• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreavus

So how long do seasons last? It feels like something that could be just one month or go on for up to around three.

What's a good goal beyond hitting 70 (and unlocking the transmogs)? Is it mostly just vying for a higher position in Greater Rift Leaderboards?

eek5

My season WD is starting to catch up to my regular WD. I have about the same amount of toughness (although it's heavily weighted into HP in seasons). My sheet dps is just off by about 400k haha.

I spent like 1200 shards on helms and just got a shitty zuni helm. Where is the MoJ!?

Gandie

So I've decided to sort out my ring situation. I've got a decent SoJ, I would love to have a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the other slot. Is the fastest way to grind for that to get bounty bags on Act I on Normal?

neoism

So I've decided to sort out my ring situation. I've got a decent SoJ, I would love to have a Ring of Royal Grandeur in the other slot. Is the fastest way to grind for that to get bounty bags on Act I on Normal?

lol its the only way to do it :p

Was playing with eek and maybe 10 minutes after hitting level 70 we got Goblin land it rained mad dough. Also got the Earthquake set helm. A little while after I thought I'd dump some shards into shoulders because why not and Kadala gave up the Earthquake shoulders 30 shards in lol

100h in non-season and I've never found either of those.

neoism

Was playing with eek and maybe 10 minutes after hitting level 70 we got Goblin land it rained mad dough. Also got the Earthquake set helm. A little while after I thought I'd dump some shards into shoulders because why not and Kadala gave up the Earthquake shoulders 30 shards in lol

100h in non-season and I've never found either of those.

lol the RNG gods shit on yo face feels good man... I got my Eye of the Storm, my Thunderfury and my thundergod's belt in the same game. I just couldn't believe it...

Leveling to 20-45 I've gotten like 50 legs I really hope it doesnt stop once I'm 70 :( just 4 mo levels

Got to 70 in seasons, but there really is no point in continuing to play there once you hit 70 so I just went back to playing my main account's characters.

Seasons in their current implementation seems kinda pointless, but atleast the rest of 2.1 was pretty good.

MrDaravon

Just had this drop for my fresh 70 DH:

vzVxjkg.jpg

It's a situation I've artificially opted in to, but shit like this is why I like seasons. I just got legit hyped for a rare ring drop lol.

ZenaxPure

It's a situation I've artificially opted in to, but shit like this is why I like seasons. I just got legit hyped for a rare ring drop lol.

Yeah, it's nice to actually be excited for items again. I legit forgot what that was like on my normal barbarian, there is just nothing I wanted anymore. Every rift I expected to get a few forgotten souls to add to an endless pile and never get anything else (as any gear that would be an upgrade would require basically perfect stats).

On my seasonal barb I am excited as shit whenever I hear that legendary ping noise. Even if I don't end up using it the souls are needed, I constantly have 0 trying to reroll a weapon right now.

neoism

lol first go round in the miners gold thing lol thunderfury at level 67 :***************************( I really didnt want to make a lighting monk again blizzard pls. Kreygasm

ElyrionX

Am I the only one noticing that whatever item slots I gamble for, I seem to get leg drops of those items slot from other in-game activities? I've been gambling for amulets and rings since 2.1 and I seem to be getting a lot more leg amulet and ring drops than I have in the past.

Sarcasm

If anybody doing this supposedly mass exp thing..I can group later or tomorrow.

I can't solo them since I aggro and can't avoid so there is def killing going on..my poor character.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
For seasons is enabled adventure mode and Torment 6

I think it might not be available for players who haven't unlocked it in regular mode yet. Otherwise, yup, I was in T6 adventure mode for my first game.

lol its the only way to do it :p

Well, could do it in torment 1 instead of normal. I probably will be.

Yeah, it's nice to actually be excited for items again. I legit forgot what that was like on my normal barbarian, there is just nothing I wanted anymore. Every rift I expected to get a few forgotten souls to add to an endless pile and never get anything else (as any gear that would be an upgrade would require basically perfect stats).

On my seasonal barb I am excited as shit whenever I hear that legendary ping noise. Even if I don't end up using it the souls are needed, I constantly have 0 trying to reroll a weapon right now.

Yeah, it has been fun. I was actually 3 levels in before I realized I hadn't checked the box when making my seasonal characters, lol, I was in such a rush.

I stayed up late grinding through story mode, just need to finish off act 5 now. Going for Reaper's Wraps as Eek suggested. It'll be interesting to see if the Leonine Bow's clumping effect is worth the potential DPS loss using it in an M6 build with bolas instead of preparation. Glad I didn't have a finished DH yet so I could be running one fresh in this season.

neoism

Am I the only one noticing that whatever item slots I gamble for, I seem to get leg drops of those items slot from other in-game activities? I've been gambling for amulets and rings since 2.1 and I seem to be getting a lot more leg amulet and ring drops than I have in the past.

yeah Ive gotten like 8 ammy legs already mostly all shit though
Well, could do it in torment 1 instead of normal. I probably will be.

Im a noob though lol I got my granola from saving like 10 normal ones and it droped it was dogeshit though and I never used it because in 200 hours in ROS I never once got one of the good set pieces..

pWG4wgs.jpg

ujsdhqdjkdh21o1234098q98we32198r32kjwqdhlkdmcvz(did a Yoshichan)

Just got it from Queen Greed in season. More then likely best bracers i will ever find.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just tried the new patch and I like it, Greater Rifts are fun and give me a reason to farm better gear as T6 was easy already. I really need to get my finger out and farm a good Hellfire amulet at some point.

MrDaravon

The new bow that pulls enemies in on hit with Bolas is RIDICULOUS with the cold rune (fires 3 shots, each have a 50% chance to freeze for 1 second). Nothing can get anywhere near me.

Edit: Messed around with it some more at higher difficulties. It's potentially interesting but not sure it has a place in endgame outside of maybe group play. On the plus side it procs pretty constantly so a good chunk of the screen is getting cycloned in or is frozen most of the time. On the flip side it does pretty crap damage, is annoying to use, and largely sucks against single target and certain enemy types (teleporter, etc). Also I don't think Cull the Weak works with Frozen (tooltip just says chilled or slowed, but I'm not 100% sure if that's correct).

Endgame I could potentially see it being useful in groups even (or especially?) in higher GR's as a support since you can keep most stuff on the screen frozen and together though. At the very least it's interesting, and the fact that it at least could potentially be useful at endgame puts it ahead of most crap legs in the game, so that's cool. Also it's nice for me since I'm using the insta-explode bola quiver right now and I'm still a pretty fresh 70, so it's a solid upgrade for me right now even running fire bola regardless of any endgame viability.

Also like the other new leg 2h Xbow it actually looks cool and is a good transmog.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Okay.
I finally realized how monks tank up stuff in GR40+, where things usually oneshot you.

I currently stand at 76% cdr, plus a Gogok of switfness, which when stacked, brings me to 80% cdr.

Serenity - Ascension is a 4 second invulnerability on a 20 second cooldown.
Add it up, and i've got a 4-second invul on a 4-second cooldown!

Niiice.

Celegus

Roland set is a beast. A little frail to do higher level GRs, but utterly annihilates T6. Super fun to play as, shield bashing everything in sight nonstop for 100m a pop. Still messing with elements and builds to know which one is best. Just wish I could get the Roland boots so that I can use better gloves.

Xyber

Got to lvl 29 greater rift in a 4-party, shit got way harder than 28 which we finished with about 1½ minute left.

I've been trying to get the RoRG for a few days days now with no success. I am either 1 or 2 pieces away from a full Marauder set depending on if I get that damn ring or not.

I just noticed ladder characters got their own achievements for ranking purposes.

Once the season ends though, are those points being reset, or does it merge with what we have in non-ladder ?

neoism

Wooow, what a good 4 player team can do to make this game really fun... got 70 and found a great group on master and got 25 plvl. Legs out the ass... :O I got like 15 plans and 10+ gem plans... and leg after leg.. got over 30+ legs in 4 hours.
Got this too <3
iJhshrJ3oqfms.png

the 3 others was awesome too, we all dropped items for transmog no assholes or nuffin.... In like 14 hours my monk in seasons is gettin real close to my other main...with over 450 hours played lol. I really didnt want to go lighting but its just rainin lighting drops lol. Still haven't done any greater rifts yet.

Firemind

The rng gods have blessed me by giving me my own Aether Walker and, my god, this is literally a game changer. I'm zipping through areas so fast now! I just need some better gear and I can attempt the act1-5 speedrun. Fuck yo ass demon hunters.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
The rng gods have blessed me by giving me my own Aether Walker and, my god, this is literally a game changer. I'm zipping through areas so fast now! I just need some better gear and I can attempt the act1-5 speedrun. Fuck yo ass demon hunters.

Danneta set and vault all the game :D

Yuuichi

Wooow, what a good 4 player team can do to make this game really fun... got 70 and found a great group on master and got 25 plvl. Legs out the ass... :O I got like 15 plans and 10+ gem plans... and leg after leg.. got over 30+ legs in 4 hours.
Got this too <3
iJhshrJ3oqfms.png

the 3 others was awesome too, we all dropped items for transmog no assholes or nuffin.... In like 14 hours my monk in seasons is gettin real close to my other main...with over 450 hours played lol. I really didnt want to go lighting but its just rainin lighting drops lol. Still haven't done any greater rifts yet.

I'm drooling over that sweeping wind passive, dear lord that sounds fun.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I used to ignore Ray of Frost and Disintegrate on my Wizard prior to 2.1, but now, i feel ridiculously OP with them with my lvl 30 seasoned wizard. :D And Disintegrate with the fire rune aint so bad on my lvl 70 normal fire wizard.

I used to ignore Ray of Frost and Disintegrate on my Wizard prior to 2.1, but now, i feel ridiculously OP with them with my lvl 30 seasoned wizard. :D And Disintegrate with the fire rune aint so bad on my lvl 70 normal fire wizard.

you need to try arcane torrent, pronto.

Ayumi

So I missed the season start due to being gone, and see no reason to join until next.. It looks like the ladder is already done, and I would have no chance of catching up if I started an s-hero today. As for the EXP transfer, I easily earn Paragon EXP faster on my main, and I don't even know how good/likely to drop the season-only legendaries are?

Been reading and following this thread since 2.1 and I think some of you felt that ladder should be more advanced than just "first 70". Should I join anyway? Leveling a char is so dreadful!

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
So I missed the season start due to being gone, and see no reason to join until next.. It looks like the ladder is already done, and I would have no chance of catching up if I started an s-hero today. As for the EXP transfer, I easily earn Paragon EXP faster on my main, and I don't even know how good/likely to drop the season-only legendaries are?

Been reading and following this thread since 2.1 and I think some of you felt that ladder should be more advanced than just "first 70". Should I join anyway? Leveling a char is so dreadful!

Ladder is only competitive the first days. (Race to the top)

I was planing to level one char only for the transmogrification. But i will do in a few weeks when more people are 70 and the power level community moves.

Meanwhile i will continuing equipping my DH.

Seasons items will be available on normal when season ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom