• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

Just wondering about something: Since all of your crafting plans are reset in seasons and the only way to get the plans for Reaper's Wraps is to kill Malthael in story mode, does this mean you need to play through the entirety of story mode again in order to get those plans? Or can you get the plans from simply killing Malthael in adventure mode?

edit: I guess it doesn't really matter since there's a seasonal achievement for speedrunning the campaign and I plan to do that anyway

Hmm, I'm not sure. Up to now you had to complete the Campaign (and thus kill Malthael) to even unlock Adventure mode, so that's a good question.

Shadow780

Transmog item is the only other thing.

There's a Transmog set and some Season exclusive Banner icons.

The real reason why there isn't too much Season exclusive content is because the D3 forums stirred a shit storm over Season exclusive items. There are still people who hate the idea of Seasons because of exclusive Legendaries even if they are timed exclusive.

God dammit, oh well looks like I only need a lv70 character, that shouldn't be so bad.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Interesting twist in the DDOS drama - looks like someone did something about it:
https://twitter.com/Agent13Green/with_replies

(read from the bottom up)
R3y2sq2.png

(source)
Here's a bit of explanation from another poster there:
"I don't know for sure what he's done, but I know how some people "hack back". He likely got a copy of their bot, and infected an isolated PC with it. By snooping the traffic, he discovered the command and control servers, and then focused his attack on those servers. By taking those out, all the bots just drift away. He pokes fun at how "cheap" their bot is, some of the more complex ones have peer-to-peer command and control."

Yuuichi

So I just picked up the game and ROS (thanks based bestbuy) and I'm currently rocking a level 15 or so monk, anything in particular I need to know or take advantage of?

Xanathus

So I just picked up the game and ROS (thanks based bestbuy) and I'm currently rocking a level 15 or so monk, anything in particular I need to know or take advantage of?

Just set difficulty to Expert and play through the campaign, then unlock Adventure Mode and play that till you're 70. Recommend just doing full clears of the Act 1 bounties and getting the Act 1 Horadric caches and not doing rifts until you reach level 70 for optimal progression.

Especially for the early levels, while you're levelling up a ruby socketed in your weapon will make you a boss.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've gathered equipment in the last 10 minutes that took me a couple months to get a year or so ago. I got through the expansion, but I feel like the group that use to be on all the time all went offline. A lot of them haven't signed on in months. The game looks completely redone, well they added a lot of bells and whistles.

ElyrionX

There's a Transmog set and some Season exclusive Banner icons.

The real reason why there isn't too much Season exclusive content is because the D3 forums stirred a shit storm over Season exclusive items. There are still people who hate the idea of Seasons because of exclusive Legendaries even if they are timed exclusive.

Did Blizzard say this or was this inferred?

And count me as one of those who hate Seasons. Not just because it splits the playerbase (which is already low) but for putting new items behind an arbitrary wall that forces you to play the game from scratch.

No, I don't want to lose the progress I made in the 300 hours I have put into this game since launch. And no, why should only the players who have no problem with starting over be the only ones to get early access to these new items.

MrDaravon

I totally forgot that I'm off this coming Monday because of the holiday....fuck it, I'll go all in for one weekend. Guess I'm not sleeping Friday night lol

Also does anyone have a link to a list of all of the new gems and which ones are good/recommended? I feel like recommendations kept shifting over the course of the PTR and I really didn't keep up on it at all. Looking primarily for DH and maybe Crusader recommendations if that matters.

Omnicent

Assuming Long Arm of The Law still works with Stop Time in 2.1, my Sader is about to have a field day. Going to need new gear, but I will make a Shi-Mizu Haori work for me somehow (since you don't gain health with stop time it should allow this to work. My theory of a Stop Time 100% crit rate Sader from 2.0 is coming back. The dream is alive. You woudln't belive how sad I was back in 2.0 when I found out stop time did not work with on Arm. Well that and there was not enough cdr for 100% uptime of it. But now that may not be the case.)!

I look forward to getting home today to test some things out (this way I can gear out my console Crusader in prep for 2.1 on consoles).

I do agree that stop time for the full party may be OP (Yeah it's like EP, but on the mitigation side. I don't see people making it to GR100 though like with EP. The damage output won't be there even if everyone specs in full dps gear). Brest case if Bliz needs to nerf it, they will just make it only affect the Crusader.

JayHayabusa

Hmmmm. Was just going through the different changes and was surprised to see that all 2 handed weapons will be retroactively buffed in 2.1.

So basically my Kridershot that now sits at 2720.8 DPS will see its DPS buffed by 26% to 30%? Is the percentage of improvement arbitrary? Will the base damage be buffed instead of pure DPS?

Hmmmm. Was just going through the different changes and was surprised to see that all 2 handed weapons will be retroactively buffed in 2.1.

So basically my Kridershot that now sits at 2720.8 DPS will see its DPS buffed by 26% to 30%? Is the percentage of improvement arbitrary? Will the base damage be buffed instead of pure DPS?

"buff to all 2H weapons except Bows & XBows" sorry....

Ichabod

Banned
I've been reading up on RoRG but I'm torn as to which path to take. Should I stick to A1 normal or go up to a higher torment? Do the Junger rules really work? What say you DiabloGAF?

Celegus

Do your paragon levels you earn in seasons carry over to your main characters once season is over?

Yes I believe so. All your items, gold, experience, etc is transferred over when the season is done.

C'mon Blizz I need some patch notes! I really haven't kept up at all with all the little changes, but I do know my firebird wizard, cold barb, and lightning DH should all be better off.

Do your paragon levels you earn in seasons carry over to your main characters once season is over?

The paragon XP will transfer, not levels, so if you are PLVL 400 on non-ladder and at the end of the season you're PLVL 100, you won't be PLVL 500, you will be PLVL 430 or somewhere around there (I'm not really cheking the XP so feel free to correct me)

Dahbomb

Did Blizzard say this or was this inferred?

And count me as one of those who hate Seasons. Not just because it splits the playerbase (which is already low) but for putting new items behind an arbitrary wall that forces you to play the game from scratch.

No, I don't want to lose the progress I made in the 300 hours I have put into this game since launch. And no, why should only the players who have no problem with starting over be the only ones to get early access to these new items.
Posts like these litter the D3 forums and is a fine example of why we can't have nice things in seasons.

First of all you don't lose progress because of Seasons. Your character stays as is during Seasons. If you don't want to play Seasons then that is fine... you current game and characters are unaltered.

Early access to Legendaries is Blizzard being nice, they could've easily made Legendaries completely exclusive to Seasons. IMO this is absolutely no different from RoRG being an Act 1 Bounty reward. Why should people who play Bounties be rewarded with exclusive Legendaries?

The answer is simple, if there is no extra incentive to play an extra mode then people will simply not play that mode.

OneLifeCycle

Neo Member
Noob Question Alert!

Okay, so I have this game on the PS4. I'm having a hard time deciphering what certain things means in my stats.... When you're on the inventory screen and below your character, you have 3 sub-fields. Starting from the left you have a sword (offense), a shield (defense) and then you have two plus signs... WTF do those mean?

Celegus

Noob Question Alert!

Okay, so I have this game on the PS4. I'm having a hard time deciphering what certain things means in my stats.... When you're on the inventory screen and below your character, you have 3 sub-fields. Starting from the left you have a sword (offense), a shield (defense) and then you have two plus signs... WTF do those mean?

I'm assuming it's the same as the PC version, but that one is just an estimate of how much you're able to heal yourself per second based on the gear you have on. I really don't pay attention to it much at all - I'd much rather have better damage and toughness, but if I end up with some more healing, great. I'm not sure if the boosts to life on hit / life regen will make them somewhat viable, but generally I just rely on health globes/potions/skills to heal.

OneLifeCycle

Neo Member
I'm assuming it's the same as the PC version, but that one is just an estimate of how much you're able to heal yourself per second based on the gear you have on. I really don't pay attention to it much at all - I'd much rather have better damage and toughness, but if I end up with some more healing, great. I'm not sure if the boosts to life on hit / life regen will make them somewhat viable, but generally I just rely on health globes/potions/skills to heal.

Ahhhh, that makes sense! Thanks! I agree not one to be too concerned with. But that does clarify it for me! Thanks again! =)

Flambe

Welp time to get back into Diablo, thanks Blizzard.

Have legendary drop rates changed any? Last I played was post-ROS when they had the weekend or w/e with increased drop rates and they decided to keep them.

Wondering how good Jekanborg/Gyrfalcon is still too o.o

cdyhybrid

I'm downloading the patch, but I'm honestly not sure if there's a reason for me to even log in. I'm waiting for seasons, after all.

Dahbomb

Gonna be running Greater Rifts all day as soon as the patch is live.

Only people who can steamroll T6 allowed! Going to be running 30+ GRs.

Celegus

I might be on a tiny bit when I get home, but we have company coming over so probably not much until later tonight for me. I can do T6 with most of my classes. It's finally heeeeeereee!

Xanathus

I'll try out GRs for a bit just to experience how they and legendary gems work but there's no point in farming them intensively with seasons coming. I'll instead start a fresh level 1 char and see how I can optimally level up with all the bounty exploits nerfed.

I'm only leveling a seasons toon to 70 for the transmog and thats it. I rather continue working on my real toon's progress since I don't play a ton compared to most people I feel like I can't compete in seasons.

Kieli

I'm a level 60 wizard that hasn't played D3 since it released in May 2012 (played about 3 months).

I currently have 50k damage and ~2500 intelligence.

Is there any build that you guys can recommend for me?

Also, how do I go about getting specific legendary items such as Tal Rasha (or does it boil down to playing at highest difficulty and hope for the best)? I ask this seemingly stupid question because tons of guides recommend a full set and I'm hoping that there's actually a way to get that full set that doesn't rely on RNG.

Edit: I don't have Reaper of Souls expansion. $45 is way too much for an expansion that only adds 1 act and 1 class. I may buy it next year when it's cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom