• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

Yup, that's why I rerolled mine to sockets and didn't look back

Damn I put a small fortune into some of those to roll certain things since they require gems. Good to know going forward. Might have to roll some cheap rare amulets and rings !!! They still do the job.

Radec

Lvl 1 to 69 is gonna be a chore again. This time no help from a max lvl character doing miners. :/

See you US Gaf later in seasonals.

I still don't know who to use, DH or WD

DV, this is from like two days ago but I wanted to ask anyway. I've wanted to use dynamo but my issue with using it with a channeling ability is that I always want to BH -> Channel, especially with the change to channeling spells require some spin up. Any way around this? Enjoying playing my wizards a little bit more, nice change of pace from Crusader and shotgunning people in the face.

Unfortunately not, my friend.

Managing those stacks can be obnoxious, but I continue to do it because the damage buff is worth it. When I can I try to keep it at 4 stacks, then BH --> 1 autoattack --> channel

I currently have my "lazy as all fuck" Wizard build equipped here

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DreamVisions-1571/hero/3314095

I don't do anything but channel, black hole and wait for all of the rasha's procs to pound everything. Teleport there to give me some space. Cindercoat there for cost reduction. Channeling is free with those items and skills. When I'm not feeling lazy as shit, I have dynamo skilled with a traditional generator (usually fire shock pulse) on the main click and arcane torrent on the second click.

Speaking of dynamo, I couple of days ago I had a ton of fun with this:

Electrocute (fastest Dynamo generator)
Fire Blizzard (secondary, spender)
Fire Hydra
Blazaar BH
Molten Impact Meteor
Teleport

Shit was bananas. It was like:

5 dynamo stacks --> Hydra --> 5 stacks --> Blazaar --> 5 stacks --> Molten impact --> 5 stacks --> Blizzard --> 5 stacks --> repeat when any thing comes off cooldown.

Damage is stupid. It was also good with Shock Pulse as the generator but it's slower to get to 5 stacks than Electrocute. With electrocute, you're only waiting about 1 second between each spender cast so it doesn't take long at all to get the full combo out on the field.

I'll probably do more of that today. It really was superfun.

Maledict

You combine it with the Goldwrap belt which gives you toughness for every gold piece you pick up to run around with several million toughness and laugh at everything...

ZenaxPure

Yes , but as a new player still on his first character ,should i bother doing this ?

Honestly you may as well. At the end of the season the characters roll back into the normal game and everything carries over (items gold, xp, everything!). If you are just starting then this is as good a place as any, especially since there are season only legendary items.

Robin64

Yes , but as a new player still on his first character ,should i bother doing this ?

You're probably in the perfect position to do the season. If you're going to be levelling to 70 anyway, why not do it with the additional bonuses the season brings? At the end your character will roll over to normal play anyway.

It's more focused on people who've been playing awhile and want a total reset, if you're a new player, it wont be a big deal. There are a few season only legendaries, but after the season ends they are rolled into normal game modes.

J. Bravo

i had some great luck today with bounties. opened 21 bags and got 6 legs. 1 leorics signet, 2 sanguinary vambraces, and....

.....wait for it.....

3(!) rings of royal grandeur!

1 dex and 2 int. and then i rolled a socket in like 4 rolls. woooo

EekTheKat

I'm making progress with my fire wiz, but I'm having problems pushing beyond T2 at the moment. Though I just got the plans for Aughild's (3 set bonus that's +15 damage dealt to elites, -15 damage received to elites), so hopefully that will push me over to the next tier.

I'm getting an awful lot of repeat leg drops though, though just a higher level version of the old piece I had while leveling up.

Celegus

It's how you do Seasons, bro. Take a week and level up to 70 if you want to.

This game STARTS at level 70. The sooner you get there, the better. I'll be doing exactly this.

I don't think seasons are for me then. I know the game starts at 70, which is why I'll just stick with my already level 70 characters.

i had some great luck today with bounties. opened 21 bags and got 6 legs. 1 leorics signet, 2 sanguinary vambraces, and....

.....wait for it.....

3(!) rings of royal grandeur!

1 dex and 2 int. and then i rolled a socket in like 4 rolls. woooo

Were those normal bounties? If so, that is completely insane. I'm amazed if I get 1 legendary in 20 bags, let alone a RoRG (or 3).

Insaniac

The one that sometimes spits out gold? Seems useless to me... I'm set for gold after just one vault.

No, you're thinking of goldskin. Goldwrap is a belt that gives you armor when you pick up gold. One pile of gold from the legendary gem will practically make you invincible for the 5 seconds you have the boost.

Thorgal

In regards to My game freezing when trying closing the game :

I still have the same issue .

According to the Official forums Norman is the most likely cause so i disabled it and it still crashes.

Others say to Uninstall Norman , but that is not an option .

ZenaxPure

People are rushing to get the Conquests. Only first 1000 people are awarded with it.

Not exactly, according to blizz's post on seasons anyway. Anyone can earn conquests it's just that the first 1000 people show up on the leaderboard. It says if you don't make it you can still earn them for points that add to your seasonal achievement total.

ZenaxPure

I assumed first 1000 was attainable at first, but it's really not enough. Even on HC where people are even more hardcore.

I think having 1000 is a bit silly honestly, 100 would have been better just for displaying it. Like if I got 772 on one of them what would I care haha, that is so far down the list.

Tacitus_

It's how you do Seasons, bro. Take a week and level up to 70 if you want to.

This game STARTS at level 70. The sooner you get there, the better. I'll be doing exactly this.

Yeah fuck that. I'm not going to burn myself out doing mindnumbing shit. Did the bounties in every act instead (4 acts with 4 players, last with 2, <3 EU clan) and ended up at 35.

J. Bravo

I don't think seasons are for me then. I know the game starts at 70, which is why I'll just stick with my already level 70 characters.

Were those normal bounties? If so, that is completely insane. I'm amazed if I get 1 legendary in 20 bags, let alone a RoRG (or 3).

yep all normal bounties. kept hearing that legendary sound and got so excited haha. i also found a mask of jeram today! 78% but still better than nothing.

any suggestions for my wd? http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/balddemon-1627/hero/41371417

Stevey

One thing that has always bothered me is this-
The affixes on items with gold bullet points aren't factored into item comparison and sheet DPS.

Why?

Why did Blizz feel the need to not include them?
It makes no sense to me.

Robin64

There are over 300 people at level 70 already on the EU leaderboard. It's been live for 3.5 hours now. Give it another hour and that's going to be full. If you aren't willing to do Miner's, it looks like you won't get on and you're best ignoring that board.

Edit: Now over 400. Damn.

Yeah fuck that. I'm not going to burn myself out doing mindnumbing shit. Did the bounties in every act instead (4 acts with 4 players, last with 2, <3 EU clan) and ended up at 35.
Word. However you get there is fine.

the "mindnumbing" comment makes me laugh, though. After having to do 600+ Act 1 bounties to get my first fucking RoRG, I don't want to hear shit about having to spend 2 hours doing something repetitive to get level 70. 2 hours is nothing in this game to me anymore. I'll be doing it with a smile. Nothing, and I mean not a single fucking thing could ever be worse than grinding RoRG's.

If anyone wants in on the Bullet Train to 70, hit me up. She ain't got no brakes. Fuck the nonsense.

ZenaxPure

Why did Blizz feel the need to not include them?
It makes no sense to me.

Because it's way too complicated and near impossible. The easiest to think about is always elemental damage, assume it was calculated into sheet damage. So you have 100% fire damage that is pushing your sheet damage up, but, you only use lightning skills. The sheet damage is just as misleading.

But that is really only a simple example (because most people would be smart enough to figure out if they were using a fire skill or not). There is harder stuff like cooldown reduction. How do you calculate cooldown reduction as a damage number stat? It doesn't actually increase the damage of your skills, but, it lets you use them more often which makes you do more damage overall. You can't really turn that into a number because it is dependent on what skills you have equipped. If you don't have any abilities on a cooldown that increase your offensive capabilities then cooldown reduction does nothing for your overall damage.

We already see how misleading this is with something like attack speed. Attack speed effects your character sheet damage, but, it doesn't actually make you hit harder, just faster. So on a leapquake barbarian, where none of your attacks are effected by attack speed, the damage number that gets added by attack speed is literally wasted. It is doing nothing for the character and the damage stat is a lie on your potential damage. I could reroll every piece of gear I have to get more attack speed and boost up that damage number, but, the reality is my damage would only go down because I'm trading away stats that actually boost damage for something that does nothing for the build.

MrDaravon

Word. However you get there is fine.

the "mindnumbing" comment makes me laugh, though. After having to do 600+ Act 1 bounties to get my first fucking RoRG, I don't want to hear shit about having to spend 2 hours doing something repetitive to get level 70. 2 hours is nothing in this game to me anymore. I'll be doing it with a smile. Nothing, and I mean not a single fucking thing could ever be worse than grinding RoRG's.

If anyone wants in on the Bullet Train to 70, hit me up. She ain't got no brakes. Fuck the nonsense.

I fully respect this. Don't think I can bring myself to do it, but godspeed son.

Edit: I just realized how fucked it's going to be when people wind up getting some awesome endgame legendary like a RRoG, SoH, Krider etc at sub level 70. I just looked, RRoG is apparently a level 12 item. Predicting sadness.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Here are the leveling / gem guides from DatModz stream:

Leveling: http://pastebin.com/5VN34WD6

Season 1 Ladders Speed Leveling

Step 1: Adjust game to Torment 6 on Adventure Mode. Find 3 friends to split farm with and mass invite when you get the spawn, "The Miner's Gold" & "Miser's Will" give the most experience; so prioritize those. *Miser's Will has an extremely low spawn rate now

Step 2: Complete these following bounties as the appear(Note: You must be alive when the bounty is completed to receive experience):
Act 1: The Matriarch's Bones, Jar of Souls
Act 2: The Miner's Gold
Act 5: Miser's Will

Step 3: Pray to RNG Jesus that your RNG was better than others and get Realm First 70!

Good Luck

Some clarification from reddit:
- Matriarch's Bones spawns an elite pack after you activate the 3 tomb things but you can still run past them and activate. This needs to be changed so that you need to kill the elite pack before you can open up her tomb.
- Jar of Souls spawns the elite just as you're able to click the jar at the end. There should be an elite pack that you need to kill before you activate the jar or make it so you have to kill the elite pack before you can click the jar to complete the quest.

Gems: http://pastebin.com/cMhRxr4C

Speed Leveling Legendary Gems

Gem Upgrade Chance / Greater Rift Level Compared to Gem
----------------------------------------------------------

0% / -7
1% / -6
2% / -5
4% / -4
8% / -3
15% / -2
30% / -1
60% / +0
60% / +1
60% / +2
60% / +3
60% / +4
60% / +5
60% / +6
70% / +7
80% / +8
90% / +9
100% / +10

The most efficient way to get a level 25 Legendary Gem would be farming "9" Greater Rift Trial Keys, which drop off normal rift guardians/bosses. Than proceeded to complete Greater Rifts Level: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28, 31, 34, 37; Which allows a 100% chance to upgrade your gem to tier 25 | PS. don't forget to hit upgrade gem every time you complete a greater rift

Skab

Trying to decide what class I want to make when the season goes up. Thinking Barb, but I have no idea what the current good builds for them are. Any suggestions/tips/links?

ZenaxPure

I just looked, RRoG is apparently a level 12 item. Predicting sadness.

I am expecting this to happen to me, but, honestly I don't care. The build I want to go with requires rorg to work at all so no matter what level I get it, it will be good. It will also allow me to try and farm for a second one faster and still do rifts if I want.

Trying to decide what class I want to make when the season goes up. Thinking Barb, but I have no idea what the current good builds for them are. Any suggestions/tips/links?

Honestly all you have to do is log on and inspect the top people on the leaderboard.

That said, it really depends on what you are aiming for. If you want to be at the top of the GR leaderboard then your options are basically raekor (I think most people are going fire) and fire leapquake. But, if you don't mind falling back some ranks but still be capable of doing T6 then you can roll with pretty much any element of earthquake or raekor builds as they are all pretty solid now.

Outside that there aren't really a ton of options, barbarians still don't have any great build making non-set legendary items, and, the seasonal barbarian item is really terrible (but it's so terrible I am personally hoping they will change it before the season is over. as it stands right now it's not worth the slot as it is a weapon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom