• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 windforce in 1 rift....

Eh. I'd take a Krider over that thing I think. Seems like low dmg too. ~2,350 DPS on each

OH GOD. This game is trolling me hard.

NXMOjYG.png

WHYYYYYYYYYYY INT

Dahbomb

How many souls u get?
Of those, 4 I kept in my collection. One was a Marauder Glove (bad rolls but keeping it in case I need to test Marauder 4/6 piece bonus), another was a solid Danetta weapon which completes my 2 set, a Physical damage Andariel and 4th was a Unity ring.

If you mean how many Souls total I have well over a hundred now. Most of those souls are garbage belts and gloves that Kadala has provided me with.

Was about to go to bed when I decided to head on over to teh fields of misery to do some dmg tests with various setups. Out of nowhere, a potion of Kulle-aid drops.

Twas a good day :)

New thread = me no longer complaining about lack of RRoG :D

Rolled cd/dex/7 ias/LOH which rerolled to cc 2nd try.

475 dex
5 cc
7 ias
37 cd

159 phys res.

Time to switch OWE res I guess!
I got suxh a shitty RRoG,
462 strength, 6% attack speed, 437 vit
And i'm a witch doctor

cdyhybrid

Played my DH for a bit today doing some rifts and stuff. Not really a huge fan of the playstyle. Going to gear up my Barb instead and keep the DH on the shelf for future use.

Naeblish

losing steam quickly, as well as my sanity. night after night, i run rifts solo, no legs, at all. i gamble at kadala. no legs, at all. why the hell am i still playing? i just don't know...
There's a really simple solution to this: play MP. Seriously, playing with other people makes this game about 5 times more fun if you have a good group. Even a pug with no communication is more fun than solo.
Also, i don't know if its because i play support/damage type monk, but i find about 3-4 times as many legendaries when i play T1 rifts with 3 other people then when i play solo.

dengatron

first day dumping shards onto a witch doctor and i already got a decent mask of jeram, a quetzacotal, a homunculus, a thing of the deep, and some magefists that'll do until i get tasker. not bad.

first day dumping shards onto a witch doctor and i already got a decent mask of jeram, a quetzacotal, a homunculus, a thing of the deep, and some magefists that'll do until i get tasker. not bad.

Just how many shards did you dump?

Been dumping shards for days now and got nothing. Damn you Kadala!

Crafted Ashearas yesterday. Haven't tested it much yet but it definitely provides a lot more utility than damage. I dropped 200k sheet dps just to use it but I've been able to make up for it somewhat by switching out my defensive skills for dps ones since the set makes me very tanky.

My character has become very tanky all of a sudden and it's a struggle to find more dps because I am stuck with the Tal and Ashearas set. Right now, I really need a Tal chest to drop so I can replace my Tal belt with the level 70 WH that I have in my stash.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ElyrionX-6495/hero/2106605

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be happy to hear them.

Drop Glass cannon and prodigy. Sub in Arcane Dynamo and Unwavering Will. You are using Arcane Torrent:Cascade, which is a wonderful skill, but it is channeled. As soon as you stand still for 1.5 seconds you will get a damned solid dmg/toughness boost. Arcane Dynamo was recently fixed, you can get five stacks, and channel till you are out of AP. ALL of the channel will be increased by 60%. If you prefer drop Blur and keep GC, just not sure how tanky you are. I'm assuming you really like Elemental Exposure.

Basically your passives should be either: Blur, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure. Or: Glass Cannon, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure.

Get rid of the obscene amount of Vit you have. Roll off Vit from neck for +element dmg, Belt either switch to the WH or roll off Vit for +MM dmg.

Boots, roll of the Meteor for Torrent dmg.

Mirrorball, roll off the CDR for ApoC to make up for the loss of prodigy.

Vyrs Chest, roll off the Hydra to either skill dmg or AR/Armor

MoonGred

Are you serious? I had to dump 1500 shards just to get a shit magefist.
So envious!

Radec

Do you just wait in town for this? My concern is that a lvl30DH would get smashed in 1hit

You'll get 1 hitted but the exp from the RG is not that big anyway, follow them for the loot.

Then back in town for the huge EXP after talking to Olrek.

RDreamer

Sucks maintenance comes on the worst day and time for me. I usually have way more time to dick around in games Tuesday mornings :(

Are they putting in the shards scaling with torment and bounties getting buffed and stuff today?

If so fuck torment 1. I'm going torment 3 all the way with my DH and Monk.

Did a set of bounties and a rift on T1 last night. Nothing dropped except for a plan for a green set. Set is rather meh...

Damn you RNG

Opting for DMG instead of attack speed. I hope it pays off when the patch hits. I'm not really sure how weapon DPS is calculated. I tried to arrive at this DPS number with maths but couldn't.

tVUwSZe.png

Coming along. I think I'm looking for belts and gloves from Kadala. Witching hour maybe. Magefist. All the usuals.
CA without cindercoat?

She will give up Witching Hour. Although I'm thinking of trying for a Harrington's. It dropped for me last night... jsut the wrong main stat. I think she'd give me a dex one if I tried.

garath

I'm going to jinx myself but the RNG has been pretty good to me last few days. I've been getting 2-3 legendaries a night in my normal 1-2 hour playtime. That's pretty solid. Comparatively I got that many in a week prior.

Most are souls of course but I've gotten a couple of sidegrades/slight upgrades. I actually really needed the souls too. Had a few things that needed rerolling and I've been sitting on none for so long.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/garath-1132/hero/40752152

Coming along. I think I'm looking for belts and gloves from Kadala. Witching hour maybe. Magefist. All the usuals.

ElyrionX

Drop Glass cannon and prodigy. Sub in Arcane Dynamo and Unwavering Will. You are using Arcane Torrent:Cascade, which is a wonderful skill, but it is channeled. As soon as you stand still for 1.5 seconds you will get a damned solid dmg/toughness boost. Arcane Dynamo was recently fixed, you can get five stacks, and channel till you are out of AP. ALL of the channel will be increased by 60%. If you prefer drop Blur and keep GC, just not sure how tanky you are. I'm assuming you really like Elemental Exposure.

Basically your passives should be either: Blur, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure. Or: Glass Cannon, Arcane Dynamo, Unwavering Will, Elemental Exposure.

Get rid of the obscene amount of Vit you have. Roll off Vit from neck for +element dmg, Belt either switch to the WH or roll off Vit for +MM dmg.

Boots, roll of the Meteor for Torrent dmg.

Mirrorball, roll off the CDR for ApoC to make up for the loss of prodigy.

Vyrs Chest, roll off the Hydra to either skill dmg or AR/Armor

I tried Arcane Dynamo but it just doesn't fit my playstyle. One of the most important part of this build is the Black Hole + Strongarm Bracers + AT Cascade combo. It deals a lot of damage to huge packs of enemies really fast and Black Hole is always the opening spell which means that I don't get the benefit of the AD damage on AT. Passives-wise, it was a struggle picking them but I went for Glass Cannon for the raw damage and since I have no APoC as you pointed out, I went for Prodigy. Prodigy works with this build anyway because Mirrorball missiles are so strong so firing them off to gain AP is still quite efficient.

I have a lot of Vit but there are very few places that I can roll them for damage. I have not rolled the Tal necklace for two reasons; one, the CHD is low and I was thinking of trying to get a higher roll on that and two, my build changes virtually every other day so I don't like to lock myself into any particular element, especially if it involves rolling a very rare item.

Mirrorball: CDR is still semi-useful in a lot of builds and I'm not sure of APoC's effectiveness in RoS. If anything, I would roll CDR for MM damage but rolling anything on any source is likely to be a RNG nightmare so I haven't got around to it.

Vyr: That Hydra skill modifier kills me everytime I see it but the damn armour came with only one socket which I had to roll to three. Zzzzzzzzzz

Found the earth set shoulders on my barb, finally (2nd piece when I've done well over 500 rifts on my barb)

shame the servers seem to be dying (again, it happens way too often..)

I'm worried I'll wake up tomorrow and see the patch having somehow ruined the earth set
there's no real reason (I hope) for them to ruin it,but that is the atmosphere blizzard has created in their games now

as soon as it dropped clanmates in clan chat went 'can you hear that?'
"what"
"chchchchchchch"
"huh"?
"choochoo"
(the nerf train)

dengatron

Opting for DMG instead of attack speed. I hope it pays off when the patch hits. I'm not really sure how weapon DPS is calculated. I tried to arrive at this DPS number with maths but couldn't.

tVUwSZe.png

what damage percentage were you before you rerolled it? post patch you'll get a nice dps increase but if you rerolled from 8 to 9 you'd have been better off aiming for 1300 black damage.

Mumei

God, Royal Flawless gems are so expensive. I don't know how some of you were managing to enchant on a regular basis when you had to use them. I'm currently working on getting RF Topazes for my pants and chest armor.

God, Royal Flawless gems are so expensive. I don't know how some of you were managing to enchant on a regular basis when you had to use them. I'm currently working on getting RF Topazes for my pants and chest armor.

If you need gold do the t6 bounty "clear hell rift" with a group. Easy way to get gold/xp

I tried Arcane Dynamo but it just doesn't fit my playstyle. One of the most important part of this build is the Black Hole + Strongarm Bracers + AT Cascade combo. It deals a lot of damage to huge packs of enemies really fast and Black Hole is always the opening spell which means that I don't get the benefit of the AD damage on AT.

I use disintegrate with BH, but I also use AD. To get the effect, just get 4 stacks, throw BH, use MM, then channel. The stacks don't reset until you hit 5, so you just have to time it correctly.

what damage percentage were you before you rerolled it? post patch you'll get a nice dps increase but if you rerolled from 8 to 9 you'd have been better off aiming for 1300 black damage.

It started at 7%. I'll get it to 10% eventually. I just ran out of gold. 3% more base dmg is roughly the same as 40 more elemental dmg (if I understand it correctly). And when it's applied to the elemental dmg after the patch, it should be an even bigger increase.

I feel your pain. It's especially brutal when you need the same gems for armor and weapons. Luckily I started out as a wizard so I stockpiled a ton of emeralds. Currently using 8....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

ferr

i'm down to about 3m gold now from my original 100m, mostly due to gems. it's crap. what is it like 15m for 1 top tier gem? 3 in my chest, 2 in pants, 2 in weapons.

garath

I've been doing a pretty good job maintaining my original 46m. I've gotten as low as 39m but I'm currently around 43m.

I COULD take all the marquis emeralds I have and spend millions getting to flawless royals. But I've been waiting to get imperials for the most part. I greatly decreases the cost. I currently have 4 royal slotted in my equipment. Haven't crafted a flawless royal yet.

But I want to maintain that buffer for rerolls and the like. Haven't even gotten to my crusader yet. He just has flawless imperials.

Interesting. Didn't think about this. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. I did some testing to see how AD worked and I find it a lot of fun trying to get it right every time. Really annoying when you get any kind of knockback though right after you get everything set and start channeling.

ferr

It started at 7%. I'll get it to 10% eventually. I just ran out of gold. 3% more base dmg is roughly the same as 40 more elemental dmg (if I understand it correctly). And when it's applied to the elemental dmg after the patch, it should be an even bigger increase.

I feel your pain. It's especially brutal when you need the same gems for armor and weapons. Luckily I started out as a wizard so I stockpiled a ton of emeralds. Currently using 8....

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

Mine is +1038-1285 damage @ +8%dmg which comes out to 2732dps. You should be around there as well once the fix is in.

Mine is +1038-1285 damage @ +8%dmg which comes out to 2732dps. You should be around there as well once the fix is in.

Sounds pretty damn good to me :)

I think the biggest challenge is going to be working in 3 pieces of marauder now. Chest armor and gloves are pretty much used up by Cinder and Magefists. That leaves pants, boots, and shoulders. I'd lose my Nat Boots though, and all the set bonuses from that (which are too good to lose). So the only other option is to get Nat's Ring. But that would replace my SoJ.

The other option is using Marauder's helmet. But I'd have to replace Pride's Fall. Ugh.

Going to be difficult. Too many good BiS items conflicting with set items.

Cindercoat dropped for me last night. Main stat, Vit, +armor, 0 sockets. I don't run a fire build but I'll keep in the stash for a rainy day.

ferr

Sounds pretty damn good to me :)

I think the biggest challenge is going to be working in 3 pieces of marauder now. Chest armor and gloves are pretty much used up by Cinder and Magefists. That leaves pants, boots, and shoulders. I'd lose my Nat Boots though, and all the set bonuses from that (which are too good to lose). So the only other option is to get Nat's Ring. But that would replace my SoJ.

Going to be difficult.

The optimal is Marauder shoulders, pants, helm, Nat slayer, nat boots with rorg. I think the only reason to use nat ring might be to shift things around for pride's fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom