• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i'm at the point that my damage sucks now

And i'm torn which skills i'm going for ;_;

My Apocalypse/Hydra/Meteor Combo sucks at T1 with my lvl 61 wiz

My blackhole doesn't have blazar yet so i'm not taking that up yet

Insaniac

I think i'm at the point that my damage sucks now

And i'm torn which skills i'm going for ;_;

My Apocalypse/Hydra/Meteor Combo sucks at T1 with my lvl 61 wiz

My blackhole doesn't have blazar yet so i'm not taking that up yet

I assume you don't have firebirds set. I'd say ditch apocalypse as its not really good without firebirds and you already have meteor as a spender. Regardless of if you have blazar or not, use blackhole as its great crowd control and bunches up enemies for you attack more efficiently

I assume you don't have firebirds set. I'd say ditch apocalypse as its not really good without firebirds and you already have meteor as a spender. Regardless of if you have blazar or not, use blackhole as its great crowd control and bunches up enemies for you attack more efficiently
Hmm not yet sadly but i am trying to get that set
But i wanna get to lvl70 first D:

No apocalypse? ... Hmmm what would be the optimal 6 actives and 3 passives(since i'm not 70 yet) for me right now since i don't have the firebirds set ?

joesmokey

Are Wizards replacing the SoJ elemental roll with a socket with Firebird 6 piece? Can't decide if that's what I should do or not.

StMeph

No apocalypse? ... Hmmm what would be the optimal 6 actives and 3 passives(since i'm not 70 yet) for me right now since i don't have the firebirds set ?

Just hit 70 first. For most people who play Diablo (and in this thread), getting to 70 should really be less than 95% of the time spent playing the game. Gear, builds, whatever, don't really matter until you get to max level first. Turn down the difficulty at first if you have to, and use crafted gear liberally, especially now that unique materials have been removed.

Reaching 70 before Malthael is nice if just because you get a guaranteed legendary on your first Story Mode kill. Keep in mind that it's not guaranteed to be GOOD.

Thorgal

What is the best dificulty to start on with a new character ?

Been playing on Normal for a while but kept wondering if i should put it higher .

Does it affect anything in terms of drops ?

What is the best dificulty to start on with a new character ?

Been playing on Normal for a while but kept wondering if i should put it higher .

Does it affect anything in terms of drops ?

Play as high as you comfortably can. Not really much of an effect to quality of drops, but it will increase your drop rate and improve gold drops.

Are Wizards replacing the SoJ elemental roll with a socket with Firebird 6 piece? Can't decide if that's what I should do or not.

If it's not fire, that will do fine. Socket, prime stat, dps stats (and even vit) is a good item with the elite damage.

Honestly though without a natural roll of fire SOJ I'd rather run RORG+Unity and then use the free spot for either magefist or cindercoat. But RORG farming is complete donkey and that configuration is a pretty optimal scenario.

*cries because his first SOJ in season was STR/Physical , was completely unusable*

edit: I leveled with hydras, arcane torrent, and a pile of damage boosting passives. It was smooth and easy. Disintegrate works too.

Addnan

70(70) now and I finally get a one handed drop with a socket. Jeez. Should I put a emerald or a ruby inside it? Which one gives the greater damage boost.

joesmokey

CC is replaceable, unless you run a 2H...

Conflagrate helps too.
I'm running a 2hr (not The Furnace, but a 3.6k dps weapon).
If it's not fire, that will do fine. Socket, prime stat, dps stats (and even vit) is a good item with the elite damage.

Honestly though without a natural roll of fire SOJ I'd rather run RORG+Unity and then use the free spot for either magefist or cindercoat. But RORG farming is complete donkey and that configuration is a pretty optimal scenario.

*cries because his first SOJ in season was STR/Physical , was completely unusable*

edit: I leveled with hydras, arcane torrent, and a pile of damage boosting passives. It was smooth and easy. Disintegrate works too.
I have a perfectly rolled SoJ with the ele as the mystic affix. Since Firebird 6 pc doesn't care about +fire elemental, I was thinking of just rolling off the SoJ elemental.

I also am using an almost perfect Unity, which I don't think I'm going to turn into a socket.

Ah. I love Kadala! I got two of the Raiment of a Thousand Storms set pieces from her in the last two days without really trying to farm for blood shards; just wanted an upgrade to my shoulders and gloves. What I really need now is a RORG.

I'm running a 2hr (not The Furnace, but a 3.6k dps weapon).

I have a perfectly rolled SoJ with the ele as the mystic affix. Since Firebird 6 pc doesn't care about +fire elemental, I was thinking of just rolling off the SoJ elemental.

I also am using an almost perfect Unity, which I don't think I'm going to turn into a socket.

Everything I've read from the PTR mentions that the Firebird DOT is affected by both +elite damage and +fire elemental damage. Did something change at the last minute before 2.1 went live?

Insaniac

It really depends on your gear honestly, I'd say you definitely want an armor ability, energy armor with Pinpoint will boost your defense and damage. Familiar Sparkflint will also boost your damage. Magic Weapon Force Weapon will again also boost your damage.

For passives, you can probably get away with some basic passives like Blur, Evocation and a corresponding elemental passive (Paralysis, conflagrate, cold blooded)

TheYanger

Everything I've read from the PTR mentions that the Firebird DOT is affected by both +elite damage and +fire elemental damage. Did something change at the last minute before 2.1 went live?

Would be silly if it didn't....everything else just got changed *TO* work that way that didn't previously.

joesmokey

I was going off this, which seems accurate:
List of some procs in the game that deal element damage and if they scale with element damage:

Andariel's Visage +%Poison Damage Yes
Azurewrath +%Holy Damage Yes
Band of Hollow Whispers +%Arcane Damage Yes
Demon Machine +%Fire Damage Yes
Fire Walkers +%Fire Damage Yes
Firebird's Finery (6) set bonus +%Fire Damage No
Fjord Cutter +%Cold Damage Yes
Gyana-Na-Kashu +%Fire Damage Yes
Helltooth Harness (6) set bonus +%Poison Damage (?) No
Legacy of the Nightmares (2) set bonus +%Physical Damage (?) No
Mad Monarch's Scepter +%Poison Damage Yes
Manajuma's Way (2) set bonus +%Poison Damage Yes
Monkey King's Garb (4) set bonus +%Holy Damage No
Pox Faulds +%Poison Damage Yes
Raiment of a Thousand Storms (6) set bonus +%Lightning Damage No
Razor Strop +%Fire Damage Yes
Shard of Hate +%Cold/Lightning/Poison Damage Yes
The Magistrate +%Cold Damage Yes
Thundergod's Vigor +%Lightning Damage Yes
Winter Flurry +%Cold Damage Yes
Wizardspike +%Cold Damage Yes

Recently they fixed these items to have their procs scale with elemental damage;

Blackfeather +%Physical Damage
Bul-Kathos's Oath (2) set bonus +%Physical Damage
Cinder Switch +%Fire Damage
Death's Bargain +%Physical Damage
Death Watch Mantle +%Physical Damage
Fulminator +%Lightning Damage
Odyn Son +%Lightning Damage
Maximus +%Fire Damage
Moonlight Ward +%Arcane Damage
Schaefer's Hammer +%Lightning Damage
Scourge +%Fire Damage
Shenlong's Spirit (2) set bonus +%Fire Damage
Stalgard's Decimator +%Physical Damage
Storm Crow +%Fire Damage
Thunderfury +%Lightning Damage

Nokterian

The monk buffs are real.

My hard drive failed ~6 hours before the new season started, so I wasn't able to start playing until last night. I hit 70 this evening, and after about 5 hours of play at cap, my monk is already as strong as my old one was 100 hours in. It helps that I've already seen better weapons than I ever did for my old monk, and I'm finally free from OWE, but I'm really impressed with where the class is in comparison to where it was.

My Monk went from being comfortable doing T1 and sometimes doing T2 to waltzing through T2 with relative ease and comfortably doing T3. The buffs are very real.

Yes Monk is fun to play now and i am on T3 right now i never thought it would happen they fixed the monk pretty good with this patch i am very very pleased.

Also watch this for giggles because i love my monk now made this yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mcw4AvOIvs

ZenaxPure

Dunno if this has been pointed out before, but, it seems like you can get the seasonal monster slaying achievements inside rifts as long as you entered the rift portal from the corresponding act town.

I say this because I have done 0 bounties in both act 2 and act 5 yet I have all the monster slaying achievements for act 2 while all my act 5 ones are sitting at 0 kills. I always do rifts from the act 2 hidden camp because it's just the best designed imo, everything is perfectly placed to reach stuff quick and easy. Basically the least amount of downtime between rifts.

Bombless

Eberli Charo isn't really a good fit with Fate of the Fell. You use Fires of Heaven on Heaven's Fury to remove the cooldown altogether and spam to your heart's Wrath's content. Wrath is a bit of an issue with the shotgun build.

For shields, people used to go for a well-rolled Hellskull since it guaranteed CDR, but since that's no longer a guaranteed affix, it's a little more varied now. Hallowed Barricade is a good alternative since it's craftable with Holy%, so you can keep remaking it until you get a good one.

I tried it, but the wrath generation is really too bad right now. I'll keep the Hallowed Barricade in mind though. I also have the Whateverboard for the insane shield spam (3 way split x5 bounces can be downright silly, but low damage on single targets/bosses). I wish the 3 beams would converge on the same target.

Mainly it's the wrath generation that drives me crazy.

MrDaravon

I honestly think I'm going to switch over from my DH to starting a Crusader on seasons sooner than I thought. My main intent was to get a DH geared for M6 and get some high level gems and starting stuff for crusader and then main Crusader, but I am having the absolute worst luck with drops on my DH, like 5-6 T1 rifts in a row with no legs, etc. Might as well just start a Crusader with less resources and Paragon levels than I had intended but at least I'll have a fresh experience since I never really played Crusader.

For Crusader once I hit 70 is Firestarter still a good build for a fresh 70? I started gearing one in non-seasons but didn't get very far. I know generally I want to get a FotF and go shotgun, but I'm not sure what's changed with 2.1 and whether or not people are going Rolands over Akkhans now?

Firemind

That's my issue with the crusader. Resource generation is so slow I can't be bothered with the class. Other than the Captain America build, which is not very good in high GRs, there's nothing that doesn't require long ass cooldowns or a ton of resources.

joesmokey

The only other thing I see on there with no is the Sonwuko's set, which I don't have to test personally but based on EVERYONE using it and posting the builds absolutely does scale with elemental.
Looks like that list may be inaccurate after all. I found this on the forums:
Ticks for 2400% weap dmg every 0.8 secs. - 75 ticks over 60 secs
Doesn't take any atk speed as a modifier
Your CC and CD is modified into a CC/CD modifier equal to 1+cc%*cd%
Takes Fire% as a modifier.
The tick damage is calculated as

CC/CD_modifier * Int_Modifier * Weapdmg * Tick_modifier * Firedmg_Modifier

Celegus

I tried it, but the wrath generation is really too bad right now. I'll keep the Hallowed Barricade in mind though. I also have the Whateverboard for the insane shield spam (3 way split x5 bounces can be downright silly, but low damage on single targets/bosses). I wish the 3 beams would converge on the same target.

You're using Reaper's Wraps, right? It's a must for almost any Crusader build. Akkhan set obviously helps a lot with wrath problems as well, or you can use the 50% cost reduction rune on Law of Valor. Make sure you dump paragon points into total wrath before anything else. If none of that helps, use Taunt or the Zealous Glare Shield Glare rune. I was using Taunt for a while, but might actually prefer Shield Glare since it helps with survivability more (and lower cooldown since I already use the shield passive)

For Crusader once I hit 70 is Firestarter still a good build for a fresh 70? I started gearing one in non-seasons but didn't get very far. I know generally I want to get a FotF and go shotgun, but I'm not sure what's changed with 2.1 and whether or not people are going Rolands over Akkhans now?

Crusader is definitely more gear dependent than most classes, but it is easy enough to make a build around whatever items you do manage to get. Since fire gear is so plentiful, going Fist of the Heavens / Fire is a good start. A Darklight or Maximus will be what you're looking for, though Maximus might actually be better especially if you don't have full Akkhan since FotH is very resource heavy. Roland probably has the better 4 set than Akkhan, and you can craft the best shield for it (Piro Marella). Really just depends on what you find though.

Bombless

That's my issue with the crusader. Resource generation is so slow I can't be bothered with the class. Other than the Captain America build, which is not very good in high GRs, there's nothing that doesn't require long ass cooldowns or a ton of resources.

I went with it for the Season since I had no Crusader leveled, but it's realy starting to frustrate me.

You're using Reaper's Wraps, right? It's a must for almost any Crusader build. Akkhan set obviously helps a lot with wrath problems as well, or you can use the 50% cost reduction rune on Law of Valor. Make sure you dump paragon points into total wrath before anything else. If none of that helps, use Taunt or the Zealous Glare Shield Glare rune. I was using Taunt for a while, but might actually prefer Shield Glare since it helps with survivability more (and lower cooldown since I already use the shield passive)

Yeah, I'm using Reaper's and Shield Glare w/ Zealous w/ passive skill. It's just that, at moments when it matters I just end up out of wrath and all cooldowns gone. I'll see how it goes now with the almost constant Heaven's Fury x3 large beams but that will also lack burst damage. I'll have to look into the Akkhan pieces, I went into the class without reading anything prior, learning as I go.

Nibiru

Banned
I've been in GAFMAX forever and I think I am like the only one in it lol. Is there a main clan or at least second tier one I can get in?

Addnan

This game is truly the London bus of drops. Go 70 paragon levels with zero 1 handed with sockets and now they don't stop.

Does anyone not use a legendary gem on their main character(s)?

Im tempted to drop mine (lvl 25 Bane of the Powerful) on my crusader and reforge the socket to CDR or CHD, replace my RoRG with a nicely rolled Unity and waste a bunch of gold rerolling my Star of Azkaranth.

Pros - Perma Akkharat, immunity to fire damage, Unity damage reduction with my Templars.

Cons - 25% overall damage, 15% elite damage (although some is made up from the Unity) 20% holy damage loss from my ammulet.

I think thats a good tradeoff...or am I being crazy?

Dahbomb

The only place I would even think about not having a Legendary gem is on an Amulet and even then that's a big maybe.

On Rings you are missing out on WAY TOO MUCH damage and utility not putting them in. I would say that you are severely gimping yourself by not having gems on at least both of your rings.

Just ask yourself this... is 50% CHD or 6% CC worth 20% damage on your character? The answer is fuck no. And in most cases 20% damage increase is the base boost that a gem provides.

Insaniac

Does anyone not use a legendary gem on their main character(s)?

Im tempted to drop mine (lvl 25 Bane of the Powerful) on my crusader and reforge the socket to CDR or CHD, replace my RoRG with a nicely rolled Unity and waste a bunch of gold rerolling my Star of Azkaranth.

Pros - Perma Akkharat, immunity to fire damage, Unity damage reduction with my Templars.

Cons - 25% overall damage, 15% elite damage (although some is made up from the Unity) 20% holy damage loss from my ammulet.

I think thats a good tradeoff...or am I being crazy?

do you have a free belt slot? you can try getting the vigilante belt which rolls CDR now

iirate

The only place I would even think about not having a Legendary gem is on an Amulet and even then that's a big maybe.

On Rings you are missing out on WAY TOO MUCH damage and utility not putting them in. I would say that you are severely gimping yourself by not having gems on at least both of your rings.

Just ask yourself this... is 50% CHD or 6% CC worth 20% damage on your character? The answer is fuck no. And in most cases 20% damage increase is the base boost that a gem provides.

From what I've read, it's better to drop main stat off of jewelry than CC or CHD. I'm running CC/CHD/CDR/Socket on jewelry ATM.

do you have a free belt slot? you can try getting the vigilante belt which rolls CDR now

I do have the Vigilate belt, actually. Im using the Captain Crimson set (belt/boots) for the CDR bonus. Replacing the RoRG would mean dropping the boots for Akkhan to finish the 6p.

Shouta

I run DEX/CC/CHD/Socket for my Rings on Monk currently, or AS for the CHD spot. The Legendary Gems add so much that isn't calculated into the DPS that it's ridiculous.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shouta-1258/hero/3265814

This is my current build. I can go through T4 easily but I do T3 for a little bit more efficiency. Just having Wreath of Lightning itself is amazing. That thing procs like crazy and is a ton of extra damage both to single and tons of targets.

Dahbomb

From what I've read, it's better to drop main stat off of jewelry than CC or CHD. I'm running CC/CHD/CDR/Socket on jewelry ATM.
It is but it's way harder to do that.

Ideal rolls on jewelry would be double crit, + damage, CDR or element damage if you are using Amulet.

However most people use SOJ, Unity and RoRG always comes with Attack speed and LoH so your options of rolling stats on Rings are extremely limited. That means that on Amulet your best option is element damage, double crit, socket IF you can get it.

Because main stat is weighted so heavily it is extremely hard to get a jewelry with double crit + another stat of your choice and socket.

Also stop the presses... Kripparian says that D3 is FINALLY a "good" game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcVP2LmDhu

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Just getting silly now with Kadala, trying to get Mara chest and had like 4 Shadow's Bane and 2 Blackthorne
SLx19c3.gif

Won

Monks attract disconnects like somekind of magnet for me. I will never get one to max level. I guess that's what you get for ignoring the chat.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I think it's close to the time where we do a clan reset/purge and make a new main clan.

Yeah wasn't it supposed to be done a week after 2.1 came out which means it should be done now.

Yup. I won't be making a new one though, just removing inactive individuals from the existing clan. It's less work for everyone else that way, cuts down on the chaos.
The site I was using for tracking has come back to life and I can check for seasonal activity now too. /flex

eek5

Yup. I won't be making a new one though, just removing inactive individuals from the existing clan. It's less work for everyone else that way, cuts down on the chaos.
The site I was using for tracking has come back to life and I can check for seasonal activity now too. /flex

Hopefully I make the cut. :(

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
So I just bought both D3 and ROS for like 50 at future shop. It was like 20 for each. I just registered the keys. I was wondering why is the online version so much more expensive? Like did I fuck up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom