• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hit level 70 on seasons and was complaining to my friend that in 9 paragon levels of farming act 1 bounties I haven't gotten a single legendary yet. Then one guy in my party finds the goblin realm and the boss drops me this :D

XzIsjiz.png

Tom Penny

I got rainment 6 piece and running jawbreaker build but it's not as good as I thought although I can crit 100+ million once in a while. I need a damn royal ring so I can add 30% more lighting with my eye of storm.

XShagrath

It's just the accumulated XP, so it won't amount to much if you're already a high PL on your main account.
That's kinda what I thought.

I guess once I hit 70 in Seasons and get the transmogs, I'll be jumping back to my regular characters. I've got other hobbies and a job, so there's no way I'm climbing high up on the leaderboards. If I get lucky, maybe I'll get one of the seasons-only legs along the way, but I doubt it.

Radec

Any tips for a new DH?

Im only lvl 70 paragon 25. Dunno what skill build to use, having a hard time at T1 since most of my gear are just yellow.

Got lucky with a goblin rift tho, awesome leg gem. Gold ain't gonna be a problem anymore.

Firemind

I got one of those Aether Walkers on my Wizard-it's a nice thing to have around. I'll look into a resource cost reduction set for running bounties even after I outgrow the item (preferably with a Wand of Woh or Serpent Sparker) for rifting. You can really zoom through some territory fast with it.

Can you teleport twice with Wormhole for the cost of one?

Season 1 right now is so shallow I hope they learn and add more to season 2... Other than "first to ___" it becomes a grind to get that season legendary and once you get it? You're better off farming paragon exp on your main than continue with the season character who is literally just your main without the gear to do efficient farming...

They need to spice it up with random attributes that makes it different from your normal game mode such as Elites come in pairs for example.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I'm thinking of starting my first hardcore character, but I've got a few questions about it:
- is stuff shared between your HC characters?
- if you have 1 HC character, they die, and you create a new character, does anything from your previous character carry over (paragon level, stash, gold, artisan levels)?

zerosum

The vaults are amazing. I'd like to see them take a bit a bit further. They really nailed the atmosphere in there, just so short though.

Dahbomb

Season 1 right now is so shallow I hope they learn and add more to season 2... Other than "first to ___" it becomes a grind to get that season legendary and once you get it? You're better off farming paragon exp on your main than continue with the season character who is literally just your main without the gear to do efficient farming...

They need to spice it up with random attributes that makes it different from your normal game mode such as Elites come in pairs for example.
It's the same argument we have all the time.

The more exclusive stuff they add to Seasons (or make them better than the standard game) the more Normal mode only players will complain about it.

XShagrath

The more exclusive stuff they add to Seasons (or make them better than the standard game) the more Normal mode only players will complain about it.
But there's absolutely nothing stopping a "Normal-only" player from participating in Seasons.

nbraun80

But there's absolutely nothing stopping a "Normal-only" player from participating in Seasons.
There is though, and the biggest complaint you'll hear is time. Many people don't feel like basically starting all over from scratch when they have very little time to play the game anyways, but don't want to miss out of new cool stuff. Plain stubbornness is part of it for some people too. Obviously not my opinion, but it's what you hear from those against season exclusive stuff.

Which is a shame because I was really looking forward to Seasons since I never looked into it. But once I saw the legs that season offered...I saw no point in doing it. I can't fault Blizzard there is only so much they can do before ticking off normal mode only players as you stated. Le sigh.

Wilsongt

Legendaries are falling from the sky like rain for me in seasons. :eek: No treasured portals, though, even though I've murdered quite a few goblins

Was thinking of starting the game as a Monk. Good or bad idea for someone who played more Torchlight and TL2 than I did Diablo 1 and 2 combined? As in, is a Monk good or bad for a someone just starting in D3/RoS?

Mordeccai

Okay GAF I need some guidance, Diablo noob. I hit 70 last night, woke up today and started running bounties.

I now have 100 rift keys, a rorg, and some shitty legs for gear with yellows mixed in. I do around 350k dmg and have about 3 mil toughness (Barb).

Do I start running torment 1 rifts now and just farm up set items?

Xyber

Wow.. Decided to farm some caches on normal. 40 minutes later I've now found 3 goblin rifts and 10 legendary/set items.

It's gonna be fun to identify these when I'm done later! (I already identified 2 of them)

Yay :) just bought the game and ROS from someone

Went with Wizard , Season and went with Expert difficulty :3

I have no friends sadly on battle.net so add me up guys ;_;

AldzDrakul

Level 7

Got a lot of questions right now especially farming locations,that "ring" that i need to farm and a whole lot more

The build and skillbuild i'm going for is a heavy dps .. I had a link for that builld which is in the battle.net forums wizard build section but i'm on mobile right now ;_;

Reknoc

logged on today to check the new patch and season up and spent the first like, 10mins wondering if the cursor has changed or if i just have really bad memory

Popnbake

I've been looking into getting the items necessary for whimsyshire (want spectrum for the transmog) and have been farming chiltara on and off the past two days for gibbering gemstone.

It's getting frustrating and I was wondering has anyone here had success farming for the gemstone post-RoS? (currently on t1)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
So....2.1 thoughts so far?

I actually just realized it had been released. Damn classes have left me out of touch.

kinda confused right now o_O

using wizard

reading guides in the forums....what's the best build

i don't know what to do..all i see is firebird build and etc

I R confused ;_;

nbraun80

kinda confused right now o_O

using wizard

reading guides in the forums....what's the best build

i don't know what to do..all i see is firebird build and etc

I R confused ;_;

Really before 70 I wouldn't worry too much about best builds etc. Just build what you think is fun or what the hear you find supports. Once your 70 then you can start looking for the gear you want and tailoring around a build.

MrDaravon

Pretty good day today. Was only on here and there throughout the day, but I hit 70 tonight in Seasons. Had this drop at 69 with pretty great rolls.

gPRGQoW.jpg

I mentioned this a few pages back, but this thing is baller as a hell until you get either the full Mara set (or a Krider). Insta-explode Fire Bolas actually do pretty decent damage when you can't have CA up, and it obviously works with any fire gear you're working on, so I'm actually pretty psyched I was able to get one so early in the grind. Then I did one rift at 70 and found one of the new legs:

81St2v1.jpg

This is another leg I'm glad I found early, because this is the only time I'd ever actually use it, the bonus on it sucks. It was a big DPS boost, and I spent one soul rolling off the LoH to Dex. Will be good short term until I can get another better leg, and this is actually probably the best looking 2h Crossbow so I'm happy I have it for the transmog later if nothing else. I still have sub-70 gear in almost all slots but I'm already up to like 400k dps and ~3 mill Toughness, so I can probably cruise through Master or maybe T1, will try in the morning.

Shifty76

I got rainment 6 piece and running jawbreaker build but it's not as good as I thought although I can crit 100+ million once in a while. I need a damn royal ring so I can add 30% more lighting with my eye of storm.

I'm not a big fan of EotS. Forced AR/light dmg/dex rolls which means you get cc OR vit OR socket, meaning you lose either tons of vit or tons of cdr.

I prefer to run full 6pc as SoJ is obviously your #1 ring, and double unity is far more valuable than up to 30% more lightning dmg.

Raiment set as a whole is just pretty crappy though. Sunwuko or bust for monk these days.

Lain

Took my season Wizard to 70 and that taught me that 2h weapons are pretty awesome with channeling spells, at least up to T1, which is where I'm at now.
I've been using Disintegrate with Intensify rune as my main attack along with Frozen Solid Blizzard and Mammoth Hydra to deal damage on the move and keep things in check and managed to get good results (i.e, I was killing stuff comfortably with my shitty gears and having fun).
The sad part is that it's now 7.40AM and I wanted to go to sleep 7 hours ago.

Tarazet

Been playing a Crusader in seasons. I hadn't touched the class since RoS launch and I figured this was a good time to get familiar with it again. I chose a build that didn't require any extraordinary gear.. just good rares.. used my knowledge of what rolls on what and was able to hit Torment I solo rifts immediately on hitting 70 just by cherry-picking pieces from Kadala. Pretty sweet. Ended the night clearing 17 in a Greater Rift with a 4-man group that had three Crusaders in it.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Tarazet/51784409

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom