• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The rift with the cliffs can sometimes be extremely shitty for a pull EP Monk especially if its filled with huge ass enemies or flying enemies.

Corrupted angels can certainly eat shit and die.

After playing around with the Monk in the PTR and watching a few streamers play I think they are going to nerf Monks again. Basically what Monks are doing on the PTR right now is using the Sunwoko set with a generator build and then dumping all Spirit into Sweeping Wind and Mantra combined with BoH Infused with Light. Combined with a ton of Spirit regen and the new Epiphany rune plus a ton of CDR Monks are able to generate MORE Spirit then they can spend resulting in 3-4 proca of SWK per second. Combined with Serenity and the new Transcendance they are also insanely hard to kill.

This is basically what Barbs used to do with the WW build.... have infinite resource, infinite "super saiyan" form and infinite healing. It's pretty much what Blizzards have said that they don't want in the game.

If Blizzard is smart they will simply reduce the cost of SW by a lot and then rework the Inna's bonus to SW. This will prevent people from spamming SW as a Spirit dump and allow SW to be good on its own merit. Instead we are probably going to get the Spirit generation nerfed again....

Ayumi

Is this work leveling a Monk for? Will it be worth it after 2.1?

(Sorry for not showing ranged stats, I'm on a Mac and have tried 1000 shortcuts and macros, nothing will work for ranged stats screenshots. I don't wanna link it in a chat to make it work.. :v)

TBEY28n.png

Ayumi

Joined a public game for doing bounty runs (why, I DON'T KNOW. Always use bounty runs communities.)
Some guy votes a kick for another guy.

I ask him why, he said "The guy is doing A3 instead of A1". I told him "So just tell him?" Then I told him myself, that we were doing A1 (I did the same mistake once, when I started bounty running).

Then I got kicked out instead.

Stay classy, Diablo 3.

Dahbomb

Havent played in a while. Which is the best class right now? Still Wiz?

No Demon Hunter is the best class in the game. Wizard is bottom 2.

This is on 2.1 though but it's about the same as on live.

I would rank it as following:

Demon Hunter (best in the game)
Witch Doctor
Crusader
Barbarian
Monk and Wizards (don't know which one is worse but both are definitely bottom 2)

Witch Doctor
Crusader
Barbarian
Monk and Wizards (don't know which one is worse but both are definitely bottom 2)

Thanks. Do you know where I can look at builds for DH?

Dahbomb

Thanks. Do you know where I can look at builds for DH?
There are builds up on Diablofans but most are pretty bad or are using 2.1 as a reference.

DH only use Marauder at end game/highest difficulty level which is their 6 piece class set. Before that DHs use a Fire Cluster Arrow build which revolves around items like Magefist/Cindercoat/Reapers Wraps/Pride's Fall and skills like Nightstalker, Preparation and Blood Vengeance to have an insane amount of resources to spam the expensive Cluster Arrow skill.

iirate

Witch Doctor
Crusader
Barbarian

I'm not sure what metric you're using, but going by the rift leaderboards(and admittedly nothing else), Wizards are way above monks and far closer to the rest of the middle of the pack. In fact, DHs and Monks aside, the other classes are pretty well balanced from that standpoint(Wizards and Crusaders are about equal on the low side, and Barbs/WDs are pretty even on the high end, but are fairly close overall).

DHs also are getting a large boost from bugged weapons, so they should be taken down a bit just from their crossbows being fixed.

Now, I'd agree that Wizards have issues that won't show up on leaderboards with regards to build diversity, but by that metric, I'd argue that DHs are having problems as well.

From the D3 boards regarding this morning's leaderboard standings(numbers in parentheses are yesterday's standings):

Players over GR level 30 per class:

Monk: - 8 (6)
Barbarian: - 52 (39)
Crusader: - 46 (32)
Demon hunter: - 504 (387) (no, not a typo)
Witch Doctor: -54 (35)
Wizard: - 54 (43)

More at this link:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13778257921

ZenaxPure

This is fantastic, been looking for something like this for a while since I don't play on the PTR.

I actually find the #10 rank more interesting than the #1, rank 10 for almost every class is on par with each other except for monk which is a tiny bit lower and demon hunter which is far above the rest. Makes me really wonder how the runs went for those above that position, especially the #1 ranks of each category (if they could replicate that run over and over or if it was really good luck).

That said though, god damn monks. I highly doubt this is the last time we'll see changes to the class on the PTR, but, frankly I don't think class changes will do much when the real problem is with their items not being that great. Every class has at least 1 super awesome OP item or item set except the monks. I mean, both of their sets are better now, but not amazing compared to everyone else.

iirate

This is fantastic, been looking for something like this for a while since I don't play on the PTR.

I actually find the #10 rank more interesting than the #1, rank 10 for almost every class is on par with each other except for monk which is a tiny bit lower and demon hunter which is far above the rest. Makes me really wonder how the runs went for those above that position, especially the #1 ranks of each category (if they could replicate that run over and over or if it was really good luck).

That said though, god damn monks. I highly doubt this is the last time we'll see changes to the class on the PTR, but, frankly I don't think class changes will do much when the real problem is with their items not being that great. Every class has at least 1 super awesome OP item or item set except the monks. I mean, both of their sets are better now, but not amazing compared to everyone else.

Monk's sets are a huge part of the problem, which is sad considering how relatively recently the two best ones were essentially created. Sunwuko's and Storms simply don't do enough damage to be competitive, and even if they did, the two sets are horribly constrictive(Sunwuko's supports 2H daibo-only holy specs, and Storms supports a lightning-only spec based around a specific weapon and the hand cramps/motion sickness that follows actually using that weapon effectively). Inna's is actually theoretically a good basis for a set, just far too weak considering the class it's tied to(Mantra of Salv helped though, and replacing Retribution theoretically would as well).

Storms is especially horrible, because even if it did competitive damage, the actual playstyle is abhorred by most of the monk community.

I saw a suggestion for a set based around Inner Sanctuary, and that's exactly the type of set we really need. Basing sets around specific spenders or elements(i.e. Roland's or Firebird's) is ridiculously stifling to a class, whereas Akkhan's does it right IMO and needs to be the model for modern set design. Let individual pieces modify the skills that can supplement your spec and let the actual set be built around. The problem comes when a set builds it's own spec, rather than letting the player get creative within its constraints.

ZenaxPure

Honestly have to disagree about the sets, Akkhan is so good that if you don't use it you are simply limiting yourself. I think that is poor design honestly. Sets should give a bit of freedom to your build, but not to the point where you can plug in any other build. I vastly prefer the sets that limit you in some way, but, the monk sets are too far on the extreme side of things (2h holy daibo or dashing strike jawbreaker only). Personally I think new Raekor is a better example, Raekor has different elemental options that are viable right now, but each of those elements still use different active and passive skills which change how they play and that is not getting into people using vile ward vs. mixing in the IK set (you can't run both vile ward and IK with Raekor) which expands it a bit.

Basically I think sets just need a good middle ground, monk sets are far too limiting since they tie you to one specific build where as Akkhan is so flexible that you will ALWAYS use it no matter what (unless you are using the new Roland set), it is required for every single endgame crusader build.

iirate

Honestly have to disagree about the sets, Akkhan is so good that if you don't use it you are simply limiting yourself. I think that is poor design honestly. Sets should give a bit of freedom to your build, but not to the point where you can plug in any other build. I vastly prefer the sets that limit you in some way, but, the monk sets are too far on the extreme side of things (2h holy daibo or dashing strike jawbreaker only). Personally I think new Raekor is a better example, Raekor has different elemental options that are viable right now, but each of those elements still use different active and passive skills which change how they play and that is not getting into people using vile ward vs. mixing in the IK set (you can't run both vile ward and IK with Raekor) which expands it a bit.

Basically I think sets just need a good middle ground, monk sets are far too limiting since they tie you to one specific build where as Akkhan is so flexible that you will ALWAYS use it no matter what (unless you are using the new Roland set), it is required for every single endgame crusader build.

Actually, you're right. I guess that as a monk player, I'm so frustrated by constricting set design that I forgot how a set that's too open-ended can be constricting in its own way.

It's ironic, considerig pretty much the only reason I don't play Crusader is because I don't want to use Akarat's Champion, and by extension, Akkhan's.

MrDaravon

Blizzard pls gibe patch

Given that they're making pretty big changes every time they update the PTR I don't think it's anytime soon. If it doesn't hit in the next two weeks or so (it won't) I'm pretty much out for the first season, Destiny and a few other games I care about more come out starting less than a month from now. It's insane that we're in mid-August with not even a timeframe for Seasons. They reallllllly dropped the ball on this.

cdyhybrid

Given that they're making pretty big changes every time they update the PTR I don't think it's anytime soon. If it doesn't hit in the next two weeks or so (it won't) I'm pretty much out for the first season, Destiny and a few other games I care about more come out starting less than a month from now. It's insane that we're in mid-August with not even a timeframe for Seasons. They reallllllly dropped the ball on this.

Yeah, they have until Smash Bros. and the new Pokemon come out for me.

Dahbomb

Sunwoko set does a ton of damage in the PTR thanks to Monk's insane Spirit regen. You can proc 3-4 of them in almost a second leading to 6000% weapon damage per second or more. That is not something to scoff at. Sure it's no Marauder but really no build in the game is.

The problem with Sunwoko set isn't the damage, it's the flexibility of it. If the clones spawned based on the element of the skill used and you could use ANY 2H weapon then people would be able to perform really well with stuff like Maximus + GNK LTK + SWK build. However because the set is restricted to Daibo and Holy that means you can only use 3 MAYBE 4 weapons with that set and only one element stacking (Holy)....and because there is no Holy LTK skill well you basically only use two skills to dump Spirit into (Holy Bells or Spirit generator + SW spirit dump combo).

As far as that "list of characters above certain GR"... I don't buy too much into it. There's a lot of group think going around that Monks suck ass. They are bottom 2 but they aren't so far behind the curve. There simply aren't a ton of players playing Monks compared to other classes that's why you have less players in higher GRs. Monks have a tremendous amount of resource regeneration, damage mitigation and life heal along with the ability to be almost immortal. With the Sunwoko set they can turn their insane resource regeneration into good damage and ridiculous heals. Monks can definitely hang in the 30-40 GRs area.

Like for example by that list the highest Monk has gone is 32. I honestly believe that Monk can reach GR 36 like some of those other classes if they get the right densities. And that is unfortunately the harsh reality of GRs... so much of the rankings are determined by RNGs and what monsters spawn/how many enemies spawn.

For reference I have also looked up the stats for Hardcore PTR (note of course that the DH is bugged right now so it will have higher than normal results):

Top 1, top 10, class (stats current as of this past 6:20 PM 8/10/2014)

36, 31 Demon Hunter
33, 28 Witch Doctor
32, 27 Crusader
30, 26 Barbarian
30, 23, Monk
29, 23, Wizard

This is in line with where I think the rankings fall for the class. I have always believed that Hardcore is really the true test of where character rankings stand over softcore. I feel that the results of Hardcore will soon show up in Softcore as well which will show that Wizard and Monk are not too far from each other with Monk edging out Wizard big time in terms of survivability.

ZenaxPure

Like for example by that list the highest Monk has gone is 32. I honestly believe that Monk can reach GR 36 like some of those other classes if they get the right densities. And that is unfortunately the harsh reality of GRs... so much of the rankings are determined by RNGs and what monsters spawn/how many enemies spawn.

Frankly that's why I find the lower ranks more interesting. When you start going down the list for each class the differences aren't as noticeable. Ignoring demon hunter (as I'm not sure if those ranks are also bugged or they are really THAT far ahead of the other classes) when you get down to rank 10 every class is either at GR 33 or 34 (except monk), rank 50 everyone is around GR 30. Monk could be skewed by under representation, but unless the leader boards list the complete total number of players playing the class it's hard to say.

Basically my point is the classes seem a lot closer than I was expecting based on GRs alone. I find it hard to take the top ranks seriously in terms of balance when RNG can play such a large role in this. The top ranks are pretty much always going to be whoever got the best density and enemy type.

Dahbomb

I find it hard to take the top ranks seriously in terms of balance when RNG can play such a large role in this. The top ranks are pretty much always going to be whoever got the best density and enemy type.
I agree with this. It's a joke how much disparity there is in terms of mob density in the GRs. In the normal Rifts ok this is fine as RNG is RNG but in GR this is pretty much unacceptable to me.

DHs being high is a combination of the class being over powered and bugged items (their bows are rolling 2H weapon stats, like above 3000 damage). I expect them to still be on top but not by a wide margin.

And yea the "balance" isn't as bad as I thought it would be going into this. I still think that gear isn't fully optimized to take advantage of the gems and most people don't have fully upgraded gems yet.

Which brings me to my next point... the gem upgrading system is fucking BUTT CHEEKS!!!!!

MrDaravon

I could have sworn I took screenshots but nothing's in my folder, but when I was playing with Dahbomb and Coffeebeans earlier got a double K'Mar Tenclip drop from the same elite that rolled the same base damage unidentified, but they were drastically different once ID'd. Still crazy though.

Also was a pretty great day for legs and upgrades. Dahbomb gave me a sweet Magefist that I managed to roll perfect CHD on after a few tries, and then I found a Rucksack that was an upgrade and finally managed to roll perfect Sentry damage on.

uVRh7Gx.jpg
mtjR3oN.jpg

Still having absolutely zero goddamn luck with getting better Mara shoulders from Kadala. Probably at least 5k shards today with her and only one and it was garbage. Most of my slots are all pretty solid and a few are near perfect, but my shoulders are my weakest link (no AR and Companion instead of Sentry %) but I am just not having any luck upgrading.

iirate

Sunwoko set does a ton of damage in the PTR thanks to Monk's insane Spirit regen. You can proc 3-4 of them in almost a second leading to 6000% weapon damage per second or more. That is not something to scoff at. Sure it's no Marauder but really no build in the game is.

The problem with Sunwoko set isn't the damage, it's the flexibility of it. If the clones spawned based on the element of the skill used and you could use ANY 2H weapon then people would be able to perform really well with stuff like Maximus + GNK LTK + SWK build. However because the set is restricted to Daibo and Holy that means you can only use 3 MAYBE 4 weapons with that set and only one element stacking (Holy)....and because there is no Holy LTK skill well you basically only use two skills to dump Spirit into (Holy Bells or Spirit generator + SW spirit dump combo).

As far as that "list of characters above certain GR"... I don't buy too much into it. There's a lot of group think going around that Monks suck ass. They are bottom 2 but they aren't so far behind the curve. There simply aren't a ton of players playing Monks compared to other classes that's why you have less players in higher GRs. Monks have a tremendous amount of resource regeneration, damage mitigation and life heal along with the ability to be almost immortal. With the Sunwoko set they can turn their insane resource regeneration into good damage and ridiculous heals. Monks can definitely hang in the 30-40 GRs area.

For reference I have also looked up the stats for Hardcore PTR (note of course that the DH is bugged right now so it will have higher than normal results):

36, 31 Demon Hunter
33, 28 Witch Doctor
32, 27 Crusader
30, 26 Barbarian
30, 23, Monk
29, 23, Wizard

This is in line with where I think the rankings fall for the class. I have always believed that Hardcore is really the true test of where character rankings stand over softcore. I feel that the results of Hardcore will soon show up in Softcore as well which will show that Wizard and Monk are not too far from each other with Monk edging out Wizard big time in terms of survivability.

I'm not sure if I agree with your assessment of the class's potential in GRs right now, but you are right that monks are under-represented on the PTR and that will skew the results. I also don't like HC data being used to judge SC balance or vice-versa, as the two modes can require entirely different approaches.

I'd like to see where you got the 3-4 Sunwuko aps numbers from. I haven't been on the PTR to check myself, but I do know that Druin has stated that his Sunwuko build pulls in ~125 spirit/sec, or about 1.66 clones/sec.

That being said, I do agree that the set isn't that far off from being where it needs to be. The changes you mentioned would definitely be the direction I'd like to see them go, but alongside that, I feel like the clones really need to have some sort of target finding, and not detonate until they find said target. A big issue with the set right now is that clones spawn behind you, detonates, and simply miss anything and everything on the screen.

Such a change would also be beneficial for TR, and that build could use all the love it can get.

JayHayabusa

Reading this thread always makes me want to study up more on theory crafting, but with the reality of work and sudying for GMAT I currently have no time so I find myself just content to read up here and try and apply what I learn.

So here I am once again looking for more advice if possible on my DH build. (especially you Dahbomb since all your points before helped me tremendously so thank you)

Hope this would spark some discussion on what is best in slot for my current DH build and potentially for other small variations.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

MrDaravon

Reading this thread always makes me want to study up more on theory crafting, but with the reality of work and sudying for GMAT I currently have no time so I find myself just content to read up here and try and apply what I learn.

So here I am once again looking for more advice if possible on my DH build. (especially you Dahbomb since all your points before helped me tremendously so thank you)

Hope this would spark some discussion on what is best in slot for my current DH build and potentially for other small variations.

Dude you have mostly great rolls on all BiS items what are you talking about lol. We have some differences but my DH is currently trying to maximize slots as well, but you're further along then I am.

-Helm: IMO I would try to get a Mara Helm there so you can roll Cluster Arrow %. IAS is nice but less critical for this build, and you ideally wouldn't be within enemy range to hit them with the Poison Nova effect anyway. Ideally try to get Dex/CC/CA/Socket on a Mara.
-Shoulders: This is where I'm stuck personally and this is probably the hardest slot to get ideal rolls since you want Dex/Vit/Sentry and then either AR or Cooldown Reduction, but it's super hard to get any 4 of those.
-Chest: Yours is practically identical to mine, and basically as good as you're ever going ot realistically get. I mean in theory you'd want melee or ranged % reduction instead of +XP, but yeah.
-Gloves: Yours are very good, but I would try to go for a Magefist though which would allow you to drop the the Andy helm and pick up a Maras, all things being equal you'll get more out of that.
-Ammy: Yours is pretty solid, ideally you'd want Dex or Average Damage (or even IAS) instead of the AR roll. The ranged % secondary on that ammy is nice but not worth keeping it just for that or anything. Try to get one with Fire/CHD/CC/Dex or Avg Damage.
-Bracers: Yours is pretty good. You could take a stab at trying to get one with higher dex and/or a better secondary, but that's probably low priority.
-Belt: That's a decent Witching Hour, mid-roll on the IAS and lowish on the CHD though, so if you need toughness you might do better with a String of Ears or a Harringtons (although Harringtons won't be as good come 2.1).
-Pants: Those are pretty good, again in theory you'd want AR instead of the Armor roll but much easier said then done.
-Boots: Again pretty good but ideally you'd want AR instead of MS%, again much easier said then done.
-Quiver: Also very good. In theory you could push all of the stats a bit higher and try for Max Disc if you're inclined as a secondary, but that's an all around good one.
-Rings: Both of yours are solid, again you could try to get ones with higher rolls on the stats but you've got the ideal stats on them.
-Nat Slayer: This is the only piece other than maybe the Andy helm that I would definitely question. If you're playing the Sentry build the only damage range that the Sentries pull from is the base damage range, which on your Nat is the 1286-2195. The overall DPS of the weapon isn't factored in since the Sentries are pulling from the base damage, your weapon DPS is also factored using attack speed of the weapon which is irrelevant for Sentries. You really need a 2H Crossbow here; they have per shot the highest DPS since they fire the slowest. If you find a good leg one that works, what a lot of people do though is craft Arcane Barbs since it's craftable and can roll just as high as any of the legs you can find. You can look at my DH here where I've crafted a nearly max damage Arcane Barb that has a base damage range of 2158-2652 which is an enormous improvement on your Nat Slayer. This is the only slot where I'd say replace it ASAP.

Skill-wise you're mostly fine; I would potentially recommend taking Healing Vapors on SS since you don't need Disc for much else on this build and you can spam it for healing if needed, or potentially try Vault. Passive-wise I would question why Grenadier is there; the 10% damage increase is neglible (I think it may be additive) as well as the grenade size increase, and I'm not sure that the size increase even works with LfB. I'd highly recommend picking up Awareness (for toughness) or almost anything else really.

JayHayabusa

Wasn't implying that I had sub par gear lol. Was just looking for further advice from all the smart minds in here. So thx for your response.

I acted on your remarks. Here is the updated build

The reason I swapped Mara Helm/ Magefist duo is cos I got a near perfect Mara gloves and the Andriel Helm Shows a +4% damage boost compared to the Mara Helm.

The Arcane Barb I got here is the best for now. Had to reroll socket on it though. I ll try and craft a better one later on. Is this even better that Natalya I previously had?

Looking at my sheet dps it dropped by around 200K-400k across the board lol but I need to learn to let go of paper dps :)

What do u think now MrDaravon? Better build?

Again thx a lot for ur help.

Edit: Yep. Seeing 45-55 miillion max critical hit per grenade with this update, whereas before was topping at 30 million.

MrDaravon

Wasn't implying that I had sub par gear lol. Was just looking for further advice from all the smart minds in here. So thx for your response.

I acted on your remarks. Here is the updated build

The reason I swapped Mara Helm/ Magefist duo is cos I got a near perfect Mara gloves and the Andriel Helm Shows a +4% damage boost compared to the Mara Helm.

The Arcane Barb I got here is the best for now. Had to reroll socket on it though. I ll try and craft a better one later on. Is this even better that Natalya I previously had?

Looking at my sheet dps it dropped by around 200K-400k across the board lol but I need to learn to let go of paper dps :)

What do u think now MrDaravon? Better build?

Again thx a lot for ur help.

Edit: Yep. Seeing 45-55 miillion max critical hit per grenade with this update, whereas before was topping at 30 million.

Yup, looking great! Yeah, sheet damage is something you really have to learn how to let go of, and I myself didn't even know about the sentries pulling only from the base damage range until like a week or two ago, I was using a Kridershot myself because of the sheet DPS until then. The helm switch winds up being better for you because the CA% boost on it is better than having the IAS on the Andys plus you gain a socket for either Vit or CDR; again you lose sheet dps but you come out on top practically speaking. That Arcane Barb is decent and I'm not surprised you're immediately seeing a big increase at all, I would probably make trying to roll an even higher one your first priority if you can. I got insanely lucky with mine, but you can probably push yours a little higher without too many tries. At this point I need to probably start trying to focus on getting some cooldown reduction, but I like not dying all the time in T6 and don't want to drop my Vit gem in my helm :(

Only thing I'm confused about is what/why is a secondary property on your helm re-rolled?

JayHayabusa

You and me both. Can't remember why I rolled a secondary. Was early on and wasn't sure what I was doing so facepalm! I also have a Kridershot with a secondary rerolled but that was a misclick double facepalm!! As for my witching hour realized after the fact that i better have rerolled the CD on it!
So it was really an unfortunate series of hurried wrong clicks :)

And I once salvaged a 20/10 IAS/CC with 14% sentry damage Rucksack by mistake...

I can go one but I ll stop now lol

Edit: Are u in the Gaf clan? If so How could I join? I am currently in the Giant Bomb one and it is pretty dead, basically only me playing. My battletag is JAYHAYABUSA #2672

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Look forward to the Diablo III: Ultimate Edition-thread that I'll be posting up very soon :) It'll be on Gaming Discussion!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yoshi is back? Again?

I totally frikkin wish I could play it (or D3 in general). But currently that's not possible... I am however making the thread and it's gonna be great :)!

MrDaravon

Yoshi is back? Again?

Yoshi was inside the house the whole time!

Also Celegus if you get on earlier tonight we can play so you can get sweet DH loot.

You and me both. Can't remember why I rolled a secondary. Was early on and wasn't sure what I was doing so facepalm! I also have a Kridershot with a secondary rerolled but that was a misclick double facepalm!! As for my witching hour realized after the fact that i better have rerolled the CD on it!
So it was really an unfortunate series of hurried wrong clicks :)

And I once salvaged a 20/10 IAS/CC with 14% sentry damage Rucksack by mistake...

I can go one but I ll stop now lol

Edit: Are u in the Gaf clan? If so How could I join? I am currently in the Giant Bomb one and it is pretty dead, basically only me playing. My battletag is JAYHAYABUSA #2672

I'm in the GAF clan but we're currently full up (few other posts recently from people wanting in). Ratticus is the clan head so you'd have to ask him, but last plan was to wait until after 2.1 launched to do another clan purge.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I totally frikkin wish I could play it (or D3 in general). But currently that's not possible... I am however making the thread and it's gonna be great :)!

What's going on, man?
When 2.1 hits we should all totally get back on Mumble like when RoS came out. It was so much fun!

Yoshichan

What's going on, man?
When 2.1 hits we should all totally get back on Mumble like when RoS came out. It was so much fun!
I know man, it was literally the peak of ARPGs for me. 2.0 was the greatest patch of all time and I've never had so much fun, straight up.

But things happened, and the only thing I can actually play nowadays is Hearthstone.

Yoshichan

If things somehow top a severed fingertip and other incredible developments, you have to tell me us GAF. The public wants to know. Needs to know.
Trust me, while my finger-story was (is?) entertaining to read about today, this one is not :(

Celegus

Yoshi was inside the house the whole time!

Also Celegus if you get on earlier tonight we can play so you can get sweet DH loot.

Around 8pm EST should be good for me, I'll try to hop on then! Maybe try out my freezybarb and not fry everyone's video cards.

MrDaravon

Around 8pm EST should be good for me, I'll try to hop on then! Maybe try out my freezybarb and not fry everyone's video cards.

Yeah, your Darklight build is crazy. Kind of a non-issue for Sentry DH's though since, framerate takes a dive but it doesn't matter practically. I should be around, I actually just got on. Finally decided to take the plunge and swap out my Vit gem in my helm for a Diamond and swapped out 2 of my 5 armor diamond gems for Dex. I actually tried going all 5 with dex but I would die if enemies looked at me. If I keep my AR gems in my chest and just swap out my pant AR gems for dex my survivability has been okay though, and there's a noticeable increase in my damage output and the extra cooldown is noticeable and nice.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I know man, it was literally the peak of ARPGs for me. 2.0 was the greatest patch of all time and I've never had so much fun, straight up.

But things happened, and the only thing I can actually play nowadays is Hearthstone.

Well, sad to hear you can't play anymore because of some sort of complication. I just thought you'd got bored of the game (as I did recently). Well, I hope we can play together again soon enough.

And that you'll have learned the definition of min-maxing by then.

Yoshichan

Well, sad to hear you can't play anymore because of some sort of complication. I just thought you'd got bored of the game (as I did recently). Well, I hope we can play together again soon enough.

And that you'll have learned the definition of min-maxing by then.
How could I have gotten bored? I was at the definition of 'peak' when it came to fun when I had to bail :lol

Regarding that word...

Z7RqNf8.png

jasonng

This probably will get frowned upon for promoting streams but I came across a quadriplegic who streams on Hardcore. His stream is new but it's interesting to see him play using a device call the Joust. Helps that he's a super nice guy too.

http://www.twitch.tv/nohandsken

Check him out. I've donated to help him get a new mic so he doesn't have to yell when he talks with chat. I think he wants to save up for Blizzcon too.

Dahbomb

Iirate I am at work right now but I posted that Monk build with 3-4 Sunwoko procs per second.

Basically the theory behind the build is that you are using Flying Dragon with WotHF and BoH Infused with Light combined with the new Epiphany Rune, Guardians Path, Sweeping Wind Inner Storm along with a few other things to buff up Spirit regen. Basically he is attacking with his WotFF while Epiphany and Infused with Light are always up then he is using Sweeping Wind and Mantra spam to activate clones (SW is expensive so its always proccing a clone). Since a SW activation has no animation he gets to be attacking with his generator while proccing SWK. He's also using the attack speed gems so that with Flying Dragon means he is attacking quitr fast and generating a ton of spirit from attacks alone (not counting passive regen).

The Spirit regen is so absurd that if you watch the video you will realize that he is mashing SW and Mantra as fast as he possibly can and he still does not run out of Spirit. Its really about how fast you can press SW + Mantra to generate the clone.

The guy who uses this build is GR 30 on Hardcore by the way.

Ayumi

36, 31 Demon Hunter
33, 28 Witch Doctor
32, 27 Crusader
30, 26 Barbarian
30, 23, Monk
29, 23, Wizard
Even though I have a 70 Barb and 70 Crus, I made a 70 DH last night. Aside from leveling the others, I have mainly played only Wizard. Even if the DH drops on that list, at least it isn't doing as bad as the Wizard. And I'm positive the Wiz will not surpass all those 3 classes either.

Really wanted to stick with Crusader, but I sadly find it very underwhelming and boring. :< So I'll try to focus on the DH for now ("Reaper of DH", anyone?).

What's going on, man?

Wasn't here for that, but I hope this patch will bring everyone together. You guys seem so great and I'd love to "hang out", doing cool stuff like Mumble and D3!
It helps to kill my shyness.

This probably will get frowned upon for promoting streams but I came across a quadriplegic who streams on Hardcore. His stream is new but it's interesting to see him play using a device call the Joust. Helps that he's a super nice guy too.

http://www.twitch.tv/nohandsken

Check him out. I've donated to help him get a new mic so he doesn't have to yell when he talks with chat. I think he wants to save up for Blizzcon too.

This is awesome. Goddamn. I'm gonna watch and donate too. I bet this guy could kick my ass in PvP!

Celegus

l bring everyone together. You guys seem so great and I'd love to "hang out", doing cool stuff like Mumble and D3!

Yoshi and friends are EU side, but I know the Mumble server was popping for a while after RoS launched on NA side too. I don't have a mic though, so I've never joined in.

How could I have gotten bored? I was at the definition of 'peak' when it came to fun when I had to bail :lol

Wait, something actually happened? I was out for a while with a broken foot (standing desk) recently... hope you get better Yoshi!

Dahbomb

BTW guys I am usually always on Skype while playing if you guys want to talk while play. Makes the Rift runs faster. I play on nights weekdays and almost all day weekends.

iirate

Iirate I am at work right now but I posted that Monk build with 3-4 Sunwoko procs per second.

Basically the theory behind the build is that you are using Flying Dragon with WotHF and BoH Infused with Light combined with the new Epiphany Rune, Guardians Path, Sweeping Wind Inner Storm along with a few other things to buff up Spirit regen. Basically he is attacking with his WotFF while Epiphany and Infused with Light are always up then he is using Sweeping Wind and Mantra spam to activate clones (SW is expensive so its always proccing a clone). Since a SW activation has no animation he gets to be attacking with his generator while proccing SWK. He's also using the attack speed gems so that with Flying Dragon means he is attacking quitr fast and generating a ton of spirit from attacks alone (not counting passive regen).

The Spirit regen is so absurd that if you watch the video you will realize that he is mashing SW and Mantra as fast as he possibly can and he still does not run out of Spirit. Its really about how fast you can press SW + Mantra to generate the clone.

The guy who uses this build is GR 30 on Hardcore by the way.

I haven't seen the video, but there is a global cooldown on both skills - you may not see it, but they won't activate as fast as you mash the button. I am curious to see what the uptime on Flying Dragon is now, I know it was close to 100% before the last patch, but it got nerfed pretty hard.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Wasn't here for that, but I hope this patch will bring everyone together. You guys seem so great and I'd love to "hang out", doing cool stuff like Mumble and D3!

You're welcome to join, though as Celegus said we're EU. Doesn't mean you can't hang out with us on the EU Mumble of course. It's actually a great way to overcome shyness, since most of us aren't native speakers in the first place. The more the merrier anyway.

Dahbomb

I haven't seen the video, but there is a global cooldown on both skills - you may not see it, but they won't activate as fast as you mash the button. I am curious to see what the uptime on Flying Dragon is now, I know it was close to 100% before the last patch, but it got nerfed pretty hard.
Here's the video, you can judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fW4QYQp_6ak&feature=youtu.be

And yea the Flying Dragon nerf was pretty bull shit but oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom