• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

I just can't find a good 2-hand bow. My first legendary drop since the patch now and it was garbage.

But plans are dropping like there's no tomorrow, hopefully I have them all soon..

Omega

Banned
guessing the main GAF one doesn't show up? I'm only seeing the overflow one

also shit. I have Dahbomb on my friends list because I was supposed to get RoS when it came out and never did =/

While doing a quick T6 for Keystone of Trial, a sword dropped for me. From the floor graphics and the inventory, it looked similar to an Exarian. I almost FS-ed it before i IDed it. Then, after ID-ing it, the "New Transmorg Available" window came up. I instantly knew what it was....RIMEHEART!!

So now, what can I do with an INT Rimeheart? Cold based wizards are lacklustre right now. I do have a couple of crappy Frostburns though...but no Winter Flurry. Anyway to abuse Rimeheart with the new 100% freeze Blizzard? I think the best proc chance would be Ray of Frost though.

Any ideas?

ElyrionX

Seems like the most powerful build for Wiz now is the Gale/Apocalypse Hydra one. On the one hand, I am glad the Wiz is finally back to her roots as a kiting/ranged class instead of the ridiculous melee shit that was forced upon us by the sheer power of SNS in vanilla and then Woh in RoS. On the other hand, the build is strangely passive since it runs no primary skill and sometimes you literally stand around and just wait for your dot to kill the enemies.

Seems like the most powerful build for Wiz now is the Gale/Apocalypse Hydra one. On the one hand, I am glad the Wiz is finally back to her roots as a kiting/ranged class instead of the ridiculous melee shit that was forced upon us by the sheer power of SNS in vanilla and then Woh in RoS. On the other hand, the build is strangely passive since it runs no primary skill and sometimes you literally stand around and just wait for your dot to kill the enemies.

I wish I can do this. I haz no Furnace! T_T

nbraun80

You know if there are any viable cold builds now? Just got back after a few months and my arcane orb/mirror ball wiz is feeling pretty lame, got all this gear build around %cold damage though so I hate to scrap all that. I wonder if hydra plus blizzard is decide now with buffs to those and the 100% freeze chance on blizzard.

Dahbomb

They just added sentries procing knockback to upcoming hotfixes, so that's gonna be gone shorrtly.
black-kid-crying.gif

Blizzard giveth and Blizzard taketh. And that's the end of my physical Marauder build.

ferr

Tried out 2.1 for the first time. Legendary Gems seem lame since they can only be fitted into jewelry. I feel like it looks like not much of an upgrade, but I do see all of the top ladder people using them, so..

ElyrionX

You know if there are any viable cold builds now? Just got back after a few months and my arcane orb/mirror ball wiz is feeling pretty lame, got all this gear build around %cold damage though so I hate to scrap all that. I wonder if hydra plus blizzard is decide now with buffs to those and the 100% freeze chance on blizzard.

Haven't tried anything myself but the Blizzard Hdyra build is only made viable by the Firebird set. Those two skills are not strong individually.

My guess is, the only high-Torment/Grift viable cold build is likely to be based on Woh and the new Cold rune for Explosive Blast.

Oh yeeah...I have those. Is this build great in party GRift? My party moves along at breakneck speeds.....basically ignoring whites and going straight for elites.

It's great for Grifts as it is very mobile and you have high survivability due to Mirror Images and Illusionist.

What level can gems go up to got Bane of Powerful to Rank 25 and noticed I can keep increasing it. Got it to 27 So its at 57 seconds. I assume Rank 30 and 60 seconds is the max?

nbraun80

Haven't tried anything myself but the Blizzard Hdyra build is only made viable by the Firebird set. Those two skills are not strong individually.

My guess is, the only high-Torment/Grift viable cold build is likely to be based on Woh and the new Cold rune for Explosive Blast.

It's great for Grifts as it is very mobile and you have high survivability due to Mirror Images and Illusionist.
ah I see. Well I'm trying freezing blizzard + hydra+ MM + blackhole and also I have the wand that gives you two hydras. It's actually pretty decent because I can almost get a permafreeze between the blizzard and my MM, I have prodigy on so as my hydras and blizzard are doing work I'm spamming MM gaining mana back to keep spamming blizzard to keep freezing them. I'm sure it's not high-torrent viable but still fun.

What level can gems go up to got Bane of Powerful to Rank 25 and noticed I can keep increasing it. Got it to 27 So its at 57 seconds. I assume Rank 30 and 60 seconds is the max?
I don't believe they have a hard cap so to speak, it just becomes almost impossible to level them past a certain point.

Here's a chart I found. Top number is % chance to upgrade gem, bottom is the difference between the gem lvl and grift lvl you beat.
100%90%80% 70% 60% 60% 60% 60% 60% 60% 60% 30% 15% 8% 4% 2% 1% 0%
+10 +9 +8 +7 +6 +5 +4 +3 +2 +1 0 -1 -2 -3 -4 -5 -6 -7

So basically you're limited by the lvl of grift you can beat.

**edit didn't line up that great when copy and pasted, here's the link if it's hard to line up http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2eq4k8/ros_21_legendary_gems_guide/

Found a Star of Azkaranth, didnt roll Cr/CHD/Ele Damage :( Going to keep it to see if I can hack it into something useful when I upgrade my rings.

Found a Star of Azkaranth, didnt roll Cr/CHD/Ele Damage :( Going to keep it to see if I can hack it into something useful when I upgrade my rings.

Congrats! Reputedly the RAREST item in the whole game. If you're not in GRift, you can keep it in your inventory and wear it when some fire element elite shows up.

Does anyone know how the DH sentry breakpoints work? Apparently with a bow I should try to hit the 2.84211 breakpoint but I'm not even close. Do I just look at the Attacks per Second line on my character details sheet? Or do I need to do some sort of calculation?

With maxed attack speed in paragon points, bow with 6%, quiver with 20%, rorg with 6%, tasker & theo with 7%, my character sheet shows only 2.20 attacks per second...

Tarazet

So are there any good Arcane builds for Wizard these days? I have a really good arcane Andariel's and arcane SoJ on that alt, but not much else at all. I've also got a cold SoJ.

joesmokey

Great day of farming with only a couple hours at it.

Got my 3rd Ring of Royal Grandeur (with a base socket affix so I could turn it into something useful), 5th Unity, Firebird off-hand, but more importantly my 2nd Firebird glove that I could turn into a tri-fecta. Now I can use Firebird 6 piece pretty decently with Unity+SoJ when soloing.

I can't decide what to do with my rings. I see the top ranked people have rolled off crit dmg in favor of the gems. I don't know though if that's because they were just stuck with the crit dmg affix on the roll trying to make it go up to 50% (like I am with some of mine). Seems like ~5% crit chance or the main stat would be with giving up more, but not sure.

I tried the 2hr high dmg base approach with the Firebird 6 piece and didn't really enjoy it. Giving up mirrorball after all this time is too hard.

Xanathus

So are there any good Arcane builds for Wizard these days? I have a really good arcane Andariel's and arcane SoJ on that alt, but not much else at all. I've also got a cold SoJ.

I imagine the best Arcane build is still that Arcane Torrent one, but it might be better now with the new bracers that make you immune to stun/knockback.

ElyrionX

People are using two handers to get as high base damage as possible.

I see.

I thought long and hard about it but if you're running Firebird's, it's very hard to justify Mirrorball. Firebird orb gives 20% fire damage and losing it means having to sacrifice either gloves or chest which means that you are effectively giving up 40% fire damage by using MB.

It's also really hard to fit MM into the ApocHydra build as the slots are all very heavily contested especially for high GRifts.

Newbie question... how do you not roll the stats when you find something?

It's randomized what the items stats will be when it drops. Some items will have pre-determined rolls on certain affixes. The Star of Azkaranth for example will always have Cool-Down reduction + Main stat, the next 3 affixes are random.

The official Diablo site lists all legendary/set items, and what they can roll.

Thorgal

Currently installing the game .

Does it matter which region you pick or should i pick America if i want to play with Gaffers ?

Xanathus

Currently installing the game .

Does it matter which region you pick or should i pick America if i want to play with Gaffers ?
Yeah it matters a lot, all your chars and stuff are bound to the region you play on though you can play on any region. Just pick the region that is closest to you for better ping.

Robin64

Looking forward to starting the first season when it goes live tonight. Probably going to blitz to 70 using the no-kill T6 method and I'm thinking I'll probably roll Barb as I haven't played that at all beyond level 20 normally.

Thorgal

Yeah it matters a lot, all your chars and stuff are bound to the region you play on though you can play on any region. Just pick the region that is closest to you for better ping.

So even if i where to pick Europe , i can still play with everyone who is in America ?

Jrmint

Looking forward to starting the first season when it goes live tonight. Probably going to blitz to 70 using the no-kill T6 method and I'm thinking I'll probably roll Barb as I haven't played that at all beyond level 20 normally.
Could you explain this leveling method?

Thorgal

As long as you are happy to start again at level 1.

GAF has communities in both regions.

Thanks !

Anyone from EU playing on an American server and notice any Lag?

Reason i want to play on an NA server is i fear that like GW2 the EU disappears before the NA one .

(Not saying it is going to happen but i am just being cautious :p)

Robin64

Could you explain this leveling method?

Via diablofans:

Also, Usling recent shared, in a thread on our forums, a method he considers to be the fastest way of leveling a character from 1 to 70 - in slightly over 3 hours (tested on the PTR before it went down - see the VOD). It consists on farming Bounties (on Torment 6) which do not require you to kill any monsters to be completed. Not exactly a new method, but still a very efficient one.

Create a new game and check the map for the following bounties:

Miser's Will (Act V - very rare) - Westmarch Commons - could take a while to find the Miser's Hovel
Miner's Gold (Act II - common) - Howling Plateau - need to be alive to get the experience when the event ends. Either keep moving and avoiding enemies, or respawn right before it ends. If you can, open the resplendent chest to get some loot so that you are tankier in future runs.
Jar of Souls and The Matriarch's Bones (Act I - somewhat common) - Cemetery of the Forsaken - the Matriarch's Bones can be completed without killing the Ghost. Just ignore him and click for the crypt to end the quest.
This method is even better in a party (since there are more targets for enemies, less chance of dying), with each player creating their own game and inviting others once the quests are found. It also makes it more likely for the party to find the Miser's Will event, which grants more experience than the others.

Mind that this method has a few cons:

It is somewhat boring, as you aren't really fighting, just avoiding enemies and collecting the bounty reward.
You will die often, so it's not suitable for Hardcore (unlike the tips from the previous video).
You will get most of the experience from Miner's Gold, and there's a catch with that event - if you're dead when it ends, you get no experience (unlike the other 3 events which require you to "activate" something to get the reward).
You will barely collect any materials (pre-level-60), almost no gold (for lvl 70 enchants), and less Rift Keystones and Blood Shards than through normal leveling.
Note that in the VOD previously acquired Gold was used to buy gear from vendors (for improved Toughness), which is needed to survive and get the experience in the Miner's Gold event. That would result in even less gold once the player reaches level 70.
Remaking games over and over again (to check for the events) could be problematic for players who have disconnect issues, or if Blizzard servers are overwhelmed by too many users.

Thorgal

One last thing : should i install ROS right after the vanille game or should i play the vanille version first ?

Would i miss anything by doing so ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom