• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Finally found a GNK (now that Fire isn't really viable anymore, of course) and an AGI Tasker & Theo (with shit rolls, of course).

Is this piece of crap even worth switching over to a DH for?

CfvZYqa.png

I'm told if you have marauders set that is best in slot for gloves

Armor -> crit and it shouldn't be that bad.

Do you think they will patch out the ~20m gold for a Goblin Portal? Can't play until the weekend, will be devostated if they nerf it to oblivion before I get to play.

damisa

Got a legendary gem (boon of the hoarder) and two legendaries from the boss and about 20 mil from the area.

Best area update ever.

Also got 2 legs + boon of the hoarder in my first run and two more legs in my second run. Made a total of ~70mil and 5 legs in 2 runs, less than 30 mins. I made way more money in those 30 mins then the hundreds of hours I've played since launch (didn't really use the auction house).

edit: on my 3rd run I got 2 more legs including Ramaldni's gift! How rare is that thing, my current weapon has no socket.

Mordeccai

I'm looking to roll a character in this game finally, but wont be able to buy Reaper of Souls for a few days. Is it better to wait until I have the xpack to make a character, or could I start one tonight?

I'm looking to roll a character in this game finally, but wont be able to buy Reaper of Souls for a few days. Is it better to wait until I have the xpack to make a character, or could I start one tonight?

No harm is playing now. You need to beat Act 5 to unlock Adventure Mode etc but that will first require playing Act 1-4 which is Vanilla content. Can't remember exactly how long it takes but i'd say there is at least 8 hours there before you reach RoS content.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here come the hotfixes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811

[LIVE HOTFIXES]

General:
Fixed an issue where increased elemental damage debuffs applied to enemies were stacking from multiple sources (8/26)

Items:
Fixed an issue where the fireball effect from Gyana Na Kashu was being applied to the first target twice (8/26)

Crusader:
Laws of Hope (Time Stop) will no longer allow the invulnerability effect to last beyond 3 seconds (8/26)
Please note: The visual bubble and buff icon for Time Stop's invulnerability effect will still remain for 8 seconds when using the Long Arm of the Law passive

Wizard:
Fixed an issue where Blizzard (Apocalypse) was unintentionally applying extra damage when reapplying the Firebird's Finery damage over time effect (8/26)

Disintegrate will now properly proc Arcane Power on Crit

Disintegrate will now properly benefit from the +% Damage to Disintegrate affix

IceMarker

Greater Rift Guardian gave me FIVE Legendaries in a single drop. 2 of them the new Gems, holy shit!

As much as I'm enjoying the new patch, Seasons is what I'm really looking forward too.

Sigh, and now server issues.

ZenaxPure

Guess I will just take a break until someone stops the shitty people attacking.

Anyway, having fun so far, greater rifts are pretty awesome. Honestly nothing in this game has made my heart pump as fast as the GR32 I was in earlier fighting that mallet lord boss. Guy was one shotting me if I got too close, was amazing and terrifying. Also unintentionally in the top 20 solo barbarian before I got d/ced which I found fairly funny.

Looking through the barb ranks I'm pretty happy with the variation, even if it is slight. Top 10 was different variations of both raekor and leapquake, some using 2h, others dual wielding. Curious to see where that goes from here.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Well, I managed to get in there long enough to handle the join requests. Invites are waiting for everyone who requested them in game now - check your Communities icon and accept to join.
OvENzgw.png

----------------------------------------------------------
How to join the US GAF community

Dahbomb

I got blown up with my SWK Monk in GR 30. Granted it was a Rift for 3 people and I was doing it solo without any Unity set up and any gems but man.. I have some work to do with that.

DHs cruising to 33-34 Rift. It feels really difficult to cross the 35 mark at this point.

Also servers getting DDoS'd to hell right now. Can't play the game.

MrDaravon

Just got booted as well :(. To continue what some of us were talking about in chat regarding DH, the mara set is crazy buffed now and is ridiculous. In particular:

-They fixed the attack speed on sentries not scaling properly; I'm fuzzy on what in particular was broken, but long story short they fire way faster now AND unless you are at a very very very low breakpoint you want to run 3 spenders instead of 2 now (it being broken before is the only reason people ran 2 instead of 3).
-The 100% increased damage on rockets from the Ballistics passive is now multiplicative, not additive. So for example rockets fired from Multishot Arsenal do 300%; before they would do 400% with Ballistics, now they would do 600%.
-The new cold Cluster Arrow is fucking ridiculous, especially in conjunction with the Ballistics buff. Still does the base 550% damage, but then instead of releasing grenades it releases 5 rockets that do 450% damage. With Ballistics that becomes 900%, is cold so it chills enemies (which procs Cull the Weak) and heals you for a small amount. Like, what in the actual fuck.
-Impale got crazy buffed.

So there's some variation and room to work with depending on your gear and specific items, but what a lot of DH's are running or are planning to run is something along the lines of:

-Impale (Chemical Burn), Cluster Arrow (Maelstrom), Multishot (Arsenal) as your 3 spenders. Then Sentry with either Polar or Spitfire rune, Companion (duh), and then either Vault or Smokescreen as your final slot.
-For passives something along the lines of Cull the Weak, Ballistics, then kinda whatever for the other two. I'm still playing around with that, currently running Archery and Perfectionist at the moment (I basically swapped Steady Aim out for Cull the Weak).

Even if you're running Fire % gear from 2.0 the crowd control with Maelstrom along with the Ballistics buff makes it crazy good. The sentry rune varies; spitfire does crazy dps (especially if you're running fire %) but polar offers fantastic crowd control as well as ensure procs with Cull the Weak. Some people are running Frost Arrow instead of Impale even without a Kridershot to help proc Cull the Weak and then instead of running Polar sentry running Spitfire for more DPS that way. I have an endgame Kridershot and Crossbow as well as a Taskers so until the servers went down I was messing around with different configurations. Apparently on paper running Frost Arrow is a dps hit over running Impale as the 3rd spot, so you start getting into having to figure out how you want to run DPS versus crowd control and whatnot. Then you can also start getting into the leg gem (name escapes me) that does more damage to enemies that are effected by crowd control and stacking that with Cull the Weak and all of that and it gets crazy.

I had an endgame fire build in 2.0. Literally all I did when 2.1 hit was switched from fire CA to cold CA, swapped out Awareness and Steady Aim for Cull the Weak and Ballistics, and swapped out MfD for Impale and I was completely melting stuff with the crazy damage and crowd control from the cold CA as well as the turrets firing more and faster now. I'm still flabbergasted that they made Maras even better. Ran two GR's, first one I made it to 31 no problems and just ended it to upgrade gems, second one made it to 32 with like 4 minutes left to spare and also just ended to upgrade gems.

Dahbomb

I already told you about all of that like a couple of weeks ago. Cold Marauder is super strong.

I have my own Physical Marauder build that I debuted today. The Physical Impale rune does a Stun + Knockback and it procs the Strongarm Bracers. Plus I use Shooting Stars with Ballistics and I use Polar Station on Sentry with Cull of the Weak. Great results so far.

MrDaravon

I already told you about all of that like a couple of weeks ago. Cold Marauder is super strong.

I have my own Physical Marauder build that I debuted today. The Physical Impale rune does a Stun + Knockback and it procs the Strongarm Bracers. Plus I use Shooting Stars with Ballistics and I use Polar Station on Sentry with Cull of the Weak. Great results so far.

Yeah I know, but there were people in chat who haven't played in a while who didn't know what was up :p

Mordeccai

No harm is playing now. You need to beat Act 5 to unlock Adventure Mode etc but that will first require playing Act 1-4 which is Vanilla content. Can't remember exactly how long it takes but i'd say there is at least 8 hours there before you reach RoS content.

Awesome, thanks for the response!

I liked my old demon hunter, but think I want to roll a monk. Witch Doctor looked alright but I'm generally not a fan of summons, their gear looks cool though

ZenaxPure

Looks like there is a blue post that said they are looking into tightening up the density in greater rifts some more. I don't know how it has been for everyone else but the density so far for me has been awful, and it's only been in GRs. The normal rifts have been mostly fine.

The first GR 31 I did was so bad actually that I didn't finish the time limit because the density. Like, I didn't die once and made it all the way to 6th floor (and these were all big lengthy corridor floors like the cath) killing everything I found, but, eventually just ran out of time. Was pretty annoying. My other runs have been bad, but, that was a special kind of bad.

Boogdud

Was in a queue of about 1600, got down to about 900 and battle.net shut down and kicked me out.

Welp, time to go play on the PS4 I suppose.

Celegus

ARrgghhghrhghhh finally have a chance to play and the servers are down! I played for 20 minutes earlier and found a goblin vault - those things are bananas! I got 120m gold and four legendaries including a gem (the gold dropping one - do you always get that from the chest here?)

joesmokey

The Vault is a pretty awesome zone, got one on my second farming attempt. 30m gold on T3, with a set item, leg ammy, and the gem. Definitely a fun addition!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom