• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

So there are two "sets" for WD in seasons..one is jade (soul harvest) other is I don't know.

Don't know which to go for but...I can't tell what pieces are for what slots when I try to find them on the internet..jade harveter's swiftness is that chest or something?

Getting tired of everything I get giving me red in damage. Even the RRoG I got is over 10% reduction in DPS. I know use it for -1 in set but I don't even know what set to get nor what pieces slots I need to gamble for lol

There are 3 main builds right now

Mask of Jeram / T&T pet doctor w/ SMK

Carnevil + Dagger of Dats w/ poison darts + zuni 4 piece

Jade

Jade is storngest followed my SMK followed by carnevil. IF you don't have any of those you can run a regular pet build which should get you to around T3-T4.

Feel free to remove me from the clan. I mainly play with friends and coworkers who aren't in it. I'll probably just join up with them so we can see each other's loot.

ZenaxPure

You've been playing this one lately, right? Have you found it to be T6 capable or where does it stop?

Always thought it looked kinda interesting.

These greater rifts are pretty fun.
Critique me please.

Just for the sake of this post I am going to stick with your current setup and ignore the endgame directions you could go. So that said, first thing I want to say is you should be looking for a new weapon. Schaefers honestly isn't that great compared to other lightning proc weapons (SoH/TF and Odyn are a hard combo to beat) but also if you plan on sticking with Seismic Slam, Fury of the Vanished Peak is a usable weapon now and makes SS a bit better. Pretty much all your gear needs work (especially your ammy and rings) but those things mostly come with time. That said though, I wouldn't actually gamble a new weapon if I were you, not until you upgraded some of your armor because it's way easier to do. Just something to keep in mind.

For your skills you should swap out your rune on battle rage to bloodshed. It's going to give you way more damage than the extra 5% from your current rune with the current damaging skills you are using, by a pretty long shot. You should consider changing Furious Charge as well. You already have solid aoe damage from SS so charge shouldn't be offering a lot outside of minor crowd control. I'd either switch the skill out entirely OR switch the rune over to Stamina. With Stamina you can spend way less time using bash in large groups of enemies and more time spamming SS. Merciless Assault is a fantastic rune as well, even if you aren't physical based, but you shouldn't need to use it with SS in your build.

Otherwise your build is pretty solid for farming the gear needed for higher difficulty stuff if you want to do it.

Ketch

My guys lookin pretty bad ass right now, and I made it onto the top 1000 solo monk americas leader board. #899 booya.
solo%20monk.png

Rizzi

You've been playing this one lately, right? Have you found it to be T6 capable or where does it stop?

Always thought it looked kinda interesting.

Just for the sake of this post I am going to stick with your current setup and ignore the endgame directions you could go. So that said, first thing I want to say is you should be looking for a new weapon. Schaefers honestly isn't that great compared to other lightning proc weapons (SoH/TF and Odyn are a hard combo to beat) but also if you plan on sticking with Seismic Slam, Fury of the Vanished Peak is a usable weapon now and makes SS a bit better. Pretty much all your gear needs work (especially your ammy and rings) but those things mostly come with time. That said though, I wouldn't actually gamble a new weapon if I were you, not until you upgraded some of your armor because it's way easier to do. Just something to keep in mind.

For your skills you should swap out your rune on battle rage to bloodshed. It's going to give you way more damage than the extra 5% from your current rune with the current damaging skills you are using, by a pretty long shot. You should consider changing Furious Charge as well. You already have solid aoe damage from SS so charge shouldn't be offering a lot outside of minor crowd control. I'd either switch the skill out entirely OR switch the rune over to Stamina. With Stamina you can spend way less time using bash in large groups of enemies and more time spamming SS. Merciless Assault is a fantastic rune as well, even if you aren't physical based, but you shouldn't need to use it with SS in your build.

Otherwise your build is pretty solid for farming the gear needed for higher difficulty stuff if you want to do it.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

ElyrionX

I think people who want to be in the clan should be those who want to play with fellow GAFers and not just their own play groups. Since 2.1, I have always asked the GAF clan whether there were rifts going on that I could get in on but I rarely get a response. I suppose Seasons has split the playerbase as well but back on the first few months of RoS, it was a lot more active in terms of actual GAF games going on.

Nymerio

So I got a RoRG and a couple pieces of each of the monk sets. I've been playing a lightning focused build so far but the 3000% dmg proc of the swk set is holy damage. I'm already down to +75% lightning damage if I switch gear around to get the 4 piece swk bonus. Should I switch completely to holy?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Splatbang-2980/hero/47791665

I'm trying to get a socket into the amulet and to switch out the crappy gems for something better. I'm waiting for a flying dragon to drop so I don't really want to try to get sockets into any weapons.

Exclusive Season rewards = Normal mode only players complaining about Season players getting exclusive rewards.

True, but people are going to complain no matter what Blizzard does. People were already whining like crazy over the transmogs being season exclusive.

Blizzard should just say fuck it and put better things behind seasons regardless.

There are 3 main builds right now

Mask of Jeram / T&T pet doctor w/ SMK

Jade

Jade is storngest followed my SMK followed by carnevil. IF you don't have any of those you can run a regular pet build which should get you to around T3-T4.

SMK doesn't exist! It's a myth!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So I just got a Ramaldni's Gift for my Holy Shotgun crusader. I've got p5 Akkhan + RoRG, Reaper Wraps, 32% cooldown reduction and 16% resource cost reduction. Got FoTF obviously and a 20% Holy dmg hallowed barricade.

Here's my detailed profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beru-1678/hero/39271654

Question is: what to reroll on my Fate of the Fell now that I have a gift? What is optimal: more CDR or more wrath cost reduction?

Dahbomb

I think people who want to be in the clan should be those who want to play with fellow GAFers and not just their own play groups. Since 2.1, I have always asked the GAF clan whether there were rifts going on that I could get in on but I rarely get a response. I suppose Seasons has split the playerbase as well but back on the first few months of RoS, it was a lot more active in terms of actual GAF games going on.
Most active GAF players are in fact playing Seasons. I have had no problems finding games in Seasons but I usually have difficulty finding a regular group. Things sort of changed when they super buffed Bounties and people hopped on their old characters to get RoRG but that lasted a day, now everyone has RoRGs and there's no point to playing split Bounties any more.

Also the way to get in GAF Rifts is to check the online playing Clan members, see who is doing Rifts at your level and has a slot, then send them a request to join game. Most people let you in fairly easily.

Xanathus

Alternatively you guys could man up and play Hardcore Seasons with me, I'm almost level 70 now with Crusader and went all the way solo :(

Bogeypop

I finally realized it's going to be impossible to climb the seasonal ranks through solo play alone. Let me in while there's still time to catch up, GAF, I need backup!

Shifty76

So I got a RoRG and a couple pieces of each of the monk sets. I've been playing a lightning focused build so far but the 3000% dmg proc of the swk set is holy damage. I'm already down to +75% lightning damage if I switch gear around to get the 4 piece swk bonus. Should I switch completely to holy?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Splatbang-2980/hero/47791665

I'm trying to get a socket into the amulet and to switch out the crappy gems for something better. I'm waiting for a flying dragon to drop so I don't really want to try to get sockets into any weapons.
I'd switch. SWK just gives so much dps + suŕvivability compared to everything else. Go with SWK + Inna until you get a FD

I have an invite pending in the overflow clan. MisterCrow#1549. Been playing D3 since it came out, really want to get in on some clan action!

Terra

Gaaaaah! I am in a greater rift, and my unstable internet connection decides to bail on me.
This damnes always online...

Nymerio

I'd switch. SWK just gives so much dps + suŕvivability compared to everything else. Go with SWK + Inna until you get a FD

Thought so, guess I'll start to collect holy gear. I'll be keeping my lightning stuff for the moment till I have a couple items ready.

Dahbomb

Obviously don't disenchant your Lightning gear, you never know when Blizzard might buff up Raiment set to ridiculous levels like they did with SWK set. They pretty much have to buff that set at some point or rework it.

ElyrionX

Most active GAF players are in fact playing Seasons. I have had no problems finding games in Seasons but I usually have difficulty finding a regular group. Things sort of changed when they super buffed Bounties and people hopped on their old characters to get RoRG but that lasted a day, now everyone has RoRGs and there's no point to playing split Bounties any more.

Also the way to get in GAF Rifts is to check the online playing Clan members, see who is doing Rifts at your level and has a slot, then send them a request to join game. Most people let you in fairly easily.

Yeah maybe I'd try that. Seasons splitting the playerbase kind of sucks.

MrDaravon

Well i think i found my BiS weapon for my DH on seasons.

XYHfhBf.jpg

Very nice!

Finally found my first Gift this morning, but don't have anything super crazy to use it on. I DO have a pretty darn good Buriza, but I think I'd rather save it for a Krider/Etrayu/Calamity or a crazy rolled weapon. If I get another one before getting any of those weapons I'll either use it on my Buriza or I might try crafting Unbound Bolts for a good roll and use it on that (it's a craftable bow that always rolls IAS and more importantly CHD).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Spreadsheet says I'm in the clan, I was a cpl weeks ago. Logged in now that seasons started and noticed I wasn't.

Can I get re-added?

Yeah, sure. Just don't want it to be one of those situations where people put in the minimum and then we wind up with a resort with a bunch of towels on the chairs and no one enjoying the pool.

How hard is it to find a Ramaldni's Gift? I've been playing for a while and still havent found one.

Seems to be as rare as leg potions. I've gotten 3 so far, 2 from live and 1 from seasons but only used one. It's not so bad, you really just want to save up that perfect non socket weapon and people don't across those often.

Firemind

Seems to be as rare as leg potions. I've gotten 3 so far, 2 from live and 1 from seasons but only used one. It's not so bad, you really just want to save up that perfect non socket weapon and people don't across those often.

I wish it'd drop soon. I have a near max base damage Aether Walker waiting, but I don't want to reroll for a socket, then reroll into something else.

Well persistence does pay off. 3 crafts, ~200 souls and it is complete.

xjgXj03.jpg

I felt like I was wasting souls, since the re-rolls went about like this.
~roll 5: 82 CD
~roll 150: 86 CD (Almost gave up here)
~roll 200: 100 CD

Celegus

It really bothers me that the Bane of the Trapped gem isn't in there. Also: holy crap.

Jubs

xjgXj03.jpg

200 rolls? Damn, you must have exhausted your entire supply of gems. Seems worth it though, that's a fine ammy

Xyber

Fucking finally, Kridershot! Too bad it rolled Vit that I can't get rid of, but can't complain.

Now I just need a better SoJ, Blackthorne amulet and a better RoRG if I can find one.

This game is just so much more fun when you actually have a shot at getting some great gear without having to grind for hundreds of hours.

I'm having trouble re-rolling jewelry for sockets. I guess in theory it would be ok to lose damage overall with the correct gem inside wouldn't it?

For the legendary jewelry gems does it show the updated stats once you add the gem?

ZenaxPure

Just tried to roll a neck for CHD 90 times, I saw it offered twice. Once at 57% and once at 68%. Such RNG, much amaze.

I don't like how the range on necks is 50% to 100%. Should be 75% at a minimum. I got an awesome neck on my season barbarian, lightning damage (which I'm using), STR, Crit, and CHD... Except the CHD was 51%. Losing 50% CHD just isn't worth it.

JayHayabusa

My first Hellfire

I currenlty have 58cc 480 cd

Should I roll 10 cc on the Hellfire or is 20% cold good enough, knowing i am an m6 cold sentry dh. I currently have 20% cold on my bracers and 17% on the Etrayu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom