• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Did about 40 machines tonight, made 6 amulets and didn't get a single usable one, bah!

Gothos

Damn, those Phalanx archers hit HARD :) Anyway, I'm quite happy with my Crusader setup right now. Just started Torment with 3 legendaries (amulet, ring, shoulder) with that: Slash (Crush) + Sweep (Blazing Sweep), Heaven's Fury, Steed Charge, Falling Sword, Phalanx. The only thing that doens't fit me here is Falling Sword but I have no clear idea what could replace it.... Any recommendation? :p

JayHayabusa

Choices Choices!

Guess each of my first 2 Hellfire crafts will have to do depending on the situation!
No clear better one. What do you think DHGAF?

Both are great. Really good rolls. I only hope mine can be that good when I finally start making them.

It was great gaming with you last night. Apologies for not telling that I was using unity. Lol. Lotsa hugging the floor for both of us.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Getting disconnected in a Greater Rift right after beating the rift guardian really blows. Didn't have time to get my upgraded greater rift thingy, and so now I have to start all over.

JayHayabusa

are you using any cold skills? or would you like to use any?

I am an m6 cold sentry dh. Got 20% cold on bracers and 17% on Etrayu. So at first glance the amulet with cold is better, but the second one has a better passive. So it will depend on the situation and rift level i guess.

HAhkbsfdsfiffe9u2r9r23bge0n n23hb4 4n0m-o3

ufWHCdO.jpg

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I am an m6 cold sentry dh. Got 20% cold on bracers and 17% on Etrayu. So at first glance the amulet with cold is better, but the second one has a better passive. So it will depend on the situation and rift level i guess.

idk about the passives, but 14% crit damage for 20% more cold... i'd probably go with the crit damage unless you have low base damage for some reason

iirate

I've now managed to collect every piece of gear for Genwuko on my seasonal monk except a daibo worth a damn. Forget Flying Dragon, I've seen one diabo in over 130 paragon, and it was complete trash. Still using the Vengeful Wind and Sledge Fist that I found within two hours of hitting 70, even though I'm pretty easily t6 ready now.

That is a crusader sword that rolled 100% god tier. Do not nuke :(

Save a gift for it, make a baby crusader, and wreck the game.

Unless he really wanted to roll for 1% more CDR, I'd totally reroll secondary for reduced level on that thing. It would be the greatest weapon to have ever graced the low levels of this game.

tn2007

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a crusader but I have been running the stampede build. Is the condemn build better than phalanx stampede build?

Ketch

I wonder how that works with the reduce cooldown for every enemy hit rune... surely it doesn't count the secondary explosions.

StMeph

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a crusader but I have been running the stampede build. Is the condemn build better than phalanx stampede build?

It is, but you need the new Seasonal shield which won't be live for another few months. Still worth keeping, because it is a really good roll.

Xyber

Unless he really wanted to roll for 1% more CDR, I'd totally reroll secondary for reduced level on that thing. It would be the greatest weapon to have ever graced the low levels of this game.

What, that's like throwing a perfectly good weapon away. Sure, you will wreck shit at lvl 55 or whatever the roll could be. But it's then completely worthless on lvl 70 (well, not really)... Roll for even better stats!

Who cares about doing good below lvl 70, you level so fast now anyway. :p

Rokam

Found a Ramaladni's Gift... have no weapons to use it on as both weapons I'm using I rerolled damage on. Now to wait for another Shard of Hate or TF to drop :(.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
HAhkbsfdsfiffe9u2r9r23bge0n n23hb4 4n0m-o3

ufWHCdO.jpg

I don't like you. Seriously though I've seen one pair which I'm using and they're very average, I have put unspeakable amounts of Blood Shards into gloves for a better pair with no luck at all.

MrDaravon

I'm going to need to hit up that M6 breakpoint calculator tomorrow. Just before getting off tonight I found a very nice Buriza (rolled up to something like 1450 range base damage, +9% Damage, ~740 dex, Vit, and 2 pierce). I've got a gift I could use on it, but it would drop me down to the 1.45 sentry breakpoint, I'm currently at the 1.74 breakpoint using a 2h Bow. IIRC the difference between the two is the 1.74 breakpoint gets me I think twice as many Impales with the same amount of MS and CA shots, so I'll need to see if it's worth the trade-off. Even with max Para points in Attack Speed and rolling Attack Speed in place of the Vit on the Buriza I still wouldn't hit 1.74, so that's not an option there either, and I'm already rocking 7% IAS on my belt and 6% IAS on my second ring slot which I know isn't going to be permanent anyway (still haven't seen a Unity or SoJ in Seasons).

Math is hard :(

I feel kind of stuck as a new crusader. It feels like a waste to optimize for any of the builds that you can run before getting a 6p. I'm using a lightning hammers build but the damage is falling behind starting t4. Am I supposed to just bank my holy shotgun pieces until I get a full set and meanwhile make a fire set or something? The progression ramp doesn't really make sense to me, since there is such a huge gap between the playstyles of having the set or not.

I finally hit LV 70 in Seasonal mode (and Paragon LV 6). I got the Pink'd achievement, and I'm working towards I Just Blue Myself (working on the Act 4 bosses through story mode). It's a pain, because everything needs Mariner's Dye, and then I find a new piece of armor. I just wound up buying in bulk from the merchant in Caldeum.

Also, I found Liquid Rainbow. Adding to Wirt's Bells and those Mushrooms, I'm one step closer to getting to Whimsyshire.

Ayumi

Got another Shard of Hate dropping on me and I thought "Hey, this is good, now I have two!". ...Then I opened my inventory and the other SoH was gone. I must've mistakenly salvaged it. :(

Thankfully for me, I don't even play a class I need it for.. But I had saved it for another occassion. At least I still have the new, shall I ever need it.

Baliis

We'll see how short-lived this is. Got wrecked in GR32 though.

I'm more amazed that I'm 7th since I've done literally one greater rift on my crusader.

Got 3 mara pieces on my seasons DH tonight so I'm pretty happy. Should be able to take T3 pretty easy now.

Tarazet

I feel it is now mandatory to get perma AC for greater rifts. I have it perma right now with the use of Leoric's Crown if you want to take a look:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Parallacs-1900/hero/44932419

I can clear 33s comfortably solo and have almost cleared 34s several times.

I would personally use any FOTF for Holy Shotgun instead of using the BOP. You can't effectively use BOP without the Season shield and Hellskull is great for using the Fate.

If you want some gear advice:
Get those shoulders up to 8% cdr
Get crit on Leoric's Crown (and put a max level Diamond in there)
Craft a pair of reapers with 20% holy and 6% crit
That belt is doing nothing for you in greater rifts. Get a Vigilante belt for 8% CDR
Socket a Mirinae
Try to get dual unity rings for solo if you haven't already

I got a Vigilante, managed to get dual Unity, got a RORG with a socket and did some rerolling. I still need to get some more CDR, but I would hate to give up that 6% crit I managed to roll on it. Maybe a better Leoric's Crown would do the job.

It's still kind of surprising how close I managed to get to the ideal considering it's a seasonal character and I haven't even put in 200 paragon levels. I even managed to get a FotF with an extra damage roll on it.. that's like a unicorn.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tarazet-1231/hero/51784409

Tarazet

I feel kind of stuck as a new crusader. It feels like a waste to optimize for any of the builds that you can run before getting a 6p. I'm using a lightning hammers build but the damage is falling behind starting t4. Am I supposed to just bank my holy shotgun pieces until I get a full set and meanwhile make a fire set or something? The progression ramp doesn't really make sense to me, since there is such a huge gap between the playstyles of having the set or not.

That's exactly what I did, until I was able to use 6p Akkhan. I even used a Cindercoat with Roland's 4-piece and a Piro Marella for a while, which I think is more fun than the shotgun spec but not really viable damage-wise.

cdyhybrid

Any advice on what to run before I get 6p Firebird? Currently have 4 pieces and running a Disintegrate + Black Hole fire build with a Devastator and Firebird's source.

That's exactly what I did, until I was able to use 6p Akkhan. I even used a Cindercoat with Roland's 4-piece and a Piro Marella for a while, which I think is more fun than the shotgun spec but not really viable damage-wise.

Yeah. I started putting together a fire set and it's going a lot better. It seems strange to focus on a play-style that is totally different than the one I will use in the endgame, but I guess that's just the nature of the game.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Is this sword any good? I don't play barb and I was thinking about just getting a soul for it.
CPzcs80.png

fuck youuuuuuuuuuu

I can play the rest of my life and never find this with rolls like these :(

I got one the other day, no strength, no socket, garbage rolls. So jealous.

StMeph

I'm more amazed that I'm 7th since I've done literally one greater rift on my crusader.

Got 3 mara pieces on my seasons DH tonight so I'm pretty happy. Should be able to take T3 pretty easy now.

Yeah, Crusaders are lagging behind. Wrath starvation is a problem for me though.

Updated:

2 player with SaxRussel:

3 player with SaxRussel and MercViper:

Need to find a 4th player... and somehow do GR41.

JayHayabusa

Yeah, Crusaders are lagging behind. Wrath starvation is a problem for me though.

Updated:

2 player with SaxRussel:

3 player with SaxRussel and MercViper:

Need to find a 4th player... and somehow do GR41.

Im down. Currently at work (just got in really) but I ll be able to play in 10 hours. Im in a different timezone. EDT + 6 hours.

JayHayabusa

Both are great. Really good rolls. I only hope mine can be that good when I finally start making them.

It was great gaming with you last night. Apologies for not telling that I was using unity. Lol. Lotsa hugging the floor for both of us.

Yep :) next time we'll try and coordinate better before jumping in. We should've destroyed grift 32, but I kept on dying upon revival since I had unity on and went in without any real toughness thinking level 32 is real easy (seeing what I been doing solo and in other groups)

We ll be better next time :)

The topaz shortage, especially as an intellect user, is a real problem. :/

Got two new great RoRGs and I can't use one yet cause I ran out of gems to roll for a socket.

The topaz shortage, especially as an intellect user, is a real problem. :/

Got two new great RoRGs and I can't use one yet cause I ran out of gems to roll for a socket.

Urgh...I hear ya. I'm running out of topaz too. if there was a way to convert a gem 2 to 1, I'd totally do it with all those spare gems.

Its a craft item it doesn't drop, the highest that drops is Imperials.
wut...... ;___; is that so...damnnn

sheesh....i need to focus on getting some builds now for t2 and t6 ^_^

i want that furnace ;_; and finally got my RoRG..but tempting to just fully wear the full firebird...get furnace..stone of jordan and unity ...and i'm good...kinda struggling a bit still....i have like one million blackthorne green drops ...giff me some other green DIABLO GODSSSS

wut...... ;___; is that so...damnnn

sheesh....i need to focus on getting some builds now for t2 and t6 ^_^

i want that furnace ;_; and finally got my RoRG..but tempting to just fully wear the full firebird...get furnace..stone of jordan and unity ...and i'm good...kinda struggling a bit still....i have like one million blackthorne green drops ...giff me some other green DIABLO GODSSSS

Can you link your profile?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Any advice on what to run before I get 6p Firebird? Currently have 4 pieces and running a Disintegrate + Black Hole fire build with a Devastator and Firebird's source.

If you can stack fire damage you can try out the fire mirror hydra build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haus-lPFmzA

I have +86% fire dmg using fire legendaries: Cindercoat, Magefist, Maximus, Stone of Jordan and Mara's Kaleidoscope with +fire dmg (though as you can see right now I'm using a decent Ouroboros I just dropped yesterday). Here's my gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beru-1678/hero/12308663

The good about this build:
- Fairly easy to gear for; you don't need Firebird, and if you don't have many legs, just reroll fire dmg on rares
- Really fun (complete mayhem on screen, covers a huge area)
- Melts down mobs

The negative:
- Squishy time: I die easily on T4
- Unreliable zoning because of fire twisters
- You'll run out of AP all the time if you're not careful. That is because...

Can be a negative or positive:
- Requires lots of moving around
- It's a very active/engaging playstyle. It requires a lot of concentration because of constant AP depletion, on-screen clutter and cooldown-based skills. Twisters deplete your AP in no time and move all over the place, Mammoth Hydra is hard to see because of all the fire everywhere, and Black Hole, Mirror Images and Frost Nova all have cooldowns and need to be used with the right timing.

Personally I love the build, especially in multiplayer, but I suck at it. I suck at managing my skills. I cast hydras too often, never know when to cast Frost Nova, I forget to cast Mirror Image, I constantly run out of AP - that's WITH Cindercoat - and I die.

Again, you should give it a try, it's a completely different playstyle from the cookie cutter builds (including older builds like Tal Rasha and frozen orb). It makes the wizard fresh.

Maledict

Does anyone have a summary of how the firebird 6 piece works? I keep seeing comments about different skills lowering or raising the damage the final dot which I don't understand at all - surely skill damage just affects how fast you can reach that magic 3000% limit?

Is this sword any good? I don't play barb and I was thinking about just getting a soul for it.
CPzcs80.png

All the top barbs are using Maximus these days. Don't know what to tell you bro

I found a really nice SOJ but rolling for a socket has been a nightmare so far. This is what it looks like now. Should I just stop thinking about it? Especially with the dearth of souls and gems in Season I run straight to the Enchanter as soon as I've got enough for a roll and nothing.

fOEDc8Y.png

Firemind

All the top barbs are using Maximus these days. Don't know what to tell you bro

I found a really nice SOJ but rolling for a socket has been a nightmare so far. This is what it looks like now. Should I just stop thinking about it? Especially with the dearth of souls and gems in Season I run straight to the Enchanter as soon as I've got enough for a roll and nothing.

fOEDc8Y.png

Oh wow. That's a nice SOJ, sir. Keep rolling. You'll get it eventually.

If you can stack fire damage you can try out the fire mirror hydra build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haus-lPFmzA

I have +86% fire dmg using fire legendaries: Cindercoat, Magefist, Maximus, Stone of Jordan and Mara's Kaleidoscope with +fire dmg (though as you can see right now I'm using a decent Ouroboros I just dropped yesterday). Here's my gear: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Beru-1678/hero/12308663

The good about this build:
- Fairly easy to gear for; you don't need Firebird, and if you don't have many legs, just reroll fire dmg on rares
- Really fun (complete mayhem on screen, covers a huge area)
- Melts down mobs

The negative:
- Squishy time: I die easily on T4
- Unreliable zoning because of fire twisters
- You'll run out of AP all the time if you're not careful. That is because...

Can be a negative or positive:
- Requires lots of moving around
- It's a very active/engaging playstyle. It requires a lot of concentration because of constant AP depletion, on-screen clutter and cooldown-based skills. Twisters deplete your AP in no time and move all over the place, Mammoth Hydra is hard to see because of all the fire everywhere, and Black Hole, Mirror Images and Frost Nova all have cooldowns and need to be used with the right timing.

Personally I love the build, especially in multiplayer, but I suck at it. I suck at managing my skills. I cast hydras too often, never know when to cast Frost Nova, I forget to cast Mirror Image, I constantly run out of AP - that's WITH Cindercoat - and I die.

Again, you should give it a try, it's a completely different playstyle from the cookie cutter builds (including older builds like Tal Rasha and frozen orb). It makes the wizard fresh.

Yeah, the Energy Twisters deplete AP very quickly, especially if you put it on your left mouse and accidentally cast it like I do. I don't think the build is very active though apart from the resource management. All you're doing is moving around casting Hydras. Blizzards and Twisters and let them tick away health.

I picked up a Light of Grace a few days ago and I much prefer this playstyle. Mobs just melt on T1 (playing on HC), since Black Ice does an insane amount of damage. I'm also using Frost Hydra with the Magistrate, which gives me an extra skill slot, basically. I often position myself in such a way so that the Frost Novas keep the mobs stationed and Black Ice can rack up the damage. I also use Black Hole with the cold rune for the cc and to maximize damage.

Just need to find an Azurewrath. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom