• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Get Hellfire Amulet recipe. Go to roll. Choose Int main stat for my Crusader. wat

I also spent all the blood shards on shields looking for the new Crusader legendary shield. But now I realize that it's probably a seasonal legendary, and it won't be in the normal pool for another few months.

gg all around

Celegus

I thought the Phalanx shield was added in right now, but the Condemn one is only Season 1. I'm going for the new Crusader set, got the pants so far!

Yeah everyone just has to pay 1 fragment to get in, instead of one person paying 5.

Oh nice, I think that's better. Bit too tired to think of how that effects RiF though.

EDIT: Holy shit, those salvage all buttons! Something that should have been there from day 1 vanilla D3 but better late then never!

Tyreny

So what should we be aiming for on rings/amulets now? Do we want sockets on them all now? And what stat should we replace to get the socket?

Asked the same Q last night. Crit damage and Crit Chance add too much DPS to undo. The consensus seems to be to replace the main stat or the elemental damage, depending on your situation.

Tom Penny

4 set is where SWK out paces everything else. Its not really worth it just to get the 2 piece. It's all about getting as many procs as possible.

I see. Well this game has refused to give me ring of grandeur since back in the day so I can never get full sets :( At least I got nerfed Gyna helm finally !!! I wonder if it's better to use that biggie smalls crown looking helm that has reduced CDR gem buff since I'm now using epiphany.

Strider

So I just finished up my first session with patch 2.1...

So it seems my monk has less survivability, but he deals more damage. I haven't actually read the patch notes yet so not exactly sure what was changed (other than OWE) and yea I'm good with that. It's fun blazing through mobs quicker. Also I LOVE the new look of the lightning tornadoes from Sweeping Wind.

What surprised me most was how well my game ran for once. Idk if performance improvements was supposed to be a big deal this patch but my game ran smoother than ever before. Since I started playing D3 my framerate would constantly shift from anywhere between 40 and 120 fps. Today it was smooth as butter.

So far I'm really liking this patch. I originally planned to play in the first season but I'm not so sure now. I need to catch up to a lot of you in paragon levels :D

Quesa

So I just finished up my first session with patch 2.1...

So it seems my monk has less survivability, but he deals more damage. I haven't actually read the patch notes yet so not exactly sure what was changed (other than OWE) and yea I'm good with that. It's fun blazing through mobs quicker. Also I LOVE the new look of the lightning tornadoes from Sweeping Wind.

What surprised me most was how well my game ran for once. Idk if performance improvements was supposed to be a big deal this patch but my game ran smoother than ever before. Since I started playing D3 my framerate would constantly shift from anywhere between 40 and 120 fps. Today it was smooth as butter.

So far I'm really liking this patch. I originally planned to play in the first season but I'm not so sure now. I need to catch up to a lot of you in paragon levels :D
Weird, I'm having the inverse experience (more survivability but less damage).

Asked the same Q last night. Crit damage and Crit Chance add too much DPS to undo. The consensus seems to be to replace the main stat or the elemental damage, depending on your situation.

Interesting... do the legendary gems add that much damage? 500 main stats on rings and 750 on amulet seems kinda hard to give up.

Celegus

Interesting... do the legendary gems add that much damage? 500 main stats on rings and 750 on amulet seems kinda hard to give up.

I would imagine a lot of them are worth it, yes. I started upgrading the 30+ second 20% bonus damage after killing an elite pack, and it's up pretty much all the time. I'll definitely take that over a main stat, and that way it opens it up to be usable on any character.

J. Bravo

Anyone wanna do some act 1 bounties later tonight or tomorrow day? I'll be on around 7pm central tonight and hopefully 10am tomorrow morning. I soooo need that rrog(rorg?)

Sarcasm

Every item I get is -% in everything..I don't understand. I been grinding for over two weeks since I hit 70..and have even done 4 GR...

leg suck and my greens suck yet I can't even solo T2!

So talking legendary gems. Which ones am I looking for as a monk?

So far I have the bleed damage one and the elite pack boost. Either of those considered good?

Celegus

So talking legendary gems. Which ones am I looking for as a monk?

So far I have the bleed damage one and the elite pack boost. Either of those considered good?

Elite pack one is great. Are you a holy monk? I have one that does a huge amount of holy damage occasionally, assuming these procs are also affected by +elemental bonuses.

StMeph

I feel like GRs need some reworking structurally. I don't feel like there's any major difference or advantage to pushing higher level GRs compared to lower ones. And squeaking by a higher one doesn't really incentivize trying the next step up, because it's pretty brutal even incrementally. I should want to try to slam my face into the wall.

Clearing a GR should give one free gem upgrade chance in addition to the option for more upgrades or the upgraded rift token for the next tier. That way clearing them will still see something meaningful. It would disincentivize starting too low and ramping up, since those would still have a low chance of success for higher level gems.

But that's less grindy, and Diablo needs a grind. Gems could probably be scarcer, as they are just dropping everywhere.

Reduce gem drop rates, improve gem leveling by giving one upgrade chance per GR clear, done.

I would imagine a lot of them are worth it, yes. I started upgrading the 30+ second 20% bonus damage after killing an elite pack, and it's up pretty much all the time. I'll definitely take that over a main stat, and that way it opens it up to be usable on any character.

Good point. I'm so not looking forward to farming another rorg, soj, and amulet though.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Is there a reason to continue to run t6 rifts now that greater rift difficulty is purely based off of the level number?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2dy4l6/alkaizers_opinion_on_the_gr_and_leg_gem_system/

Alkaizer (transcribed) said:
It's just a really shitty situation right now, especially considering Greater Rifts almost have no use right now in the game, whatsoever. People look at Greater Rifts right now, and they're like, you know, that's gonna be the thing to do. But in the end, soon as your gems are maxed out there's no reason to do Greater Rifts ever again. You just need to go back to T6 to farm loot AND exp. You'll get more exp from doing T6 rifts than you will in Greater Rifts even when you're hitting 35/36/37 in a group.

Unless something drastic changed since this post was made, Alkaizer's assessment is probably correct. GR to level your gems, then T6 rifts for loot and exp.

Stevey

Just had a quick play with 2.1- V-Sync working at 120/144hz is so much better.

Also, my Furnace has changed from the 8% health fire damage to 49% damage against elites, and the DPS has gone up by about 500.

taybul

Anyone know how much better higher level GRs are in terms of drops? I want to know if I should intentionally do poorly on the trials to get a low GR key and upgrade from here or if I should give it my all and always shoot for the highest I could do. I only went through a couple GRs this morning so I don't even know if this is how it could work but my character is certainly not T6 viable yet and GRs seem like a good route for upgrades.

Deadly

Anyone know how much better higher level GRs are in terms of drops? I want to know if I should intentionally do poorly on the trials to get a low GR key and upgrade from here or if I should give it my all and always shoot for the highest I could do. I only went through a couple GRs this morning so I don't even know if this is how it could work but my character is certainly not T6 viable yet and GRs seem like a good route for upgrades.
I tanked mine and did lvl1-2 so far. Got a leg gem+leg on each. Good way to collect all the gems, bad to get loot.

ZenaxPure

Unless something drastic changed since this post was made, Alkaizer's assessment is probably correct. GR to level your gems, then T6 rifts for loot and exp.

I wouldn't say anything is changed, I only get 1 or 2 legs on average 30+ GR, but, to be honest I can't say I am surprised. Blizzard has touted this thing as sort of a competitive feature from the start. I don't think it was intended to be the best way to gear up. I've kinda always seen it as something you do when you actually have all the loot you want.

The reason people are supposed to keep going back is for the leaderboard stuff. Personally I can't say that appeals to me very much, but, I am interested in seeing how far I can personally go. Already trying to beat my own times and stuff. I can't say how long I will find that entertaining, but, considering I was never really into the loot part of this game and always the combat this is quite literally exactly what I've wanted from the start. Like I distinctly remember in a vanilla d3 thread wishing there was an endless dungeon feature in the game that got harder each floor. GRs are exactly that if you replace floor with next tier.

That said though, on the XP side of things GRs are still pretty good. Not as good as spamming T6 rifts over and over again, but, it's not terrible. I gained ~9 billion XP yesterday doing exclusively GRs (and the occasional T6 rift for a trial key).

Boogdud

I just watched the blizzard video for patch 2.1. Narrator sounds like text to speech, it's like some kind of reverse uncanny valley.

edit: didn't notice it was Brandy Camel (had it muted at the start), she should seriously do some voicework for GPS or a Siri or even character work, crystal clear voice and pronunciation.

Shouta

Tried a bit last night before getting back on Dragon Quest X but new passives seem to help monk damage in general and the defensive strength is increased too, I dig it. The max spirit increase is really nice too.

Definitely want to try Crusader a bit as well, maybe today or Friday.

Begaria

I haven't done a GR yet, though I've only been doing a small amount of rifting and only have one GR keystone. I spawned my first Vault about half an hour ago during my lunch break. It was so fun! That 100% gold find buff is so good to have in this place. I went in with 185 million and left with about 215 million and scored a few legendaries from the big chest at the end. Double gobbies is great to. Has anyone run into the army of goblins in rifts yet in 2.1? Is there like...double that amount? That would be insane to see.

I wouldn't say anything is changed, I only get 1 or 2 legs on average 30+ GR, but, to be honest I can't say I am surprised. Blizzard has touted this thing as sort of a competitive feature from the start. I don't think it was intended to be the best way to gear up. I've kinda always seen it as something you do when you actually have all the loot you want.

This is how I always looked a fit. Otherwise it would just replace the original rifts.

Anyone got a hellfire ammy yet?

ZenaxPure

Anyone got a hellfire ammy yet?

I'm not even sure I want a hellfire ammy anymore. My poison immune necklace has been far too valuable in GRs, I think if you can get your hands on any of the elemental necklaces they will do more for you in GRs than a hellfire ammy will. I still want to craft some for the hell of it, but, keywardens are such a bore to farm. I wish they would do something to make it faster, running around trying to find the fuckers and then not even getting the key really kills my motivation to farm them.

Which I still see as a shame because the fights are pretty fun (and Diablo especially is nuts on T6). Now that the furnace has been changed the fights might even last longer than 20 seconds.

Celegus

I wouldn't mind getting a group together to do some uber bosses. I have ~8 keys of each type and my only decent amulet is a Vaxo on my DH. The rest are boring ones without any special properties.

Quesa

Still haven't gotten a RRG :( Is it worth it to try to get it at higher difficulties or should I just run it at lower ones for more chances to drop it per hour?

This patch really like reset my bad luck or something lol, 3 jade pieces after <400 shards and finally got my legendary potion from a grift boss, been trying to get one since ros release.

This patch really like reset my bad luck or something lol, 3 jade pieces after <400 shards and finally got my legendary potion from a grift boss, been trying to get one since ros release.

I'm almost 4,000 shards into just trying to get a Bombadier's Rucksack. It just won't drop. I'll get 2 or 3 of every other quiver. But that one? Notta once.

I'm not even sure I want a hellfire ammy anymore. My poison immune necklace has been far too valuable in GRs, I think if you can get your hands on any of the elemental necklaces they will do more for you in GRs than a hellfire ammy will. I still want to craft some for the hell of it, but, keywardens are such a bore to farm. I wish they would do something to make it faster, running around trying to find the fuckers and then not even getting the key really kills my motivation to farm them.

Which I still see as a shame because the fights are pretty fun (and Diablo especially is nuts on T6). Now that the furnace has been changed the fights might even last longer than 20 seconds.

I have machines and keys. Currently one machine for each fight. I have enough keys to make another 6 machines. I have two organs too. I need a set piece on the ammy for my monk, but my DH and WD could use one of these hellfire ammys.

I don't have a good elemental reduction ammy.

If I'm on, I will be tonight, and anyone wants to try for one let me know.

Have you gone through all of Radiolab's stuff already? There's a lot of fascinating stuff in there. 99% Invisible is another great one, kind of similar to Radiolab. And The Infinite Monkey Cage is... unique. It's a british panel show with really smart scientists and comedians, but they lean more towards hypothetical theories than interesting facts. And if you're in the mood for completely made up science, I've been listening to Oh No Ross & Carrie lately, where they go undercover to join weird conspiracy theory and pseudo-science groups.

Wow thanks, infinite monkey cage sounds like it will be right up my alley. Oh no Ross & Carrie sounds interesting too.

Nere

Do normal rifts take like 10 times more time to complete now or is it my idea? Greater rifts are really fun but needing to do normal rifts first and then the trial thing and then upgrade the keystone kills it a bit for me.

joesmokey

Do normal rifts take like 10 times more time to complete now or is it my idea? Greater rifts are really fun but needing to do normal rifts first and then the trial thing and then upgrade the keystone kills it a bit for me.
I thought a T6 rift took much longer to complete than usual, but then I thought maybe I was just rusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom