• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDaravon

As amusing as it would be to be in the first 1000 to hit 70 and get that Conquest, there is no way I can bring myself to do the no-kill 70 bullshit to do it.

Xanathus

Hehehe I wish I could see the looks on the faces of all these people trying to do the no kill t6 leveling method when season starts.

JayHayabusa

As soon as the first PTR hit way back in June, and news came that they are changing Preparation to a cooldown, I removed it from skills and learned to play without it.

I am running a 6 pc Mara sentry build with Reaper's Wraps and no Hatred generators. But my Hatred pool is almost always replenished since I kill mobs so fast and health globes fill the sceen.

Unless you want to run a different build, you need to learn to play this way. Use the slot for a better skill.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
try building around the fire arcane torrent. get a blackhole for crowd control and fire shockpulse to retain mobility. combine with something like blur + dominance and energy armor so you rarely have to stop channeling.

Lastly, consider Arcane dynamo. That adds +60% to your channel for the entire duration.

DV, this is from like two days ago but I wanted to ask anyway. I've wanted to use dynamo but my issue with using it with a channeling ability is that I always want to BH -> Channel, especially with the change to channeling spells require some spin up. Any way around this? Enjoying playing my wizards a little bit more, nice change of pace from Crusader and shotgunning people in the face.

MrDaravon

As soon as the first PTR hit way back in June, and news came that they are changing Preparation to a cooldown, I removed it from skills and learned to play without it.

I am running a 6 pc Mara sentry build with Reaper's Wraps and no Hatred generators. But my Hatred pool is almost always replenished since I kill mobs so fast and health globes fill the sceen.

Unless you want to run a different build, you need to learn to play this way. Use the slot for a better skill.

I don't think anyone running M6 is using Prep, the issue is for people running a typical fire CA build until they can get a full set. I'd personally recommend trying to get the insta-explode Bola quiver (or maybe the new free Chakram quiver?). Fire bola is actually pretty good with insta-explode and works with any fire gear you have.

Stevey

Could anyone explain this?

4EA66EA204E1F39D08FC3853BB856ECC135A735D

-10%

Here is my profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SteveyBoy-2192/hero/39726954

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
-20% from heavenly strength, with +10% from something else.

edit: the +10 is from Holy Cause.

Fatphotog

Banned
Didnt look at profile, but I assume you are using a two hander with a shield. When you do that, it knocks your damage down 20%. You must also have the shild that gives you 10% back, so now your only -10%.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on Gibbering Gemstone drops with 2.1? I know it was busted before, but supposedly the chance to drop has increased. However, I've killed Chiltara about a dozen times and still haven't gotten one.

Waikis

Is it worth levelling mirinae to level 25 as holy SWK monk? seems like the proc from FoF is already high enough and the upgrade could be better spent on other gem?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Hehehe I wish I could see the looks on the faces of all these people trying to do the no kill t6 leveling method when season starts.

Step 1: read old guide, patiently wait for quest to appear

Step 2: die horribly to the elites they added to those quests

(as far as I know - not sure if they got them all)

Xanathus

Step 1: read old guide, patiently wait for quest to appear

Step 2: die horribly to the elites they added to those quests

(as far as I know - not sure if they got them all)

Actually it turns out I'm wrong, they're still effective and probably faster than just doing low difficulty bounties though they're slower than they used to be. And you can only do them with classes that can evade enemies like DH and WD.

Thorgal

I got the game working and started a crusader but i got one major issue.

As soon as i try to exit the game it hardfreezes and i have to reset my PC.
Any idea what could cause this ?

I only have this issue with Diablo.

joesmokey

A lot of my friends who came back for RoS didn't come back for 2.1. Hmmmmmm.
RoS was new content and a lot of great additions to fix the game. 2.1 is just moving the carrot out a little further. No real reason to come back unless you want to get best in slot for everything again (seasons, meh).

Dahbomb

Do we know yet if the elemental gem procs (lightning, holy, poison, physical, etc) are affected by +element damage bonuses?
Poison is not, the rest are I can definitely confirm that Lightning and Holy scale with element.

Honestly the only reason Monks are using Holy builds is to buff up the smite gem and the FoF spirit generator which does both good damage and has a great proc efficient. If the smite gem wasn't buffed by holy then Monks would be free to use any element as SWK proc doesn't scale with Holy damage.

I got the game working and started a crusader but i got one major issue.

As soon as i try to exit the game it hardfreezes and i have to reset my PC.
Any idea what could cause this ?

I only have this issue with Diablo.

Some anti-virus' cause Diablo to lockup upon quitting.

Saw that seasons start later than I thought. Oh well, still managed to get all the conversations out of the Mystic, and get all the conversation achievements.

ZenaxPure

Is everyone doing the no-kill strat? I'm wondering if Act IV bounties is the best normal way of doing it.

Act 4 is probably the best normal way of doing it, those bounties are always the fastest unless you get kill Diablo which just takes too damn long even in the best gear.

I'm probably just going to stick with act 1 stuff myself though. I'm not that interested in being super fast or anything and I need a rorg for the build I am going for, even if it is a lower level one until I can get a higher level one. I don't really like the no-kill methods because it means pretty much no fragments for max level. I want to try to spend as little time as possible outside of rifts when I first hit max level.

iirate

Poison is not, the rest are I can definitely confirm that Lightning and Holy scale with element.

Honestly the only reason Monks are using Holy builds is to buff up the smite gem and the FoF spirit generator which does both good damage and has a great proc efficient. If the smite gem wasn't buffed by holy then Monks would be free to use any element as SWK proc doesn't scale with Holy damage.

I've somehow missed this and I've been following monk developments closely for months.

Dahbomb

List of some procs in the game that deal element damage and if they scale with element damage:

Andariel's Visage +%Poison Damage Yes
Azurewrath +%Holy Damage Yes
Band of Hollow Whispers +%Arcane Damage Yes
Demon Machine +%Fire Damage Yes
Fire Walkers +%Fire Damage Yes
Firebird's Finery (6) set bonus +%Fire Damage No
Fjord Cutter +%Cold Damage Yes
Gyana-Na-Kashu +%Fire Damage Yes
Helltooth Harness (6) set bonus +%Poison Damage (?) No
Legacy of the Nightmares (2) set bonus +%Physical Damage (?) No
Mad Monarch's Scepter +%Poison Damage Yes
Manajuma's Way (2) set bonus +%Poison Damage Yes
Monkey King's Garb (4) set bonus +%Holy Damage No
Pox Faulds +%Poison Damage Yes
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (6) set bonus +%Lightning Damage No
Razor Strop +%Fire Damage Yes
Shard of Hate +%Cold/Lightning/Poison Damage Yes
The Magistrate +%Cold Damage Yes
Thundergod's Vigor +%Lightning Damage Yes
Winter Flurry +%Cold Damage Yes
Wizardspike +%Cold Damage Yes

Recently they fixed these items to have their procs scale with elemental damage;

Blackfeather +%Physical Damage
Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) set bonus +%Physical Damage
Cinder Switch +%Fire Damage
Death's Bargain +%Physical Damage
Death Watch Mantle +%Physical Damage
Fulminator +%Lightning Damage
Odyn Son +%Lightning Damage
Maximus +%Fire Damage
Moonlight Ward +%Arcane Damage
Schaefer's Hammer +%Lightning Damage
Scourge +%Fire Damage
Shenlong's Spirit (2) set bonus +%Fire Damage
Stalgard's Decimator +%Physical Damage
Storm Crow +%Fire Damage
Thunderfury +%Lightning Damage

Celegus

Awesome, good to know. I think the Smite and Swiftness gems will be really cool for a holy Roland Crusader.

ElyrionX

Firebird does not scale with fire damage? So does that mean I should forego all these fire gear (Magefist and Cindercoat) I am using with Firebirds?

joesmokey

Firebird does not scale with fire damage? So does that mean I should forego all these fire gear (Magefist and Cindercoat) I am using with Firebirds?
You can still take advantage of it with your primary skill. If you are using the DoT as your main source of damage then those are unnecessary. That's why people are dropping a source and going with 2hr. Furnace is apparently the best one since it has the +elite dmg bonus.

It also makes gems like Simplicity's Strength a little less valued since all you are trying to do is reach 3000% as fast as possible.

That's why I like maintaining Mirrorball and using Firebird's DoT as a nice added source of damage. I don't like the 6 piece playstyle otherwise, though we'll see how things play out in higher torments.

MrDaravon

Seasons start today, have a 3 day weekend, crazy Nintendo shit announced, and going to finish Kill la Kill with the wife tonight.

Its gonna be a good day diabros

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom