• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I ask this seemingly stupid question because tons of guides recommend a full set and I'm hoping that there's actually a way to get that full set that doesn't rely on RNG.

Edit: I don't have Reaper of Souls expansion. $45 is way too much for an expansion that only adds 1 act and 1 class. I may buy it next year when it's cheaper.

The only way to get full sets of gear is buying the expansion... It adds a lot more than 1 class and 1 act as there are a bunch of level 70 only items (such as all those new sets), not to mention adventure mode is more important than all of those things.

Without the expansion your only real option for gearing as a wizard is either going mirrorball or wand of woh builds but both of those items have fairly low drop rates and since you can't gamble for them in adventure mode you're pretty much at the whim of extreme RNG. Wand of Woh is especially rare.

It's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination but it's a really low chance at seeing them.

Kieli

The only way to get full sets of gear is buying the expansion... It adds a lot more than 1 class and 1 act as there are a bunch of level 70 only items (such as all those new sets), not to mention adventure mode is more important than all of those things.

Without the expansion your only real option for gearing as a wizard is either going mirrorball or wand of woh builds but both of those items have fairly low drop rates and since you can't gamble for them in adventure mode you're pretty much at the whim of extreme RNG. Wand of Woh is especially rare.

It's not impossible by any stretch of the imagination but it's a really low chance at seeing them.

I got a bad Mirrorball yesterday (4% CDR).

neoism

finnnalllllly :O O: :O :O O: the same day as dark souls 2 DLC -_____-

8 gbs to goo GODDAMN :O wtf is in this its really not that much content why blizz

JayHayabusa

Wasn't Moonlight Ward supposed to be have its arcane damage retroactively rerolled between 35% and 40%? Mine still at its orginal 23%?

Anyone else?

Celegus

finnnalllllly :O O: :O :O O: the same day as dark souls 2 DLC -_____-

8 gbs to goo GODDAMN :O wtf is in this its really not that much content why blizz

How is it not that much content? The new area for rifts, the goblin realm, the trials, the new NPC are all brand new assets which take up a lot of space. For a free patch, it's a little ridiculous to complain about this "not being enough". Most games don't get anywhere near this kind of support, especially for free.

neoism

Yes I believe so. All your items, gold, experience, etc is transferred over when the season is done.

C'mon Blizz I need some patch notes! I really haven't kept up at all with all the little changes, but I do know my firebird wizard, cold barb, and lightning DH should all be better off.

thank fuck they are doing this otherwise I would never play seasons... dont really care about any competition either playing just for the legs that will never for me lol

neoism

How is it not that much content? The new area for rifts, the goblin realm, the trials, the new NPC are all brand new assets which take up a lot of space. For a free patch, it's a little ridiculous to complain about this "not being enough". Most games don't get anywhere near this kind of support, especially for free.

Im not really serious man blizz are sllooooow as fuck but I love them for not charging for this... at 800+ hours and it only costing me $40 bones its one of the few games I EVER played in my 25+ gaming years with that kind of value, complaining about them is just a past time... they are WAAAY to fucking slow though :p

TSM

Goblin Portals are crazy. I just got one on T2 and came out of it with 20m gold, 24 imperial gems and a marauder set helm.

Also if you are wondering, you do not have to wait for the goblins to open a portal to kill them. The RNG will spawn the portal on it's death.

Deadly

So what are the OP builds for classes now? Is monk finally good? What about wizards? I'm guessing crusaders goal is still all akkhan's?

cdyhybrid

Guess I'll play my Monk until Seasons go live. Already have full SWK and Inna's.

Now to find a nice 2.1 skill/gearing guide for SWK monks.

Stevey

Yeah, it's pretty shitty, wonder why they cant do a global release?

I hope seasons start at the same time across regions.

SoundLad

anyone got a source confirming that 2.1 is delayed in EU?

So disappointed if so
Ngbdose.gif

Dahbomb

2 goblins guaranteed in Hall of Agony 2. High chance of going to Vault. Just tried it myself.

You will get 100 million gold in that zone its amazing!

Valnen

Did Blizzard say this or was this inferred?

And count me as one of those who hate Seasons. Not just because it splits the playerbase (which is already low) but for putting new items behind an arbitrary wall that forces you to play the game from scratch.

No, I don't want to lose the progress I made in the 300 hours I have put into this game since launch. And no, why should only the players who have no problem with starting over be the only ones to get early access to these new items.

Diablo 2 had ladder exclusive items if I remember correctly.

jblank83

Since we have so many people who want in the clan, I'm offering up my spot. Clan officers are free to remove me before the great purge.

I've started medical school and am doing 60-70 hours a week of studying. Just doesn't leave me enough time to go Diabloing. I'll probably play a bit, but not enough to justify my spot.

If anyone has enjoyed grouping with me, feel free to add me as a Bnet friend. I'll jump in games when I have a spare hour or two.

Battlenet: jres80#1264

lol. goldwrap is fucking op for 95% of the difficulty levels in the game.

I assume it will be patched. 1.5 million toughness doesn't seem intended. Not on paper, anyway.

Xanathus

You only need to enter Greed's Vault once and kill Greed in order to get the legendary gem that makes enemies drop tons of gold when they die, then just pop that on while doing a rift and you will have more than enough money. No need to farm for Greed more than once.

cdyhybrid

Wish my profile would update on my Monk so I could ask for advice! I don't see any complete guides on SWK (skills AND gear) out there right now.

Did a Vault from the goblins in HoA2. Almost 100 mil gold and 3 legs from the boss. wtf. Just doing this as long as the buff is active.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm surprised at the huge amounts of gold people are getting from that thing. I guess there is no real functional use to gold anymore except to pump them into gems, after all.

I suppose I oughta start using up some of my reserves

cdyhybrid

Finally found a GNK (now that Fire isn't really viable anymore, of course) and an AGI Tasker & Theo (with shit rolls, of course).

Is this piece of crap even worth switching over to a DH for?

CfvZYqa.png

Popnbake

Goblin Portals are crazy. I just got one on T2 and came out of it with 20m gold, 24 imperial gems and a marauder set helm.

Also if you are wondering, you do not have to wait for the goblins to open a portal to kill them. The RNG will spawn the portal on it's death.

Got a legendary gem (boon of the hoarder) and two legendaries from the boss and about 20 mil from the area.

Best area update ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom