• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

Also does anyone know if the Bleed effect for Rend counts for the Bleed requirement for Pain Enhancer?

It does, it was one of the more common questions asked on the barb forums so people tested it out and shit. Honestly makes it feel like pain enhancer was made specifically for rend.

Still bothers me that the gem does more damage than rend even at rank 0, and, at rank 26 it does 3x the damage of rend.

The amount of magic find you get in a 4-player game is ridiculous. Puzzle ring can't even proc because there's no white items to pick up. Easily get 2+ legendaries per normal rift on average (Torment 1).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just did Greed's Lair for the first time and it was so fun, I loved everything about it. The boss model was great, the whole area looked nice. And the 100m free gold wasn't too bad either. I'm still in desperate need of new jewellery though, to take advantage of these new gems.

Nokterian

Fucking Thunderfury finally dropped for me when opening a random chest during a neph rift. Trying to get something else then vitality but mystic is being a bitch again. It's weird to see my base damage go down by a well a bunch wel from 680k to 640k. But with Fulminator i am happy.

It's pretty dead. Best try and get in the guild if they ever do a purge. It should happen soon because at most I see online was 40 peak. Now it sits around 25.

is that so

sheesh..kinda need help and advice from peeps....ahaha

i don't know what i'm doing with my wizard early..but i already do have rifts,T1-6 builds set up .

still at act 1 level 23

edit:

nbraun80 added you already man ^_^
need to farm more levels and gold ;_;

J. Bravo

i haven't played lately. been busy with school and work and this holiday weekend. planning on getting a good sesh in tomorrow during the day (when no one else will be on LOL).

Not sure if just "lucky", but I acquired all the new seasonal follower items.

They're okaayyyy I guess. But I'd probably rather have the ones that makes them immortal.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
is the Neogaf Community Group alive ?

i want friends ;_____________;

Yup, doing fine. You should have the invitation waiting if you didn't accept already.

It's pretty dead. Best try and get in the guild if they ever do a purge. It should happen soon because at most I see online was 40 peak. Now it sits around 25.

Plans haven't changed - it's a week after 2.1.

After seeing how things have played out with the community, I think it works well as a substitute. I'd prefer to just drop the clan and have everyone use the community instead. The biggest problem for the community is the fact that the clan exists and is seen as the primary thing.

Anilusion

Seasons are freaking great. My DH so far. Currently farming for Ring of Royal Grandeur (did they nerf the drop rate on that one?) and Tasker and Theo. Did my first t6 rifts today, it was really fun!

rookiejet

Please invite me to the NeoGAF clan. My id: rookiejet#1963

Edit: I'll take an invite to the community instead, if the clan is filled. (Idk the difference between them.)

Thanks.

Motoko

Hi, today I found my first SoJ with

17% lightning damage
455 strenght
5% attack speed
25% elite damage

Actually I use a fire crusader so it's a bad roll, what should i reroll? maybe for a socket?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
is the Neogaf Community Group alive ?

i want friends ;_____________;

Gromph#1483

17% lightning damage
455 strenght
5% attack speed
25% elite damage

Actually I use a fire crusader so it's a bad roll, what should i reroll? maybe for a socket?

reroll the lightning for a socket.

kirblar

Witch Doctors will basically never want 2Hs due to how reliant we are on the various specialty abilities on our C. Knives.

Nokterian

Finally went in to the vault i had 7 million gold and walked out with 23 million :D

screenshot026zij4p.jpg

Also like i said i have my thunderfury and cranking up my attack speed. A long with Fulminator i couldn't be happier. Been a long road but i got them finally :D My monk looks badass!

neoism

17% lightning damage
455 strenght
5% attack speed
25% elite damage

yeah id reroll the 5%AS for a slot
lol nm fire crusader

Dahbomb

Witch Doctors will basically never want 2Hs due to how reliant we are on the various specialty abilities on our C. Knives.
Not really because some top ranked WDs are using Furnace...

On the topic of Rend, that move always struck me as a support skill than a main damage dealer. That's why it rolls on chests/shoulders rather than boots/helms. I think it needs more runes like the cold one where it just straight up gives a 10% boost to cold damage when the debuff is up.

The only way to make Rend a viable damage skill is to make a Legendary that applies the damage of Rend instantly while still keeping them under the status effect.

Basically every high ranked jade doc in GRs is using a furnace, in non-seasons anyway. Dunno about that new seasonal knife.

Yep. Furnace is #1 because dots rely on weapon damage (low speed = higher damage), furnace is slow and offers huge amounts of +elite dmg.

The new season WD knife? it's 1.4 atk speed so low damage range and it requires 10 mobs hit by soul harvest to get 10 stacks. Anyone who plays a WD will know that the knife is pure RNG depending on density and mobs. It's at best use, 10% int and that doesn't compete with sunkeeper/furnace.

ZenaxPure

The only way to make Rend a viable damage skill is to make a Legendary that applies the damage of Rend instantly while still keeping them under the status effect.

I mean yeah, my problem with rend as a support skill is that it has an animation and it only lasts 5 seconds. The animation alone is pretty annoying because you could just use a different skill with an animation and do more damage instantly. That's why it doesn't see a lot of use outside of WW builds imo, short duration and you have to drop everything else to use it. It works with WW because WW is also more of a support skill (since the damage has always been crap, it's primary use is to allow you to move through mobs and drop tornadoes on them).

That said, can't really complain much. That pain enhancer effect makes rend and WW have strong synergy again which is really awesome as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to give that build a try at some point, but for now I'm focused on my raekor build on my seasonal barb.

Xyber

pretty ballsy with server crashes and such lol

Huh, haven't experienced any crashes myself here in EU and I've been playing a lot the past few days.

And the RoRG got me from doing okay at T4 to killing butcher on T6 in 1:20. My sentries too stronk.

neoism

Second Vengeful Wind :O
ibzdw44FLRnjeQ.png

Glad too so far been getting nothing but lighting dam drops wouldn't mind to make a different holy character as much as I love lighting. Also finally changed to FOT from using Deadly Reach for sooo long. FOT doesn't suck now Kreygasm

Really need to do an inventory clean out. Have a lot of items that can just be salvaged for crafting.

Had several disconnects earlier. One occurred as I noticed a star on the map...

thanks braun for the help ^_^

also

just got my first serpent o_O so early

hmmm i just wanna get this over with get lvl 70 and take on adventure mode ;_;

joesmokey

Finally got my seasons' RoRG. Pretty much did nothing but split bounty farm all weekend (500+ fragments). Not the best of rolls (prob won't socket it), but whatever. I now can use Firebird 6pc on seasons.

Never doing that grind again though. If there is a season 2, I really hope they fix the drop for it because that is easily the worst grind in the game (especially since fragments are mostly meaningless now). At least things are slightly fun with the Aether Walker (though being that much faster than everyone else isn't really...).

Now I can finally go back to doing rifts for the rest of the grind.

Xyber

If there is a season 2, I really hope they fix the drop for it because that is easily the worst grind in the game (especially since fragments are mostly meaningless now).

Tell me about it. It took me about 100 caches before it dropped for me and when it did I got 2 at the same time with crappy rolls today. =/

Can't complain though, it got me to a full marauder set and even without the quiver that gives me more sentries I feel so strong. Tried a lvl 27 rift and finished with 3:15 left on the timer and I even died (because of a dumb mistake) and lost about a minute from running back too.

I don't have great gear, but I'm currently sitting at just over 1M profile damage. Then I got 40% cold skill and 30% elite damage. My stats from earlier today on diabloprogress.com was at 1,86M elemental elite damage.

First time since the game released I have been able to play on T6 and actually kill stuff pretty quick. :D

DooD1234

Hey guys, could one of you guys be so kind as to explain the difference between a regular character and a seasonal character? The game didn't make it very clear to me. Only one I notice is that you start from scratch again with seasonal and whatever you do is recorded in a leaderboard and you get some bonus loot I think for your regular character? What happens to your seasonal character at the end of a season? Any reason not to play a seasonal character and vice versa?

Your response would be very appreciated becuz I either didn't understand it or clicked through everything too fast becuz bad habit lol.

eek5

Also remind me not to help GAFers level anymore. Assisted two GAFers in the final couple levels and neither of them even said thanks afterwards. SMH

Tacitus_

Hey guys, could one of you guys be so kind as to explain the difference between a regular character and a seasonal character? The game didn't make it very clear to me. Only one I notice is that you start from scratch again with seasonal and whatever you do is recorded in a leaderboard and you get some bonus loot I think for your regular character? What happens to your seasonal character at the end of a season? Any reason not to play a seasonal character and vice versa?

Your response would be very appreciated becuz I either didn't understand it or clicked through everything too fast becuz bad habit lol.

At the end of a season, your season characters and their inventory + Paragon xp get rolled to your non-season characters. Each season has some unique legendaries and you get a transmog for reaching 70 on a season character.

DooD1234

At the end of a season, your season characters and their inventory + Paragon xp get rolled to your non-season characters. Each season has some unique legendaries and you get a transmog for reaching 70 on a season character.
So I have to hit 70 at the end of each season to get the bonus loot? While your season character lvl and loot will get transferred at the end the end of a season, you have to start over again at the beginning of a season as in back to lvl 1 with no equipment and paragon lvl? Is a season every month? I don't think I like diablo that much to do it every month but thanks for the info. I'm really curious how some ppl will maintain their sanity playing a new season every month.

Firemind

No clue how good woh builds are for GR, I was just using that as an example. I assume it's not reaching its full potential though because everyone is focused on firebirds right now.
I've been thinking. Are there any wizard builds that benefit from attack speed besides woh/mirrorball builds? Dots would rather have 2Hs, as with channeling skills and Meteor. What does that leave wizards? Basically, the game is telling me I want a Furnace, not an Aether Walker. :(

Tacitus_

So I have to hit 70 at the end of each season to get the bonus loot? While your season character lvl and loot will get transferred at the end the end of a season, you have to start over again at the beginning of a season as in back to lvl 1 with no equipment and paragon lvl? Is a season every month? I don't think I like diablo that much to do it every month but thanks for the info. I'm really curious how some ppl will maintain their sanity playing a new season every month.

Three months I believe. The transmog is acquired by simply hitting 70, the legendaries you need to find from running the content. Though I believe they are also added to the normal pool at the end of the season.

So reasons for doing season characters: want to compete on leaderboards, want the season transmog, want the new legendaries before they get rolled to the non-season pool, or just want a fresh start.
If none of those interest you, then you don't have to worry about seasons.

DooD1234

Three months I believe. The transmog is acquired by simply hitting 70, the legendaries you need to find from running the content. Though I believe they are also added to the normal pool at the end of the season.

So reasons for doing season characters: want to compete on leaderboards, want the season transmog, want the new legendaries before they get rolled to the non-season pool, or just want a fresh start.
If none of those interest you, then you don't have to worry about seasons.
Oh okay, this is more info, 3 month is much more doable to me. Don't care much for leaderboards but I do want some of that transmog and I guess I can get those legendary if I'm lucky. I just started a hardcore season character and it a little nice starting a new DH from scratch although I'm a little nervous that when my character die, they pretty much start from scratch again.

Thanks for the info that is much more clearer now.

One more question, did 2.1 improve loot drop because it feels a lot easier getting legendary and greens than it did before.

Ayumi

Does anyone know where I can find the artwork seen in the background of the communities' roster tab? The one with all the heroes?

Do you mean the animated figures at the bottom of the member list? You probably won't find a downloadable version anywhere - they're generated as a code according to the individual equipments. Best case scenario, you'll find the design of each item used in the animation (character, gear, dye) and then you have to put them together as frames. I think the best way would be to record your screen and crop the characters into a .gif file. (You can also hover over them for a larger version.) Maybe you can find them in your Diablo folder.

Also remind me not to help GAFers level anymore. Assisted two GAFers in the final couple levels and neither of them even said thanks afterwards. SMH

That sucks, especially when they were in our clan. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom