• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pompidu

So I redownloaded this game, needed a break from dota. I stopped playinga couple weeks after they introduced paragon levels. There a place that lists all the major changes since then?(not bug fixes etc..)

Crafting viable now?
They get rid of monster levels? I can't find it in the campaign menu no more.
Auction house gone?

ZenaxPure

So I redownloaded this game, needed a break from dota. I stopped playinga couple weeks after they introduced paragon levels. There a place that lists all the major changes since then?(not bug fixes etc..)

Crafting viable now?
They get rid of monster levels? I can't find it in the campaign menu no more.
Auction house gone?

I mean... Patch notes always list both major feature changes and bug fixes... That is your best bet for seeing all the changes that have happened, especially as it sounds like you haven't played in a long ass time.

But then that makes me wonder, do you even have the expansion? Because if you don't the only thing that has really changed for you is the various skill changes and loot 2.0.

Which means to answer your immediate questions: Yes crafting is viable, but only with the expansion at max level. Monster Power was replaced with Torment difficulties. Except there is 6 of them instead of 10 like MP. Auction House has been gone for months now.

The Cowboy

•Slow Time •Bug Fixes •Fixed an issue preventing players from having multiple Slow Time bubbles out at once
Yes!!!!, they actually put a fix in for it. Saints be praised, i can put on my slow time build again!!!!.

To the PTR i go, aww yes :D.

pompidu

I mean... Patch notes always list both major feature changes and bug fixes... That is your best bet for seeing all the changes that have happened, especially as it sounds like you haven't played in a long ass time.

But then that makes me wonder, do you even have the expansion? Because if you don't the only thing that has really changed for you is the various skill changes and loot 2.0.

Which means to answer your immediate questions: Yes crafting is viable, but only with the expansion at max level. Monster Power was replaced with Torment difficulties. Except there is 6 of them instead of 10 like MP. Auction House has been gone for months now.

Yeah I don't really want to wade through a bunch of paych notes, jusf looking for very major changes. Such as loot2.0. Seems not much has changed except for the loot(which after a few hours seems much better).

I do not have the expansion and probably won't in the future.

Celegus

Just read the latest PTR patch, Barb changes (Bloodthirst and CotA) sound pretty nice. The new Crusader set sounds potentially fun as well, curious how it will stack up to Akkhan. I have a pretty nice Golden Flense already. And I wouldn't have to look like a roided-up gorilla anymore!

"Let's see what changes are for Wiza--"

*reads notes*

giphy.gif

Guess I'll just go back to Serpent Sparker hunting.

ZenaxPure

CotA sound pretty nice.

Noooooo, don't say things like that. It seems like a nice change, until you scroll over to see that they also nerfed the duration by 10 seconds. I just find it really annoying because the change is an attempt to make the IK perma-ancient set bonus more appealing by making it harder to use them without it. Because as it is right now the "optimal" leap quake gear involves really high CDR (and even higher CDR for ancients with boon of bul-kathos) which means your ancients are up every time you need them (around a 1 minute or less cooldown).

By now I'm sure you're saying "But Zenax! Why does that matter if the damage got increased? Now they will just kill faster right? It balances out!" Well, sure, except that ancient damage on live right now is pretty much shit and the only reason they get used is because there is nothing else we can put into that slot (other than battle rage) because all of our other skills are poop. In 2.1 it might be less of an issue because we can use spenders again as filler for leap quake, but, it still doesn't change the fact this entire thing is to make the IK set bonus better by making it worse if you aren't using IK. I deeply loathe those types of changes.

And yes I realize I sound salty, it's only cause barb is my favorite class and I hate that all of our patch notes so far have been about changing shit that in reality doesn't actually do anything. I just don't understand their intentions at all and it makes me sad.

Celegus

Yeah I guess I'm okay with the duration change since I already use the IK set + leapquake. The bonus damage to them along with 2H weapons makes that sound like a more feasible option (and even moreso with Maximus fire chains working properly). It definitely is crappier if you're not using IK though, so I get what you're saying there.

Yea, I think I'm done.

I don't really see why the rifts can't be wave-based, my build has literally 1 change (back to Hydra), and I don't see any word of this changing, which means the only thing I could want would be a wand that's basically +1 Hydra. Nothing else is viable.

Oh well, been fun.

Ayumi

The more I read this thread and PTR notes, the more I realize I have salvaged too many items that I should have NOT salvaged...... fuck.

At least I kept the Vizier I got a day before reading the notes regarding it. :v

I don't salvage stuff anymore unless it's the same as I have, and trash. Or just stuff I'm 100% sure of is trash.

Into

Great changes for Barb's, especially the IK+EQ set i am playing. Glad i saved so much of my gear in case it becomes useful.

Though i would have liked if they tried to do more with WW+Sprint, perhaps buff Shards of Hate so that its a build that is competitive on some level. Its not something i would play, because i played that in Vanilla and i think Leapquake is much more fun for me.

Not sure what they are thinking with Wizards, but i stopped playing mine months ago and glad i did.

Dahbomb

The more I read this thread and PTR notes, the more I realize I have salvaged too many items that I should have NOT salvaged...... fuck.

At least I kept the Vizier I got a day before reading the notes regarding it. :v

I don't salvage stuff anymore unless it's the same as I have, and trash. Or just stuff I'm 100% sure of is trash.
Those Legendaries are not getting changed retroactively.

Only Set bonuses get changed retroactively and basic stat changes (like 2H buff and LoH/LPS buffs).

So that Vizier you kept is still going to be shit.

Dahbomb

Tested out new Monk attack speeds.

Flying Dragon is nerfed. It doesn't give double attack speed, it just gives you 100%+ attack speed now. Really bummed about this because it really hurts my WIP attack speed FoT build with Monk. No more 6-7 APS Monk anymore... :/

First two hits of FoT are definitely faster but proc is the same which is also a bit of a bummer. Still I will keep trying to go for the build in 2.1.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I've gotten over my default negative attitude against always-connected games, and Diablo 3 popped back on my radar. How do you guys feel about the game, what are the major cons of this game?

Celegus

I've gotten over my default negative attitude against always-connected games, and Diablo 3 popped back on my radar. How do you guys feel about the game, what are the major cons of this game?

The expansion is great and fixed a lot of the problems it had. Getting very close to Diablo 2 levels of good. The biggest cons are that it might consume all of your free time and waiting for patches kind of sucks.

Ayumi

Those Legendaries are not getting changed retroactively.

Only Set bonuses get changed retroactively and basic stat changes (like 2H buff and LoH/LPS buffs).

So that Vizier you kept is still going to be shit.

Ah, okay, thanks for letting me know. I'm in sore need of souls, lol. :3

Shifty76

The biggest cons are that it might consume all of your free time and waiting for patches kind of sucks.

Biggest con for me (by a mile) is that they completely screwed over monk as a class.

My 250k dps level 60 monk pre-RoS did similar edps to my 2m dps (as well as a bunch of +elite and +elemental dmg which didn't even exist pre-RoS) monk in RoS. That's just sad.

Celegus

Does 2.1 monk seem any better or is just a slightly different flavor of suck? My eyes just gloss over anything monk related.

Shifty76

Does 2.1 monk seem any better or is just a slightly different flavor of suck? My eyes just gloss over anything monk related.
I haven't tried the latest iteration, but every buff was accompanied with a corresponding nerf, so no real change in the dps department.
Spirit generation and toughness were both massively improved though.

With the furnace nerf I can't see many monks going past tier 30 in GRifts as our single target dps is just abysmal.

2.1 monk is far stronger than live monk though (excluding the obvious zdps build)

Aucool

Fellow gaffers, do you think that the digital deluxe edition will be discounted when the game will be out for xbox one and ps4? I would really try it, but it stills cost a lot :(

Celegus

Fellow gaffers, do you think that the digital deluxe edition will be discounted when the game will be out for xbox one and ps4? I would really try it, but it stills cost a lot :(

Don't see why they would. Blizz games are notorious for never dropping.

Dahbomb

If we exclude Exploding Palm then Monk's DPS is way better in 2.1 than on live, you just need very specific gear to push the damage higher.

Sunwoko set build is much better on 2.1 but Raiment set build is actually a bit worse now. Because of the stacking DoT on VTK and the new buffed GNK plus the big buff to Monk's spirit Regen and Vigilance belt. Monks have access to their own poor man's Firelight build now.

Brannon

Managed to get D3/Reaper for half off, and have tried a hardcore barbarian. I was doing pretty well (lv20) when the lag hit. And then the elites came, and I couldn't move at all. None of my commands would respond and my health was draining. So at the last minute I decide to quit out. I press Esc and a sound came from my keyboard.

Damn my battery's dead.

So I hastily move my mouse to the settings menu to get out that way. Right as I'm about to force exit, the mouse stops just short of the prompt. Red light flashes on the mouse.

Battery's dead there, too.

I fumble for my remote to get the batteries out and switch them, but it was too late.

Character's dead, too.

Damn that sucked. Well it was only level 20, but to lose to such circumstances... but there was nothing I could do, unless I pulled the ethernet cord..

god damn it

ah well, let's try this again! Hardcore Wizard on Hard, go!

Insaniac

Managed to get D3/Reaper for half off, and have tried a hardcore barbarian. I was doing pretty well (lv20) when the lag hit. And then the elites came, and I couldn't move at all. None of my commands would respond and my health was draining. So at the last minute I decide to quit out. I press Esc and a sound came from my keyboard.

Damn my battery's dead.

So I hastily move my mouse to the settings menu to get out that way. Right as I'm about to force exit, the mouse stops just short of the prompt. Red light flashes on the mouse.

Battery's dead there, too.

I fumble for my remote to get the batteries out and switch them, but it was too late.

Character's dead, too.

Damn that sucked. Well it was only level 20, but to lose to such circumstances... but there was nothing I could do, unless I pulled the ethernet cord..

god damn it

ah well, let's try this again! Hardcore Wizard on Hard, go!

lol seems like the fates were against you

Dahbomb

2.1 builds round up. Here are some of the stuff people have been playing on the new 2.1 PTR patch.

New Crusader Set Roland build with Shield Bash/Shield Glare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA3PR3H-_wk

Destroying T6 with this new set. RG down in 5 seconds. This is not even optimized gear. At least Akkan has some competition now (maybe).

Nirvana-esque Monk Holy Bell + SWK build

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ev-vnVQYms&feature=youtu.be

Decent T6 build, probably can make it up to GR 30. The new Transcendance skill allows for a ton of survivability while surviving and of course the damage from the Bells has been increased including Spirit regen buffs and attack speed buffs. Too bad about the Flying Dragon nerf (STILL salty about that shit...).

Lightning Raekor + Perma CotA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Lo_iVHXf0

This is kinda old but recently someone make up to 39 GR with it. The crowd control is absolutely INSANE with this build and it actually out performs the Monk Raiment set because of the CC (even though it does less burst damage). Some people are saying this is even better in the new patch so I thought I would put some attention to it.

Note: Better to use Strongarm Bracers than Reapers Wraps for this build.

Wizard Starpact Meteor w/ Tal Rasha/Vyrs build

Build 1:

http://youtu.be/u1eSYpaQuWE

Starpact with the Tal Rasha's set. Standard stuff only you use Shock Pulse plus Conduit to build up AP real fast so you can cast max damage Starpacts more often.

Build 2:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bPYmSO!ZbTR!YZccbc

Utilizing the new Wizard item Swami plus the Vyr set for the Archon. The Archon gives additional damage after the state is over after which you can unleash the Meteor for BIG damage. And when I mean big I mean in the BILLIONS!

zzAXEzx.jpg

Probably will see someone try to use the build with the Grand Vizier soon.

Not much to report for DHs other than the new Immolation Arrow is actually pretty damn good and the synergy with Buriza is absurd. Each piece of the arrow leaves its own pools and the DoT stacks so you can have like 1215% weapon damage potentially off of two pierces off of one Immolation Shot. Also Sentries can proc knockbacks now with the Spitfire turret rune so bust out those Strongarm Bracers and Haunts of Vaxos!

I played PTR for 2 days. Monks are still the worst class in the game but at least now they have two of their many problems fixed... they can actually survive high levels and they don't have problems with Spirit/resources. Playing efficient with Monk requires a lot of weird ass builds and playstyles.

Class probably needs an additional design but they did got a few things right and that was the passives, the defense, better build/skill diversity and the resource management. Now they just need to add another resource spender that is not ass, buff the other spenders and fix the sets.... oh and please remember that Shenlong actually exists in the game.

Gonna pick up the PS4 version in a little over a week and was thinking about classes already. I'm going to have one "main" mostly solo class and one side class I play in local 2 player co-op. For the main one I usually prefer melee in loot whire games and was leaning towards the Barbarian or maybe Monk. Crusader seems only so so and I'm probably going to go for a Demon Hunter or maybe Wizard for the 2 player one. Any advice? I really don't care about balance as long as one class isn't complete crap, and I usually enjoy faster paced yet resilient classes.

Also, about how long does it take to get to level 70 without powerleveling? Thanks.

MrMuscle

I have been playing alot of D3 on the PC since release and i think i will double dip and get it on the PS4 as well. Right now its the only game i can find that keeps my Destiny withdrawal at bay. Crusader is my class, i got 3 lvl 70 now, just because i prefer playing the story over the adventure stuff. Definately jumping straight into a Crusader on the PS4 as well.

For those that play it on the PS3, how does it control? Ive been dreaming of playing it with a controller natively, so i hope it feels good.

Ayumi

One day, I will go to an anime/game convention dressed up as Kadala.
Then I'm gonna walk around and tell people "I've seen better."

People who find my blood shards lying around on the floor will be able to gamble!
Then I will give them a cute card of their wanted item. I'm gonna print out screenshots of perfect rolled (photoshopped, obviously, as no such thing exist) items (the most wanted ones).

And for those (probably 1000 people) who will come up to me and call me a bitch (WHERE IS MY SOJ, WHERE IS MY SOH), I'll look them in the eyes and tell them:

"You look like you could use a new item of, ah, yellow shitty loot."

ZenaxPure

Gonna pick up the PS4 version in a little over a week and was thinking about classes already. I'm going to have one "main" mostly solo class and one side class I play in local 2 player co-op. For the main one I usually prefer melee in loot whire games and was leaning towards the Barbarian or maybe Monk. Crusader seems only so so and I'm probably going to go for a Demon Hunter or maybe Wizard for the 2 player one. Any advice? I really don't care about balance as long as one class isn't complete crap, and I usually enjoy faster paced yet resilient classes.

Also, about how long does it take to get to level 70 without powerleveling? Thanks.

The first is a hard question to answer because a) I have no idea how serious you are going to try and play the game and b) I'm still slightly confused on what version of the game console owners are getting exactly at launch. In regards to (a), both monk and barbarian work as melee classes fine, but at the endgame on the highest difficulty both classes turn into kiting classes where you are using a skill typically used for mobility as your primary damage dealer (unless you are doing support monk, but that doesn't work solo without a bunch of absurdly rare items). I also am still unsure how both of those abilities are going to work with a controller since they require precision aiming with the mouse to work perfectly. My main point though is, if you are picking a melee class because you want to always be in the action smashing enemies in the face both monk and barbarian fail completely and utterly hard in that regard. Right now both classes are all about doing drive by attacks and then running away until they can swoop back in for another hit. But, like I said before, that only applies to the classes if you plan on trying to get the best gear and doing the higher difficulties, both classes still work great as melee until that point.

Anyway, in regards to (b), the issues above will be less problematic if the console version is launching with any of the 2.1 class changes, but, I really don't know about that because I don't keep up with the console version of the game. In 2.1 both classes will have builds available that make them feel a bit more like proper melee classes.

As for leveling to 70 I honestly can't answer that, I doubt a lot of people in this thread can. Your XP rate is based on what difficulty you are playing on and I'd say a fair amount of us in this thread went into the expansion with really good gear and XP boosting items so we blazed from 60 to 70 really quickly. I have no experience leveling a character from 0 to max in RoS without using stuff like XP boosting items and playing in adventure mode because it's more XP than the story.

Xanathus

Akkan set is much better. Much more flexibility in the type of builds you can do.

With Rolands you are restricted to just a Shield Bash build as it's an all in Shield Bash set.

I think Blizz just wants there to be 2 tiers of set items for all classes where one is better than the other, like how Zuni is (currently?) so much worse compared to Jade.

Jedi2016

Akkan set is much better. Much more flexibility in the type of builds you can do.

With Rolands you are restricted to just a Shield Bash build as it's an all in Shield Bash set.
Akkhan's set is based entirely on Akarat's Champion, I fail to see the difference. I don't use Akarat's Champion, so that set is actually pretty worthless to me. Roland's is actually a lot more useful, since I do use Shield Bash.

Frankly, it's nice to see something in the game that doesn't automatically assume I'm using just one particular build.

ZenaxPure

Akkhan's set is based entirely on Akarat's Champion, I fail to see the difference. I don't use Akarat's Champion, so that set is actually pretty worthless to me. Roland's is actually a lot more useful, since I do use Shield Bash.

Frankly, it's nice to see something in the game that doesn't automatically assume I'm using just one particular build.

Errrrrr, I think you are missing the point. The new set focuses on a spender ability which means you ALWAYS have to use that one ability which limits your build into one specific direction because builds almost always only use 1 main damage dealing spender ability. Akkhan on the other hand focuses on a cooldown ability instead of a spender meaning you can have a variety of other skills. We already see this as a reality through Firestarter and Holy Shotgun, both of which use champion, but the rest of the used skills are different (though both tend to use taunt for wrath generation).

Unlike this new set Akkhan will continue to have more diverse different playing builds as long as blizzard keeps adding other weapons/shields that grant bonuses to other abilities (in particular spenders).

We've had this discussion before actually, but, that makes Akkhan too good really. The set is so flexible that you will ALWAYS want to use it no matter what and the only way they are going to get away from that is by nerfing it (which I doubt will happen) or introduce new sets like this one.

Just because the Akkhan set uses champion doesn't mean all the builds are the same (they are all different outside of the one cooldown). That will never happen with this new set (which isn't a bad thing really).

Jedi2016

Except if Champion isn't on your bar, in which case Akkan's set is worthless except for the +500 Strength.

See, I'm one of those players that plays what I want because I like playing it that way. I don't play builds that people say I'm "supposed" to use because I don't find them fun. I've tried quite a few of them since this game launched, on multiple characters, and no "popular" build ever felt as good as my own builds, and I don't give a shit that I'm doing a few percent less dps. I'm still running T1 just fine in shit gear on my Crusader.

ZenaxPure

Except if Champion isn't on your bar, in which case Akkhan's set is worthless except for the +500 Strength.

And...? No one was trying to argue that. His only point was that Akkhan is flexible because you can use a variety of different builds with it. That will not be possible with this new set.

You seem to think a "build" is one skill, it is not, it is all 6 of your skills and how they work together. The core of every build in this game is a single damage dealing ability, which takes up 1 skill slot. The other 5 skills are used to make that ability better. Since Akkhan does not focus on a damage dealing ability it gives you the freedom to use the 5 skill slots anyway you want which means there is an endless amount of builds that can emerge from it (such as Firestarter and Shotgun). On the other hand this new set is the opposite and focuses on making one damage dealing ability which means that eventually people will suss out what the optimal supporting abilities will be for the build and it will become the one and only build you use with that set. If you need proof just look at every other set in the game that focuses on a specific ability, this is how all of them work.

Basically, there is no such thing as a "Akkhan Build," there are simply builds that use use Akkhan to make them better, but, there is absolutely going to be a "Roland Build."

As for your second point I don't understand how that is relevant to the point you were trying to make, but I'm happy for you I guess. Keep playing the game how you want.

The first is a hard question to answer because a) I have no idea how serious you are going to try and play the game and b) I'm still slightly confused on what version of the game console owners are getting exactly at launch. In regards to (a), both monk and barbarian work as melee classes fine, but at the endgame on the highest difficulty both classes turn into kiting classes where you are using a skill typically used for mobility as your primary damage dealer (unless you are doing support monk, but that doesn't work solo without a bunch of absurdly rare items). I also am still unsure how both of those abilities are going to work with a controller since they require precision aiming with the mouse to work perfectly. My main point though is, if you are picking a melee class because you want to always be in the action smashing enemies in the face both monk and barbarian fail completely and utterly hard in that regard. Right now both classes are all about doing drive by attacks and then running away until they can swoop back in for another hit. But, like I said before, that only applies to the classes if you plan on trying to get the best gear and doing the higher difficulties, both classes still work great as melee until that point.

Anyway, in regards to (b), the issues above will be less problematic if the console version is launching with any of the 2.1 class changes, but, I really don't know about that because I don't keep up with the console version of the game. In 2.1 both classes will have builds available that make them feel a bit more like proper melee classes.

As for leveling to 70 I honestly can't answer that, I doubt a lot of people in this thread can. Your XP rate is based on what difficulty you are playing on and I'd say a fair amount of us in this thread went into the expansion with really good gear and XP boosting items so we blazed from 60 to 70 really quickly. I have no experience leveling a character from 0 to max in RoS without using stuff like XP boosting items and playing in adventure mode because it's more XP than the story.
PS4 version is launching with 2.0.5 I think, although Blizz said they're going to have post-launch support on it. Is Crusader a more viable melee option overall then? And if not, would you consider Monk or Barbarian to be better/more fun?

Edit: Also, how does re-speccing work?

Jedi2016

Basically, there is no such thing as a "Akkhan Build," there are simply builds that use use Akkhan to make them better, but, there is absolutely going to be a "Roland Build."
The problem with a "Roland Build" is that Shield Bash is too damn expensive to use repeatedly. I use it quite a bit, but mostly as an opener (using the dash) and a finisher. It's not my core skill, either, and I don't plan on making it that.

I'm not arguing the point of flexibility, the original comment I was responding to seemed to imply that Roland was completely worthless in comparison to Akkhan, probably because Dahbomb doesn't use Shield Bash. I was simply replying that I don't use Champion, therefore Akkhan is just as worthless to me as Roland is to him.

ZenaxPure

PS4 version is launching with 2.0.5 I think, although Blizz said they're going to have post-launch support on it. Is Crusader a more viable melee option overall then? And if not, would you consider Monk or Barbarian to be better/more fun?

I feel like I should stress again (because it needs the emphasis) that when I say melee I mean a character that is right in the action using melee attacks and hitting dudes really hard and stuff. All 3 of the classes are completely and totally viable, it's just in the current endgame state of the game it's hard to consider barbarians or monks a "melee" class. If you need a visual aid here is a video of the barbarian and one of the monk that shows what I am talking about. Note how they both just drop off a single attack and then run away until they drop off the next, that is where the majority of their damage comes from. I think all 3 are fun, but, I don't want to trick anyone by saying "barbarian is my favorite!" and then they get disappointed when they are just jumping up and down then running around in circles until they can jump up and down again.

But again, though, to emphasize, that only applies if your plan is to actually chase down the best gear in the game and work up the difficulties, those videos are representative of how your time will be with those two classes in the current build of the game. If you just want to play casually for fun, you can get by on lower difficulties using whatever the fuck you want really.

As for respeccing, you can change skills/points anytime you want outside of combat, simple as that really.

Dahbomb

Akkan is a support skill not a primary damage skill. That is to say you can't kill enemies with just Akkan... you have to use other skills like Fires of Heaven or Fist of Heaven to actually do damage.

The Roland set restricts you to using Shield Bash as your damage dealer... that is it. Akkan set allows you to use 3-4 different types of damage skills.

And I never said the Roland set was "shit" or "worthless".... it just lacks the flexibility of the Akkan set. The Roland set is still much better than all of the Monk sets which are even more limiting in their usage (at least Roland set doesn't restrict the type of weapons you can use....).

Like for example the Lightning set.... Let's not even get to how terrible the 4 set bonus is but the 6 set bonus is severely limiting.

It limits the type of element you can use meaning you ALWAYS have to use Lightning element with that set. Unlike stuff like Raekor, Earthquake, Rolands... you are restricted in your element and thus your gear. Furthermore the buff only applies to one skill and the skill is not attached to your resource in addition you can't buff the damage of the proc directly by adding skill (like adding Dashing Strike damage to gear does jack shit to the lightning proc of the set). Then in order to use the skill semi reliably you have to use the Jawbreaker weapon. This means that every Raiment set Monk has the exact same build because it's such a restricting set. Nevermind the playstyle which is dumb as hell.

The Sunwoko set is slightly less restricting than the Raiment set but is still pretty limiting. The set revolves around two restrictions.... a Daibo weapon and Holy element. This means that you are forced into a specific element and then further restricted into your weapon type. In reality there are like only 3 Daibos that are usable to some degree with the Sunwoko set (FoE, WoL Daibo and FD). And the whole set revolves around using a proc just like the Raiment meaning you can't directly buff the damage of that either.

Inna's set is really just a support set and doesn't lead to anything notable either. Usually it's used to mix and match with the Sunwoko set as they are both 4 and 4 bonuses (RROG makes it a 6 piece requirement, easily attainable as there is little overlap in gear). Can't use Inna's 4 piece with the Raiment set not that it would matter.

Also if we are talking about overpowered sets then I have to bring up Marauder 6 piece because I think this set is over powered as fuck. This is what Marauder does when a DH gets it:

*Effectively quadruples the damage output of a DH. A single Sentry is able to dish out equivalent damage to a decent DH because the Sentry +% damage and the Cluster Arrow +% damage all add up. You can have 4-5 Sentries up at one time and the DH has to do absolutely jack shit other than use Smoke Screen to make sure they don't get killed.

*Completely nullifies any reason to be mindful of resource management. The Sentries don't have any resource management of their own so they can fire non stop.

*Sentries have essentially perfect aim (although they don't have perfect unit selection of course) meaning they will always hit their intended target and they will hit anything that moves so their reaction times are better than a human.

*Sentries are completely invincible. Unlike the WDs or even the DHs own Companions... Sentries cannot be targetted or killed meaning they are on the battlefield until their duration runs out (which is a lot) or if the DH is killed.

*With the combination of Companions and Sentries, the EHP of the DH shoots way up and is able to beat T6 with ease having shit for defense essentially. Since you are rarely in harms way you can defeat content far above your gear should normally allow. In 2.1 the addition of Cold Marauder makes the defensive ability of this set even more astounding.

*There is a lot of silly stuff associated with the Marauder and Sentries particularly the Spitfire rune. Currently in 2.1 the Spitfire procs the Knockback effect of Strongarms giving the damage bonus as well.

Sigmaah

Roland might be beat, I heard the weapon the guy was using is bugged so that's why he's doing that much damage? If so, THAT'S BEAT AS FUCK.

Dahbomb

Roland might be beat, I heard the weapon the guy was using is bugged so that's why he's doing that much damage? If so, THAT'S BEAT AS FUCK.
I think he said so in the video too (it's the Heart Slaughter weapon) so we will see what happens with that.

Insaniac

woooooo! the only item I have wanted finally dropped for my lightning mage! it only took 370lvls. I dont even care about the rolls haha

3twswV4l.png

I don't want to burst your bubble, cause I was the same way when I first saw this ring, and mine actually rolled with 6% crit, but the stun proc on Wyrdward is near garbage as the % chance is based on the proc rate of the spell being used. So for example your ring has a 15% chance to stun, if you use a spell with a 50% proc rate, then the stun chance is actually 15% of of 50, so 7.5% chance to stun. Now, there are not many wizard spells that have a 50% proc rate (the only exception I can think of is charged bolt, which is not a worthwhile spell IMO)

Bottom line is, don't expect anything amazing, you're 99% of the time better off using one of the better rings like Unity, RORG, or SoJ

That being said, you can play how you want, this is simply a PSA on how the ring works and why it sucks (and why I wish blizz would change it)

Wickwire

I don't want to burst your bubble, cause I was the same way when I first saw this ring, and mine actually rolled with 6% crit, but the stun proc on Wyrdward is near garbage as the % chance is based on the proc rate of the spell being used. So for example your ring has a 15% chance to stun, if you use a spell with a 50% proc rate, then the stun chance is actually 15% of of 50, so 7.5% chance to stun. Now, there are not many wizard spells that have a 50% proc rate (the only exception I can think of is charged bolt, which is not a worthwhile spell IMO)

Bottom line is, don't expect anything amazing, you're 99% of the time better off using one of the better rings like Unity, RORG, or SoJ

That being said, you can play how you want, this is simply a PSA on how the ring works and why it sucks (and why I wish blizz would change it)

Its all good. I only play this wizard for t1 bounties and gold farming anyway. so I just equip him with the gear that's all about lightning and gold find. I use my arcane wizard for any real farming. Im just happy an item Ive wanted for so long finally dropped. Now I just need the velvet Camaral.

MrDaravon

Hey Dahbomb after you got off the very next rift was the exact same crazy huge shitty one, but this one had nothing but Corrupted Angel/Anarch elites, most of which were Illusionist and/or Shielding. It took me like 30 minutes to get to the RG, probably died like 20 times.

Also unrelated, but there was a hilariously insane person in the RIF chat I was in tonight, I played for a full hour or longer than I intended just because I was dying laughing at this guy. I screenshotted a few things, but I can't post any of them because he was using words that are banned here. He started out completely losing his mind at someone who he felt didn't open and should have even though it was the host....and it only got better from there. When I just got off every time someone was posting in the chat with whatever the stipulation was (you open, lowest opens, etc) he would just immediately post saying "no". It was fucking great. Also saw someone with the clan tag of MOIST which is pretty good.

ZenaxPure

Hey Dahbomb after you got off the very next rift was the exact same crazy huge shitty one, but this one had nothing but Corrupted Angel/Anarch elites, most of which were Illusionist and/or Shielding. It took me like 30 minutes to get to the RG, probably died like 20 times.

I wish they'd do something about Corrupted Angels, It didn't matter in vanilla because stacking an element wasn't a thing most people did (and also I guess more importantly who the fuck was doing Act 4 for anything ever?) but I absolutely hate running into them now on any character that isn't my wizard.

I wish they'd do something about Corrupted Angels, It didn't matter in vanilla because stacking an element wasn't a thing most people did (and also I guess more importantly who the fuck was doing Act 4 for anything ever?) but I absolutely hate running into them now on any character that isn't my wizard.

They're royal pains.

Did some more experimenting today with my sets, and basically got pretty lucky, A Tal Rasha's with 100% CHD dropped...and I decided to try a socket first. Stuck a few gems in it and the 30% Primary skills is pretty nice, but the Lightning Conduit gem + MM/MB + Tal Rasha's Meteor's is terrifying crowd control and crazy damage. You can literally stick any CC skill you want as the second skill. BH/Meteor/Blizzard/Hydra all work well.

I did all 25 bounties, never died, never was in danger of dying, nothing. It's insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom