• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celegus

Looks like my setup of CA + EA is the best for my lightning build so that I can use one of the non-lightning sentry runes. I haven't tried chakrams though, any thoughts on them compared to ball lightning?

cdyhybrid

What's the fastest way to hit 70 with a seasonal character? Just been doing Act 1 bounties on Expert. I'm 3+ days behind since I was away for the weekend, trying to get to 70 ASAP.

eek5

What's the fastest way to hit 70 with a seasonal character? Just been doing Act 1 bounties on Expert. I'm 3+ days behind since I was away for the weekend, trying to get to 70 ASAP.

Find seasons bounty miners gold community and do that with other people. There were 700 people in chat yesterday.

Do miners gold,Misers Will or Matriarch Bones bounty on T6. Should lvl you in about 3-4 hours.

Mordeccai

how many caches was that? 20?

that's got to be way more than 20, I farmed up 20 the other day and it didn't look like any thing near that amount. But I opened them up four at a time.... so maybe it is.

If I run bounties on my lvl 60 and get caches, are the items in that cache locked at 60 or can I mass horde them and open up a bunch at level 70 with chances at a ring?

MrDaravon

Woohoo, I got the marauder's 6-set on my seasonal DH. (No RoRG, bombadier's rucksack or tasker's yet)
I've been curious to see how much of a tradeoff it is to use it with cold bola shot so I can take advantage of the Leonine Bow of Hashir, which is pretty fun. I dropped Preparation so I could use two spenders, I had started with the rocket runes on cluster arrow and multishot before reading up on anything.

Review of the literature: (old news, just me doing my homework)
Basics: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12328923302
Spender options: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/13271407601

Proportions of attacks used with different spenders:
1 spender: http://i.imgur.com/T1KaK3J.png
2 spenders: http://i.imgur.com/KgmGnjU.png
3 spenders: http://i.imgur.com/p1nAOPG.png

Here's my character (not done rerolling stuff yet)
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Raticus79-1110/hero/51771344
Seasonal paragon level isn't showing yet - I'm around paragon 80.

I got the Meticulous Bolts quiver that makes ball lightning travel slowly - I'll probably use ball lightning as one of my spenders until I get the rucksack for more sentries. Now I just need to figure out what to use as the second spender. Might go Impale just so I can free up that rockets passive, probably with Overpenetration since the bow is clustering the mobs.

Let me know how it works out, I've got a pretty great Leonine bow that I had to roll the socket on so I could potentially make it fantastic (not godtier though). I'm still using it on T1 since I don't have the Mara set in conjunction with the insta-explode bola quiver, but I'm using the fire rune for more damage. The cold rune is very weak DPS-wise and annoying to use, but I'm still curious to see if it could work in groups at higher levels/GR since it's so easy to keep everything bunched up and frozen. Related; do you have any idea if the frozen from the cold rune on bolas will proc Cull the Weak? The tooltip just says slowed or chilled, and looking around online I saw different answers.

Also I keep forgetting to try crafting some (usually don't have the mats right now anyway), but if you're running M6 and don't have an endgame belt (SoE, WH, etc) don't forget if you find it there's a leg belt plan that rolls guaranteed attack speed. I'd imagine that's potentially really good until you get an endgame belt since you usually can't get attack speed there outside of a WH and sentries benefit from it (and makes one less slot where you need to try to work that in for breakpoints).

Edit: Here's that belt, I actually made this after like 3 crafts and 2 re-rolls, not too bad and would be even better if I had sentries:

29rGlHh.jpg

Might be something to consider until you get a WH or SOE?

Nokterian

Here is my haul and what i made this week also my favorite 2 leg gems i have.

My stats.

inventoryw8pyc.png

First up my Thunderfury i am happy as a little kid in the candy store that it finally dropped for me from a normal chest in a rift.

thunderfurybps7y.png

Next up my Fulminator that dropped 2 days ago.

fulminatorywpv4.png

Best ring at the moment i have for big fights and very handy to survive big fights. Also notice those 2 leg gems i love it with the build i have.

rogarcuq00.png

eternityouopo.png

Just need Ring of Royal Grandeur to reduce my sets i have. But i am glad i could make these and saves me a lot in big fights because of that nice reduced damage from elites and increased to elites.

aughild8nox6.png

captainu1qqy.png

Deadly

Man, it sure feels like it. Day 1 I was getting 3-4 legs per greater rift, didn't matter if it was level 1 or 25. Even got a few set pieces in tier 1 rifts. Now I get 1 legendary total, if I'm lucky, as I slow roll all the way up to 20. After 20 I'll start getting 2-3 per rift again.

Dunno if it's just RNG being RNG or a stealth nerf, but it sure as hell feels different.
Yeah Greater Rifts have been shit for me. I've been getting like 1 rare everytime...

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So I just got my seasonal monk to 70. Do rift guardians on Master or Expert drop keystones? Is it worth doing rifts for gearing up on pre torment levels?

So I just got my seasonal monk to 70. Do rift guardians on Master or Expert drop keystones? Is it worth doing rifts for gearing up on pre torment levels?

Absolutely worth running Nephalem Rifts on Normal to get good rares and starter legendaries. You won't get greater rift keystones until you can run Nephalem Rifts on Torment, but once you start being able to do Nephalem Rifts on Torment you'll get plenty of them.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
(DH stuff)

Ah, nice, I'll check that belt out.

The DPS from the bolas doesn't matter too much since generator DPS is such a small part of the picture. Before I finished the set, I had pretty good results using the proc gems (bleed, poison and conduit) to do damage instead of the ones I'm currently using. I didn't get enough out of the Smite one with cold bolas for it to be worth it, but maybe it works better with other generators.

I'm using the cold aura turret to chill the enemies, so if the freeze doesn't trigger cull the weak then then the turret chill will. The passive definitely needs them to be chilled or slowed specifically, unless the wording is completely inaccurate. I'll also have the personal AoE slow aura from the gem to trigger it once I get that gem to 25.

I'm just using that insta-explode quiver right now because it's the best rolled one I've got - it doesn't do anything with the cold bolas of course.

One funny thing with the Leonine bow is it becomes a problem if multiple DH are using it. The monsters rapidly leapfrog toward you because your bolas are always hitting the front of the group.

(Late edit)
Going for CA (Dazzling Arrow) and Ball Lightning.
The 1.5 second stun from CA should help out a lot against enemies which aren't affected by 1 second freeze from the bolas, and the small AoE shouldn't be too much of a problem with the monsters gathered by the bow.
For the two-skill scenario, it looks like Ball Lightning adds more damage than impale or multishot would have (upgrading all basic shots to EA), especially while I'm using the slow ball lightning quiver.
I'm also going to try swapping out the elite damage gem for the Gogok of Swiftness.

Melchior

700 Keys later and no RORG. I have a ton on non-seasonal but it just won't drop for me in seasons. I think I'm done forever now lol

Celegus

700 Keys later and no RORG. I have a ton on non-seasonal but it just won't drop for me in seasons. I think I'm done forever now lol

One of the many reasons I couldn't possibly care any less about seasons. Just thinking about RoRG farming makes me sad. The one I use is quite crappy, but I hate the process so much that I just live with it.

Eliciel

Are there any Barbs still out there in 2.1 who are using leapquake fire build? If that's the case which leg gems do you wear? Because I'm really having a hard time deciding which leg gems are good for me. Atm I'm only using the Elite Dmg Leg gem (+15% on Rank 25).

What are your ideas and whats your gear and skills setup?

Here's mine http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Eliciel-2263/hero/1708295

atm I'm getting a really hard time finishing grifts lvl 27. I just can't seem to kill that rift boss in time. Always a few seconds too late.

Any recommendations? I know the equipment isn't perfect ;)

Thank you in advance :).

joesmokey

I've now started to play a couple rifts over lunch break. Too addicted...

Picked up Firebird helm, so I now already have 6 piece Firebird without the ring. Set pieces are so easy to obtain these days.

ZenaxPure

What are your ideas and whats your gear and skills setup?

You should look into bane of the trapped. It's pretty excellent for leapquake considering leap is also a slow (and then at rank 25 you just get a slow aura anyway). Also you have too much HP imo, your profile has you at basically double my HP which seems like overkill as I feel like I still have too much at times. Diamond in the helm is pretty much required for leapquake.

This is my leapquake barb right now. Haven't touched her since the season started but once I get my season barb where I want I will start playing her a bit again. I am rocking IK along with MoTE for the consistent single target damage right now. When I am in wotb and at max stacks of rampage my ancients can crit for up to 70ish mil per hit each. That kind of damage is pretty much invaluable on rift guardians. If I can ever get another Maximus I will probably drop IK, but, I will absolutely keep CoTA which I suggest you should grab as well. They've pretty much always been the best single target cooldown leapquake has had.

With my current setup I can do GR 33 consistently, but, all the GR 34s I've tried so far have been pretty shitty in terms of mob type and density (but I only tried 3 or 4 34s before the season started, so basically pretty bad RNG. Even then the last 34 I tried I only failed by a few seconds, it's pretty much in the bag).

Melchior

One of the many reasons I couldn't possibly care any less about seasons. Just thinking about RoRG farming makes me sad. The one I use is quite crappy, but I hate the process so much that I just live with it.

Yea its real lame. At least I have keys so I don't have to farm them. I'll just try to live without rorg until I get some set pieces

Eliciel

You should look into bane of the trapped. It's pretty excellent for leapquake considering leap is also a slow (and then at rank 25 you just get a slow aura anyway). Also you have too much HP imo, your profile has you at basically double my HP which seems like overkill as I feel like I still have too much at times. Diamond in the helm is pretty much required for leapquake.

This is my leapquake barb right now. Haven't touched her since the season started but once I get my season barb where I want I will start playing her a bit again. I am rocking IK along with MoTE for the consistent single target damage right now. When I am in wotb and at max stacks of rampage my ancients can crit for up to 70ish mil per hit each. That kind of damage is pretty much invaluable on rift guardians. If I can ever get another Maximus I will probably drop IK, but, I will absolutely keep CoTA which I suggest you should grab as well. They've pretty much always been the best single target cooldown leapquake has had.

With my current setup I can do GR 33 consistently, but, all the GR 34s I've tried so far have been pretty shitty in terms of mob type and density (but I only tried 3 or 4 34s before the season started, so basically pretty bad RNG. Even then the last 34 I tried I only failed by a few seconds, it's pretty much in the bag).

thanks man! Much appreciated :). Could you give me any idea what you go for as let's say first gambling Item. What should I pretty much go for as the first thing in my build? I mean diamond in a slot is done in 20 seconds :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Fucking game, trying to get Mara and game just gives me what I've already got. Had like 3 pants and a helm today, must have used 1000 shards on Kadala trying to get boots and got pretty much everything she can give but Mara.

Edit: lol They finally dropped.

Addnan

Game has forgotten I am a Monk, keep getting 2 handed drops. This is just from the last few rifts. Got a lot more earlier today.
2xtzC0b.png

Raticus79

Yeah, I might just skip season RoRG farming and wait for my character to roll over. I have a nice tasker+theo on my monk and a socketed RoRG waiting for me.

ZenaxPure

thanks man! Much appreciated :). Could you give me any idea what you go for as let's say first gambling Item. What should I pretty much go for as the first thing in my build? I mean diamond in a slot is done in 20 seconds :)

I'd probably start with your belt. Pride of Cassius is really great for the build but yours rolled with a useless stat obviously. You need a new amulet as well, but, gambling for those suck. I'd only do that when you have no other gear you want. Otherwise your gear isn't really that terrible to be honest. You should try to get around 40% CDR if you can, the more CDR the better for the build but it's fairly challenging to get past 40% without losing a bunch of other good stats. If you ever get another maximus you should try to roll CDR onto it and use a Gift to put a socket into it.

That aside, I think most of your problems are probably tied to your skill selection. CoTA alone should give you a pretty huge damage boost on elite packs and rift guardians which will speed up your GR clears a lot. For leap I don't really think call of arreat is worth it, doesn't work on a lot of mobs (especially elites) and it is wasted on rift guardians. Personally I prefer iron impact because it gives insane damage mitigation (leaping into a huge pack usually puts me at 50-60 mil toughness for ~5 seconds which protects me from damage until the pack is thinned down) but the stun rune is alright too, especially combined with ancient parthan defenders (which is what the top leapquake barb is using right now). Both War Cry and Ignore Pain is kind of overkill for defensive skills, I'd probably trade War Cry for CoTA if you plan on sticking with Pride of Cassius. Also your profile also says you don't have a rune selected for WOTB for some reason, not sure if that is just a display bug or you forgot to pick one >_>

Raticus79

You need a new amulet as well, but, gambling for those suck. I'd only do that when you have no other gear you want.

Here's a small thing I forgot about when I was getting my seasonal character started - you can reroll rare rings and amulets much more cheaply since you don't need to pay gems. Easy way to get those sockets.

I heard that Hellfire amulets don't require gems to reroll either. (edit: nope, guess they do)

I hate you Raticus. :(

Well hey, at least I've finished up that initial multibox gearing stage I had planned, so I'll be available for the seasonal GAF groups now. Next tall man's finger is all yours.

I can't even use the gems yet since I don't have jewelry with sockets and it's expensive as hell to reroll legendaries hoping for one :(

Only missing the greed one - damn goblins are stingy.

Here's a small thing I forgot about when I was getting my seasonal character started - you can reroll rare rings and amulets much more cheaply since you don't need to pay gems. Easy way to get those sockets.

I heard that Hellfire amulets don't require gems to reroll either.

Yes, they still require gems in the seasons.

Shouta

How much gold we talkin about??

1 explosion from a Trash mob is like 50-70k for me on Torment 3 with like 30% chance to activate the Gem. So I'm getting X00,000 for a decent pack trash and elites. I went up like 3-4 million in pretty quick last night in less than an hour, i think?

Kieli

What's the fastest way to farm legendaries (though, I must warn of the chicken-and-egg problem)?

I would like to have a complete set of Firebird's Finery, if possible.

I can go up to T2 and run around it comfortably. Haven't tried T3 yet.

Currently level 67 with 100k damage.

ZenaxPure

Yeah, my season barb is still using a yellow ring and ammy, just for the sockets. I have some decent legendary ones in my stash but I am pretty much always out of gems to reroll.

Dahbomb

No Deaths Breaths, no Forgotten Souls, no Blues, low gold, no gems, sub 20% movement speed... wearing Irontoe Mudsputters because they are the best ones I got. Playing on Normal Bounties because that's all I can do efficiently. And of course no RoRG.

D3 Seasons struggle.

Just got Greed's Domain!

Was a ton of fun and got like 23mil gold!

Only sad thing is one of the goblins during the fight dropped a legendary plan which I didn't pick up and I died. Was gone when I zoned back in to fight her again :(((((

Eliciel

I'd probably start with your belt. Pride of Cassius is really great for the build but yours rolled with a useless stat obviously. You need a new amulet as well, but, gambling for those suck. I'd only do that when you have no other gear you want. Otherwise your gear isn't really that terrible to be honest. You should try to get around 40% CDR if you can, the more CDR the better for the build but it's fairly challenging to get past 40% without losing a bunch of other good stats. If you ever get another maximus you should try to roll CDR onto it and use a Gift to put a socket into it.

That aside, I think most of your problems are probably tied to your skill selection. CoTA alone should give you a pretty huge damage boost on elite packs and rift guardians which will speed up your GR clears a lot. For leap I don't really think call of arreat is worth it, doesn't work on a lot of mobs (especially elites) and it is wasted on rift guardians. Personally I prefer iron impact because it gives insane damage mitigation (leaping into a huge pack usually puts me at 50-60 mil toughness for ~5 seconds which protects me from damage until the pack is thinned down) but the stun rune is alright too, especially combined with ancient parthan defenders (which is what the top leapquake barb is using right now). Both War Cry and Ignore Pain is kind of overkill for defensive skills, I'd probably trade War Cry for CoTA if you plan on sticking with Pride of Cassius. Also your profile also says you don't have a rune selected for WOTB for some reason, not sure if that is just a display bug or you forgot to pick one >_>

Leorics Crown just dropped and I saw it's new effect "increases the effect of gems by up to 100%" this is actually quite striking if you're wearing a RoRG. The 12.5% from Diamond * 2 = 25% Cooldown reduction. This is actually preeeetty amazing and should clear some way for 40+% CDR on Leapquake Barb. You will just have to drop the earth set helmet an it will be mandatory to be wearing that RoRG. In the end I guess it's ok if you get a good roll on the crown and on the RoRG it's worth it I guess. Adding the 10% from the Maximus, 8% on shoulders and depending on which stats you are ok with sacrificing for having cdr either on rings or on gloves and well there is even belts.

Taking everything into consideration I guess if you're combing this even with the leg gem (Gogok of Swiftness) with Rank 25 on it. I guess there will be some pretty nastly CDR going on and this could quite possibly even boost your damage so much to just make up for the lost chd you will have to sacrifice to put CDR on.

I guess this new feature of leorics crown brings some new item combination to the table that I personally didnt know of o_O.

Eliciel

Yeah new Leorics is pretty good. That combined with the Golgok gems allows new upper limits of CDR from gear.

how is the leg gem cdr working by the way? Is it just added to you current CDR ? So basically the question is does it get struck by diminishing returns and offer less than what it's promising?

10 stacks = 10% CDR ?

Raticus79

Yeah new Leorics is pretty good. That combined with the Golgok gems allows new upper limits of CDR from gear.

Yup, the double gem is 4.5% more CDR than Kekegi's. Having cooldown reduction on a new slot as well (new belt?) means I think monks can hit perma-serenity now (80%), although I'm not sure that can be done with a 2H for Sunwuko.

how is the leg gem cdr working by the way? Is it just added to you current CDR ? So basically the question is does it get struck by diminishing returns and offer less than what it's promising?

10 stacks = 10% CDR ?

15 stacks = 15% slice taken off your remaining cooldown % (1-CDR), unless testing shows otherwise. So, if you had 60% CDR (40% remain), another 10% takes you down 4% to 36% remain, displayed as 64% CDR.

PLghjrP.png

So if I get lucky and ever find a Ramaldan's Gift or whatever, should I keep rerolling the 6% damage until I get close to 10% or would the chance of that happening be too low to bother?

Dahbomb

10 stacks = 10% CDR ?
I am pretty sure its subject to the same diminishing returns as regular CDR on gear otherwise it would be way too good. Its already insanely good in that it gives you 15% CDR as a secondary stat on top of giving you 15% IAS.... only other single item slot that gives more CDR is a socketed helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom