• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First T6 cache I opened after the hotfix dropped me a RoRG, this after hundreds of caches without a single drop. I can finally stop doing bounties.

Celegus

Awww no more seeing what junk people get? That's half the fun... really wish it would at least display a message for parties. I've gotten some good stuff from people that were just going to trash it without even asking, because it shows up in clan chat.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Awww no more seeing what junk people get? That's half the fun... really wish it would at least display a message for parties. I've gotten some good stuff from people that were just going to trash it without even asking, because it shows up in clan chat.

Yup, just need people to get in the habit of linking stuff to chat instead. Honestly, with the huge legendary hauls people were getting I was finding it hard to follow the chat at times.

Xanathus

Uh I'm highly opposed to this because this would mean there would no longer be any clan leaderboard which means my efforts for getting conquests and achievements and shit becomes meaningless.

Ayumi

Add this:

[/URL]

No more PL guys.

Hey mannnnn. I tried to message you on BNet but couldn't send any message since you were offline. I'm so so so sorry for not checking back, I tabbed out and completely forgot I was even in the game. :(((

I hope you can forgive me. And thank you a billion times for the help today. /diesofshame

taybul

Uh I'm highly opposed to this because this would mean there would no longer be any clan leaderboard which means my efforts for getting conquests and achievements and shit becomes meaningless.

There's still the global leaderboards. Aim higher!

Raticus79

Well crap, you're right, that is something that didn't come up before. Hmm. Looks like the battle.net API doesn't provide the info either. Are there a lot of people actively competing with you there? Maybe we could spin up a mini-clan for that purpose, or if it's a really small group just add each other as friends.

wonder why theres limitations on clan size and not community size.... seems silly.

It's due to the extra features like showing clan members in the friends list and quick join. It wouldn't work unless they applied the same sort of split-into-100 logic they do for chat channels - but then people would be asking "why can't I quick join", "why's my clan list showing a different set of people every time", etc.

I just downloaded this game for xbox one and I have chosen the male monk for my character. This is my first diablo game so are there any tips for a newbie like myself. Also is there anyone that is just starting off as well?

XBL: FadedRevolution

Dahbomb

Yeah I was about to say this.

My #1 Monk rank on the Clan will lose its charm!

Also it's fun watching other people's Legendary drops in Clan chat. It's also nice to see the Clan member list and see the profile of all the various players.

Tom Penny

Kadala needs to sell gems or they need to replace stupid worthless deaths breath with gems. Having to use topaz on amulets and rings makes them run out in no time if you are unlucky.

Dahbomb

Wyatt Cheng commented about the new bounty legendary drop rate scaling:

https://twitter.com/candlesan/status/507399314851651584
@uniqlol chance of legendary from bounty cache goes from ~50% at torment 2 to guaranteed at torment 6.

So yeah, I think it's here to stay. Crazy! I was staying up late farming my RoRG just in case they changed their minds. Hmm, time for me to take another look at those bounty legendaries in other acts. Hmm, maybe that charm amulet from act 3.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/overwhelming-desire-1I0LYo

That chance is for Bounty exclusive Legendaries right?

Raticus79

Yeah I was about to say this.

My #1 Monk rank on the Clan will lose its charm!

Also it's fun watching other people's Legendary drops in Clan chat. It's also nice to see the Clan member list and see the profile of all the various players.

Was that #1 by paragon? I'm looking at doing some cool stuff with the battle.net API and making a real sortable page of it so we can do rankings and stuff out of game.

That chance is for Bounty exclusive Legendaries right?

Yes, it doesn't apply to the regular legendaries that can also drop, just the bounty-exclusive ones.

Xanathus

Well crap, you're right, that is something that didn't come up before. Hmm. Looks like the battle.net API doesn't provide the info either. Are there a lot of people actively competing with you there? Maybe we could spin up a mini-clan for that purpose, or if it's a really small group just add each other as friends.

I wouldn't say we're "actively" competing but it's really nice to see the leaderboards and it was one of the main reasons I bothered doing the stuff like grinding to 70 on day one of season and doing t6 malthael.

I think my question is why are you shutting down the whole clan and leaving everyone clanless rather than simply leaving it as is. It seems like it just screws everyone equally compared to the current status quo where some people are screwed and others aren't. I thought the whole point of resetting the NeoGAF community and having us join again was to see who was still active and then you would just purge the whole clan and the invite everyone in the community into the clan.

I think it's fair to kick out people who are inactive and you shouldn't be afraid of people who are angry at you for doing it (actually has there been anyone who has actually been angry at you over getting kicked out?). Other D3 clans do it all the time.

joesmokey

My seasons character is almost equally geared for fire now compared to my main (outside Witching Hour and the Unity rings). Kind of crazy how fast it is to get everything.

Dahbomb

#1 by Greater Rift rank. Paragon rank is irrelevant... that's just a list of who plays the most. I definitely do not have the most time spent on Monk on GAF mostly because I do also play other classes (even though Monk is my "main" with DH being my second).

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just found a Gift and was able to beastify my SMK:

r1k5gLk.jpg

Ayumi

Anyone have links to their fire wiz profile?

Since he linked his Firebird set, I'll link my Woh/Aughild wizard build:

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ayumi-2458/hero/2188011

Pretty decent for T6 solo, great for group party, but awful for Greater Rifts. I've been saving up Firebird items and various weapons for GR, but decided to just gear up my H instead. lol

Need the source and a decent 1H to pair with it or the gloves (though my Vyr's with nearly perfect crit/crit dmg will be hard to replace) for the 6-piece Firebird set paired with Tal Rasha's. Some other things to be tweaked after that for the fire build. Not sure what skills I'd pick though.

Insaniac

I just found a Gift and was able to beastify my SMK:

Ridonkulous

edit: also how rare exactly is the Gift? I've already found 3 of them, so I'm going to use em, but not sure if I just got lucky and should save future ones for really good weapons.

MrDaravon

Ridonkulous

edit: also how rare exactly is the Gift? I've already found 3 of them, so I'm going to use em, but not sure if I just got lucky and should save future ones for really good weapons.

I'm at 0 gifts found after 45 hours of play. I swear like it seem everyone either hasn't found any of them or they have multiples, it's weird.

Dahbomb

No Gift here either after 50 hours of play.

Meanwhile Kripparian got two Gifts, a godly Kridershot, RorG (pre buff), full Marauder set and a godly Blackthornes in less than 50 hours of playing a Hardcore Season DH.

:/

Shouta

Ok, I haven't played in a while. Are there any Crusader builds that are considered the best? Or Barbarian?

Dunno if it's the best but I really dig 1h builds for Crusader with AS skills for Zeal. Makes for lots of swinging, especially with a Thunderfury, lol.

No Gift here either after 50 hours of play.

Meanwhile Kripparian got two Gifts, a godly Kridershot, RorG (pre buff), full Marauder set and a godly Blackthornes in less than 50 hours of playing a Hardcore Season DH.

:/

It's your punishment for not appeasing the Marvel Gods more

Celegus

I've only got one gift, directly after complaining about how they don't exist. So maybe try that. I'd love another one though!

Insaniac

Need the source and a decent 1H to pair with it or the gloves (though my Vyr's with nearly perfect crit/crit dmg will be hard to replace) for the 6-piece Firebird set paired with Tal Rasha's. Some other things to be tweaked after that for the fire build. Not sure what skills I'd pick though.

Here's my setup right now. Most people go with Blizzard - Apocalypse however, but I really enjoy using disintegrate. I can solo GR 29 right now

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpikyBry-1289/hero/1667927

Raticus79

I think my question is why are you shutting down the whole clan and leaving everyone clanless rather than simply leaving it as is. It seems like it just screws everyone equally compared to the current status quo where some people are screwed and others aren't. I thought the whole point of resetting the NeoGAF community and having us join again was to see who was still active and then you would just purge the whole clan and the invite everyone in the community into the clan.

I think it's fair to kick out people who are inactive and you shouldn't be afraid of people who are angry at you for doing it (actually has there been anyone who has actually been angry at you over getting kicked out?). Other D3 clans do it all the time.

The community was reset because it was initially one of the largest communities and randoms were joining it just because it was big. We had no idea who was in there. It's locked down now and only has verified GAF folks.

Ballpark, I have 80 people who want in, maybe 40 I can remove. That means I have 40 mad they didn't get in and 40 who will probably want back in later when they cycle back to the game.

Yes, of course there have been people who were upset. I'm not going to call people out for it, but being removed from a group is the most basic form of rejection and people have a strong reaction to that. Heck, people are already mad that the purge wasn't done yet and they haven't gotten into the "in" crowd yet. Scarcity creates conflict. Even when we had multiple active overflow clans, people wanted to be in the "main" one.

Scy hasn't played since early June, for example, and is one of the highest paragon players and previously quite an active poster. Some people who want in are similarly high paragon but have never posted in a Diablo thread. What to do? Should we factor in chat activity / personality / gear? While reviewing these things, I'm sitting here thinking "this is pointless. We don't need to do this."

My reason for switching to the community is that managing the conflict around the scarcity the clan creates is difficult, time-consuming, and has very little incremental payoff compared to a community. Looking at starting a family soon and I just don't have that kind of time any more.

So, like I said, if people want to keep it, that's fine, but I'm not interested in continuing with that approach. If you want a competitive clan for the ranking features, then it needs to be managed by a hardass because we have too few seats for the friendly approach to work. I just want people to be able to chat and group with each other.

Here's my setup right now. Most people go with Blizzard - Apocalypse however, but I really enjoy using disintegrate. I can solo GR 29 right now

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SpikyBry-1289/hero/1667927

There's actually a very strong argument for this kind of build for high GRs, especially in groups. Blizzard-Apocalypse is only good for building up the Firebird DoT-after that it is pretty miserable in terms of damage. The main reason why people are big on Blizzard is that they can kite around and still get some damage beyond the firebird DoT/hyrdas/black hole off cooldown, whereas Disintigrate is a very immobile build. But the issue with that approach is that it might hit a hard limit whereas under the right rift conditions Disintegrate could completely blow it away. On the leaderboards, getting that super lucky rift is everything.

Pretty interesting metagame interactions going on. Thumbs up regardless.

TheYanger

The community was reset because it was initially one of the largest communities and randoms were joining it just because it was big. We had no idea who was in there. It's locked down now and only has verified GAF folks.

Ballpark, I have 80 people who want in, maybe 40 I can remove. That means I have 40 mad they didn't get in and 40 who will probably want back in later when they cycle back to the game.

Yes, of course there have been people who were upset. I'm not going to call people out for it, but being removed from a group is the most basic form of rejection and people have a strong reaction to that. Heck, people are already mad that the purge wasn't done yet and they haven't gotten into the "in" crowd yet. Scarcity creates conflict. Even when we had multiple active overflow clans, people wanted to be in the "main" one.

Scy hasn't played since early June, for example, and is one of the highest paragon players and previously quite an active poster. Some people who want in are similarly high paragon but have never posted in a Diablo thread. What to do? Should we factor in chat activity / personality / gear? While reviewing these things, I'm sitting here thinking "this is pointless. We don't need to do this."

My reason for switching to the community is that managing the conflict around the scarcity the clan creates is difficult, time-consuming, and has very little incremental payoff compared to a community. Looking at starting a family soon and I just don't have that kind of time any more.

So, like I said, if people want to keep it, that's fine, but I'm not interested in continuing with that approach. If you want a competitive clan for the ranking features, then it needs to be managed by a hardass because we have too few seats for the friendly approach to work. I just want people to be able to chat and group with each other.

I wouldn't have agreed prior to them fixing chat, but they did. Anyone that is in the clan and isn't in community chat is missing out already and by forcing people to use the community chat instead it only serves to bring everyone together more instead of the arbitrarily limited number of people. I suspect a lot of clan members haven't gone back and turned chat on ever (or rejoined the community) so I would urge them to do so.

Xanathus

OK how about this, leave the current clan alone for now and just tell everyone to chat in community chat whenever anyone talks in clan chat? Make it a rule (suggestion?) and make a clan post about it. For all intents and purposes it would be the same as disbanding the clan except people in the clan still have benefits like leaderboard, item announcements and quick join while the people only in community still get the same benefit as if the clan was disbanded.

joesmokey

OK how about this, leave the current clan alone for now and just tell everyone to chat in community chat whenever anyone talks in clan chat? Make it a rule (suggestion?) and make a clan post about it. For all intents and purposes it would be the same as disbanding the clan except people in the clan still have benefits like leaderboard, item announcements and quick join while the people only in community still get the same benefit as if the clan was disbanded.
That works for you because you're already in the guild and don't see a problem.

Those that are actually active and not in the guild don't see any leaderboard rankings, don't see guild spam, and understand that the actual community chat is dead. Outside of one or two people, almost nobody comments on there and you can't find groups for anything. Better off just joining one of the seasonal main communities and finding a group there.

Community can work for just a general chat room, but a guild is more than that.

Celegus

It is a pretty sticky situation for sure. Both ways have their merit. Can't say I envy your position Rat, but I'll be good with whatever you end up doing. Would be nice if the clan size was increased, but that's clearly not going to happen.

Raticus79

We tried the "suggestion" approach - no dice. Unless it was enforced with a pretty harsh rule, it wouldn't happen. Clan chat is just easier - I've usually been in clan chat myself just out of habit. "Use community chat or you're out, 3 strikes" etc - then people would wind up using clan chat anyway when there aren't officers on.

People also like to talk about items, which means drops would need to be re-linked to community chat so people have an idea what we're talking about. It's awkward.

Firemind

Makes me a bit glad the NeoGaf Euroclan is still going strong with its first iteration, chat included. Now if I can just find the clan leaderboards...

Raticus79

Makes me a bit glad the NeoGaf Euroclan is still going strong with its first iteration, chat included. Now if I can just find the clan leaderboards...

Hit Shift+L and there's a dropdown at the top to choose the clan. (I think it defaults to it)

Then click on the left to view the different sections.

Xanathus

Those that are actually active and not in the guild don't see any leaderboard rankings, don't see guild spam, and understand that the actual community chat is dead. Outside of one or two people, almost nobody comments on there and you can't find groups for anything. Better off just joining one of the seasonal main communities and finding a group there.

Community can work for just a general chat room, but a guild is more than that.
And how does disbanding the clan help at all? It just means now *everyone* doesn't get to see rankings and clan stuff instead of just a minority.

We tried the "suggestion" approach - no dice. Unless it was enforced with a pretty harsh rule, it wouldn't happen. Clan chat is just easier. "Use community chat or you're out, 3 strikes" etc - then people would wind up using clan chat anyway when there aren't officers on.

People also like to talk about items, which means drops would need to be re-linked to community chat so people have an idea what we're talking about. It's awkward.

I don't think you really tried the suggestion approach enough. What I'm saying is that whenever you see someone chatting in clan chat, just direct them politely to the community chat instead and encourage others to spread the word. At least make a clan news post about asking people to chat in community chat before just giving up on it. I'm not saying to make it an actually enforced rule but I haven't seen anyone telling anyone not to clan chat at all.

The issue with people talking about linked items and such will solve itself once people get used to chatting in community chat.

joesmokey

I really should give my follower my Thunderfury, lol. I can't believe I didn't think of that until I saw your profile.
It's pretty amazing and works fairly well. Also helps serve to make people jealous, lol.
Aether Walker and no Teleport. Uh...
This is a new spec that I'm trying out, however Aether Walker is unfortunately my highest 1hr dps weapon.

Teleport uses up too much mana in GR for my liking, so I've been playing around with giving it up.

And how does disbanding the clan help at all? It just means now *everyone* doesn't get to see rankings and clan stuff instead of just a minority.
Everyone that is still actually active should get a reserved slot and see no change on their end. This would help purge inactive members, creating room for active people to join.

That might be a little extra work on Raticus' end to ensure previously active people in the clan keep their spot, but that's the only way this would work. There should be no difference unless people are too lazy to accept a new clan invite.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

Those that are actually active and not in the guild don't see any leaderboard rankings, don't see guild spam, and understand that the actual community chat is dead. Outside of one or two people, almost nobody comments on there and you can't find groups for anything.

Exactly. I used to be in the guild but didn't play for a few months and got kicked. Now that the patch hit and I'm playing again I've been relegated to com chat only, and let me tell you it's a dead zone. Very little talk, can;t find groups, I've actually been playing randoms because what other choice do I have? I've even been looking into joining other guilds because GAF community chat is dead.

Sorry Xanathus, you can't see it because you are lucky to be in the guild. It's lonely on the outside.

Everyone that is still actually active should get a reserved slot and see no change on their end. This would help purge inactive members, creating room for active people to join. That might be a little extra work on Raticus' end to ensure previously active people in the clan keep their spot, but that's the only way this would work. There should be no difference unless people are too lazy to accept a new clan invite.

I think their are two problems:

1. the clan size limit just isn't enough to hold all of GAF
2. Raticus doesn't want to have to police the clan daily

What are your guys' thoughts on Fulminator vs. Mad Monarch Scepter? I have Odyn Son in my other hand. I've been so used to the awesome poison nova on MM, but I do have a 40% Odyn Son proc. With all the lightning effects (got wreath of lightning gem too), I can't really tell how much the Fulminator proc hits for.

Firemind

Teleport uses up too much mana in GR for my liking, so I've been playing around with giving it up.

Fair enough.

Since Firebird builds are the hottest new thing, I think I'm going to go with a lightning stun build to spice up the variety. It'll involve Paralysis, Aether Walker, Teleport with the Calamity rune, Wyrdward (which I recently all salvaged lol), Ancient Partan Defenders, the gems that stun and possibly Taeguk (since Teleport will now spend arcane power) or Hoarder with Goldwrap. I just need a good main attack that does lightning damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom