• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
I hope they do more for future seasons. I got my DH to 70 and honestly don't see any reason to continue playing it, think they need to steal from PoE and have something unique about each season.

Dreavus

I hope they do more for future seasons. I got my DH to 70 and honestly don't see any reason to continue playing it, think they need to steal from PoE and have something unique about each season.

Yeah, unique shrines/monster affixes/other stuff would do a lot to keep me on my seasons character. Unique legendaries to hunt for is a step in the right direction, but they need to do more.

JayHayabusa

Any timeline on purging the Neogaf Clan? Put some games in with Celegus and some other random gaffers but really looking forward to the full benefits of being in the clan?

Nymerio

I'm really enjoying playing a new monk in season but I hope they do more interesting stuff in the future. So far it's just the base game with new legendaries.
What I want to see is something like limited duration class seasons where everyone plays the same class with the same maybe randomized build to see who manages to get the farthest in like an hour or two.

Nymerio

Speaking of goblin portals, how rare are they exactly? I got one in the very first game I played in 2.1 (T1 with my monk) but haven't found one since. Same with ramaladni's gift, it was the first legendary I found in 2.1 but haven't found one since.

ZenaxPure

Speaking of goblin portals, how rare are they exactly? I got one in the very first game I played in 2.1 (T1 with my monk) but haven't found one since. Same with ramaladni's gift, it was the first legendary I found in 2.1 but haven't found one since.

I got the achievement for killing 100 goblins in seasons last night, and then, after probably a dozen more kills I finally got my first one to spawn (in seasons).

RNG is RNG, but, I'm going to say pretty low.

eek5

I got the achievement for killing 100 goblins in seasons last night, and then, after probably a dozen more kills I finally got my first one to spawn (in seasons).

RNG is RNG, but, I'm going to say pretty low.

Keep in mind that rift goblins will never spawn a vault.

Also I think if you have a rift open and you kill goblins outside it also won't spawn a vault because the "area" that the level spawns in is occupied by the rift.

Nymerio

Also I think if you have a rift open and you kill goblins outside it also won't spawn a vault because the "area" that the level spawns in is occupied by the rift.

Aaah, didn't know that. I was mostly doing rifts and was wondering about that.

I think my season Wizard is officially more geared than my regular one now, lol.

Got 2-set Vyr's. Pretty high-end Warmonger.

Puzzle ring which is super shit, but still, Puzzle Ring!

Among other things.

Neil_J_UK

Started a WD for the season, but playing with a Barb friend really emphasizes how stationary and slow WD's are at clearing things, especially Pet Docs.

I want to switch to something that can do damage on the move, I'm thinking DH or Wiz...

Found a T6 goblin realm, equipped all my gear in storage that had gold find on it and maxed paragon gold find. Managed to hit 14,000% gold find and came out with 250 million gold lol.

Started a WD for the season, but playing with a Barb friend really emphasizes how stationary and slow WD's are at clearing things, especially Pet Docs.

I want to switch to something that can do damage on the move, I'm thinking DH or Wiz...

The Black Hole/Blizzard/Meteor firebird set Wizard build is pretty powerful and played with a ton of mobility. It does require a ton of gear to work though (full endgame set). Until then Wizard is much more a stop-and-kill class.

DH has scoot and shoot gameplay with a lot of stutter stepping right from the get-go.

Found a Blade of Prophecy(!) with CDR and RCR on my Wizard. I love the random awesome drops you sometimes get for other classes, it gives you a chance to look and see what kind of items and builds other classes use.

Jedi2016

I'd do a lower difficulty if you need the gem.
There's a gem? What gem?

I didn't know that either. I've only killed a few goblins in Rifts so far.

My ongoing problem right now is my overall damage is too low (around 350K sheet dps). I'm only Paragon 62, and don't have any working set pieces yet, even still wearing a couple yellows. My build was originally based around survivability and high block, using Punish, Shield Bash, and Blessed Hammers. I basically charge into the middle of huge numbers of enemies, stand in the fire laughing all the while, while a hundred hammers are decimating everything. Last night, for example, I had an elite pack, a unique, and the Rift Guardian all at once and was taking practically no damage. The unique had missile dampening, so he was cramping my style with the hammers, that was the only reason I targeted him down first.

But I like the way it plays, and it's what I'm used to now, so I'm kind of loathe to change it all up.

Survivability's not an issue (still at 12M+, and I'm not even trying to gear for it anymore), but it does take time to kill things. The goblins reminded me of it because my damage is so low for T1 that they escape before I can kill them, I barely get them down to half health. My lv21 barb has better luck at it, but even if he got lucky with a portal, the gold drop for low level characters is too low to really make it worthwhile.

I'm thinking I should just keep up the grind and get better gear.. am I correct in that?

kirblar

The "monsters poop gold" gem. Will drop at the end of a Gobbo Rift. I think you may need to be in Torment to get it. Apparently is very useful at higher levels for farming gold.

Bombless

The "monsters poop gold" gem. Will drop at the end of a Gobbo Rift. I think you may need to be in Torment to get it. Apparently is very useful at higher levels for farming gold.
I dunno, the fact you can only get it in the place where you get enough money to never need to farm gold again kinda makes it a bit pointless. It's awesome and seeing a sea of gold when murdering packs is hilarious, but eh.

kirblar

I dunno, the fact you can only get it in the place where you get enough money to never need to farm gold again kinda makes it a bit pointless. It's awesome and seeing a sea of gold when murdering packs is hilarious, but eh.
Once you get high enough into the upper torments, you start bleeding a lot of dough.

Tarazet

So I got a pretty good Mortal Drama on my season Crusader, been trying to put together a good Bombardment spec. I really need to get those last couple pieces of Akkhan's set or a RoRG. Any other ideas where you would go given this start? I also got a sub-2000 dps Shard of Hate and a 2100 dps Justinian's which I messed around with for a while, none of them did as well as the Mortal Drama. I must have been tired though.. I see now that I should be running Punish and Towering Shield.

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarazet-1231/Tarazet/51784409

Dahbomb

The Gold gem is NOT pointless.

Whenever you are low on gold you pop that on for a couple of Rifts and you will see a few million easily.

But the real utility of the gem is its combo with Goldskin/Goldwrap. You will get an insane amount of toughness for short bursts of time... I have gotten 500 million toughness with this combo.

Yes that is not a typo.... that is in fact 500, 000, 000. Also the gem works in Greater Rifts too.

Zanosuke

The Gold gem is NOT pointless.

Whenever you are low on gold you pop that on for a couple of Rifts and you will see a few million easily.

But the real utility of the gem is its combo with Goldskin/Goldwrap. You will get an insane amount of toughness for short bursts of time... I have gotten 500 million toughness with this combo.

Yes that is not a typo.... that is in fact 500, 000, 000. Also the gem works in Greater Rifts too.

Yeah, that combo is pretty rad but sadly it doesn't work in greater rifts anymore : (

"LIVE HOTFIXES]

Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts:
Boon of the Hoarder, Goldskin, Gladiator Gauntlets, and Threatening Shout (Grim Harvest) should no longer drop gold in Greater Rifts (8/29)"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811#4

Dahbomb

Yeah, that combo is pretty rad but sadly it doesn't work in greater rifts anymore : (

"LIVE HOTFIXES]

Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts:
Boon of the Hoarder, Goldskin, Gladiator Gauntlets, and Threatening Shout (Grim Harvest) should no longer drop gold in Greater Rifts (8/29)"

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14057035811#4
sad-boy.gif

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Never-ending goblins by failing and restarting the Greed fight:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2f6h3q/farming_spawn_infinite_goblins_in_the_vault/

Preface: This is a goblin farm for gold, gems, items to salvage (vendor food nom nom) and sometimes legendary gear.

Prerequisites: Find the portal to The Vault Have enough DPS to kill goblin in less 6 seconds. (Give or take a few) Have enough toughness to survive Greed's attacks.

Instructions
When you're fighting Greed, position yourself where Greed will charge into a wall. When Greed charges into a wall, Greed will be stunned and pops out a goblin. Kill the Goblin A$AP Rocky, as it will try to escape by teleporting out. Do this X amount of times until Greed does not pop out any more goblins. Collect loot and purposely die to Greed. (ignore thy ego) Revive in town or checkpoint, and enter The Vault again. Fight Greed, rinse and repeat the steps above.

Where to find them?
"Tower of the Damned (L1, L2 and Heart), Tower of the Cursed (L1 and L2) and The Core of Arreat are some good places, all in Act 3.
Some other places to consider is Northern Highlands, and Leoric's Hunting Grounds which is part of Northern Highlands, and Cave of the Moon Clan in Southern Highlands, all found in Act 1."

Played about an hour of a Monk with a friend... and I realized as I was playing, I kept saying to myself, "Torchlight 2 did this as well." lol.

blackr1fle

Neo Member
Just got back with the CE, because cheap goodies. I put in a request on the overflow clan as l0ki, can't wait to get back into this game!

ZenaxPure

Yeah I know, I mention it because I spent almost the entirety of yesterday hunting down goblins to make some gold. I had a ring that needed rerolled and that shit is expensive. Took pretty much the entire day to finally get a vault for me.

So, the game wants me to use Seismic Slam as I just got a http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/fury-of-the-vanished-peak

Any good builds for T1 level gear? I'm currently using a fire HOTA build.

That weapon is alright now that 2h weapons don't suck. Honestly whatever build you're using right now you can probably just swap HoTA and SS and it will work out fine. Though with that weapon given the effect and the fact it is 2h weapon if you are using a generator you could probably drop it and just rely on stuff like war cry or FC to give you fury which would free up a slot for something useful.

Jubs

Lost two T6 rifts and a greater rift due to disconnects. Don't know if it's something on my end or on battle.net's end, but I'll just take this as my cue to stop playing and do something else for a few hours.

Dahbomb

Do you guys think that 2H weapons have completely overshadowed 1H/Dual wield/1H + Source combos now?

At the highest levels even Wizards have started to use 2Hs now (Furnace/Maximus).

ZenaxPure

Do you guys think that 2H weapons have completely overshadowed 1H/Dual wield/1H + Source combos now?

At the highest levels even Wizards have started to use 2Hs now (Furnace/Maximus).

I'd say they're fairly equal right now and it just comes down to your build. Pretty much every wizard is running firebirds now and given that the damage is capped at a fixed rate it just makes more sense to run with something like a Furnace. But for any wizard that wants to run an explosive blast build you are obviously going to go 1h/source. Kind of a similar thing with witch doctors, if you're a pet doctor you will eventually want a SMK/Mojo set up.

Basically people are going to gravitate to weapons based on what they do for a build now so blizzard is just going to have to try and add weapons that actually compensate for that.

Omega

Banned
finally was able to get RoS..but i can't do rifts or anything until i complete this boring ass story mode

why you do this blizzard?

Firemind

I'd say they're fairly equal right now and it just comes down to your build. Pretty much every wizard is running firebirds now and given that the damage is capped at a fixed rate it just makes more sense to run with something like a Furnace. But for any wizard that wants to run an explosive blast build you are obviously going to go 1h/source. Kind of a similar thing with witch doctors, if you're a pet doctor you will eventually want a SMK/Mojo set up.

Basically people are going to gravitate to weapons based on what they do for a build now so blizzard is just going to have to try and add weapons that actually compensate for that.
So basically wizards are stuck between 2H Hydra/Blizzard builds and Wand of Woh builds for higher GR runs. A bit boring, honestly.

Dahbomb

Wizards also have option of Serpent Sparker for their Firebird build.

From the looks of things, it really boils down to Legendary affixes for a build. Like for example without the Jawbreaker one hander weapon the Raiment 6 piece is unusable. Only powerful build changer 1H can compete with 2Hs where as just a standard "+ damage" 2H beats out most 1H combinations.

Crusader also has Darklight build as far as 1H option goes. DHs still have option of Calamity (in fact the #1 DH in the world is using Calamity).

For Barbs the only way they would go back to using dual wield is to achieve certain cooldown break points or if they add Legendaries that compliment Earthquake or Furious Charge. For example if Blizzard makes a 1H that says something like "Earthquake damage increased by 100%" or "Earthquake does 20% more damage per enemy hit" then Barbs go to Dual.wield again.

Tacitus_

That weapon is alright now that 2h weapons don't suck. Honestly whatever build you're using right now you can probably just swap HoTA and SS and it will work out fine. Though with that weapon given the effect and the fact it is 2h weapon if you are using a generator you could probably drop it and just rely on stuff like war cry or FC to give you fury which would free up a slot for something useful.

I still need a generator even with war cry(+fury) and charge (+fury for every hit) for extra health packs and bosses.

With that said, the game also dropped me the cow halberd (cows are insane, they crit for almost HOTA numbers) and a Scourge a bit later.

SO MUCH LOOT

ZenaxPure

So basically wizards are stuck between 2H Hydra/Blizzard builds and Wand of Woh builds for higher GR runs. A bit boring, honestly.

No clue how good woh builds are for GR, I was just using that as an example. I assume it's not reaching its full potential though because everyone is focused on firebirds right now.

Also, it's just always going to be this way. People gravitate towards popular builds and there is pretty much always going to be a few builds that soar above the rest. That will probably change from patch to patch, but, right now yeah everyone is doing firebirds stuff. But every class is fairly similar in that regard where 1 or 2 builds is dominating the top.

Doesn't mean some neat stuff won't come out of it though. Fellow barbarians might be interested to know that Nubtro cleared GR 35 with a WW build yesterday. Similar concept to the vanilla version of the build where you used sprint/WW to give infinite fury, you now use them to constantly proc the pain enhancer gem. It's a really great combo since rend will also activate the rank 25 effect of the gem which in turn lets you spin faster and get pain enhancer procs up faster. Probably the biggest difference from builds of old is the perma-ancients with IK. Basically they just give really great fury generation and single target DPS.

Pretty cool that is a thing that can exist thanks to legendary gems. Seems like he is still early into it as well because he mentions experimenting with other gems and such. The build will probably reach higher GRs eventually.

Tacitus_

So here's my weapon problem(s):

The item comparison was done excluding socketed gems (holding shift) so the CD gem doesn't skew the results. I'm thinking of using the Scourge since the weaponmaster passive is a lot better for swords. Or I could try to roll a socket into Peak (vit or loh? <300k hp feels bad... but that healing...)

Oh and I also just found a +fire dmg neck with almost trinity on it, str, crit and crit dmg

Dahbomb

Yeah there is a ton of build variety (especially for Barbs which I have been playing these days) for anything that isn't super top tier GRs.

I figured out like 7-8 builds for Barb that can efficiently clear T6 Rifts. As far as casual play goes, D3 has finally hit that spot where people can do fun builds and still not feel like they are severely gimped.

Things are of course different if your aim is try to reach GR 40. At that point it's really only one build that excels for most classes simply because there is always going to be one best build. There might be a slight variation on a build but it's still effectively going to be the same concept and combination of top skills.

Also does anyone know if the Bleed effect for Rend counts for the Bleed requirement for Pain Enhancer?

Zeezus

Neo Member
Newbie here on PS4.

Currently a Crusader @ level 38.. Feel free to add me.

PSN: synthetictrip

I'm sending all my old legendary loot forward..

EDIT: Also if you want to dump on me, be my guest hehe ^^

Omega

Banned
Newbie here on PS4.

Currently a Crusader @ level 38.. Feel free to add me.

PSN: synthetictrip

I'm sending all my old legendary loot forward..

EDIT: Also if you want to dump on me, be my guest hehe ^^

this is the PC thread. the console one is in regular gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom