• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi

What makes you think I'm a console gamer for this?
Sorry, it was just the photo you posted with tons of Xbox/PS games. ( ´;д;` )

You can add me, if you want! But I think I'd be the worst to play with due to timezones, depending on your schedule.

StMeph

Yeah, it looks like if you have max in:
helm (25)
shoulder (8)
gloves (8)
weapon (8)
shield (8)
paragon (10)

you only need about 6 more from rings, ammy or the new belt.

Is the target for CDR% really that high for full AC uptime? 73%? I thought 55% was enough for full?

Dahbomb

Is the target for CDR% really that high for full AC uptime? 73%? I thought 55% was enough for full?
The CDR scales so even though if you add up your CDR on gear it will be 80%, it will show up as around 50% on your gear which is what it actually is. The higher you go the harder it is to add more CDR on your character.

Otherwise it would be possible to have 100% CDR with some new gems in 2.1.

The key thing is that each piece reduces from you current cool-down value. So. if the cool-down time is normally 100sec., with 10% reduction it is now 90sec. If you add another 10%, it is 10% of 90, which brings you to 81sec for a total CDR of actually 19%, not 20%.

It's not very intuitive in the game.

StMeph

The CDR scales so even though if you add up your CDR on gear it will be 80%, it will show up as around 50% on your gear which is what it actually is. The higher you go the harder it is to add more CDR on your character.

Otherwise it would be possible to have 100% CDR with some new gems in 2.1.

The key thing is that each piece reduces from you current cool-down value. So. if the cool-down time is normally 100sec., with 10% reduction it is now 90sec. If you add another 10%, it is 10% of 90, which brings you to 81sec for a total CDR of actually 19%, not 20%.

It's not very intuitive in the game.

Ah, thanks, I see. Guess I'll have to live with a few seconds of downtime for AC. Not sure it's worth the diminishing returns.

Dahbomb

There will apparently be a major stream tomorrow regarding 2.1.

I am expecting a release date for it. Hopefully some hints for the future as well.

Sigmaah

After playing the console version, yep this game was deff made to be played on console. PC is still my main place to play it tho.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Since joining the NeoGaf clan is in limbo right now before 2.1, my username is: JAYHAYABUSA #2672

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

If some nice people on here want to add me as a friend, go ahead.

Ready to run t6 bounties, farm keys and t6 rifts.

Hope to see u there.

Will add you later.

Yesterday i had one of the best drops for my crusader.

1C3K2az.png

Can't wait for 2.1 so i can reroll the socket to CDR and applied the new item of the vault, whose give a socket.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Did adventure mode all the way from like level 66 -.-

Just did a few rifts etc..and what is this community you speak of?

My profile: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Sarcasm-1161/hero/50768812

The communities are where people make rifts and then shout for people to join in.

Usually the lower paragon or the last one to join open the next rift and then leave game/party.

You join the rifts for drops and shards, plus T6 rift completion are 63M.

Also you should join Crusader March, is a Loot Share community for crusaders, good to get equip.

Dahbomb

Some blue made a post on the forums regarding some "design philosophies" of patch 2.1.

I am sorry but that has to be the longest yet most useless post I have ever seen. I really hope tomorrow's stream isn't going to be retreading these "design philosophies" over and over again.

ZenaxPure

I am sorry but that has to be the longest yet most useless post I have ever seen. I really hope tomorrow's stream isn't going to be retreading these "design philosophies" over and over again.

If it's anything like the past few streams they've done (where they just played the game and hung out basically) it was mostly just them tossing ideas around more than anything. According to the announcement though they will be answering questions people submit, so it's unknown what we will get out of this I think.

Personally I'm going to skip the stream and just read the diablofans notes.

Dahbomb

Can't wait to hear what they have to say about gems and grifts. Some are good, most are whack.
Right as I made a post apparently there was another Blue post where they said that Greater Rift Trials will allow you to skip 6 waves at a time if you clear quickly. This will definitely make it smoother to go into the Rift you should be.

There really isn't much to be said about GRifts and Gems. Gems previously were supposed to be this absurdly strong, infinitely upgradeable items but Blizzard has since made a 180 on it. That's because it was clear at the start that gems would've been 100% mandatory in Jewelry so much so that a single gem would have ridiculous impact on a character strength (when one gem is doing the bulk of the damage of a character you know something is wrong). Eventually they had to scale back the gems to a point where making the choice between a gem and 100% CHD or 10% CC is actually something that you have to consider. I would say that right now Gems are still mandatory on Rings just like how Emeralds are mandatory on weapons but for Amulets you can definitely get away with not having a Gem in your amulet. The only exception is if you have one of those 5 affix amulets or if you manage to get a perfect 4 stat amulet and you roll the main stat into socket (EXTREMELY rare to do that).

As far as GRifts are concerned, I feel like they have to make better efforts to minimize the randomness. Right now on the Leaderboards it's actually very close among the top ranks... Monks lowest at 37, WDs at 38, Barb/Wizard 39 and Cru/DH at 40. Many Monk players have said that if they get good mob density they can break 38 and be in line with the rest of the class. Likewise the Crusader guy who got 40 kinda got lucky with his density and was able to break it. Also mob types has also been an issue. Enemies like Corrupted Angels have been a huge pain in the ass on GRs. Any enemy that you are forced to skip because of type just to make the timer needs to be checked again.

The thing I want to be addressed the most is the Monk Lightning set. It's now completely irrelevant thanks to SWK being very strong. Blizzard has to talk about that set now because it is absolutely ridiculous that a 4 piece set is vastly out performing a 6 piece set. That set needs a complete overhaul and while I don't expect it to be changed in 2.1 they need to think about changing it for some future patch. Even a hint would be nice at this point.

Dahbomb

Double posting but important.

I was randomly playing 2.1 PTR right now and they completely hot fixed the Greater Trials now.

Trails now go up faster depending on how fast you clear them... I was up to 30+ wave in no time. And the wave you finish at you get the key for like 4 less than that so I cleared wave 32 and I got token for 29. This all happened pretty quickly so this is going to make getting back into GR action much, much better now.

An excellent all around change.

Double posting but important.

I was randomly playing 2.1 PTR right now and they completely hot fixed the Greater Trials now.

Trails now go up faster depending on how fast you clear them... I was up to 30+ wave in no time. And the wave you finish at you get the key for like 4 less than that so I cleared wave 32 and I got token for 29. This all happened pretty quickly so this is going to make getting back into GR action much, much better now.

An excellent all around change.

That is an amazing change. Saves sooooo much time compared to when we were getting a GR24 token at wave 35.

Shifty76

They won't be enough alone, but both rings probably don't need CDR depending on your other gear.

Try out this site with the gear you have: http://bluecubic.com/cdr.html

Enter 45 for the skill duration and you want to get to 20 for new skill duration for 100% uptime.

A much more user friendly too for calculating CDR can be found on BoG: http://bannedofgamers.com/index.php?cdr/

It lists all skills for all classes and will tell you your exact cooldown length based on your CDR input on each piece of gear

So at 70..salvage everything right?

Not necessarily, no.

Amulet
Rings

Depending on the roles for items you have on those slots, it may be a long, long time before you find something that is a straight-up upgrade. I'm *still* using this on my Arcane Wizard:

rPWI57l.png

I've had it for a year and and I give no fucks. Until I find a better Moonlight, it will be THE amulet I equip for my Arcane builds.

Same goes for rings. If you have near-perfect rolls on a 60-69 yellow ring, it will probably be quite some time before you find a meaningful upgrade. Everything else should be able to be upgraded within the first few hours of level 70 play.

Popnbake

Sorry if this was already posted, but wanted to throw in there that D3 and RoS are $20 each at Best Buy next week. And I may jump on that price. Sadly, I only have one friend to play with lol.

BvfrKLkCQAA4HUS.jpg

Do you have to buy both to get the savings deal or can you just buy RoS for $20?

I want a Nats Ring so I can keep the Nats and Mauraders bonus and have my Kridershot build.
Alternatively I'll also be able to switch to my current build but use my T+T's and still get the Nats and Mauraders bonus. Aww yeaaa.

Just some build flexibility I get bored playing the same builds.

Dahbomb

"Well Barbs get a 2nd life ability like the other class?"

Wyatt: "NOPE!"

Their idea to fix Block percentages/amount is pretty good. It would make Shields pretty good but it would also make Crusaders even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom