• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iirate

Well since Diablo twitter asked the question
https://twitter.com/Diablo/status/501704378257260544

Gaf, what's your first seasonal character you are doing? Think I might do a crusader or dh...not sure

Monk. It's all I know at this point. The plan is to see how far I can go with no-gen fire(SFK/GNK/Shen's). I know it's not very good, but not much is right now and I enjoy the playstyle. If I end up playing Sunwuko's with the rest of the sane monks, it'll probably be some TR variation.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Double post but I checked the Leaderboards again today before they went down.

Crusaders and DHs are the only two classes to have crossed the 40 GR barrier.

Barb = 39 - 1
Barb = 37 - 1
Barb = 36 - 6
Barb = 35 - 2

Crusader = 40 - 1
Crusader = 38 - 2
Crusader = 37 - 3
Crusader = 36 - 6
Crusader = 35 - 8

DH = 40 - 2
DH = 39 - 3
DH = 38 - 12
DH = 37 - 8
DH = 36 - 31

Monk = 36 - 3
Monk = 35 - 5
Monk = 34 - 14
Monk = 33 - 10

WD = 38 - 2
WD = 37 - 1
WD = 35 - 4
WD = 34 - 4
WD = 33 - 10

Wizard = 39 - 1
Wizard = 37 - 5
Wizard = 36 - 13
Wizard = 35 - 23
Wizard = 34 - 30

Looks like one class was able to touch Demon Hunters and two classes are on the cusp as well.

Looks like wizards aren't as crappy as they used to be. Good.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Judging by that list, wizard seems to be the most used class? That seems pretty crazy. I'm very excited to try mine out with Firebird's.

Well, they used to be the best class along with barbs, and they're a legacy D2 class that was already popular back then (again, like barbs). Also for a time after RoS came out many builds and variations of builds became viable.

I mean, I still play my wizard mainly just because I was so invested in it in the first place. The crusader has been a nice change of pace though.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Aha, turns out Gromph was the one who had the animated monk avatar I remembered from like 5 OTs ago, and on top of that there were a bunch more in that style he had saved on imgur. Behold!

Monk
5jdZS.gif

Wiz
PY1Gj.gif

DH
lp6VD.gif

WD
J0ZwL.gif

Barb
zD03i.gif

Dahbomb

Worth noting that the #1 monk has 3 lvl 50+ gems, including a 170+ smite gem which is doing the bulk of his dmg.
It's the same for most of the classes. You can look at the DHs who are at 40, they have like level 155 Enforcer gems and shit.

My guess is that the new Season + Leaderboard wipe is supposed to correct this. Right now these Legacy gems are skewering the results and balancing.

Just dinged 70 a couple of days ago. Are these special gems in the game now or on the PTR?

And what are these GR? I know about the regular Neph ones. I guess I need like an end game progression chart.

Dahbomb

Just dinged 70 a couple of days ago. Are these special gems in the game now or on the PTR?

And what are these GR? I know about the regular Neph ones. I guess I need like an end game progression chart.
Legendary Gems are only available in Greater Rifts which are only available in 2.1/PTR.

The progression chart is generally speaking you want to get your gear up to T6 level and then start attempting GRs. You can also attempt GRs before that and acquire the gems but you want to be able to clear GR 25 (that's T6 Rift in under 15 mins) to be able to upgrade gems past lvl25 which is where they start to get pretty good.

Loot is best in Rifts, both normal and greater are fine for gear. Although past a certain point it's not worth doing GRs for the loot... you aren't getting more loot despite playing at difficulties equivalent to T8 or more.

If 2.1 really is out soon, then that sucks for WDs.

2.1 for WD summed up
Ceremonial dagger (season, soul harvest stack up to 10x).

DH for comparison
Leonine Bow of Hashir (season)
Wojahnni Assaulter (new, +%rapid fire)
Flint Ripper Arrowheads (new, ball lightning travels 50% slower)
Another quiver not listed (new, chakram into generator)
Balefire Caster (+%fire)
Etrayu (+%cold)
Uskang (+%lightning)
Marauder 6pc sentry APS fix
Natalyas set buffed
Shadow set buffed

I'm glad I have full sets for all classes except monk to play with. That is just for items. WD got sacrifice change and pet collision fix and that is all compared to the pages of changes for other classes.

Dahbomb

Wasn't there some old WD Legendary changed so that the poison darts piece? Pretty sure there were at least 2-3 Legendaries changed for WD.

Blizzard has said many times that they plan on fixing Wall of Zombies before changing the Helltooth set. I am thinking some big rework is planned for that. Until then they are basically just focusing on getting Monks up to par hence why Monks have been changed the most in the last few patches.

ZenaxPure

Wasn't there some old WD Legendary changed so that the poison darts piece? Pretty sure there were at least 2-3 Legendaries changed for WD.

Blizzard has said many times that they plan on fixing Wall of Zombies before changing the Helltooth set. I am thinking some big rework is planned for that. Until then they are basically just focusing on getting Monks up to par hence why Monks have been changed the most in the last few patches.

Yeah, there is a dagger that makes poison darts pierce and they are also retooling The Gidbin to make it less terrible, not to mention they are fixing fetish spawn deaths which will make Zunimassa less terrible (though I'm not sure if this will make anyone use it)

Honestly it shouldn't be a surprise other classes got more legendary changes than WD, they were already in one of the best places item wise. Jade set, matching helmet, SMK, Mask of Jeram, Tall Man's Finger, Thing of the Deep, Uhkapian Serpent. All of those are top tier items. Witch Doctor's currently have more T6 capable legendary items than some classes have legendary items total (looking at you barbarian).

I mean that's not to say there isn't work to be done, but, right now there was higher priorities which I feel like blizzard has basically said in the past when they said they wanted to use WD as a model for items for other classes.

Tom Penny

Is lighting Monk with LTK even still even viable? I was doing basic combination strike then lashing tail kick with mystic rhythm..don't even know if that still exists lol. Haven't played for a while and they added news buffs and gems that didn't exist before.

Dahbomb

Is lighting Monk with LTK even still even viable? I was doing basic combination strike then lashing tail kick with mystic rhythm..don't even know if that still exists lol. Haven't played for a while and they added news buffs and gems that didn't exist before.
What do you mean by viable?

Like in my build LTK isn't there for damage, it's just there for stun. If I want to make a build with LTK for pure damage I would just make a Fire LTK build instead.

The build that I was talking about is easily T6 viable. The range of its power is 26-30 on GR. Of course it needs 2.1 items and gems to push it to that level (by that I mean the new generator buffs, Depth Diggers and Simplicity/Golgor/Wreath).

Mystic Rhythm in general sucks though. Like if you want an optimized LTK build it's better to do 4 LTKs in a row then do 3 regular attacks and a single LTK.

Tom Penny

If my build was fire..I'd do that so unless fire items fall in my lap I'm a lighting monk. So I guess the real question is is lighting monk viable?

ZenaxPure

If my build was fire..I'd do that so unless fire items fall in my lap I'm a lighting monk. So I guess the real question is is lighting monk viable?

Oh lightning is viable alright.... But you ain't gonna want to play it.

Also fire is actually one of the easier things to gear up for since magefists drop like candy and you go the dual wield route you can craft one of the best fire weapons lol. Cindercoat is pretty rare though.

Tom Penny

Guess I have to look at all the gear on my other characters and come up with fire stuff. I know I don't stack CDR so epiphany fire build or some shit like that won't fly.

Shifty76

Guess I have to look at all the gear on my other characters and come up with fire stuff. I know I don't stack CDR so epiphany fire build or some shit like that won't fly.

2h build with Sunwuko & Inna's is our strongest build by a mile right now. I was running a TR variation with Furnace which gives me 200m+ crits vs elites from my clones. I do run into spirit issues against RG's though, so am thinking of adding in a generator somewhere - likely in place of epiphany.

As for lightning builds...yeah, traditional LTK based ones are pretty weak. Dmg still sucks. You can go raiment, but the play style is horrid and the dps output isn't even 1/3 what you get with Sunwuko

If 2.1 really is out soon, then that sucks for WDs.

2.1 for WD summed up
Ceremonial dagger (season, soul harvest stack up to 10x).

DH for comparison
Leonine Bow of Hashir (season)
Wojahnni Assaulter (new, +%rapid fire)
Flint Ripper Arrowheads (new, ball lightning travels 50% slower)
Another quiver not listed (new, chakram into generator)
Balefire Caster (+%fire)
Etrayu (+%cold)
Uskang (+%lightning)
Marauder 6pc sentry APS fix
Natalyas set buffed
Shadow set buffed

I'm glad I have full sets for all classes except monk to play with. That is just for items. WD got sacrifice change and pet collision fix and that is all compared to the pages of changes for other classes.

To be fair, prior to 2.1 DH weapons & quivers (except the sentries quiver & the kridershot bow) where nothing compared weapons & offhands of the rest of the clases in terms of having something special.

Blinck

Playing through Reaper of Souls chapter 5 and loving it.

Man...such a great mood, and the OST is phenomenal..the OST in the plague infested sewers was so powerful..really fantastic stuff.

The best thing so far though...it's the Dark Souls easter egg with the quest giver Lady Gwydolin, which turns out to be a ghost ( illusion ). So good :D

EDIT: Not Gwynevere but Gwyndolin, which makes it even funnier :D

So.

I spent all of my available gaming time yesterday attempting to farm that RoRG. Mostly T2 farming.

~70 bags later, 0 RoRGs.

Maybe 200 caches over the last few days (and about maybe 600 lifetime), 0 RoRG's.

None.

I've gotten several of the other 4 items. Even got trolled with ring drops that were shit like Avarice rings. I feel genuine disgust at how such an objectively critical item for end-game play is locked behind just one farming method and a RNG so low that people can honestly claim to have opened 1,000 bags and still be empty handed. I was able to get all 6 pieces of the Marauder's set (including 2x boots) *before* I could get a single RoRG of any quality. Think about that.

They really need to have another look at how this item is obtained and come up with a better approach than pure RNG. Nobody should be able to do more than 100 bags and not get at least one of each of the 5 items in the bag once.

I've probably spent 40 hours of lifetime just doing bounty runs for this one item. The frustration this process caused retired me from this game from April - July. The longer this goes, the more likely that happens again. There's no appropriate excuse that I can except for the how they've implemented this item and its drop chances.

Back up over 1,000 rift keys, so rifting is on me.

Celegus

So.

I spent all of my available gaming time yesterday attempting to farm that RoRG. Mostly T2 farming.

~70 bags later, 0 RoRGs.

Man that's rough. It took a while for the first one, but I did finally get 3 of them in about 1100 bounties. Only one came from normal where I did the vast majority of my bounties, one from T5 and one from T6. So maybe try quality over quantity and see how that goes? My wife's only one also came from T5, despite tons of normal bounty runs. I'd be down for running some T5/6 bounties if you see me online sometime, since I need a dex one now.

It is pretty annoying that it's basically a necessary item though. Like how they added the new barb shoulders to compliment the Raekor set - too bad there's already Raekor shoulders so I hope you have a RoRG to make up for it.

What do you guys think of this idea?

Truly targeted legendaries:
1) Every character can select 1 leg they are looking for
2) When a leg drops (not the one selected) the chances of your selected legendar is increased. So, no guaranteed drop, but as time goes on, odds get better and better.
3) Once the selected leg drop, the bonus resets and you can choose a different leg.

Celegus

What do you guys think of this idea?

Truly targeted legendaries:
1) Every character can select 1 leg they are looking for
2) When a leg drops (not the one selected) the chances of your selected legendar is increased. So, no guaranteed drop, but as time goes on, odds get better and better.
3) Once the selected leg drop, the bonus resets and you can choose a different leg.

Nah, RNG can be a harsh mistress but that would make things a bit too easy. Kadala is close enough to that for me.

Man that's rough. It took a while for the first one, but I did finally get 3 of them in about 1100 bounties. Only one came from normal where I did the vast majority of my bounties, one from T5 and one from T6. So maybe try quality over quantity and see how that goes? My wife's only one also came from T5, despite tons of normal bounty runs. I'd be down for running some T5/6 bounties if you see me online sometime, since I need a dex one now.

It is pretty annoying that it's basically a necessary item though. Like how they added the new barb shoulders to compliment the Raekor set - too bad there's already Raekor shoulders so I hope you have a RoRG to make up for it.

roger that, sir.

Dahbomb

I can run some high level Bounties too with you guys. I want a RROG for my Wizard (have one for Monk, DH, Crusader, Barb so I have 4 total).

ZenaxPure

Honestly the problem with rrog is that they never bothered updating it with the rest of the game. They've just continued to buff drop rates in various ways as the expansion has been out (buffs to kadala, set items, rift buffs, leg drops in general, etc.) but cache stuff feels really out of place at this point.

They technically buffed the chance of getting cache items one time and honestly I haven't been able to tell a difference. I do more T6 bounty runs nowadays than I do rifts (just killing time until the patch and all that) and I have not seen a single rrog in any of those T6 runs, so crazy. I have 5 or 6 of them total so it's not a big deal, but I just find it nuts that every single one of them was obtained before they made it so higher torment levels had a higher chance of giving cache items.

Jubs

Come 2.1, will crusaders w/ full akkhans still have to roll CDR on their rings, or will the new CDR belt, the updated Leoric Crown, and maybe a CDR roll on the weapon be enough to reach the desired 50%+?

Edit: I have an unrolled STR unity and a RRoG, and just trying to figure out if I should roll a socket or CDR in prep for 2.1.

Come 2.1, will crusaders w/ full akkhans still have to roll CDR on their rings, or will the new CDR belt, the updated Leoric Crown, and maybe a CDR roll on the weapon be enough to reach the desired 50%+?

Edit: I have an unrolled STR unity and a RRoG, and just trying to figure out if I should roll a socket or CDR in prep for 2.1.

They won't be enough alone, but both rings probably don't need CDR depending on your other gear.

Try out this site with the gear you have: http://bluecubic.com/cdr.html

Enter 45 for the skill duration and you want to get to 20 for new skill duration for 100% uptime.

Celegus

After spending close to 20,000 shards for an SMK, I beg to differ. :(

I don't even want to think how many I dumped trying for Hexing Pants, over 2 months of playing every day and putting every shard into barb pants. Finally gave up on it, figured it just wasn't meant to be.

I don't even want to think how many I dumped trying for Hexing Pants, over 2 months of playing every day and putting every shard into barb pants. Finally gave up on it, figured it just wasn't meant to be.

At least pants only cost 5 shards.

Making weapons 5 would make things so much better.

Jubs

They won't be enough alone, but both rings probably don't need CDR depending on your other gear.

Try out this site with the gear you have: http://bluecubic.com/cdr.html

Enter 45 for the skill duration and you want to get to 20 for new skill duration for 100% uptime.

Yeah I should have clarified that i have all the pertinent CDR rolls on my other gear. That site is a big help though, looks like I can avoid putting CDR on my rings as long as I find all the necessary pieces.

Yeah I should have clarified that i have all the pertinent CDR rolls on my other gear. That site is a big help though, looks like I can avoid putting CDR on my rings as long as I find all the necessary pieces.

Yeah, it looks like if you have max in:
helm (25)
shoulder (8)
gloves (8)
weapon (8)
shield (8)
paragon (10)

you only need about 6 more from rings, ammy or the new belt.

Celegus

My Crusader doesn't have CDR on rings or amulet, and I have 100% uptime on AC. As long as you can get it from other places, I'd say the socket is more valuable.

Sorry if this was already posted, but wanted to throw in there that D3 and RoS are $20 each at Best Buy next week. And I may jump on that price. Sadly, I only have one friend to play with lol.

BvfrKLkCQAA4HUS.jpg

Celegus

With the new Leoric's you could even get rid of CDR on something else and be fine. My Darklight is crap, so I am stuck with CDR on rings.

Yeah that should open up some possibilities and maybe free up some space from having to use Crimson's. My Akkhan helm is pretty godlike (high str, crit, socket, +fist of heavens) so I'll probably just stick with my current setup. I like the mod on Leoric's though, maybe if I ever switch to 2H.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom