• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same situation as Legendaries, sure, but buffing Legendaries rather than nerfing them means it's "just" devaluing current ones; nerfing IAS means that all current ones will be stockpiled and essentially nothing will change until supply runs out (which it never will as those items, theoretically, never leave circulation).

I will make it my sole purpose to buy every classic super item and sell them to vendor.

Number45

So yellow repairs cost around 4k gold, they want to change it to 16k-24k so 4 deaths = around 100k Haha what a stupid Idea I'm not made of money
Each yellow repair is 9/10 deaths, so you can multiply the deaths by that amount. Still not looking forward to the hike though, I guess I'll look at farming late Hell acts.

LukeSmith

Being that I've been playing mostly with a regular foursome here on GAF, I kind of welcome the changes to mobs in group play. I could imagine this being an overnerf though, and the other Acts on Inferno feeling like the Babymode that is Act 1.

TommyT

it out of my current equipment :x I'd hate to be "one of the few" who can use the build I run simply by virtue of deciding to run it at launch week.

:lol your text says no... but I see what your greedy heart is saying deep down! ;D

scy

Each yellow repair is 9/10 deaths, so you can multiply the deaths by that amount. Still not looking forward to the hike though, I guess I'll look at farming late Hell acts.

My Gold Find DH runs Nightmare lol. And I die like once per run on Act 1 Inferno farms for my Wizard. I'm fine!

All this change really does is make it so I won't go back to 5 NV runs in Act 3 until my gear improves a bit. Which is as it should be, really. I shouldn't be considering an Act on farm status if I still die 10+ times per clear.

:lol your text says no... but I see what your greedy heart is saying deep down! ;D

It's saying that I want to get home from work and buy the ever loving shit out of a Flavor of Time and two good INT/VIT IAS% Rings right now haha.

linsivvi

Did you all people complaining about repair costs also miss the parts where in the same patch they would make inferno difficulty progression much smoother, and mobs don't get damage buff in group play?

Even if you have difficulty solo'ing inferno act 1 right now, you will be able to comfortably do so with a random group after the patch.

Xanathus

Regarding the IAS nerf, it sounded like if they went for the first solution which is to nerf the IAS value on items it would mean that items dropped pre-nerf would still retain the original IAS values which would make them insanely valuable. Do you guys think that existing items would also get their values changed?

Shouta

I read the notes and it sounds good to me. More reason to chase the carrot and easier to do so by a little. I dig the costs more to repair element too, now it'll hurt a lot more to Glass Cannon it up which should be amusing.

GJS

Why are they adjusting prices up to flawless square?, the only thing I have a problem with is everything AFTER that

The prices after flawless square are fine for a gem that is the top tier tbh, compared to the price from chipped gem to radiant star. I can't imagine they wanted everyone to have them soon and for cheap prices.

The combine costs were around 560mil alone from chipped gem to make the 729 flawless squares required to make a radiant star, the update brings that down to 2 million.

Cipherr

Regarding the IAS nerf, it sounded like if they went for the first solution which is to nerf the IAS value on items it would mean that items dropped pre-nerf would still retain the original IAS values which would make them insanely valuable. Do you guys think that existing items would also get their values changed?

I do, at least I hope they arent stupid enough to leave them in the market. Retroactively nerf them, they really need to be nerfed.

Kyoufu

I read the notes and it sounds good to me. More reason to chase the carrot and easier to do so by a little. I dig the costs more to repair element too, now it'll hurt a lot more to Glass Cannon it up which should be amusing.

Agreed, although I hope I'm loaded on gold by then because my armour is going to be a pain to repair in act 4 runs. :x

The crafting cost changes are fantastic too. I'll actually use the Jewelcrafter!

Cheeto

Agreed. I feel like I put myself at a disadvantage when I didn't make a DH or wizard glass cannon to farm with. Now you can still do those glass cannon builds with success, but you need to be more perfect in your execution or else the costs start outweighing the benefits.

zlatko

Banned
So nobody beat HC Inferno before the nerf...

v7kaN.jpg

You can still go beat it in Diablo 5 before they do anything to it.

scy

Nerf them. Nerf them into dust. I shouldn't be running a better Wizard build than others simply by virtue of deciding on it earlier than them.

I dig the costs more to repair element too, now it'll hurt a lot more to Glass Cannon it up which should be amusing.

Opiate's Shadow Power build to become flavor of the month confirmed?!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Does time pass in the AH while servers are down for maintenance? There were some auction windows I needed to check this morning.

Did you all people complaining about repair costs also miss the parts where in the same patch they would make inferno difficulty progression much smoother, and mobs don't get damage buff in group play?

Even if you have difficulty solo'ing inferno act 1 right now, you will be able to comfortably do so with a random group after the patch.

Not to mention that better gear will drop from earlier acts, so you don't have to farm the difficult stuff to get the items you want

scy

Does time pass in the AH while servers are down for maintenance? There were some auction windows I needed to check this morning.

They still tick away. If any finish during the downtime, sorry :(

On the other hand, it's a great way to snipe some items.

It seems like the change about not being able to skip entire acts in multiplayer was spefically designed to prevent people from skipping forward to the Act 3 Siegebreaker waypoint for chest farming.

Ketch

That box art is AMAZING.

Just read the design preview for 1.03, and I think it's great. Maybe you don't all agree with some of the changes but I love how they just straight up said in plain english everything they wanted to do and why the want to do it.

I like the increased drop rates, and I like the increased gold cost for repairs... I feel like those two changes in particular work well together and will hopefully change the overall game for the better.

I don't know how I feel about the damage normalization for coop games... normal, nightmare and hell are going to be face roll easy now... and I don't understand the price adjustments for gem crafting... are radiant squares the highest grade you can find in the wild?

Dahbomb

Love the sound of the guaranteed rare on elites with 5 stacks.
Yeah I know right? Elites normally end up being a bigger challenge than bosses anyway but their rewards didn't match up. Now there is more incentive to hunt down elites after getting those 5 stacks.

Count me in on the people who will try to beat og inferno before the nerf. Don't think I will but now I am motivated...

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah I know right? Elites normally end up being a bigger challenge than bosses anyway but their rewards didn't match up. Now there is more incentive to hunt down elites after getting those 5 stacks.

With the drop rate and NV changes it looks like it will make good sense to just group up and play an act from beginning to end. At the very least it won't be that counterproductive to do so. :)

Macmanus

Why are we using "infinite" as a barometer rather than "reasonable average encounter"? .

Because the claim was made that a barb could tank an infinite number of mobs. Then someone else said "Yes, but it would cost hundreds of millions of gold" to which someone else responded "No it wouldn't."

That's where we're at, and hence I appended an edit calling the argument stupid.

scy

So for you guys that can't get enough of spider women with tits and tons of sexual overtones... this is for you (well more for your GF)

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/accessories/ee44/?pfm=rightcolumn_NewStuffFTW_1

We're pretty sure that Cydaea, the demon Maiden of Lust, was the original goth gal. Black corset, bare neckline, skull leggings adorning her legs...all six of them. Okay, maybe goths today don't have six legs, but her outfit was just made for clubbing, or lounging in the dark.

And now you too can rock that look with these Diablo III Mistress of Pain socks. The skulls on your knees will certainly make others weak in theirs. And if a band of adventurers barges into your domain to rid the world of evil, no need for a costume change! You're already dressed for that party.

...I'm kind of sorry for whoever had to write that.

Ketch

They were already... now it's going to be laughable.

Well, there's still a little bit of time, hopefully... maybe... somehow they look at this again and implement their intent in a better way.

Edit: Or I guess the AH will be that much more unnecessary until inferno then. Which I'm perfectly OK with, lets bring those prices down people. (Also a reason to like the higher repair bills)

Hardcore is the only way left to play then.

Too bad I keep getting disconnected =(

I've got to say, the changes all seem reasonable and geared toward being able to enjoy the game as a normal human with a couple friends, and not as an auction bot.

Shouta

Why nerf Inferno? Such a dumb move.

They're not nerfing it, they're smoothing it out. Right now, the ranged classes are dominating because stupid design decisions that totally keep 2 or the 5 classes from doing nearly as well. They're fixing that so the transition isn't totally abrupt and making it so that the glass cannons have to pay more for the benefit of killing stuff faster. It's an indirect nerf to the folks that can't keep themselves alive and bringing up the classes that needed a little extra help.

UberTag

They still tick away. If any finish during the downtime, sorry :(
On the other hand, it's a great way to snipe some items.
Provided you know when the maintenance is happening ahead of time.
Otherwise, your only gambit in that space is sniping auctions in the first few minutes after the servers come back up.

Opiate

That box art is AMAZING.

Just read the design preview for 1.03, and I think it's great. Maybe you don't all agree with some of the changes but I love how they just straight up said in plain english everything they wanted to do and why the want to do it.

I like the increased drop rates, and I like the increased gold cost for repairs... I feel like those two changes in particular work well together and will hopefully change the overall game for the better.

I don't know how I feel about the damage normalization for coop games... normal, nightmare and hell are going to be face roll easy now... and I don't understand the price adjustments for gem crafting... are radiant squares the highest grade you can find in the wild?

Yes, radiant squares are the highest you get even in Act IV inferno. This change is supposed to help crafters be actually useful from 1-59; before now, there was effectively no reason whatsoever to level your jewelcrafter until you hit 60 and had plenty of resource on stuff to spend. It's a good change, but is probably not enough on its own to make JC worthwhile pre-60.

Ploid 3.0

Man the more I think about it the more Im convinced that ignore durability will be a stat people might enjoy seeing on a well itemized piece. You could probably have full red repair bills that top 20k fairly easily. If you are working on progression, IgnDur could potentially save you a lot of money.

[/url]

Going to start buying great items with ignore Durability stats. Mwahahaha, oh I was supposed to keep that to myself.

Petrie

Banned
Provided you know when the maintenance is happening ahead of time.
Otherwise, your only gambit in that space is sniping auctions in the first few minutes after the servers come back up.

Yeah, the AH should go on hold during maintenance. It's kinda bullshit.

I've got to say, the changes all seem reasonable and geared toward being able to enjoy the game as a normal human with a couple friends, and not as an auction bot.

But Inferno isn't meant for "normal people enjoying the game with a couple friends." It's meant for the hardcore, and that's why most will never see it.

Shouta

Yes, radiant squares are the highest you get even in Act IV inferno. This change is supposed to help crafters be actually useful from 1-59; before now, there was effectively no reason whatsoever to level your jewelcrafter until you hit 60 and had plenty of resource on stuff to spend. It's a good change, but is probably not enough on its own to make JC worthwhile pre-60.

I've only ever found Flawless Square in the wild, not Radiants.

Deadly

About the open-source authenticator WinAuth:

Does anyone else keep getting some problem concerning the root? I've had to restore twice already cause of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom