not but at this point it seems anything is a go.

Seyavesh

the only ones i 100% remember are vergil spiral swords costing 2 bars (but formation changes costing 0), dante not having any obvious changes except st.L, morrigan FB chip and astral meter gain being drastically reduced (but not removed?), TAC infinite with rejumps fixed and zero not having lightning loops/dante-level scaling

also the hulk nerfs/pw nerf/chris flamethrower change that randomly happened with H&H were all supposed to be part of this patch but got thrown in there by accident

like i said, this is still rumor-mongering and potential bullshit so who knows but if they managed to guess both marvel 3/4 things out luckily then at the very minimum it's nice to maybe know that it existed at some point

Dahbomb

The first paragraph is lifted straight from the mythical patch LMAO! Right down to the Vergil change of SS costing 2 but formation change costing 0.

Seyavesh

The first paragraph is lifted straight from the mythical patch LMAO! Right down to the Vergil change of SS costing 2 but formation change costing 0.

it was playtested in private which is why that stuff is slightly widespread knowledge i guess

I still don't think they will rebalance the game when they have to work on MvC4. Probably will be like USF4 and be a straight up port.

yeah this is my bet too, but supposedly the work was already done ages ago and has just been sitting there so idk

and also all my bets are always wrong i guess. reverse stupidity has to be effective at some point

Dahbomb

If all they did in Marvel 3 balance wise was nerf Doom hard then that alone would cause a huge meta shift.

But enough Marvel talk...

Where the FUCK are the DMC5 rumors?

Seyavesh

oh that reminds me, missiles became like drones where if you hit doom they'd go away.
shrug, i still doubt it's existence or it's application but there's always that 'lil irrational bit that gets stoked by bizarre bullshit like this.

for dmc5 rumors there was a thing posted on the dmc reddit by a rando fgc euroguy talking about how he got shitfaced with some capcom europe dude and it came up that dmc5 was originally meant to be revealed at e3 this year but got postponed because sf5 bombed like fuck and capcom switched over to their new development cycle w/ more time inbetween games, with dmc5 being the first to move over on that

that definitely falls into the 'you have to be an insane idiot to believe this' category though

Dahbomb

oh that reminds me, missiles became like drones where if you hit doom they'd go away.
shrug, i still doubt it's existence or it's application but there's always that 'lil irrational bit that gets stoked by bizarre bullshit like this.

for dmc5 rumors there was a thing posted on the dmc reddit by a rando fgc euroguy talking about how he got shitfaced with some capcom europe dude and it came up that dmc5 was originally meant to be revealed at e3 this year but got postponed because sf5 bombed like fuck and capcom switched over to their new development cycle w/ more time inbetween games, with dmc5 being the first to move over on that

that definitely falls into the 'you have to be an insane idiot to believe this' category though
God damn SFV!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the mythical patch we didn't have Doom's Missiles going away like Drones. That was something that we discussed INCESSANTLY and we settled on a half way point where we stated that if Doom got hit, the missiles would lose their homing capabilities (so if the missiles were going up they would just keep going up if Doom was hit). A lot of people felt that the assist would be A LOT worse if it worked like Drones and that the assist should still be pretty good because it's a unique assist to the game and series.

God damn SFV!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lmao, SFV holding back DMC5 would make us all super salty... Well at least it will be the best DMC ever cooking in the oven. Though I feel like DMC5 revealing with Dead Rising 4 and RE7 would be Capcom blowing too much too early tbh. Makes sense to space those reveals out.

But what if Capcom had some extra DLC characters on the cutting room floor too? Gene dlc baby!

This week on China Don't Care: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIV4Pkg_TFY#t=43

Meet Twilight Spirits, a Chinese MMO with DMC-like combat and character moves lifted directly from DMC and Sengoku Basara. I made a topic aboot it because it was just too funny.

They straight up stole movesets lol. Dude had rainstorm, Lady's twosome time and the grenade throw.

As far as PSX goes, I give up when it comes to expecting DMC5 anytime before E3. Hopefully Capcom surprises us, but it's gonna be a min before we see that trailer.

I wonder what other Capcom games are in development that no one knows until some random thread on here with rumors pops up.

3BRhOqnFu.gif

Sesha

They straight up stole movesets lol. Dude had rainstorm, Lady's twosome time and the grenade throw.

As far as PSX goes, I give up when it comes to expecting DMC5 anytime before E3. Hopefully Capcom surprises us, but it's gonna be a min before we see that trailer.

They also cribbed a lot of Vergil's moves including summon swords, the Pandora gunship, Trish's spinning bird kick and the Aquila Buy-In from DmC. Not to mention a ton of moves from Sengoku Basara. It's really funny how much they stole, lol.

I wonder what other Capcom games are in development that no one knows until some random thread on here with rumors pops up.

DMC5 BAYBEE YEAH

I'm ever hoping for revivals of Dino Crisis, Breath of Fire, Rival Schools and more, but no chance of that.

Dahbomb

Say MVC4 were a real thing... I'd be concerned about DMC representation now that Neo_G is gone.

We miss you, Neo_G.
They are going to have probably Dante and Vergil in there because they were a huge hit in Marvel 3 and gained a lot of following. Plus the two are too iconic and Capcom is just going to get badgered over and over until they are both in the game. Vergil might come in later though just to get that fan money.

Beyond that it's tough to say, it depends on how large the roster is.

Say MVC4 were a real thing... I'd be concerned about DMC representation now that Neo_G is gone.

We miss you, Neo_G.
What Capcom franchises do we really have anymore? If DMC5 is coming up then you can guarantee at least 2-3 DMC characters... I wish we'd get Gene too, but I think his only chance was UMvC3...

We miss you, Neo_G.

I was hoping for Nero, but I guess it depends on the roster size and how big of a DMC fan the devs are. As Dah said, I think Dante is at least a given. Not sure about Vergil as well. They love getting extra money from fans for him.

Sesha

Dante is guaranteed, and the DMC team will likely insist on a second character, which would be any one of the four other playable characters. Because of Capcom's current business model, MvC4 would/will likely have a ton of DLC over the years, so there's hope for more down the line.

What Capcom franchises do we really have anymore? If DMC5 is coming up then you can guarantee at least 2-3 DMC characters... I wish we'd get Gene too, but I think his only chance was UMvC3...

Nah, I think there's still a chance. He was next up on the roster list for UMvC3, and like I wrote above, MvC4 is likely to get a ton of DLC.

As for active Capcom franchises, RE, SF, MonHun, DMC, DR, Ace Attorney, Sengoku Basara and (sigh) Breath of Fire have all had new iterations in the past 12 months.

Top Bottom