• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

I think I've peaked with this current set, at least until I find a Mirrorball and a Thunderfury.

Anyone wants to offer any tips, I'm all ears.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/icebyrd-1362/hero/951879
Lots of room for improvement, not even close to peaking.

Helm - Andariel's or Broken Crown (the one with attk spd)
Amulet - something with fire ele instead of vit (or even attk spd)
Bracers - Reaper's with 20% fire and 6% crit (or whatever other legendary affix you like) or complement shoulders with Aughild's
Rings - Stone of Jordan, Unity, Royal Ring of Grandeur
Off-hand - Even Triumvirate would be a better source here
Belt - Witching Hour
Weapon - any higher DPS weapon would be better suited (Ancient Bonesaber e.g.)
Bracers/Shoulders/Legs/Pants - these should be filled with set slots. Blackthorne is okay if you don't have anything better but far from desirable. Try building Cain's.

You're stacking vit and life per hit instead of fire dmg or attack speed and I'm not sure why. As fire, your main damage dealer will come from your primary attack, thus you want to attack as fast as possible. If you're dying too quickly to lose all your defensive attributes, use better CC skills like Black Hole instead of Meteor Shower. Probably still worth keeping Prismatic Armor, depending on the difficulty you're farming. Also as fire you should be using Conflagaration. Would be a much better fit than Glass Cannon.

This usually makes something like Manticore more preferable for a Cluster Arrow build because attack speed is not that relevant for that build and you want a weapon that hits hard, not exactly fast.

I tried a manticore last night (mine is around 2400 DPS). I was getting CA crits up to 37 million. Consistantly above 30 million. My 1-handers are critting anywhere from 24-33 million.

Definitely hits harder, but I lost a massive chunk of discipline (about 30). I think I'll always go 1H+1H, especially if I get a calamity (mark of death = hhnngnngggnggg). But manticore is definitely legit. Really boils down to playstyle.

RDreamer

Haven't played my Crusader in a bit. I went with a Shield Bash build after the patch went, but I'm really tempted to try Blessed Shield... especially since I have a Jekangbord sitting around. I just need to re-roll it to crit chance.

Then again part of me wants to stick with something that isn't what everyone else seems to be doing right now...

Dahbomb

The latest RNG conspiracy theory:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674727740

This one actually interested me because it's something that might actually be testable.

TLDR version: He claims that Legendaries drop rates are based on their base level requirement (like a Cindercoat has a base level requirement of 31 even though like all Legendaries it can scale up as a LVL70 drop). The lower the level requirement... the more common a Legendary is.

Furthermore... Legendaries at certain level requirements will drop within that level which he states as +3 (a Cindercoat for example has a very high chance of dropping at LVL34).

The kicker... if you play a LVL70 character in a LVL34 game... you would have a much greater chance of finding a Cindercoat. However, if you just kill mobs you will be getting the LVL34 version of the Cindercoat. BUT if instead you gamble for a Chest and it drops a Legendary... it will be a LVL70 Cindercoat. Gambling always drops items for your current character level regardless of your game's level.

Of course this will not work for items that are already LVL70 base requirement and can't be gambled for (ie. Torment only drops). This can be used to game the system into getting you a Kridershot (if what he says is true).

Lots of room for improvement, not even close to peaking.

Helm - Andariel's or Broken Crown (the one with attk spd)
Amulet - something with fire ele instead of vit (or even attk spd)
Bracers - Reaper's with 20% fire and 6% crit (or whatever other legendary affix you like) or complement shoulders with Aughild's
Rings - Stone of Jordan, Unity, Royal Ring of Grandeur
Off-hand - Even Triumvirate would be a better source here
Belt - Witching Hour
Weapon - any higher DPS weapon would be better suited (Ancient Bonesaber e.g.)
Bracers/Shoulders/Legs/Pants - these should be filled with set slots. Blackthorne is okay if you don't have anything better but far from desirable. Try building Cain's.

You're stacking vit and life per hit instead of fire dmg or attack speed and I'm not sure why. As fire, your main damage dealer will come from your primary attack, thus you want to attack as fast as possible. If you're dying too quickly to lose all your defensive attributes, use better CC skills like Black Hole instead of Meteor Shower. Probably still worth keeping Prismatic Armor, depending on the difficulty you're farming. Also as fire you should be using Conflagaration. Would be a much better fit than Glass Cannon.

Helm - Have Andariel's, will check and equip later.
Amulet - I think I've gotten like 1 good amulet via drops.
Bracers - Will farm for these. I MIGHT be able to make a pair immediately.
Rings - Have all of those.
Off-Hand - Have Triumvirate.
Belt - Have to find
Weapon - Yea, I haven't found anything better than this yet.
Other - I'll aim for more sets, I actually have a bunch of plans.

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll do some experimenting later. I don't really die that much, hence the MS. I liked Black Hole when I tested it, so I'll play around with it some more.

The latest RNG conspiracy theory:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12674727740

This one actually interested me because it's something that might actually be testable.

TLDR version: He claims that Legendaries drop rates are based on their base level requirement (like a Cindercoat has a base level requirement of 31 even though like all Legendaries it can scale up as a LVL70 drop). The lower the level requirement... the more common a Legendary is.

Furthermore... Legendaries at certain level requirements will drop within that level which he states as +3 (a Cindercoat for example has a very high chance of dropping at LVL34).

The kicker... if you play a LVL70 character in a LVL34 game... you would have a much greater chance of finding a Cindercoat. However, if you just kill mobs you will be getting the LVL34 version of the Cindercoat. BUT if instead you gamble for a Chest and it drops a Legendary... it will be a LVL70 Cindercoat. Gambling always drops items for your current character level regardless of your game's level.

Of course this will not work for items that are already LVL70 base requirement and can't be gambled for (ie. Torment only drops). This can be used to game the system into getting you a Kridershot (if what he says is true).

It is interesting, and easily testable. It would be nice to know a little more about how rng worked, but maybe it would be too exploitable.

The guy that proposed this theory is a little questionable, however. Accusations of multi-box botting...and even the picture he posted has some dubious pixels in it.

The only crappy hing about this theory, if true, is that if you are farming for something specific and it is not on your loot table, you're just wasting your time. But, in the same system, you would never know if the item was on the loot table to begin with.

Who knows at this point...sometimes I think Blizz isn't too sure about how the system actually works.

scy

first day dumping shards onto a witch doctor and i already got a decent mask of jeram, a quetzacotal, a homunculus, a thing of the deep, and some magefists that'll do until i get tasker. not bad.

Its to make up for the shitty DH luck.

Too bad my ~2000 shards got me nothing to make up for my shitty Crusader luck.

:(

Dahbomb

The loot table thing is different from the level requirement thing but it's all part of the same umbrella. To be honest he has put out two main theories here which need to be tested.

He says the way he checked what items are in his loot table at that game is he farmed T6 Rifts at a very low level. Legendary drop rate is high at that time and because you are playing a low level game you will just one shot everything at high speed. Of course the drops in the Rifts will be low level as well but the point of that Rift run is to scout the loot table of that game. You also still get Shards at low levels to gamble with.

In any case this is a pretty easy theory to disprove. Someone can get on with a LVL8 character and I can come in farm some Blood Shards then gamble at Kadala to see what drops.

???

I'm not sure I know anyone who could carry me!

I haven't done it but my understanding is that one isn't too hard especially as a ranged class because most of the enemies are weak melee, or the slow powerful guys that you can kite and they get funelled to you because of the level layout. Note that it needs to be clear the hellrift and not kill sledge or whatever the elite names are for that area.

joesmokey

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll do some experimenting later. I don't really die that much, hence the MS. I liked Black Hole when I tested it, so I'll play around with it some more.
What difficulty level are you farming and what are your clear times?

Obviously you can play however you like, but full fire "optimal" clear times are around the following:
T1/T2 - sub 10 mins for all map types (even down to level 6)
T3/T4/T5 - 10-15min clears till rift boss
T6 - 20-25min clears till rift boss (cheesing with Unity and with an exception to Corrupted Angel/Anarch maps).

I've found that T3-T5 take roughly the same amount of time to clear. T5 can be slightly longer due to walking distance, however I've found sub 15 minutes to be fairly common.

That theory goes pretty deep. If he's right about the possibility of an instance being completely fucked from the beginning, that's just evil.

The loot table thing is different from the level requirement thing but it's all part of the same umbrella. To be honest he has put out two main theories here which need to be tested.

He says the way he checked what items are in his loot table at that game is he farmed T6 Rifts at a very low level. Legendary drop rate is high at that time and because you are playing a low level game you will just one shot everything at high speed. Of course the drops in the Rifts will be low level as well but the point of that Rift run is to scout the loot table of that game. You also still get Shards at low levels to gamble with.

In any case this is a pretty easy theory to disprove. Someone can get on with a LVL8 character and I can come in farm some Blood Shards then gamble at Kadala to see what drops.

You're going to need ALOT of keystones/time on your hands in order to do this. That's really the only problem I see. Since apparently you can still get high level gear on your loot table, but you can't get it from Kadala/drop in a low level game. You might have MLW in your table or you might not.

th3dude

Should I have a recipe for Reapers Wraps? I don't see it listed at the Blacksmith.

The recipe drops from Mathael, although I don't think it is a guarantee.

Edit: If you accidentally scrapped it, you should still be able to get it since you don't 'know' it yet.

Celegus

I beat Malthael, but I don't have the recipe listed. I may have tossed it? <_<

Keep trying, it's not a guaranteed drop. He's also the only one that drops the material, so it can't hurt to stock up on those too even if you don't get the plan right away.

Dahbomb

You're going to need ALOT of keystones/time on your hands in order to do this. That's really the only problem I see. Since apparently you can still get high level gear on your loot table, but you can't get it from Kadala/drop in a low level game. You might have MLW in your table or you might not.
I kinda just need another person to test this. Someone with a low level character. I already have a lot of keystones so that's not an issue.

I am neither confirming nor denying this theory by the way. But if true it's fairly alarming and I guess to remedy this people will start remaking games more often (or stay in them if they get the good stuff).

cdyhybrid

It's supposed to be a guaranteed drop the first time you kill him according to The Internet™, but I didn't get it either T.T

Not looking forward to having to run through Pandemonium Fortress over and over just to get to him and farm him =\

Azulsky

I dont buy that base lvl theory because I have not seen a Flow of Eternity(lvl 29) drop yet with about 200 hours of combined play time between several monks.

oktarb

I love the first release of D3 and just recently bought Reapers. Gotta say i love the game even more. The new act is fun and sufficiently Gothy. The Crusader is fun and nice mid range change.

I love the Adventure mode. I do wish that there was something to work on beside my gear, like a home to adorn with trophy's or something. Just another fan always wanting more :D

Sillution

I beat Malthael but he did not drop the recipe. What I had to do was use another level 70 class and beat story mode and he dropped it. I might not have beaten him at level 70 on the first class which may/may not have been my problem.

Fularu

Banned
Please elaborate.
Do the quest "trailing the coven", go to the entrance to the caves of spiders and stand next to the hermit. You'll get a check point.

Go back to town, restart the game and check for the vendor, he gives you a quest for the hermit.

Do it as often as you need on t6. You can loot the corpses and chests (two corpses and sometimes a chest) on the way up there. Quest goes from 10 million xp to 14,5 million from 60 to 70

Spawns about once every 4-5 games.

Got about 5 million gold doing it and 2 legs. Not to mention many blues/yellows/gems

Édit : needless to say, you don't have to kill a single mob and can't die.

Maledict

The theory about gambling for legendaries might possibly be true, and as you say should be easy to test using gambling.

His other theory, which seems to be that characters have a fixed drop table seems utter gibberish on the other hand. I cannot think why any company would ever implement such a thing, or what sense it would make. There's no evidence offered for this theory, nor any way of testing it.

So what's the deal with fetish sycophants passive spawns and the atk speed breakpoint with vampire bats? I've heard things from 2.01 atk speed is optimal to 2.15 to 2.35. My current build is around 2.17-2.18. Am I optimizing my fetish spawning? I have paragon in atk speed that I can remove if it's beneficial to do so. Anyone have any info on this?

Dahbomb

I dont buy that base lvl theory because I have not seen a Flow of Eternity(lvl 29) drop yet with about 200 hours of combined play time between several monks.
Eh Daibos are weird because they are 2 weapon drops competing with a crap ton of other 2 weapon drops. Only way to test this would be to gamble for Daibos but it's very hard to get the Daibo you want because it's diluted with a crap ton of other bad 2Hs on top of the price of 2H weapons being expensive.

For the record I have a Flow of Eternity among other Daibos in my collection.

Also he never really said that lower items are rarer... I just added that in myself. His theory is that if you farm lvl32 (3 above 29) and a Legendary Daibo drops then it's likely to be Flow of Eternity. Of course if you got a Legendary Daibo that was above 32 then his theory would be disproved immediately.

And the "loot tables are different per game" is nearly impossible to properly test.

Grinch

Banned
Do the quest "trailing the coven", go to the entrance to the caves of spiders and stand next to the hermit. You'll get a check point.

Go back to town, restart the game and check for the vendor, he gives you a quest for the hermit.

Do it as often as you need on t6. You can loot the corpses and chests (two corpses and sometimes a chest) on the way up there. Quest goes from 10 million xp to 14,5 million from 60 to 70

Spawns about once every 4-5 games.

Got about 5 million gold doing it and 2 legs. Not to mention many blues/yellows/gems

Édit : needless to say, you don't have to kill a single mob and can't die.

All right, thanks!

Dahbomb

Started up a game after the server maintenance.

Checked to see unsocketing prices, still expensive as fuck.

No patch today guys... :(

If that RNG theory is correct and you can join a game where it's impossible for X item to drop, that would.... SUCK. That would suck hard. I tend to stay in the same game for hours and hours.

It would be a really dick move if this were the case. But we'd have no way of ever knowing. Especially if the items we're after are really rare.

Dahbomb

If that RNG theory is correct and you can join a game where it's impossible for X item to drop, that would.... SUCK. That would suck hard. I tend to stay in the same game for hours and hours.

It would be a really dick move if this were the case. But we'd have no way of ever knowing. Especially if the items we're after are really rare.
Only way to confirm this is if everyone starts documenting their Legendary drops in single game instances. If a pattern emerges then this might have some weight. If not then it's debunked. Would take a huge sample size though.

garath

I think what I'm going to start doing is run a rift and if I don't get a legendary, restart the game.

Though I think all of this is akin to tapping your foot three times before turning on the TV so your favorite sports team is winning.

Only way to confirm this is if everyone starts documenting their Legendary drops in single game instances. If a pattern emerges then this might have some weight. If not then it's debunked. Would take a huge sample size though.

I started to do this on the weekend when I was getting a ton of rings. I kept a note of all the items I was dropping because I was going to share it with the thread. I think I found 11 legendary rings in 1 day. And 3 Danetta Spites in the same damn rift.

The interesting thing is that all 3 spites had nearly the same stats. Here's a screenshot of 2 of them together that dropped from the same mob.

Since I was RIFing, I was in the same game all day. This is primarily the reason this theory holds weight in my eyes. I might still have that list open. I know there were several repeats. But I'll definitely start doing this every time I play though. For science.

Last night I found 2 Windforces in the same rift as well. Also with similar stats.

I swear to god, if they nerf Crusader anymore before buffing other aspects of the class I am going to... probably bitch on GAF for a post or two and move on with my life, nevertheless, I think the class is fun and would like to see it get tweaked more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom