• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

So if I'm understanding this right, seasonal legendaries will never be locked to the specific season indefinitely, it's just an incentive to play a new character in a season rather than continue with your old character. Do they have higher drop rates if do make a new character for the season?

Did they turn off hold left mouse to move/attack? I used to be able to hold the mouse button and paint the ground to move, or hold the button down to cast my spenders. Now I have to keep clicking. Is there an option?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Bah, the patch preferences reset included the community chat join status. If the connection icon in the community window's red, click it to re-enable.

cdyhybrid

So if I'm understanding this right, seasonal legendaries will never be locked to the specific season indefinitely, it's just an incentive to play a new character in a season rather than continue with your old character. Do they have higher drop rates if do make a new character for the season?

They don't drop for non-seasonal characters until the season they belong to is over.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Just to clarify, once a season ends, your character goes back to the normal character select screen as if you created that character normally from the start? What happens to all of the accumulated exp past 70? Straight into your accounts Paragon pool?

Duress

I got a Hellfire amulet for my Barbarian. It had earthen might passive on it. I doubt it will replace my Xephirian amulet.

Repo Man

Just to clarify, once a season ends, your character goes back to the normal character select screen as if you created that character normally from the start? What happens to all of the accumulated exp past 70? Straight into your accounts Paragon pool?

Yep the paragon xp you earned will be added to your account wide paragon system and all the items you had will be "mailed" to you.

TSM

Was just about to post this.

Though there is still some kind of weird bug with G-Sync, it still thinks vsync is off when it's actually on (g-sync requires that vsync be off to enable). If you turn vsync on, you can use gsync, oddly.

No, you can now run g-sync with vsync off. I've been playing that was for hours. Also g-sync does not require that vsync be off in games. It's just preferable that vsync be disabled for lower input delay.

ElyrionX

Posts like these litter the D3 forums and is a fine example of why we can't have nice things in seasons.

First of all you don't lose progress because of Seasons. Your character stays as is during Seasons. If you don't want to play Seasons then that is fine... you current game and characters are unaltered.

Early access to Legendaries is Blizzard being nice, they could've easily made Legendaries completely exclusive to Seasons. IMO this is absolutely no different from RoRG being an Act 1 Bounty reward. Why should people who play Bounties be rewarded with exclusive Legendaries?

The answer is simple, if there is no extra incentive to play an extra mode then people will simply not play that mode.

What I meant by "losing progress" was having to start a new character from scratch and then having to grind for the same items again. Those are items that I have already grinded for on another character. Why should I have to play and pray to the RNG gods for a Woh on a new character just because I want that new exclusive item that they put in Seasons? This isn't D2. People's old characters are not wiped from months of inactivity. Gear is account-bound and there are no dupes running rampant in the economy. There is no real reason for me to hit the reset button on my character.

And isn't the whole point of having Seasons is to introduce a competitive element to the game with leaderboards and all that? What does that have to do with having exclusive items? Why is it only the players who like climbing leaderboards or starting the game from scratch are those who get access to these items?

How is RoRG being an Act 1 bounty reward even the same thing? I can use my existing character and progress to farm for that thing which makes the task far less tedious than it would be if I had started it with a new character.

eek5

Greater Rifts are pretty fun. Not really sure what to do with my monk.. just playing it like I used to lol :( I have 15.6k armor and 300 res which is pretty awesome.

Dahbomb

Farming Act 1 bounties for RoRG is the very definition of tedious and is pretty much a mode exclusive item forcing you to play a particular way to acquire it.

Complaining about Season exclusive Legendaries (which are time exclusive, not even completely exclusive) is the same as complaining about the Hardcore exclusive item or complaining about Torment exclusive items or Legendary gems. All these things are exclusive to a certain mode and force you to play a certain way. If you want to get everything in the game then you have to play every mode.

Think of the Seasons as just a PTR build. It's used as a ground for testing new Legendaries until they are stable enough to be released into the normal game. You can choose to participate in it if you want or just stick with your own game mode oblivious to what is happening in other modes.

ElyrionX

That's actually a really fair argument but I'd say what you're missing is that apart from Hardcore (are there even exclusive items in this mode?), those other modes you mentioned are nowhere as far removed from the "main mode" as Seasons is and that is what irks people like me. Grinding Seasons to get new legendaries is far more tedious than grinding Bounties for RoRG. And even when you do get that new item you want, you can't even use it immediately on your main hero.

joesmokey

They really need to add some sort of time back in Greater Rifts as you advance floors. I almost couldn't complete Tier 24 because I had to go down to floor 5.

JayHayabusa

Just got booted as well :(. To continue what some of us were talking about in chat regarding DH, the mara set is crazy buffed now and is ridiculous. In particular:

-They fixed the attack speed on sentries not scaling properly; I'm fuzzy on what in particular was broken, but long story short they fire way faster now AND unless you are at a very very very low breakpoint you want to run 3 spenders instead of 2 now (it being broken before is the only reason people ran 2 instead of 3).
-The 100% increased damage on rockets from the Ballistics passive is now multiplicative, not additive. So for example rockets fired from Multishot Arsenal do 300%; before they would do 400% with Ballistics, now they would do 600%.
-The new cold Cluster Arrow is fucking ridiculous, especially in conjunction with the Ballistics buff. Still does the base 550% damage, but then instead of releasing grenades it releases 5 rockets that do 450% damage. With Ballistics that becomes 900%, is cold so it chills enemies (which procs Cull the Weak) and heals you for a small amount. Like, what in the actual fuck.
-Impale got crazy buffed.

So there's some variation and room to work with depending on your gear and specific items, but what a lot of DH's are running or are planning to run is something along the lines of:

-Impale (Chemical Burn), Cluster Arrow (Maelstrom), Multishot (Arsenal) as your 3 spenders. Then Sentry with either Polar or Spitfire rune, Companion (duh), and then either Vault or Smokescreen as your final slot.
-For passives something along the lines of Cull the Weak, Ballistics, then kinda whatever for the other two. I'm still playing around with that, currently running Archery and Perfectionist at the moment (I basically swapped Steady Aim out for Cull the Weak).

Even if you're running Fire % gear from 2.0 the crowd control with Maelstrom along with the Ballistics buff makes it crazy good. The sentry rune varies; spitfire does crazy dps (especially if you're running fire %) but polar offers fantastic crowd control as well as ensure procs with Cull the Weak. Some people are running Frost Arrow instead of Impale even without a Kridershot to help proc Cull the Weak and then instead of running Polar sentry running Spitfire for more DPS that way. I have an endgame Kridershot and Crossbow as well as a Taskers so until the servers went down I was messing around with different configurations. Apparently on paper running Frost Arrow is a dps hit over running Impale as the 3rd spot, so you start getting into having to figure out how you want to run DPS versus crowd control and whatnot. Then you can also start getting into the leg gem (name escapes me) that does more damage to enemies that are effected by crowd control and stacking that with Cull the Weak and all of that and it gets crazy.

I had an endgame fire build in 2.0. Literally all I did when 2.1 hit was switched from fire CA to cold CA, swapped out Awareness and Steady Aim for Cull the Weak and Ballistics, and swapped out MfD for Impale and I was completely melting stuff with the crazy damage and crowd control from the cold CA as well as the turrets firing more and faster now. I'm still flabbergasted that they made Maras even better. Ran two GR's, first one I made it to 31 no problems and just ended it to upgrade gems, second one made it to 32 with like 4 minutes left to spare and also just ended to upgrade gems.

Brought my Fire Mara DH build from 2.0. Started without a third spender, with MFD. Put Cull the weak in (instead of Steady Aim) and Polar Station instead of Spitfire. Was destroying T6.

Added a third spender (Multishot) on your suggestion and now it is just ridiculous. I also added Ballistics by scarifying Perfectionist.

I keep switching between Spitfire and Polar Station on turrets. Really like Polar Station since nothing was getting within sight of me. But since I am already running EA FA I already have some sort of crowd control. I am also running an end game Kridershot. (reason for EA instead of Impale). Just like this style of play better than Xbow, knowing that I don't have a decent one yet and I am fully aware that I m sacrificing some DPS.

Now I haven't tested GR yet (too busy running Halls of Agony 2 to farm gobs) to really see how far I can push it without legendary gems, and then I ll know whether Spitfire or Polar Station would serve better.

My question for DH GAF is what to choose between Archery and Steady Aim? Is Steady Aim additive to Cull the Weak? Meaning Chilled enemies outwards of 10 yards will receive 40% extra damage?

My updated build for reference
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/JayHayabusa-2672/hero/40811808

Vodh

I'm torn between Crusader and DH for my seasonal character. I don't want to get too attached to a DH in case they nerf Mara to the ground... (plus, there's a pretty low chance that I'd get the full set within the seaon's time limit)

I'm torn between Crusader and DH for my seasonal character. I don't want to get too attached to a DH in case they nerf Mara to the ground... (plus, there's a pretty low chance that I'd get the full set within the seaon's time limit)

Unless they changed everything I actually really enjoyed leveling my Crusader, and it's one of the few classes I wouldn't mind leveling again for the whole Seasons thing.

Guys you gotta help me please, I need a mildly intellectual podcast to listen to while playing. I just finished the latest on offer from Dan Carlin and his hardcore history series and have nothing to fill the void... currently thinking about just making my first podcast purchases and getting his older stuff but if there are some highly recommended ones out there (or even documentaries on youtube that I can run on a second screen) it would be very much appreciated.

Back on topic, loving the update! I'm trying to get my wiz up to t3+ (currently t2) but I have trouble with survivability. Apart from running with some tanky buddies what options should I look out for?

Xanathus

Guys you gotta help me please, I need a mildly intellectual podcast to listen to while playing. I just finished the latest on offer from Dan Carlin and his hardcore history series and have nothing to fill the void... currently thinking about just making my first podcast purchases and getting his older stuff but if there are some highly recommended ones out there (or even documentaries on youtube that I can run on a second screen) it would be very much appreciated.

Back on topic, loving the update! I'm trying to get my wiz up to t3+ (currently t2) but I have trouble with survivability. Apart from running with some tanky buddies what options should I look out for?

For starters what is your gear like, and are you wearing the Aughilds set?

JayHayabusa

So the Vault gives you alot of gold huh.. like hundreds of millions.

interesting..

Farmed gobs a bit yesterday. Got into the realm 5 times.
Each run on T6 will give you around 100 million gold, around 20 or so imperial gems, the legendary gem of that boss on your first try, and 3 or 4 legs.

Up to 1 billion gold now - entered 2.1 at 200 million - and more gems than I know what to do with!

For starters what is your gear like, and are you wearing the Aughilds set?

here's a link to my current wizard/gear

Previously I was rocking an old school disintegrate build based on arcane, but I read about some good fire gear and funnily enough a ton of it dropped straight away (3 pieces of firebird, cindercoat, and a magefist) I'm real strapped for forgotten souls though so I haven't done any rerolling.

Most recently I've been running act 1 bounties looking for ring or something, I've yet to find a replacement for my crit+cc rings.

Quesa

With the risk of going off-topic but what's the purpose of putting "So" in the beginning of the sentence?

Conversational fluency that allows for transition of topics regardless of what was just happening

English major

I hit 70 two days ago and was struggling with T1 and after only 2 paragon levels I'm breezing through it and moving on to T2. Paragon levels really that drastic a difference or 2.1 really make monks that swole?

Xanathus

here's a link to my current wizard/gear

Previously I was rocking an old school disintegrate build based on arcane, but I read about some good fire gear and funnily enough a ton of it dropped straight away (3 pieces of firebird, cindercoat, and a magefist) I'm real strapped for forgotten souls though so I haven't done any rerolling.

Most recently I've been running act 1 bounties looking for ring or something, I've yet to find a replacement for my crit+cc rings.

Yeah you need the RROG because you only have 2 set Aughilds at the moment, for skills you shouldn't be using Unwavering Will with your current skills since you will be moving all the time. Replace it with Dominance, it is surprisingly good and should be enough for your defense issues.

I hit 70 two days ago and was struggling with T1 and after only 2 paragon levels I'm breezing through it and moving on to T2. Paragon levels really that drastic a difference or 2.1 really make monks that swole?

Monk's got a lot of buffs, which they kind of needed. Paragon levels after a certain point start to make a huge difference but I imagine the buffs to Monk probably didn't hurt in the slightest.

Nere

Guys I started downloading patch 2.1 and it says 11.72 GB to go, I mean wtf is this normal?? 12 GB for a patch?

Yeah you need the RROG because you only have 2 set Aughilds at the moment, for skills you shouldn't be using Unwavering Will with your current skills since you will be moving all the time. Replace it with Dominance, it is surprisingly good and should be enough for your defense issues.

Thanks, I haven't done much playing around with different skills. It seems wizards have a big range of fire skills (a good problem to have in my opinion) so it's probably worth it to spend some time seeing what works well together.

Celegus

Have you gone through all of Radiolab's stuff already? There's a lot of fascinating stuff in there. 99% Invisible is another great one, kind of similar to Radiolab. And The Infinite Monkey Cage is... unique. It's a british panel show with really smart scientists and comedians, but they lean more towards hypothetical theories than interesting facts. And if you're in the mood for completely made up science, I've been listening to Oh No Ross & Carrie lately, where they go undercover to join weird conspiracy theory and pseudo-science groups.

Tom Penny

It's weird I finally started playing again and everything I read says staff and the 2 piece set SWK? that increases damage 20% is good but I run it and it's weaker than me using Maximus with my fire amulet I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong.

Dahbomb

It's weird I finally started playing again and everything I read says staff and the 2 piece set SWK? that increases damage 20% is good but I run it and it's weaker than me using Maximus with my fire amulet I'm not sure If I'm doing something wrong.
4 set is where SWK out paces everything else. Its not really worth it just to get the 2 piece. It's all about getting as many procs as possible.

Wallach

Yeah you are right it does go really fast its already done but 12 GB for a patch? what did it contained??

The data size in that case is actually the amount of data being modified, not just what was downloaded. From what I understand the new data was less than 500MB, but a lot of files were modified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom