• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

desverger

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Coming along. I think I'm looking for belts and gloves from Kadala. Witching hour maybe. Magefist. All the usuals.

Reaper's Wraps are really good for a DH as well, keep pumping those CAs! It can optionally free you from using BV as well, depending on your taste.

For a good intermediate belt, Fleeting Strap (crafted) is nice as well, it has attack speed built in.

Your other stuff is nice, but for replacing legendaries, I'd probably look for a new quiver too. Yours has vit and no hatred regen. The companion damage boost is nice though, but you can get that on shoulders too if so desired.

Just my 2 cents!

Boogdud

around 1500 or so. most of the days worth of rift clears went into WD items today. i got 3 mempos and some grin reapers too, but, who would count those as good items?

So much bullshit. I've probably put 1500 into just the head slot and I've gotten three legendaries, two crowns and a mempo.

garath

Reaper's Wraps are really good for a DH as well, keep pumping those CAs! It can optionally free you from using BV as well, depending on your taste.

For a good intermediate belt, Fleeting Strap (crafted) is nice as well, it has attack speed built in.

Your other stuff is nice, but for replacing legendaries, I'd probably look for a new quiver too. Yours has vit and no hatred regen. The companion damage boost is nice though, but you can get that on shoulders too if so desired.

Just my 2 cents!

Good suggestions. I've crafted 6 reaper's wraps with no luck so far (it just needs to have 2 of 3 - dex, crit chance, fire damage sigh). I've also crafted 3 archfiend quivers which were flawed in one way or another lol.

I do kind of like the vit on the quiver though. I'm right around 5mil toughness with perfectionist and it gives me solid survivability in T2. I ran with Danetta's for a bit just to see the difference and the loss of defensive stats from the Quiver made me very squishy :(

Wickwire

God, Royal Flawless gems are so expensive. I don't know how some of you were managing to enchant on a regular basis when you had to use them. I'm currently working on getting RF Topazes for my pants and chest armor.

I run with a lot of GF and I sell all my rares when I have no need to reroll stats. I can make a good amount in an hour of playing. I usually drift between 200k- 6mil gold when crafting gems

Vossler

So I'm a bit confused...I've beaten RoS, but to get the mat for crafting reapers wraps I have to reset all the quests? Or can I just farm him in normal bounties without resetting?

So I'm a bit confused...I've beaten RoS, but to get the mat for crafting reapers wraps I have to reset all the quests? Or can I just farm him in normal bounties without resetting?

You can kill Mathiel on either adventure more or campaign mode again. You'll probably want to do it at the highest difficultly you can manage-higher the torment, the higher the drop rate.

CRA5H

You can kill Mathiel on either adventure more or campaign mode again. You'll probably want to do it at the highest difficultly you can manage-higher the torment, the higher the drop rate.
Not true at all. This thing wouldn't drop for me at T1-T2 so then I did it twice at Master and it dropped both times. Makes sense right?

Dahbomb

Not true at all. This thing wouldn't drop for me at T1-T2 so then I did it twice at Master and it dropped both times. Makes sense right?
Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

I did Malthael twice in T2 and got Reapers' Fear both times.

There's a definitive increased chance in getting mats from uniques with higher difficulties.

52club

I've done some google searches, but I haven't come up with a decent black smithing guide that has been updated since the expansion. Any good ones you know of?

In a game based around an RNG it makes perfect sense, correct. It's a fact however that the chances for dropping are statistically higher as your Torment level goes up, but when statistics stand up against a dice roll, it's easier to just dismiss it all and say Blizzard have designed a poor system.

bcl0328

Drop Glass cannon and prodigy. Sub in Arcane Dynamo and Unwavering Will. You are using Arcane Torrent:Cascade, which is a wonderful skill, but it is channeled. As soon as you stand still for 1.5 seconds you will get a damned solid dmg/toughness boost. Arcane Dynamo was recently fixed, you can get five stacks, and channel till you are out of AP. ALL of the channel will be increased by 60%. If you prefer drop Blur and keep GC, just not sure how tanky you are. I'm assuming you really like Elemental Exposure.

Basically your passives should be either: Blur, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure. Or: Glass Cannon, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure.

Get rid of the obscene amount of Vit you have. Roll off Vit from neck for +element dmg, Belt either switch to the WH or roll off Vit for +MM dmg.

Boots, roll of the Meteor for Torrent dmg.

Mirrorball, roll off the CDR for ApoC to make up for the loss of prodigy.

Vyrs Chest, roll off the Hydra to either skill dmg or AR/Armor

how important is Arcane Dynamo for arcane torrent? i rarely use electrocute to build AP since i have ApoC and resource reduction. i pretty much only use a spender.

Looks like no patch today, yes?

I'm slightly disappointed... I feel like the "get new loot, feel more powerful, get more loot" loop has stopped completely for my crusader.

The amount of shitty conclusions from laughably little anecdotal evidence and conspiracy theories about drops are still the most embarrassing aspect about the Diablo community overall. Even on NeoGAF we are not exempt from that idiocy.

People, when you have terrible drops, maybe, just maybe you just have bad fucking luck.

V_Arnold

The amount of shitty conclusions from laughably little anecdotal evidence and conspiracy theories about drops are still the most embarrassing aspect about the Diablo community overall. Even on NeoGAF we are not exempt from that idiocy.

People, when you have terrible drops, maybe, just maybe you just have bad fucking luck.

Nope. Egocentrism is still real.

RoS has been out for over a month, where is the PS4 release date?

Could Blizzard be waiting to announce it at E3?

Must be waiting for E3 I guess, but they are being surprisingly vague. I'm waiting to see if Watch Dogs is any good, otherwise I'll pick a PS4 with D3 instead so hopefully it isn't too far away.

Must be waiting for E3 I guess, but they are being surprisingly vague. I'm waiting to see if Watch Dogs is any good, otherwise I'll pick a PS4 with D3 instead so hopefully it isn't too far away.

That's my plan, to get them both on the same day. It'll be fun letting Blizzard chaperone me into the current generation.

RDreamer

Does the RIF community frown on you if you join Torment+ rifts with a lower leveled character (like level 15-20) just to get some experience? Obviously I'd be more than willing to open a rift. I just kind of figure I may as well get some leveling on my wizard or something.

The optimal is Marauder shoulders, pants, helm, Nat slayer, nat boots with rorg. I think the only reason to use nat ring might be to shift things around for pride's fall.

I could be on board for this, but here's my mara helmet:

dex
vit
rapid fire (reroll to crit)
socket

So using this set, I'll lose my cluster arrow dmg (from prides fall) but gain a metric fuckton of vitality. The 500 dex bonus will help make up for the loss of cluster arrow dmg. The overall utility from pets will win out in the end. I'll just have to hope for better pieces to drop in the future.

Now I'm just going to dump all my shard into 1H weapons in hopes of a Calamity.

Also, I started to play around with the Buriza last night. That weapon is sick. I tried it with Emimei's Duffel (makes Bolas explode right away). Crazy white mob clearing, but I really didn't like the speed. I also didn't like the loss of set bonuses when taking off nats. I'm definitely going to keep that around though. There's probably a lot of cool builds you can do with it.

Does the RIF community frown on you if you join Torment+ rifts with a lower leveled character (like level 15-20) just to get some experience? Obviously I'd be more than willing to open a rift. I just kind of figure I may as well get some leveling on my wizard or something.

So long as you can stay alive, I wouldn't see a problem. I usually get the boss low before I invite anyways, but some people invite before the boss even spawns (99% progress).

ElyrionX

Why doesn't Blizzzard just post the patch notes while the maintenance is underway. At least there'll be something to do while waiting.

Boogdud

I hadn't played my DH since RoS and logged into him last night just to see what he had in his bags.

I forgot I had this:

ammy_zpsbaa343c6.jpg

...Level 60, but dang.

Found my tasker and theo from Kadala last night. I need to farm an RoG again for my INT classes. I was hoping to wait for increased cache rewards.

I think I've peaked with this current set, at least until I find a Mirrorball and a Thunderfury.

Anyone wants to offer any tips, I'm all ears.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/icebyrd-1362/hero/951879

Peaked... how?

You'd benefit a TON form a fire SoJ and a RoRG (start combining sets instead of using crappy legendary shoulders and rare bracers). Andariels for the helmet.

And why Thunderfury? Aren't there weapons better suited for fire?

Farm Malthael a ton and make a bunch of reapers wraps. It's time consuming but very worthwhile.

Opting for DMG instead of attack speed. I hope it pays off when the patch hits. I'm not really sure how weapon DPS is calculated. I tried to arrive at this DPS number with maths but couldn't.

tVUwSZe.png

CA without cindercoat?

She will give up Witching Hour. Although I'm thinking of trying for a Harrington's. It dropped for me last night... jsut the wrong main stat. I think she'd give me a dex one if I tried.

Base weapon is a penetrator
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/penetrator
base damage is (126–127)–(714–716) Damage. so first, subtract the ele damage.
1169-1032 = 137
2042-1264 = 778

subtract 9%
137/1.09 = 125.7 rounded = 126
base dmg = 126 * 1.09 = 137.34 (decimals not shown on weapon, its truncated.

778/1.09 = 713.7 rounded = 714
714*1.09 = 778.26

add ele damage back in
137.34+1032 = 1169.34
778.26+1264 = 2042.26

1169.24+2042.26 = 3211.5
3211.5 / 2 = 1605.75 (avg dmg) * 1.6 = 2569.2

I could be on board for this, but here's my mara helmet:

dex
vit
rapid fire (reroll to crit)
socket

So using this set, I'll lose my cluster arrow dmg (from prides fall) but gain a metric fuckton of vitality. The 500 dex bonus will help make up for the loss of cluster arrow dmg. The overall utility from pets will win out in the end. I'll just have to hope for better pieces to drop in the future.

Now I'm just going to dump all my shard into 1H weapons in hopes of a Calamity.

Also, I started to play around with the Buriza last night. That weapon is sick. I tried it with Emimei's Duffel (makes Bolas explode right away). Crazy white mob clearing, but I really didn't like the speed. I also didn't like the loss of set bonuses when taking off nats. I'm definitely going to keep that around though. There's probably a lot of cool builds you can do with it.

It's real tough to balance, I want Mara pants / Nat ring to be able to equip my Cindercoat/Pridefall or Andariel because as you say - their utility is just too good to give up for some fire dmg.

I'm cursed with 2h crossbow drops so interesting to hear that the Buriza creates diversity... getting bored to tears with CA and no Krider in sight so I'll have to hope for that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ezekiel-2901/hero/34305074

how important is Arcane Dynamo for arcane torrent? i rarely use electrocute to build AP since i have ApoC and resource reduction. i pretty much only use a spender.

Honestly I noticed a substantial boost in dps when I used Arcane Dynamo with AT. I've since swapped it out after finding my last Vyrs piece (needed Evocation, and with Archon I had to give up electrocute anyway).

But I would love to find a way to work it back into my build -- it's a fantastic passive of you're using a channeling skill.

Peaked... how?

You'd benefit a TON form a fire SoJ and a RoRG (start combining sets instead of using crappy legendary shoulders and rare bracers). Andariels for the helmet.

And why Thunderfury? Aren't there weapons better suited for fire?

Farm Malthael a ton and make a bunch of reapers wraps. It's time consuming but very worthwhile.

TF is so I can eventually switchback to Lightning.

I have a SoJ, & a RoRG, And Andariel's. I'll have to do some enchanting later.

Yea, I'll just have to do this--I might be able to make a pair now, think I was missing the leg crafting ingredient.

1169.24+2042.26 = 3211.5

THANKS for breaking all that down :)

By that logic, my new DPS after the patch would be 2734. Not bad at all. Even more if I get it to 10%. I definitely prefer that to attack speed because I'd rather hit harder considering it's a 1H weapon. I attack fast enough.

ElyrionX

They do it every Tuesday... it's their schedule maintenance.

Yes, it's been this way since D3 vanilla and it's really really annoying because it always occurs when it's at night over here so basically, I can't play for that day.

Because it's complicated, heavily used, always changing technology.

It's like asking someone to eat lunch while jumping rope. Sometimes ya gotta drop the rope.

Dota 2 probably has far more concurrent users and that game updates on a far more frequent basis than Diablo 3 and yet the servers go down for maintenance like once a year. I don't have technical knowledge in this area but if a F2P game like Dota with daily peak concurrent users of 700k+ can do it, I don't see why Diablo 3 can't.

Why doesn't Blizzzard just post the patch notes while the maintenance is underway. At least there'll be something to do while waiting.

There was a blue post that I believe said they don't post early because they have to localize all the patch notes. I'm with you though. It would be nice to know.

Fularu

Banned
They do it every Tuesday... it's their schedule maintenance.
It usually starts at 5 AM (8 AM est). This one started 2 hours earlier.

If there was a patch, the file would already be up on the servers though

Which leaves me one more week to abuse the quest leveling "exploit" to get all my characters to 70

ferr

Base weapon is a penetrator
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/penetrator
base damage is (126–127)–(714–716) Damage. so first, subtract the ele damage.
1169-1032 = 137
2042-1264 = 778

subtract 9%
137/1.09 = 125.7 rounded = 126
base dmg = 126 * 1.09 = 137.34 (decimals not shown on weapon, its truncated.

778/1.09 = 713.7 rounded = 714
714*1.09 = 778.26

add ele damage back in
137.34+1032 = 1169.34
778.26+1264 = 2042.26

1169.24+2042.26 = 3211.5

Awesome. Nice breakdown.

Dahbomb

Why is 1 handed crossbow DPS So high anyways?
They are balanced around 2H + Quiver. It's probably one of the few things they actually did right in RoS... now there's actually a choice among dual wield 1H, 1H + Quiver and 2H + Quiver.

Also 1H Xbows don't do a lot of damage per hit... they just attack really fast which sort of inflates their DPS. Two Xbows can have the same DPS (2400 let's day) but a 2H of the same DPS would actually be doing more per hit, just will be attacking slower. This usually makes something like Manticore more preferable for a Cluster Arrow build because attack speed is not that relevant for that build and you want a weapon that hits hard, not exactly fast.

ElyrionX

Why is 1 handed crossbow DPS So high anyways?

In vanilla, 1H xbows had 1H weapon damage and DHs can equip 2H bows and xbows in the weapon slot with a quiver which was a far superior option to dual-wielding 1H xbows (let alone, 1H xbows with quiver) due to the substantially higher damage of 2H weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom