• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

If I want to farm some (regular) rift keys, are people still doing normal mode split bounties, or did Blizzard do something to nerf those?

Hmm can't decide what class to play if I come back for the season. Barb/DH are the only classes I haven't really played at max but it seems like Barb doesn't have a lot of build diversity based on what I'm reading here. DH seems flavor of the month and I prefer melee. But I don't want to make another Monk/Crusader when I already have some (although getting a jump on the Season Legendary is tempting). Hmm, decisions, decisions.

I wouldn't unless you NEED to due to having too many characters. Season character transition over to normal ones at the end of the season.

ah I wasnt sure how the stashes work, but seasons just seem to do their own thing, ill keep my 70 barb but my other 2 were like 39 and 59 so no harm lost in deleting them

Lain

I was playing a bit for the season stuff when I got the message of 4 people being the first ones in EU to unlock the Top Spot achiev and I admit I was amazed. Didn't think it would take so little time for people to get enough gear to kill Malthael in HC at Torment 6.

Also I found a Rainbow Goblin that once killed opened a portal for the rainbow level. When was this introduced? With 2.1?

FaidSint

Hey all. I lost the ability to play a couple months ago after being super active in the community and the clan. Now that I can actually play again - anyway I can get an invite back into the clan? Hopefully some people recognize me/can vouch for me. Starting a new season character.

I still have a bunch of NeoGAF'ers on my friends list.

Xyber

Decided that now was a good time to finally make a Crusader with season starting and all. Got to lvl 34 in a couple of hours and have to say that he can be pretty damn strong while being a good tank as well. Bumped up the difficulty from hard to master at lvl 26 and apart from when I get completely surrounded by some crazy elite pack I've been doing pretty good.

I haven't really read anything about Crusaders, is it better to roll with a 1-hand and shield or use the passive for a 2-hand and shield? I'm currently using 2-hand and the lower attack speed haven't been a problem yet for building up resources.

Dalek

I just got my first character to level 70 and unlocked torment difficulty. If I want to start a new season character what is the fastest way I should level up in as far as difficulty etc?

Xyber

After a day of getting nothing but shitty plans, the game finally decided to throw me a bone.

OOF4lWl.jpg

I saw it too, I even took a screenshot. I remember being surprised in World of Warcraft when people hit LV 90 in Cataclysm after only a few hours.

Started a new Wizard, since it's what I'm best at. Made LV 16, near the end of Act 1, been playing cooperatively, getting what achievements I can.

Still haven't seen the Lyceum.

IceMarker

Just got home, HA HA TIME FOR SEASONAL HEROES

On that note, I'm glad I got the Collector's Edition which gives you 3 extra character slots. I have 12 used up for 1 of each class/gender/softcore/hardcore, so it's nice the last 3 are seeing use.

mandiller

I saw a few other people mentioning it but the Hoarder gem from the Greed realm is fantastic! You even get gold in places you normally don't get gold, like inside Greater Rifts. I get about 1.7 million gold each rift.

OskWXlK.jpg

TheYanger

After a day of getting nothing but shitty plans, the game finally decided to throw me a bone.

Had one like that yesterday. Had a really good one tonight too when I went in to finish my first gem (finish as in rank 25, I'm sure i'll try to level it more eventually).

Have gotten more loot, and could undoubtedly get a higher level rift, but damn it felt good to get in the zone and absolutely DECIMATE that one and then get the level 25 gem and some decent drops.

ElyrionX

Finally found my first Shard of Hate after wanting it for many months after RoS released but it's no longer close to even be considered a strong weapon. Oh wells

Stevey

Started a season Crusader on EU last night, got to level 26 just doing bounties, pretty fun starting over. Is there any word on how long each season lasts?

Robin64

The EU leaderboard for level 70 was full at midnight, which means it took four hours. Looks like that's the metric to get on if they don't fix Miner's for S2.

TheYanger

The EU leaderboard for level 70 was full at midnight, which means it took four hours. Looks like that's the metric to get on if they don't fix Miner's for S2.

The us one was even shorter. shit's nuts. There are friends of mine that are almost Paragon 100 that didn't even place on that thing.

ZenaxPure

Only the top 3 of this list made the first top 1000 to get 70 for this season.

EDIT: these are EDT times

Yeah my plan of doing nothing but act 1 bounties worked out pretty well, still got 70 in a reasonable amount of time (played on Master almost the entire time) and I have a shit load of rift fragments to last me a few days... Didn't get a damn rorg though BUT my friend got one on our second set of bounties. Fucking fuck fuck.

Not gonna go back to farming for it until I get a little bit of gear. I have like 11% crit and 98% CHD atm lol. Need to fix that shit asap.

Anyway, was a lot of fun starting over. The leveling process was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be. The last time I leveled a barbarian starting from scratch was when I first booted up the game in vanilla, with all the changes over the years it barely feels like the same class I leveled back then. But I mean that in a pretty good way, a lot more of the skills were useful and the combat felt a lot more fluid than my original go.

Also I find it weird that you need like 86 mil xp to go from 69 to 70, but like 7 million xp for plvl 1 to 2.

Managed to get my HC Season Crusader to 70 without falling asleep, yay! Just barely made the leader board by snagging spot 920. Time to pass out and then gear some tomorrow.

I did manage to get a vault rift right after I hit 70 though. Got some money and a decent weapon from it, but I need to get a forgotten soul now to roll a slot onto the weapon.

EDIT: This was weapon I got right as I hit 70. I tried rolling for a socket with 1 forgotten soul I did have, but no luck.

ElyrionX

Just had a Grift in the new area.

I guess when Blizzard said that they "spent some time polishing it up for use in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts", what they really meant was that they spent just enough time to make it as technically playable as the least technically playable area (Rakkis Crossing) in the retail release.

Zuggie

Neo Member
Loving 2.1. I sent a request to the overflow and GAF communities on the NA realm: Swatseal#1259. Hope to be hunting with you guys soon

Been playing D3 with the sound off for like the last 7 months...turned it on today. I forget how amazing the sound design is in this game.

I keep music off though FOREVER.

I got one of those Aether Walkers on my Wizard-it's a nice thing to have around. I'll look into a resource cost reduction set for running bounties even after I outgrow the item (preferably with a Wand of Woh or Serpent Sparker) for rifting. You can really zoom through some territory fast with it.

Dahbomb

That Wedding Band is better than the Band of Hollow Wispers. The Wedding Band unrolled has almost the same DPS as the Hollow Wispers and with a reroll it will have even more damage.

Dahbomb

You can also settle for + damage instead of mainstat but yea the rule of thumb is that you want 3 offense stats (with two bring crit) and 4th being a socket on Rings. Exception includes SoJ which has Elemental damage plus Elite damage which trump standard offense stats.

ElyrionX

Wait what? The sound effects alone can cause a significant frame rate drop? That seems crazy, how many areas? I like the sfx but if it's a common problem I'll turn that off.

Only in the areas where there are massive FPS drops such as the Act 3 areas like Rakkis Crossing. It's easy to test. Whenever you notice a sharp drop in your framerate, just press Ctrl + S to turn off the sound. When I do that, I get an instant 20-30 fps more in areas like Rakkis. It's a known issue with the game but it's never been fixed.

XShagrath

Question about Seasons..

I know your any paragon XP you get from Seasons rolls into your main account afterwards, but that's just the XP, and not the levels, right? So if you say gained one PL in Seasons (which is 700XP or something?), then that wouldn't make a dent in your overall PL. Or do you gain the levels equivalent? So if you got up to PL 50 in Seasons, you are +50 levels in the main game later?

Question about Seasons..

I know your any paragon XP you get from Seasons rolls into your main account afterwards, but that's just the XP, and not the levels, right? So if you say gained one PL in Seasons (which is 700XP or something?), then that wouldn't make a dent in your overall PL. Or do you gain the levels equivalent? So if you got up to PL 50 in Seasons, you are +50 levels in the main game later?

It's just the accumulated XP, so it won't amount to much if you're already a high PL on your main account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom