• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I see your build? I got two of those and some unrolled Firebirds items I've been saving up~

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CarbonFalcon-1838/hero/51775287

It's not really geared to make the most out of the Maximus yet. And I tweak some of the skills depending on the torment level. More defensive stuff at a loss of a couple hundred thousand damage for T4/5 or higher grifts where not dying is a priority, compared to what I logged out in which is more for T3 or below. Firebird helm is sitting in my stash at the moment since it's just okay, but needed for the 6-piece.

I'm sure there's more efficient builds, but it's just what I ended up gravitating towards this season.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CarbonFalcon-1838/hero/51775287

It's not really geared to make the most out of the Maximus yet. And I tweak some of the skills depending on the torment level. More defensive stuff at a loss of a couple hundred thousand damage for T4/5 or higher grifts where not dying is a priority, compared to what I logged out in which is more for T3 or below. Firebird helm is sitting in my stash at the moment since it's just okay, but needed for the 6-piece.

I'm sure there's more efficient builds, but it's just what I ended up gravitating towards this season.

how are u guys getting firebirds ;_;

kadala isn't even giving one ....so rng :(

Ayumi

Well.. I've played this game on and off since launch, and didn't really see any Firebird items until the last month or two. They are random drops as well though, not just Kadala. Either way, to me, they seem to become more and more common lately.. so you never know when it's your turn.

With Diablo 3, you really just have to be patient. There's no way to play this game if you aren't. Things take time, that's why it s/is/can be/ fun.

Maledict

The changes to the set bonus are, yes. They also upped the drop rate considerably so you will find pieces of it if you play regularly fairly fast. I've found more pieces of firebirds in the last week than I have of firebirds + tal rasha's since the expansion pack was released.

The only thing that isn't retroactive is where they have changed the guaranteed rolls on the pieces. For example, the shoulders used to always role with + Black Hole Damage (which is terrible), and now that isn't there so any new pieces will roll without it whereas old pieces still have it on.

Addnan

Are the different types of gem drops based on what class you are or are certain gems just slower to drop than others. Everything other than emerald seems to fall from the sky limitless.

Celegus

After getting brutalized on a GR32, I switched back to my Akkhan set again for better survivability and made up a ridiculously fun Space Marine build (and transmogged everything to look like a Spehs Muhreen, naturally). Got my Shaefer's "Thunder Hammer" and my Falling Sword "jump jets", and become a prophet of the Emperor with AC.

But really, it's just super super fun. Wreath of Lightning, Shaefer's AoE, Thundergod's, and Fissures everywhere is madness. Check it out! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Celegus-1599/hero/44671967

garath

GR 25 = Torment VI

If you can clear Torment 6 within 15 minutes then you can do GR 25.

Oh yeah. That's for sure.

I'm still trying to understand the GR mechanics though. I did the endless wave thing for awhile before getting bored and tanking it on wave 12 or something. Endless waves are really easy with a Maurader build. It gave me a GR 25 token. I did that but I was running out of time so again purposefully let the timer run out before getting all the elites (literally afk'd for about 8 min lol) and got a couple gems.

Was that an actual GR 25 or was it just some other weird thing. I should be playing a bit this weekend. Going to give it another try.

It's unfortunate Blizzard has neglected the clan tools so much. The best part about being in the GAF clan was the random people that would just join my games and before you know it, we'd have a full group tearing up T6 rifts for an hour+. Can't really do that with the community tools to my knowledge. Though we should still be able to ask for groups at least.

Maledict

The endless waves don't correspond to Greater Rift levels for some weird reason. It's something like trial wave 25 gives you a level 20 Greater Rift token.

Celegus

The endless waves don't correspond to Greater Rift levels for some weird reason. It's something like trial wave 25 gives you a level 20 Greater Rift token.

Seems to be about waves - 5 = GR level, but it would be much easier if they were just equal. Maybe Blizz didn't want people shooting for an exact GR level and made it slightly obtuse? If that were the case, why even display the wave numbers at all? I've found it pretty strange as well.

garath

Weird. I could have SWORN it was a GR 25 token. But who knows.. nights with a baby and 2 hours sleep at a time could have foggied my vision and it might have been 5 lol.

The GR felt like a T5-T6 level rift though. Enemies had plenty of hp and hit hard.

I'll do more and make sure I'm hitting 25 though :)

Is that recorded anywhere on your profile? They really need to do another battle.net profile pass. I'd love to see this stuff there.

Some of the greater rifts have a really crap density that makes it hard to finish on time.

And Kadala pls, giev gloves.

Got another Vyr's set today off a normal drop, but I'm still looking for Firebird gloves to take my build to the next level.

Magnus

Getting back into this game for the first time since launch. Just have Vanilla, no RoS.

Bizarre chat window issue, help please!
I seem to have to hit R or some other key to 'activate' the chat window before my mouse-scroll works to go back up or down. If I move the cursor off the chat pane, everything but the text fades, and moving the cursor back onto it doesn't do anything. I have to hit R again or some other chat command. Really annoying.

Is there any way I can make this function the way the chat window in WoW does, and have it scrollable every time I move my mouse over it?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Got 4p Roland last night, now I just need the fucking piro marella plan to drop so I can start spamming OP shield bashes.

Frant1ck

After getting brutalized on a GR32, I switched back to my Akkhan set again for better survivability and made up a ridiculously fun Space Marine build (and transmogged everything to look like a Spehs Muhreen, naturally). Got my Shaefer's "Thunder Hammer" and my Falling Sword "jump jets", and become a prophet of the Emperor with AC.

But really, it's just super super fun. Wreath of Lightning, Shaefer's AoE, Thundergod's, and Fissures everywhere is madness. Check it out! http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Celegus-1599/hero/44671967

That does look fun!

Need pic of said space marine.

iirate

Some of the greater rifts have a really crap density that makes it hard to finish on time.

And Kadala pls, giev gloves.

Got another Vyr's set today off a normal drop, but I'm still looking for Firebird gloves to take my build to the next level.

A friend and I finished our rank 20 rift last night with less than a second on the timer, mostly due to density issues. We took our 21 keystones and finished that rift with over 3 minutes left.

Sarcasm

So, what's the best way to farm for set pieces now? GRifts? Trying to get the rest of my Raekor's set for my barb.

Depends on the build you want to do.

Well on wiki its either soul harvest or some zombie thing which I use neither of -.- (its not zombie dogs).

Unless I am at the wrong wiki.

Celegus

That does look fun!

Need pic of said space marine.
Can do when I get home from work. Very excited to try it out in GRifts, but it does clean up T6 bounties very fast. I went with Ultramarine colors, since there's a shield and armor that goes really well with that theme. Looks nice with all the lightning too. I've always been partial to Imperial Fists, but that doesn't work very well in Diablo.

So, what's the best way to farm for set pieces now? GRifts? Trying to get the rest of my Raekor's set for my barb.

I'd say regular T6 rifts. GRifts are good for upgrading gems if you still need to do that, but I always get more legendaries and shards in a shorter amount of time from standard rifts.

Definitely regular rifts. Armor slots are cheap to gamble and the shards per time spent in regular rifts is much higher than any alternative.

Have they nerfed Kadala? Not a single legendary in 2000 shards.

RNG going to RNG, sadly. I've had good runs and bad runs with her, even just over the last 24 hours. 10 minutes ago I got a Magefist and a set gloves with 120 shards, but I've had really bad streaks, especially when rolling rings and 1handers since they cost more.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Have they nerfed Kadala? Not a single legendary in 2000 shards.

IceMarker

Finally! I'm the second person in clan to get the Living Dangerously conquest for the season. HUZZAH!

Uhrxb8F.jpg

Congrats!

I thought maybe you guys could try to seperate the clans into SC and HC, but sounds like US GAF isn't too keen on HC. :lol

I would be but even in my urban area I have one service provider and they lag spike hard enough that I'd have to play on really conservative settings, i.e. I could never grift past 28 or so.

joesmokey

Play whatever you can farm the fastest and just keep targeting item slots.

On my seasons' char I already have 4x Firebird's Legs, 3x Chest, 4x Vyr's boots. The only thing I'm missing is Firebird Boots, Tal Rasha Ammy, and Vyr's Chest (which is meh now anyway). This is only with ~35 hours played. Drop rate is really insane right now.

Play whatever you can farm the fastest and just keep targeting item slots.

On my seasons' char I already have 4x Firebird's Legs, 3x Chest, 4x Vyr's boots. The only thing I'm missing is Firebird Boots, Tal Rasha Ammy, and Vyr's Chest (which is meh now anyway). This is only with ~35 hours played. Drop rate is really insane right now.
Aight

I'll do that later after i get home from my 2 classes for today D:

Talaysen

Seems to be about waves - 5 = GR level, but it would be much easier if they were just equal. Maybe Blizz didn't want people shooting for an exact GR level and made it slightly obtuse? If that were the case, why even display the wave numbers at all? I've found it pretty strange as well.

I think it's because it's way more likely to get lucky on waves and clear them in time, but not ACTUALLY be geared enough to clear the rift at that level. The first time I did trials with a friend, we got a rank 21 greater rift and barely managed to clear it in time. If we had gotten a 26 there was no way we were going to finish it.

Celegus

I think it's because it's way more likely to get lucky on waves and clear them in time, but not ACTUALLY be geared enough to clear the rift at that level. The first time I did trials with a friend, we got a rank 21 greater rift and barely managed to clear it in time. If we had gotten a 26 there was no way we were going to finish it.

Yeah, that happens quite often especially when there's a DH in the party since sentries just eat through the waves. Sure we could kill the wave enemies fast enough to get a GR32, but it's much smarter to stop before then (unless of course you're all DHs). It's just kind of hard to know when to stop and what GR level it'll spit out. If you could just stop on wave 28 and get a level 28 stone, it would be much easier.

Man. The Monk 6 piece set bonus really does suck. Got my fifth piece with Kadala and it's extremely underwhelming, and the visual effect is completely overshadowed by all other lightning effects.

Jubs

The other day she gave me 2 Roland chests one after the other... but not a signle Akkhan chest so far, sadly.

She gave me about 6 roland gloves before finally giving me the akkhan gloves. Working on pants now, and I've gotten 3 Roland pants in about 2000 shards spent. No akkhans for that yet.

Any DHs have suggestions on what I should upgrade on this?
EkxTR0O.png

In the DH channel someone said VIT to %Elite dmg, but I'm not sure if that is really the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom