• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

Does luck always change, Kadala? Are you sure? Are you 100%?

SHOW ME THE RECEIPTS

After you have paid for her beach house and she is able to settle down, then she might throw you a bone and give you something you want.

Think I spent almost 3000 shard on quivers before I got the Bombadier's Rucksack.

Any DHs have suggestions on what I should upgrade on this?
EkxTR0O.png

In the DH channel someone said VIT to %Elite dmg, but I'm not sure if that is really the best idea.

If you are mostly playing alone, Vit might be more useful to you to stay alive. But elite damage is pretty good to have a lot of too.

Requested to join the GAF Community and the NeoGAF clan. Tag is MisterCrow#1549. Looking to play with some peeps and also compete on them Clan leaderboards!

Celegus

In the DH channel someone said VIT to %Elite dmg, but I'm not sure if that is really the best idea.

Vit is the only thing that you'd possibly want to change, so probably reroll that. Go for elite if you can stand the hit on life, or just a higher vit.

garath

EkxTR0O.png

That's a pretty awesome rucksack. Honestly I'd want to keep every single stat. If you're hungry to reroll something though the Dex and Vit are kinda low. Go for higher on one of those. Probably the dex. More deeps.

That's a pretty awesome rucksack. Honestly I'd want to keep every single stat. If you're hungry to reroll something though the Dex and Vit are kinda low. Go for higher on one of those. Probably the dex. More deeps.

Damn you guys! Now I will just have to sit on it for a few more weeks trying to decide what to do. :)

It is fine the way it is, so maybe it's best to wait anyways. Knowing Blizz they will change something requiring me to reroll it anyways.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
mip9CGT.png

Spreadsheet has been updated with those who were removed (with apologies).

Battletag names follow.

Due to inactivity:
AntiqueGamer
Azulsky
DSmalls84
garath
Gray
HardDrive
Instro
jessecuster
Jigsaw
Klaber
Lucifarius
magred14
Omnicent
Poacher
prodystopian
RDreamer
Renz

Mostly inactive and couldn't verify membership - post if you're here!
dingus
GruntOAction
Invictus
k4rL01
NeckFace
Nye
ShiftyChef
ZimVC

This means some spots have opened up. We're working through the community first. I've sent friend requests to the top paragon community members to fill half the spots. Figuring out how to approach the remainder so it's fair to new-but-active people.

garath

mip9CGT.png

Spreadsheet has been updated with those who were removed (with apologies).

Battletag names follow.

Due to inactivity:
AntiqueGamer
Azulsky
DSmalls84
garath
Gray
HardDrive
Instro
jessecuster
Jigsaw
Klaber
Lucifarius
magred14
Omnicent
Poacher
prodystopian
RDreamer
Renz

Mostly inactive and couldn't verify membership - post if you're here!
dingus
GruntOAction
Invictus
k4rL01
NeckFace
Nye
ShiftyChef
ZimVC

This means some spots have opened up. We're working through the community first.

:( But I'm ramping back up! :p

It's ok.. I understand. I'll miss the GAF drop in pickup groups though :(

garath

Sorry! I'll send a friend request in the mean time. Working on getting a viable overflow clan going so people will have a spot.

It's all good. With a new baby, only so much playtime and D3 took so long to get 2.1 out that I lost a lot of motivation to play.

I used to play every day for a couple hours at least, not anymore. Certainly got my worth out of the game and had great fun with the clan.

Raide

Playing around with a Season 1 Crusader. Damn bombing out of the sy to explode things is hella fun!

Lvl 34 and even though the first few levels felt off, the Crusader is damn fun once you gear up.

StMeph

Getting close to that line.

Pretty much all of my gear is one affix away from being BIS, so hunting down ANY upgrade is ridiculously difficult because it basically has to be 1 affix reroll away from being perfect. That combined with how painful and tedious Hellfire farming is really has me wondering what I am doing on my Crusader now.

joesmokey

Pretty much all of my gear is one affix away from being BIS, so hunting down ANY upgrade is ridiculously difficult because it basically has to be 1 affix reroll away from being perfect. That combined with how painful and tedious Hellfire farming is really has me wondering what I am doing on my Crusader now.
Time to jump to seasons :).

Celegus

Can you link your profile? Curious what your setup is.

Friday Classes done !!! ^_^

back from school

now to do bounties..try out GR's and pray for Kadala to give me one firebird ;_;

also....i have never seen a goblin realm yet :O

edit:

if anyone wanna do rift runs or act 1 bounties t1

hit me up ^_^ we'll do splits

AldzDrakul#1229

SMgamer83

So I got my Seasons character to 70 (20)...and I realized I had really no motivation to do anything else. Other than hitting 70, there is no real drive to participate in Seasons. I think it would have really helped if some of their tougher season achievements (like Malth on T6) had some exclusive rewards that really motivated me to go for them.

As it stands right now, I can't think of a great reason to continue a seasonal character, so I went back to my main.

Dahbomb

I think it would have really helped if some of their tougher season achievements (like Malth on T6) had some exclusive rewards that really motivated me to go for them.
Exclusive Season rewards = Normal mode only players complaining about Season players getting exclusive rewards.

StMeph

Can you link your profile? Curious what your setup is.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Somnambulic-1143/hero/47510737

Tracking down a Vigilante belt, but aside from that, a better FotF would be the biggest improvement. Next would be a new SOJ with better rolls. Basically everything else is a nitpicky affix upgrade.

Edit: the only thing that really changes is the Law. I use Valor-Unstoppable Force for normal T6 rifts, and switch to Hope-Stop Time in GR30+

SMgamer83

Exclusive Season rewards = Normal mode only players complaining about Season players getting exclusive rewards.

It's really a shame. Love the idea of seasons, but without any real motivation, hard to pull myself away from my already T6 geared character.

joesmokey

It's really a shame. Love the idea of seasons, but without any real motivation, hard to pull myself away from my already T6 geared character.
I only need one or two 'perfect' items on my main to have the best. I use seasons as an excuse to look for more gear while at the same time still look for those perfect items. Looking only for the perfect items is way too much of a drag and why I stopped playing. Having gems and GR definitely make things a bit different in that regards though.

SMgamer83

I only need one or two 'perfect' items on my main to have the best. I use seasons as an excuse to look for more gear while at the same time still look for those perfect items. Looking only for the perfect items is way too much of a drag and why I stopped playing.

I'd agree, but it's SOOO much more efficient on my main. Also, leveling up the gems and now trying to find a neck to socket has given me something new to do.

I think my mistake was choosing the class my main is. Next season I'll pick a class I don't already have a 70 of.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mortdog-1284/hero/1951269

joesmokey

I'd agree, but it's SOOO much more efficient on my main.
I thought this too, but then I can already farm T6 again on seasons and am still finding it fun. I'm probably pretty lucky with drops, but it still doesn't take too much effort with the new drop rates.

Bombless

I'd agree, but it's SOOO much more efficient on my main. Also, leveling up the gems and now trying to find a neck to socket has given me something new to do.

I think my mistake was choosing the class my main is. Next season I'll pick a class I don't already have a 70 of.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mortdog-1284/hero/1951269

That is what I have done. I had a crusader around 47 or so in Normal so I just started one over. I suspect going DH again would had curbed my enthusiasm quite a bit. Also, since I've only reached the cap with the huntress, I still have plenty of options for either later seasons or just a 2nd S1 char.

Speaking of my crusader, I picked a decent Scourge up shortly before logging off, which made me switch to a more proactive build with Fist of the Heavens. I'm having a hard time using any other primary than Smite due to it's ease of use (I guess I'm lazy haha) but given the proc on the sword, staying at range is dumb. Since I'm back to using Zealous Glare for Wrath generation, I might as well switch Lord Commander for Towering Shield and use Punish rather than Slash, the Illusory Boots make reaching targets not a problem at all.

Crusader can be a downright bore if you aren't getting any drops, but the number of different playstyles these items open up is great.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Hah 200 paragon requirement. I played 500 hours and haven't even hit that. I think I'm at 180

(Not that I'm looking to join anyway since I'm in one with wow guild)

joesmokey

Hah 200 paragon requirement. I played 500 hours and haven't even hit that. I think I'm at 180
Again, we've already discussed how it was just an example requirement. However, it depends how much of that time is skewed towards when paragon points were made available and how much you play a max level character. I'd say probably 50-75 hours tops with your level.

Xyber

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Somnambulic-1143/hero/47510737

Tracking down a Vigilante belt, but aside from that, a better FotF would be the biggest improvement. Next would be a new SOJ with better rolls. Basically everything else is a nitpicky affix upgrade.

Edit: the only thing that really changes is the Law. I use Valor-Unstoppable Force for normal T6 rifts, and switch to Hope-Stop Time in GR30+

Got 3 of them today in my hunt for a blackthorne belt..

Also finally dropped a new SoJ for me, of course it rolled great stats if I was using a fire build. Absolutely useless for my cold build since I want a socket. =/ Back to playing another 100 hours for the next one to drop!

ZenaxPure

For me I am playing the same class but going for a different build. This approach works well for me because it frees me of the typical endgame thought process. Technically I could be playing this build right now on my non-season barbarian, but, it seems like a waste. For every blood shard I spend on trying to get better pieces for this build I could spend those on items I use for my main build (as it's not like I hate the build I am running in non-season, in fact I quite like it). Being in seasons leaves me with no other choice, which is great.

This way I get to focus on this new build while doing the seasonal stuff like conquests/season only achievements and getting the new legendaries.

Speaking of which, it's going to be hard to play without Krelm bracers when I go to another character. Being immune to stuns, knockbacks and vortex (as it counts as a knockback I guess) just from a bracer slot is op.

Ketch

I am addicted to greater rifts! man they are so awesome, and tense on HC. Going through the trial rifts on HC is nuts.... it's like clear a wave no problem, clear a wave, clear a wave, clear a wave, DONT DIE!

My monk is becoming increasingly invincible. I got the staggered damage gem now and between that, two heals plus potions, the monk cheat death passive, and the skeleton king shoulder pads, I'm pretty secure.

Now I just need to up my DPS, I'm just under 400k. But i'm in all legendaries now.... I think my next goal is to reroll my weapon until it gets a socket.

Firemind

I am addicted to greater rifts! man they are so awesome, and tense on HC. Going through the trial rifts on HC is nuts.... it's like clear a wave no problem, clear a wave, clear a wave, clear a wave, DONT DIE!
I have no idea how I'm going to get lvl. 25 on my gems. I'm already shitting myself in lvl. 10+ GRs. Lvl. 25 is the equivalent of T6. Fuck that shit.

Xyber

I have no idea how I'm going to get lvl. 25 on my gems. I'm already shitting myself in lvl. 10+ GRs. Lvl. 25 is the equivalent of T6. Fuck that shit.

Both me and my friends have managed to gear up for T6 in just about a week. Just focus on a good build and you'll get there pretty fast with the crazy drop rate on legendary/set items we have now.

You can make a lot of good stuff with pretty much any full set now that will be able to finish a 20-25 rift pretty easy.

eek5

I think it's because it's way more likely to get lucky on waves and clear them in time, but not ACTUALLY be geared enough to clear the rift at that level. The first time I did trials with a friend, we got a rank 21 greater rift and barely managed to clear it in time. If we had gotten a 26 there was no way we were going to finish it.

It's mostly because it skips waves based on the speed you clear them. So if you clear the first 3-4 really fast then pop some CDs and clear the 5th really fast you're in the mid-high 20's already. The trials favor specific builds too so single target builds are very bad at them. My poison dart WD has trouble getting 20+ sometimes but my DH can get high 20+ consistently. I did like 10 trials w/ my pet doctor and got anywhere from 18-26. Pretty stupid system overall.

edit: another thing is the enemies are all different. Some are easier for certian builds than others. One of the ones with the electric guys and mages is annoying because they always run away.

statham

I'm so excited to get mail, I run to the mailbox, only to find lower level weapons... :( When it doesn't say press x to reveal....:(:(

but my last two gifts have been very nice!

neoism

AHH YIISSSS got 2 of the lighting set pieces boots and pants from the shard girl also got the SWK gloves but with out the 4 piece its useless... I'm liking the lighting set waaay more...lovein my monk sooo far
Guess I'm goin lighting monk again lol really hope I get a Lightingfury again....

Dahbomb

Another thing that is flawed about Trials is that you fight no Elites in it. That means that you need to swap out your Elite items before going into Trials to maximize efficiency. It also means an item like Bane of the Powerful is completely useless.

And the Trials are extremely biased towards M6 DH. In normal circumstances you don't have 5 Sentries up at the start of a fight which limits the burst damage of M6. In Trials they will always have 5 Sentries up at the start of a fight which makes it really easy to get to wave 40 even.

Sarcasm

So there are two "sets" for WD in seasons..one is jade (soul harvest) other is I don't know.

Don't know which to go for but...I can't tell what pieces are for what slots when I try to find them on the internet..jade harveter's swiftness is that chest or something?

Getting tired of everything I get giving me red in damage. Even the RRoG I got is over 10% reduction in DPS. I know use it for -1 in set but I don't even know what set to get nor what pieces slots I need to gamble for lol

ZenaxPure

So there are two "sets" for WD in seasons..one is jade (soul harvest) other is I don't know.

It's like I said last time, there are no season class sets. Witch Doctor has 3 sets and all of them are just part of the normal game. Jade and Zuni are two of them, both pretty useful, Helltooth is the last and it's just garbage that they said they aren't fixing until they fix wall of zombies as a skill.

Sarcasm

So just ignore using soul harvest since that is the the 4 or 6 set bonus piece? Its a set. Since you need x pieces of the set to get bonus'. But than if I don't use SH why get the pieces...

Radec

Got lucky last night with getting 4 mara pieces and rrog. Now give me that helm and racksack kadala!

So just ignore using soul harvest since that is the the 4 or 6 set bonus piece? Its a set. Since you need x pieces of the set to get bonus'. But than if I don't use SH why get the pieces...

Use pet build first while gathering the jade sets and the quetz helm.

Then if you can find a starmetal kukri knife then you can just stay on pets since thats abit better and relax gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom