• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayHayabusa

Reposting here since it was the last post of the previous page!

My first Hellfire

I currenlty have 58cc 480 cd

Should I roll 10 cc on the Hellfire or is 20% cold good enough, knowing i am an m6 cold sentry dh. I currently have 20% cold on my bracers and 17% on the Etrayu.

iirate

The Bane of the Trapped aura count doesn't count as a control impairing effect right? That's just frozen, fear, stun, knockback, etc?

It counts. Just make sure to not use it as a monk right now if you rely on procs for any meaningful amount of your damage(i.e. SWK clones, Mirinae, GNK or weapon procs, etc.). It's currently bugged and doesn't apply to any of those.

Xyber

finally got around to beating this boring ass campaign. what's the quickest way to level up?

Join a Demon Hunter that can do T6. Carried a lvl 60 to 70 in 1 rift (we were 4 players, but even with just 2 it's pretty quick).

Or you can do bountys, but that's no fun at all.

But it wouldn't hurt doing bounties for rift keys. It's a nice change of pace after the campaign. If he just hit 70 he wouldn't have rift keys would he?

Dahbomb

Reposting here since it was the last post of the previous page!
The Cold damage will give you more damage.

Roughly speaking it will give you 14-15% more damage as compared to 10% crit chance which will give you 11.4%.

The formula for calculating this is pretty simple.... it's new elemental damage (in your case 57%) divided by old elemental damage (37%). So 1.57 / 1. 37 = 1.145. 10% CC gives you 11-12% more damage so 20 %Cold damage would give you a bit more damage.

If you use a Cold SoJ then it might be beneficial to use 10%CC over it but you probably won't as that slot will be used up by a Unity.

Xyber

But it wouldn't hurt doing bounties for rift keys. It's a nice change of pace after the campaign. If he just hit 70 he wouldn't have rift keys would he?

Well yeah, do bountys for an hour and you get plenty of keys. Might as well work on getting the RoRG from act 1 bountys when doing it.

Omega

Banned
yeah i'm doing bounties now, was just curious if there was a faster way to level up.

@Complex on the first time through the campaign isn't bad. But I'm an idiot and got the XB1 version. when i decided to come back to PC i had to do everything over again.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
yeah i'm doing bounties now, was just curious if there was a faster way to level up.

@Complex on the first time through the campaign isn't bad. But I'm an idiot and got the XB1 version. when i decided to come back to PC i had to do everything over again.
You mean they don't sync story progress? That's lame.

Czigga

Holy shit. I just logged on after like a year long hiatus and have no idea what to do. I was expecting to not know my char's abilities any more, but I'm most thrown off by the difficulty levels. I was on Inferno Act III when I last played level 60. But now the difficulty names are totally changed. What do I do and what difficulty should i play?

I'm considering getting RoS soon so if I should just get that and start over level 1 I guess I'm down with that.

Holy shit. I just logged on after like a year long hiatus and have no idea what to do. I was expecting to not know my char's abilities any more, but I'm most thrown off by the difficulty levels. I was on Inferno Act III when I last played level 60. But now the difficulty names are totally changed. What do I do and what difficulty should i play?

I'm considering getting RoS soon so if I should just get that and start over level 1 I guess I'm down with that.

Set the game to Normal and just... play. Basically, the difficulties scale differently than they used to, and you can change it at will. You no longer have to play the game through entirely on a certain difficulty to get the next difficulty unlocked.

But the bigger problem is probably that you have gear from pre-Loot 2.0, which means it's mostly garbage. So start out on Normal and just go through the game and when you are stomping enemies bump the difficulty up or experiment with difficulty settings.

Czigga

Set the game to Normal and just... play. Basically, the difficulties scale differently than they used to, and you can change it at will. You no longer have to play the game through entirely on a certain difficulty to get the next difficulty unlocked.

But the bigger problem is probably that you have gear from pre-Loot 2.0, which means it's mostly garbage. So start out on Normal and just go through the game and when you are stomping enemies bump the difficulty up or experiment with difficulty settings.

Yeah my gear all sucks. Sucks I played over 100 hrs getting all that shit! Guess I'll start a new toon

ezekial45

Banned
Yeah, RoS is amazing. I highly recommend getting it. The Adventure mode is sublime, and makes playing the game more fun and convenient.

ZenaxPure

Got my seasonal barb to a place I am happy with (just need a weapon to have all the gear I want, though still have work to do as the stats on a lot of the items are bad) so I decided to try out that pain enhancer WW build on my normal barbarian... and god damn WW in 2.1 is the real deal. Did a GR 25 with almost 8 minutes left at the end and that is with a rank 0 pain enhancer (which is where a majority of the damage comes from in the build). Really interesting how the same build from vanilla can be used again but the mechanics behind it are different now despite using basically the same skills. I think I actually like how this version functions more honestly.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
my dh is able to do Torment 5 now. I was able to get an amazing traveler's pledge, and paired it with my compass rose (which had a socket).

i was able to get 2 pieces of natalya's and the RORG so i have a 3 set on that, but will also get the 6 piece set on the marauder's once i get the helm for it. then i dont know what i'm supposed to do to make my gear better. I guess better versions of my existing gear.

i'm doing 2 one handers at the moment and it seems like its worth it since i get the 2 and 3 set on the natalya's vs. the quiver. the quiver had max attack speed, crit, and a socket, but it was the one that had the arrow piercing more often.

i cant wait to get the marauder's done and then my sentries will be shitting all over everything. i wanted to get the kreider shot and free up another skill slot, but i dont even have one, and i'd have to drop a lot of bonuses to get that going. i already had to sacrifice a lot of my survivability to get what i have now (even though i now have over 1 mil damage)

Tarazet

Any Crusader experts have any tips they can give me? I got Akkhan 6-piece with RRoG and a Leoric's Crown for the extra CDR. Some of the weapons I have available to me include:

A so-so Fate of the Fell
A pretty good Mortal Drama
A so-so Blade of Prophecy
A 3800-dps Sledge of Ashkeleng

Some of the shields I have:

Jekangbord
Piro Marella
Hellskull

I have a pretty good fire Eye of Elitch amulet but I've been using the Vaxo in my profile for the strong vanilla damage.

I have enough CDR for 90% uptime on Akarat's Champion. Is it important to close that gap? If it is, what pieces are missing it that really should have it?

Anywhere that I should be giving something up for the legendary gems? The need for CDR has made them very hard to fit in.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/51784409

Oh, and most of the playing I've been doing has been in T6 rifts and Greater Rifts up to about 32-33 in group play. I can't get anywhere near that level solo though, so any tips for something that would work when they get tired of the game again would be nice too.

Parallacs

Any Crusader experts have any tips they can give me? I got Akkhan 6-piece with RRoG and a Leoric's Crown for the extra CDR. Some of the weapons I have available to me include:

A so-so Fate of the Fell
A pretty good Mortal Drama
A so-so Blade of Prophecy
A 3800-dps Sledge of Ashkeleng

Some of the shields I have:

Jekangbord
Piro Marella
Hellskull

I have a pretty good fire Eye of Elitch amulet but I've been using the Vaxo in my profile for the strong vanilla damage.

I have enough CDR for 90% uptime on Akarat's Champion. Is it important to close that gap? If it is, what pieces are missing it that really should have it?

Anywhere that I should be giving something up for the legendary gems? The need for CDR has made them very hard to fit in.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/51784409

Oh, and most of the playing I've been doing has been in T6 rifts and Greater Rifts up to about 32-33 in group play. I can't get anywhere near that level solo though, so any tips for something that would work when they get tired of the game again would be nice too.

I feel it is now mandatory to get perma AC for greater rifts. I have it perma right now with the use of Leoric's Crown if you want to take a look:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Parallacs-1900/hero/44932419

I can clear 33s comfortably solo and have almost cleared 34s several times.

I would personally use any FOTF for Holy Shotgun instead of using the BOP. You can't effectively use BOP without the Season shield and Hellskull is great for using the Fate.

If you want some gear advice:
Get those shoulders up to 8% cdr
Get crit on Leoric's Crown (and put a max level Diamond in there)
Craft a pair of reapers with 20% holy and 6% crit
That belt is doing nothing for you in greater rifts. Get a Vigilante belt for 8% CDR
Socket a Mirinae
Try to get dual unity rings for solo if you haven't already

Nokterian

Kadala was very generous yesterday gave me Ice Walkers,Depth Diggers,Tasker and Theo (for my DH) and a new chestpiece the name i forgot. But i am very happy with those ice walkers i wanted them for a longtime on my monk.

Yeah my gear all sucks. Sucks I played over 100 hrs getting all that shit! Guess I'll start a new toon

Play a monk. They got buffed in patch 2.1 and there lots and lots of fun now.

Nymerio

I've always loved the way monks play. This is the third time I'm playing this class and I'm still having fun. There's something about the skills and the way it plays that keeps pulling me back.

Sheesh am i doing something wrong ? I can't barely keep up in t2 wtf ;_: i'm still farming my firebird set and getting better rolls and upgrading my gem and etc but my build is again at it's limit.. My wiz dies too fast even with prismatic armor on and blur heck even lower level paragon peeps can just stand on those purple lase beams and take it while one-two swipes brings me to low health :(

Firemind

Sheesh am i doing something wrong ? I can't barely keep up in t2 wtf ;_: i'm still farming my firebird set and getting better rolls and upgrading my gem and etc but my build is again at it's limit.. My wiz dies too fast even with prismatic armor on and blur heck even lower level paragon peeps can just stand on those purple lase beams and take it while one-two swipes brings me to low health :(

link your character

Firemind

Hmmm http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AldzDrakul-1229/hero/52086057

Is it my glasscannon passive maybe .... I do need blur too and etc ....

I see what your problem is. You're not running Mirror Image or (Archon) Teleport. A glass cannon wizard needs one of those and play perfectly to not die to nasty elite affixes.

If you need some margin of error, consider pairing Mirror Image (Duplicates) with Black Hole (Event Horizon). Your duplicates will cast their own black holes and suck any projectiles and elite affixes. Your team mates will appreciate it too. You can also use Slow Time (Time Warp or Point of No Return) depending what your team favours. Use the Illusionist passive and Energy Armor (Force Armor) for even better protection. Use the Deflection rune on Magic Weapon for more damage mitigation. Last but not least, the Dominance passive works wonders and lets you tank arcane beams just as well as other classes.

You really don't need two spenders (Meteor and Blizzard). Unwavering Will works better in tandem with channeling spells (Ray of Frost, Disintegrate and Archon). Glass Cannon has a downside whereas Conflagration (Fire), Coldblooded (Ice), Audacity (melee) and Elemental Exposure (mix) don't.

Better items will come in time. Focus on crit damage, crit chance and int. vitality is overrated; 300/400k is more than enough. Life regen is underrated. It's been buffed so you can get crazy numbers to let you heal off spikes in your health (especially with Force Armor). Armor is also excellent to have; don't underestimate it.

Quesa

uotfFyR.jpg

My Space Marine! I could probably make it a little more accurate, wasn't going off of a reference or anything. I think he looks really awesome.

Actually reminds more of Nightmare from soulcalibur

Firemind

It's the thought that counts.

Which reminds me, the wizard customization options are awful. How can a wizard not have any robes and capes in his/her wardrobe? This is a heinous oversight, Blizzard!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Is there ever any reason for a Crusader or Wizard to prioritize Attack Speed over any other primary offensive stat (main stat, cc%, chd; +% elemental damage) or primary defensive stat (vit, all res, +% life, LoH) or socket?

Is it any use? I mean, I can see it being better than Life Regen and +% skill dmg in some cases I guess... Really, is there any class/build that requires it?

Dahbomb

Wizards did use attack speed for their MM Conflagrate build. That has fallen out of favor though.

Monks heavily use attack speed now. Their best in slot weapon is in fact a weapon that doubles their attack speed so if you have a ton of attack speed on gear the Flying Dragon will provide you with even more attack speed. The high attack speed is needed for sustenance (20K LoH just from Flying Dragon will give enormous life sustenance) and spirit regen to spam SWK procs.

Demon Hunters also use attack speed as Sentries scale better with attack speed now. They need attack speed to achieve certain breakpoints for their Sentries. It's not uncommon for a DH to have over 2 APS nowadays.

Welp, it's once again the RORG that makes me quit.

After basically a week of lots and lots of Act 1 split farms I've now gotten ~15 RORGs and every last one of them rolled like garbage. It's the number 1 item that I need to improve in my gear and can farm for specifically, yet it's not happening.

I seriously just un-id 6 at once and that was the last straw..

Not once did I get a socket, CC or CD roll.

Obviously I can find better deals online, but my friend shouldn't have to pay $80 on Battle.net to play Diablo 3 with me. Standalone Diablo 3 should really be $20.

Xanathus

Obviously I can find better deals online, but my friend shouldn't have to pay $80 on Battle.net to play Diablo 3 with me. Standalone Diablo 3 should really be $20.

D3 and ROS have been $20 multiple time on various US retailers over the past few weeks. Alternatively you can get it for like $30 on CD key sites online but YMMV.

Shifty76

Huh, hit 3 treasure realms in the last 2 days so crafted up every single marquise gem in my collection to Flawless Imperial ready for rerolls if I ever get a RoRG with natural crit. Took about an hour :/

Changed the look of my monk too:

nB8hqkM.jpg

Jrmint

Huh, hit 3 treasure realms in the last 2 days so crafted up every single marquise gem in my collection to Flawless Imperial ready for rerolls if I ever get a RoRG with natural crit. Took about an hour :/

Changed the look of my monk too:

nB8hqkM.jpg
Looks nice. I really like the look of the female monk. Much better than the male I think.

Related - What's the best baseline lightning monk build without any sets?

Shifty76

Probably WotHF HoL or FoF, CS or LTK, Fire Ally, Mantra as required, DS and whatever utility skill you like. Harmony, ias passive, then whatever two fit your need.

Dahbomb

Related - What's the best baseline lightning monk build without any sets?
Probably just the standard Lightning cookie cutter with some extra goodies.

Sweeping Wind - Cyclone
Way of Hundred Fist - Fist of Lightning or Fist of Thunder
Mystic Ally - Fire Ally (combined with Crudest Boots for the 20% damage boost)
Spirit Spender you want LTK or Wall of Light Lightning runes. Probably want a Cyclone Strike in there as well for the crowd control.
Epiphany - Desert Shroud
Mantra of Healing - Time of Need or Salvation - Agility
Dashing Strike - Quicksilver or the fire rune that gives you attack speed

Passives: Alacrity, STI, 6th Sense and Relentless if you have the crowd control, otherwise Harmony for the extra defense.

I actually kinda like Lightning Exploding Palm as well, it gives you two Palms for the price of one and helps in clearing trash mobs. SSS Sudden Assault not a bad utility skill to have on the skill bar to add some damage especially to single targets.

Weapons you can use double proc with Odyn Son/TF/Shard of Hate. WKL not a bad option either.

Wreath of Lightning gem, Gogok of Swiftness and Bane of Powerful/Pain Enhancer. for your gems.

Legendaries I would use (no class sets here):

Weapons: Odyn Son/TF/Thunderfury/WKL
Boots: Crudest Boots
Pants: Depth Diggers
Belt: Witching Hour, Thundergod Vigor or Blackthorne Belt
Rings: SOJ/Unity/RoRG (the classic)
Helm: Andariels Lightning or Eye of the Storm
Amulet: Eye of Etlich, Blackthorne Amulet, Hellfire Amulet
Chest: Aughilds
Bracers: Aughilds
Gloves: Asheara
Shoulders: Asheara

If you manage to get a Lacuni Prowler with Lightning damage I would use that, replace Asheara shoulder with Aughilds shoulders and use Gloves of Worship. You can still use Asheara but you would have to drop Depth Diggers and/or Crudest Boots and both of them are significant DPS sources you don't want to give out on. Other good Bracer options are Ancient Parthan Defenders and Strongarm Bracers with the appropriate skills.

This is obviously not an optimum set up but that's all you can reasonably expect from this build. It's just a baseline Monk build, not top end. For a baseline it gets the job done some what.

Need some help from the expert DHs here. Which weapon should I be using? IAS on the Buriza doesn't matter since I can't hit the next highest breakpoint right? I want to say Hellrack but I'm not sure how important the piercing bonus is on the Buriza.

GwaiVSE.png

Dahbomb

Not sure why you used Ramalindi gift on two Buriza's. Second one should've been used on the Hellrack.

I prefer the Hellrack over the Buriza, root is pretty useful. But in that situation you have a Buriza with a bunch of Vitality that I would use instead. The attack speed is not relevant unless you can achieve the next highest breakpoint.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hey guys... with patch 2.1... Barbarian or Monk? I want to play a melee character but when i tried both of them prior to 2.1, i found them not as fun and powerful as wizards back then. How are they now?

Not sure why you used Ramalindi gift on two Buriza's. Second one should've been used on the Hellrack.

I prefer the Hellrack over the Buriza, root is pretty useful. But in that situation you have a Buriza with a bunch of Vitality that I would use instead. The attack speed is not relevant unless you can achieve the next highest breakpoint.

OK thanks that's what I thought. Just wasn't sure how much synergy the piercing had with frost arrows on the sentries. I only used a gift on the attack speed Buriza to play around with since I have 5 of them. The Hellrack was from before 2.1 so it was rolled already.

ZenaxPure

Hey guys... with patch 2.1... Barbarian or Monk? I want to play a melee character but when i tried both of them prior to 2.1, i found them not as fun and powerful as wizards back then. How are they now?

Well I mean, fun is a pretty subjective thing as I'd consider both barb and monk more fun to play than wizard before 2.1 (ignoring raiment spec but I feel like that should be obvious), but, all 3 of those classes are pretty much on par in terms of power if you're looking at greater rift ranks. Monk lagging slightly behind but it's a ridiculously tiny gap barely worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom