• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
How do I join the guild anywho

The US clan's maxed out. We're giving people a chance to check in over the weekend before we start booting people.

Overflow clans didn't work out. We're using the GAF community instead and it's working out a lot better than having people split up. Check out this post for info:
How to join the US GAF community

By the way everyone, remember to re-join the chat since the patch reset it.

Only had 20minutes with the game last night as I am tied up painting a house : /. On top of that my net was disconnecting so I only got to run half a normal rift twice as I kept dropping out so I haven't had a chance to try these GR yet. However in that time I did get a 1 hand bow that i've never seen before, it had 16% fire damage attached to it. Considering my DH is currently running a fire build if I can re roll a stat to 10% damage and then get that item to drop which adds a socket it could be a good upgrade.

Ran that Halls of Agony 3 times quickly before I had to sleep but dind't get the portal unfortunately. Should be able to run it a few more times tonight, fingers crossed I get at least one chunk of gold before they patch it out.

Also this game on my new 4K monitor is incredible!

The US clan's maxed out. We're giving people a chance to check in over the weekend before we start booting people.

Check in? Do Paragon level differences count as checking in?

Dahbomb

Yesterday I spent 2 hours working with SWK builds in 2.1. I came up with a build that is apparently the best build in 2.1.

Its in my profile if people want to look at it although its also under "best Monk build 2.1" on PTR.

Although looking at that build on Diablofans I GREATLY disagree with Captains Crimson on there. Captain Crimson gives 10% RCR which is terrible for SWK. Ideally you would want Witching Hour/Vigilant/String of Ears, Depth Diggers and Ice Climbers. On my profile I have Captain Crimsons simply because I don't have a better option than it. One I get Depth Diggers I will swap it for sure.

Dreavus

Loving this new patch. I've only been able to get a socket on one of my rings so far so I haven't got to use the new gems too much yet.

In my one slot, I thought Taeguk would be awesome as a disintegrate Wizard, but the stacks don't arrive fast enough. It's roughly 1 stack every .5 seconds, but I kinda thought it'd be faster since beam attacks constantly drain Arcane Power. Also, reapplying a buff every 3 seconds as "upkeep" to hold on to your stacks is too annoying for this gem to be very good for me. :(

The upgrade should be +stack duration or +0.01 damage or something, not +max stacks. base 20 is annoying enough to get to on it's own without making the cap even larger.

Oh well, going to switch to Bane of the Trapped for now (I'm hoping Temporal Flux passive counts as a "control impairing effect")

Quesa

Overflow clans didn't work out. We're using the GAF community instead and it's working out a lot better than having people split up. Check out this post for info:
How to join the US GAF community

By the way everyone, remember to re-join the chat since the patch reset it.

I think I did it right?

Also newb question: When I'm dual wielding and see a two-hander that's giving me all-green percents, is it safe to assume that those changes are effectively comparing that one two-hander to both of one the one-handers I'm holding? What's the best way to compare the inverse (I have a two hander-equipped and want to know if having two specific items would be better)?

Miker

I have Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls unopened in front of me. I'm trying to figure out if I want to activate them or not.

I've played some of the Starter Edition - just reached level 8 or so, and to be honest, it's pretty damn boring. Is that just because it's locked to normal and I barely have any skills/runes? I'm not much for grinding, and I don't think I'd play it more than twice, but I do enjoy the basic flow and crunch of combat.

Should I activate the games or not?

kirblar

I have Diablo 3 and Reaper of Souls unopened in front of me. I'm trying to figure out if I want to activate them or not.

I've played some of the Starter Edition - just reached level 8 or so, and to be honest, it's pretty damn boring. Is that just because it's locked to normal and I barely have any skills/runes? I'm not much for grinding, and I don't think I'd play it more than twice, but I do enjoy the basic flow and crunch of combat.

Should I activate the games or not?
Which class were you playing? The endgame is definitely the "real game" when you can play with all the options. You may have just not been playing the right class for you.

I wanna dive into the PC version since I'm playing the Ps4 version but I see it 40 bucks each for the game and expansion. I may still do it but I gotta do the trial version first to see how it feels playing the PC version

Omega

Banned
I plan on picking the PC version up sometime this weekend.

I didn't really care for D3 when I playd it. Ended up getting RoS on console with my free XBL credit and I'm addicted, but would rather play on PC.

I added myself to that spreadsheet, hopefully someone can power level me. i don't wanna go back to being a noob

nbraun80

Relatively new to DH so not the best gear, but what do you guys think is the better ring here? The Manald adds about 150k damage, but is that better than having the 15% fire damage + the elite damage I get from the SoJ? I feel bad for not using an awesome ring like SoJ, but without any crit or socket, I just don't know if it's worth it...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Relatively new to DH so not the best gear, but what do you guys think is the better ring here? The Manald adds about 150k damage, but is that better than having the 15% fire damage + the elite damage I get from the SoJ? I feel bad for not using an awesome ring like SoJ, but without any crit or socket, I just don't know if it's worth it...

SoJ has better damage against elites, for sure.

Definitely losing against whites though, no matter what you do

A well rolled SoJ will typically have elemental, main stat, elite dmg and crit anything

Why not use both? I notice you have a yellow in your other socket

Raticus79

[Community stuff]
Join requests are done, invitations sent. Check your Communities button (by the friends button) and accept. Remember to click the connection icon next to the community after accepting to enable the chat.

nbraun80

SoJ has better damage against elites, for sure.

Definitely losing against whites though, no matter what you do

A well rolled SoJ will typically have elemental, main stat, elite dmg and crit anything

Why not use both? I notice you have a yellow in your other socket

Thanks for the input, and I suppose I could, the yellow was 401 dex, 400 vit, 44 CD, 5 CC. Still losing some sheet damage there, but SOJ probably makes up for it;

j-wood

Loving patching 2.1, but I have a question about the greater rift keys. Each person in the party has to have one to enter now correct?

What happens if I open a level 20 grift, and then a person joins my game but either:

A: Doesn't have a grft key
B: has a lower level grift key

Dahbomb

Some notes about more 2.1 play today.

*Regular RIfts take way longer to complete. Medium/low health trash mobs are worth so little progress bar now, even big enemies don't give that much mobs. They need to redo the progress bar again because it's a slog getting through regular T6 Rifts now even though you are destroying all mobs in an instant. A GR26 Rift takes much less time than a regular T6 Rift even though GR26 is slightly harder than T6.

*Greater Rift reward structure is out of wack. Mostly talking about the shards here as completing a fairly difficult GR29 awards you about the same number of shards as a T4 Rift!!! The Legendary drop rate for GR is mostly fine though... at 30+ you get a good amount of Legendaries for your troubles.

These changes to Rifts actually makes it slower to farm shards than before.

Raticus79

Starting to get the hang of the Sunwuko set gameplay. Missing the Eye of Peshkov to really crank up the spirit regen. I don't expect to be setting any records, heh.

This guide seems to be pretty good.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835-g37-the-strongest-2-1-monk-build-quin69

Lost a fair bit of DPS enchanting sockets onto my stuff, but at least I get to try out the gems now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234

Kekegi's is just on there for the cooldown reduction right now.

cdyhybrid

Starting to get the hang of the Sunwuko set gameplay. Missing the Eye of Peshkov to really crank up the spirit regen. I don't expect to be setting any records, heh.

This guide seems to be pretty good.
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/835-g37-the-strongest-2-1-monk-build-quin69

Lost a fair bit of DPS enchanting sockets onto my stuff, but at least I get to try out the gems now.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/3454234

Kekegi's is just on there for the cooldown reduction right now.

Thanks for posting that. Have all the gear except the gems and the helm, so I'm pretty close. Managed to get one of the alternate gems he listed, so I'll try and level that up for now.

Non-optimal roll on Flying Dragon, but it's decent.

Ayumi

Trying to avoid reading this thread while on vacation since it's making me sad that I can't play until Monday.. I tried the new patch for about an hour and had so much fun! Can't wait to play for many hours and sit down to catch up with all the news! ; ω ;

Lain

I wanted to find out if there had been some hotfix yesterday and instead I found out that the Firebird set was/is bugged. It's kinda funny.

Vodh

Loving patching 2.1, but I have a question about the greater rift keys. Each person in the party has to have one to enter now correct?

What happens if I open a level 20 grift, and then a person joins my game but either:

A: Doesn't have a grft key
B: has a lower level grift key

They can't join you in the rift.

In fact, I think that for GRs you actually all have to be in the game and have the keystones when you're opening, once the rift is open it's impossible to join.

And I'm not 100% on that, but them joining the game probably doesn't affect the mob difficulty inside the GR as it is fixed for 'solo lvl 20 GR' diff, but don't quote me on that.

So Firebird's is bugged in the sense that the 6-set DoT either does all normal hit damage or all crit damage depending on if the attack that triggered the 3000% damage was a crit or not. I'm still clearing T6 with relative ease though, so I'm not too hampered by it for now.

They also hotfixed the Halls of Agony 2 guaranteed goblin spawn, luckily I managed to get 2 Vault portals yesterday.

desverger

How do you DHs feel about cold spec now?

I have a full Marauder DH, and I played around it with a little yesterday, and I was quite impressed, especially with a decent Frostburn.

However, there are a few things I find odd about it. First of all, CA rune shoots rockets, but no other cold skill does - feels kind of silly to slot that passive just for one skill even if the rocket damage is impressive.

It also feels that you need some difficult to get pieces to get the most out of the set, namely Kridershot, and there aren't as many good +cold pieces as there are good +fire pieces. Frostburn is certainly no Magefist and there is no chest with +cold damage out there.

Overall, I'm impressed with the results though, it seems like it's a more defensive spec with all the freezing going on - at one point, I was almost able to permafreeze a GR boss with all the Frostburn procs from my sentries.

One idea I also had going on was to slot Polar Station to your sentries and slot Cull the Weak passive, which would make you benefit from the passive but still have fire spenders equipped.

Deadly

Some notes about more 2.1 play today.

*Regular RIfts take way longer to complete. Medium/low health trash mobs are worth so little progress bar now, even big enemies don't give that much mobs. They need to redo the progress bar again because it's a slog getting through regular T6 Rifts now even though you are destroying all mobs in an instant. A GR26 Rift takes much less time than a regular T6 Rift even though GR26 is slightly harder than T6.

*Greater Rift reward structure is out of wack. Mostly talking about the shards here as completing a fairly difficult GR29 awards you about the same number of shards as a T4 Rift!!! The Legendary drop rate for GR is mostly fine though... at 30+ you get a good amount of Legendaries for your troubles.

These changes to Rifts actually makes it slower to farm shards than before.
Agreed on both counts. Doing rifts just seem like a chore now, terrible if you're solo too.

This game is incredible right now. A friend of mine who constantly hated on the game was instantly converted after reading the 2.1 patch notes

Tom Penny

How do you know when elemental damage outweighs flat out more damage. My paper DPS goes up 10% with one amulet ( like 100K )vs one that has my main stat lighting at 17% which takes me to 108% total lighting. Also trying to figure out if my Helm with 30% lighting which would take me to 138% lighting is better than staying at 108% with Gyna Helm that shoots 572% fire ball on lashing tail kick.

Kunohara

I managed to get two Vault portals one after the other on my first two goblins in HoA. Made 50 million gold and got two Sunwuko set items from the boss there, plus the gold gem. I was pretty lucky. I kept playing HoA hoping to get another vault, but as I was playing, they must've fixed it because the goblins weren't spawning anymore. Just having the chance of getting into the Vault was really fun. When you see two set items/legendaries drop from one boss, the pull is strong, heh.

I managed to get two Vault portals one after the other on my first two goblins in HoA. Made 50 million gold and got two Sunwuko set items from the boss there, plus the gold gem. I was pretty lucky. I kept playing HoA hoping to get another vault, but as I was playing, they must've fixed it because the goblins weren't spawning anymore. Just having the chance of getting into the Vault was really fun. When you see two set items/legendaries drop from one boss, the pull is strong, heh.

With the almost guaranteed legendary droprate on Greed, doing Vault runs through HoA was the closest to the old D2-style bossruns. I enjoyed it while it lasted.

lexi

Banned
Killed maybe 50 goblins over the last 24 hours and had a single vault spawn. I suppose that's fair enough given how much gold / loot you get from them, but isn't pretty much everybody else getting them way more frequently?

Celegus

Agreed on both counts. Doing rifts just seem like a chore now, terrible if you're solo too.

It really sucks solo, I always look for a group. And with the changes to the percentage bar, you're not even guaranteed to get a RG if you get an especially crappy rift. Luckily I've only had one like that, where we killed every monster in the rift but were stuck at 87%.

The Hellfire amulet is a joke. Finding the keywardens, hoping you actually get one, and then the horrible drop rate from the uber bosses... it's bad. Our group barely got enough to make 2 amulets from 8 or 9 sets of bosses last night, and they went straight to the salvage pile. It's a neat idea, but the amount of work it takes isn't worth it at all to me.

Dahbomb

Yea its a shit ton of work to get the Hellfire amulet.

Best way to do it is to split search the Wardens on T6. Every player finds their own Act wardens and then TP to player.

Mikhael did 50 Amulets per class and it seemed like one out of 5 amulets was decent. You would need to get at least 10 amulets for a decent chance to have one usable Amulet.

StMeph

The Hellfire amulet is a joke. Finding the keywardens, hoping you actually get one, and then the horrible drop rate from the uber bosses... it's bad. Our group barely got enough to make 2 amulets from 8 or 9 sets of bosses last night, and they went straight to the salvage pile. It's a neat idea, but the amount of work it takes isn't worth it at all to me.

It was intended to be and end-game grind/chase, but the two-drop structure makes 50% pretty painful to do. And Hellfire's not THAT useful for everyone at high GR tiers, considering it's probably more useful to have lightning or arcane absorption instead.

Celegus

It was intended to be and end-game grind/chase, but the two-drop structure makes 50% pretty painful to do. And Hellfire's not THAT useful for everyone at high GR tiers, considering it's probably more useful to have lightning or arcane absorption instead.

Yeah I'd much rather have a lightning or arcane amulet. Just walking through an arcane sentry for a second one shots all of my characters. Maybe one of them will drop for me someday!

Pickman

I'm enjoying the new changes to 2.1 and the greater rifts. Still haven't gotten a greed realm portal, though :(

I like the graphic enhancements, although for some reason the new pointer annoyed me at first.

Best update overall is the Salvage All buttons, imo.

Question: can Greed portals spawn in rifts, or just adventure mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom