• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
In retrospect I should've picked a class that I don't normally play like barb or crusader because once seasons is over I'm basically going to have a duplicate of all my WD shit which seems pointless.

Could go for Wizard - that teleport wand seems pretty sweet.

PLghjrP.png

So if I get lucky and ever find a Ramaldan's Gift or whatever, should I keep rerolling the 6% damage until I get close to 10% or would the chance of that happening be too low to bother?

Reposting for new page, ended up being last post.

Dahbomb

Reposting for new page, ended up being last post.
In all honestly if you plan to actually use that weapon I would reroll attack speed into Life on hit. You get a ton of LoH from 2Hs... if not that then Vitality. LoH in general is very underrated on weapon these days and the addition of Ram Gift has made it very viable. If you look online GR leaderboards, every single top rank Monk has Dex, +% damage and LoH on their Flying Dragons.

However, I would advise against using Ram Gift on that. Instead you can hope to get a Maximus, Fate of the Fell, Wrath of the Bone King, Heart Slaughter, Furnace and other 2H Legendary with a powerful affix that you can use Ram Gift on. Maximus is a prime candidate for Ram Gift due to its usage in both top level Barb builds.

What are the reroll options for the knockback? Might be something appealing in there.

It was just chance for other things like blind or freeze.

In all honestly if you plan to actually use that weapon I would reroll attack speed into Life on hit. You get a ton of LoH from 2Hs... if not that then Vitality. LoH in general is very underrated on weapon these days and the addition of Ram Gift has made it very viable.

However, I would advise against using Ram Gift on that. Instead you can hope to get a Maximus, Fate of the Fell, Wrath of the Bone King, Heart Slaughter, Furnace and other 2H Legendary with a powerful affix that you can use Ram Gift on. Maximus is a prime candidate for Ram Gift due to its usage in both top level Barb builds.

Thanks for the information and advice. Makes sense to save it for something that has raw stats and a legendary/extra affix. Of course that presumes I'll ever get one :p

Ingeniero

Hello all D3GAF.

After another long hiatus, I plan to play again now that patch 2.1 is live.

Quick question:
I have played Barb and Crusader for a long time, should I make another class? or these badasses are still top?
Basically, which is the best hero nowadays?

Thanks.

mackaveli

Just ordered the expansion on amazon canada. Coming in next week and cannot wait to try the new content.

Just installed Diablo 3 vanilla and made a new character.

Just joined the GAF community in D3 and hope to play with you guys in the future.

Leveling up is really slow so far at normal!

Shifty76

Hello all D3GAF.

After another long hiatus, I plan to play again now that patch 2.1 is live.

Quick question:
I have played Barb and Crusader for a long time, should I make another class? or these badasses are still top?
Basically, which is the best hero nowadays?

Thanks.

DH is on top and it isn't even close, simply because DH is the only class that can do max dmg while in the act of avoiding all incoming dmg.

Other than DH, all other classes are reasonably level right now (monk still a little behind I guess)

CDR takes effect after rune and passive reductions right? If the normal CD is 2 minutes, but a rune reduces it by 30 sec and a passive by 30 sec, 25% reduction then only reduces it by 15 seconds, not 30.

Pretty bananas the stuff I've been able to get together in 4 days. Lut Socks and Cindercoat out of the way and I've scrounged up most of the other barb set pieces, not enough to complete them without RROG though.

With the rate at which you acquire stuff now jumping into a season and playing a week or two seems like a fun distraction. Glad I'm not sitting here banging my head against a wall again.

so uhh..anyone willing to help me get through RoS ? on master difficulty D:

so hard..... ;_; i need to get used to this....and need to get to 70 already and farm my gear and PP and set up my lvl70 build

wizard here ;_; help me pls

AldzDrakul#1229

so hard..... ;_; i need to get used to this....and need to get to 70 already and farm my gear and PP and set up my lvl70 build

AldzDrakul#1229

Why not just play it on Normal or Expert, doing everything but Malthael. You only really need to wait for him because of the increased item chance at max level, so just go through and re-do stuff a few times until you have some better gear and you're golden. I can't exactly check what build you're using but I had a pretty easy time beating RoS content on my Wizard going all in on Arcane.

Omega

Banned

AldzDrakul#1229

i'll add you. I have to do it too, just haven't done it because it's so boring.

Repo Man

Just ordered the expansion on amazon canada. Coming in next week and cannot wait to try the new content.

Just installed Diablo 3 vanilla and made a new character.

Just joined the GAF community in D3 and hope to play with you guys in the future.

Leveling up is really slow so far at normal!

As soon as you got some half decent rare ( yellow ) gear you should be able to bump the difficulty up to expert which should speed things up a lot.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member

AldzDrakul#1229

I can rush you in about 1 hour.

Gromph#1483

Taz

SWK Gloves = 70 shards
SWK Shoulders drop after 2 Rift s
SWK helm 10 k shards and 8 Inns helms and still waiting

#thisgame

I have everything required for SWK but just need one more part lol

iirate

The monk buffs are real.

My hard drive failed ~6 hours before the new season started, so I wasn't able to start playing until last night. I hit 70 this evening, and after about 5 hours of play at cap, my monk is already as strong as my old one was 100 hours in. It helps that I've already seen better weapons than I ever did for my old monk, and I'm finally free from OWE, but I'm really impressed with where the class is in comparison to where it was.

The monk buffs are real.

My hard drive failed ~6 hours before the new season started, so I wasn't able to start playing until last night. I hit 70 this evening, and after about 5 hours of play at cap, my monk is already as strong as my old one was 100 hours in. It helps that I've already seen better weapons than I ever did for my old monk, and I'm finally free from OWE, but I'm really impressed with where the class is in comparison to where it was.

My Monk went from being comfortable doing T1 and sometimes doing T2 to waltzing through T2 with relative ease and comfortably doing T3. The buffs are very real.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I wonder why the game chooses Electrified as a common affix vs DH and WD with pets...? Eek and I were running last night and poor ToastyToast was just getting obliterated since every other pack was spamming sparks like crazy thanks to the sentries and piercing darts. They really need to put a cap on how many of those a mob can generate per second. It didn't bother the ranged, but there was no way any melee could hang in that without invulnerability.

Celegus

Thanks for the information and advice. Makes sense to save it for something that has raw stats and a legendary/extra affix. Of course that presumes I'll ever get one :p

I would definitely hold off. The high damage is nice, but I would gladly sacrifice a little damage for a legendary affix. You'll almost certainly find a better weapon by the time you find a Gift.

mackaveli

As soon as you got some half decent rare ( yellow ) gear you should be able to bump the difficulty up to expert which should speed things up a lot.

What lvl should I do this around? I am currently only 18. I bumped it to Hard so far. And it seems okay with my non-existant gear.

Celegus

What lvl should I do this around? I am currently only 18. I bumped it to Hard so far. And it seems okay with my non-existant gear.

Just try it now. If it seems too slow or you're getting killed often, hit Escape and click "Lower Difficulty". Easy as that, no harm done.

Firemind

Why do I get all the crappy legs? I get that they're more common, but so many wyrdwards, boj anglers, blind faiths, deathseer cowls, aquila cuirasses, shi mizu haoris, all the shitty bracers. Not even a goldskin ffs.

StMeph

My season toon is pretty fucking OP right now. Just need vigilante belt and a better ammy and I'm pretty much DONE. I guess a 2nd unity for higher torment GR's too. I can already do 28+ now. Gonna try and hit 30 tomorrow.

Have a BoP in my bank right now. Can't wait for the new Seasonal shield to come over to normal servers.

Bombless

Kadala was kind to me. Got both the Flail that drops 2 additional rays and the shield that lowers the cooldown of Heaven's Fury (by 47%). I couldn't be happier. Now to work on the rest of the gear.

StMeph

Kadala was kind to me. Got both the Flail that drops 2 additional rays and the shield that lowers the cooldown of Heaven's Fury (by 47%). I couldn't be happier. Now to work on the rest of the gear.

Eberli Charo isn't really a good fit with Fate of the Fell. You use Fires of Heaven on Heaven's Fury to remove the cooldown altogether and spam to your heart's Wrath's content. Wrath is a bit of an issue with the shotgun build.

For shields, people used to go for a well-rolled Hellskull since it guaranteed CDR, but since that's no longer a guaranteed affix, it's a little more varied now. Hallowed Barricade is a good alternative since it's craftable with Holy%, so you can keep remaking it until you get a good one.

taybul

I never got either ring pre-2.1. Post-2.1 it seems to be raining Focuses (Focii?). I finally had a Restraint drop but haven't tested it out. I still don't know wtf the set bonus means. Your spender that spent resource does 50% more damage at full resource?

Tom Penny

Game fucked me so bad. Spend 60 imperial gems on an amulet and never got crit chance on top the 10's of million in gold. Then I fucked my self not paying attention and vendoring a trifects amulet with a socket because it was a rare :(

joesmokey

I started to go back to my main last night. 10 minute T6 clears are so nice. I think I might level up gems on my main for awhile before deciding if I want to continue on in seasons. That RoRG grind pretty much killed any interest in seasons for me, especially since I'd have to do it again for other items (Witching Hour, etc.).

eek5

So I decided to upgrade my gems since I wasn't getting any upgrades. Best strat seems to be get to level 15 gem then from there on only do your gemlevel+2 (i.e. GR14 for rank 12 gem) and ride the 60/60/60 upgrade train to victory.

So I decided to upgrade my gems since I wasn't getting any upgrades. Best strat seems to be get to level 15 gem then from there on only do your gemlevel+2 (i.e. GR14 for rank 12 gem) and ride the 60/60/60 upgrade train to victory.

Pretty much. I can do 30 fairly quick with my DH, so getting to about 20 is easy, but then there is not reason to push the levels, so 25-28 is perfect.

Xanathus

I found double Danettas and tried doing the Act 1-5 in 1 hour conquest solo and yeah it's impossible without a group because you need to split up and divide the quests that have you go into multiple dungeons, and also you need someone to go ahead to the next checkpoint while the others do the quest like when finding Kulle's head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom