• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Oh wow. That's a nice SOJ, sir. Keep rolling. You'll get it eventually.

It's very good as is, but not if he wants a socket to put a legendary gem in there. Then he loses all that crit damage. Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, the Energy Twisters deplete AP very quickly, especially if you put it on your left mouse and accidentally cast it like I do. I don't think the build is very active though apart from the resource management. All you're doing is moving around casting Hydras. Blizzards and Twisters and let them tick away health.

Yeah, the big problem with the build I told you about is the skill slots. I put Black Hole on left click and Twisters on right click specifically to avoid what you're talking about. I get easily confused between buttons.

I picked up a Light of Grace a few days ago and I much prefer this playstyle. Mobs just melt on T1 (playing on HC), since Black Ice does an insane amount of damage. I'm also using Frost Hydra with the Magistrate, which gives me an extra skill slot, basically. I often position myself in such a way so that the Frost Novas keep the mobs stationed and Black Ice can rack up the damage. I also use Black Hole with the cold rune for the cc and to maximize damage.

Just need to find an Azurewrath. ^^

Nice. How high can you farm? I hear cold and lightning are useless for high-tier Greater Rifts, and that essentially it's fire or bust, sadly.

Nice. How high can you farm? I hear cold and lightning are useless for high-tier Greater Rifts, and that essentially it's fire or bust, sadly.

Light of Grace + Azure will get you to about GR 22. Maybe 23 with a decent forstburn, cold ammy, Buff Bracer (to stop knockbacks which reset your ray of frost channel) ,and leveled gems. It's really easy to execute, but unfortunately channeling Wiz builds only work in groups if you're above 25. You really do need to be dropping spells and moving around. The amount of time it takes you to channel means you're going to get beat on...and no matter how geared, you really can't afford to get beat on as Wiz. Hence, back to firebird "drop and run" builds.

Now, if you're happy T1-T5, this build is just fine. Beyond that, not outside of groups (where Cold setups serve quite well as utility builds where your team has enough dps for you to more or less just permastun mobs while the others in your group do the heavy work).

I think you could get to 29-30 GR with Lightning or Arcane, and maybe a bit more with extreme gearing. Fire can get up to 34 or so with good gear and scales with extreme gearing pretty well from there.

Cold just doesn't have the damage and lags a bit behind arcane/lightning. It's pretty good for speedclearing T6 rifts in groups though, and the extra control would be super helpful when just starting to gear out on HC.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/2fse88/new_gr_xp_exploit_paragons_1277_in_4_hours/

GR completion gives 50x more experience to players in town - something about killing 10 mobs, then staying in town for the rest.

Bah.

Yeah I saw KingKongor doing that on his stream in between snacking on boogers.

If they fix it fast and deal with the obvious big abusers (huge Paragon rating vs. time on seasonal characters) I don't think it's a big deal. One thing to keep in mind about Seasons is that they are a marathon and not a sprint-someone getting 80 ranks from nothing does put them ahead but in the long run getting GG gear RNG and especially good Grift RNG are going to do more on the leaderboards than the levels will. Much more.

SoundLad

Hi Guys,

This is my Wizard that I'm using fairly comfortably at T4 and thinking of jumping to T5: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Neccro-2832/hero/1525902

My playstyle is basically, electrocute until 5 stacks of Dynamo and then Hydra, get full stacks of dynamo again and start blasting with RoF while standing still. Hydra casts 3 frost novas to buy me time to kill. RoF damage is ridiculous (seen a few 100 mill + ticks here and there).

Just got my RoRG and the tal rasha amulet yesterday which I'm very happy about - better survavibility from set bonuses. Any tips for further progression? I'm thinking the weapon that spawns 2 hydras mainly. Perhaps something else?

Firemind

I think T6 is definitely possible with optimal gear, and thus GR 25, but it would have to involve maximizing Elemental Exposure and Tal 4 set. A 20% increase from elemental exposure, plus an additional 20% from Cold Blooded and Unwavering Will, 20% from Bane of the Trapped, 20+% from Bane of the Powerful, a 1/3 proc rate of Ray of Frost and god knows how much +cold% mean you're going to deal massive damage around you. Optimal gear would have to include Thunderfury proc for lightning, reroll damage for arcane, Familiar/Magic Weapon for fire.

Light of Grace + Azure will get you to about GR 22. Maybe 23 with a decent forstburn, cold ammy, Buff Bracer (to stop knockbacks which reset your ray of frost channel) ,and leveled gems. It's really easy to execute, but unfortunately channeling Wiz builds only work in groups if you're above 25. You really do need to be dropping spells and moving around. The amount of time it takes you to channel means you're going to get beat on...and no matter how geared, you really can't afford to get beat on as Wiz. Hence, back to firebird "drop and run" builds.

Now, if you're happy T1-T5, this build is just fine. Beyond that, not outside of groups (where Cold setups serve quite well as utility builds where your team has enough dps for you to more or less just permastun mobs while the others in your group do the heavy work).

Yeah, at some point mobs will hit hard enough so that you can't keep channeling. This play style just suits me more though, since I'm more in control of the situation, using Frost Nova (from Frost Hydra) and Black Hole to keep mobs together. With a Blizzard/Hydra build, you're going all over the place, since you can't keep your twisters at one place. It's more chaotic on higher GRs and thus I am more liable to die due to a playing error. On HC, that's just not good. :lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'm really unhappy with how worthless fetish builds are once you get to mid-20's Grifts, and even in T6 now. They die so fast now, which is really stupid as a while ago blizzard dramatically improved the durability of pets since they were dying too fast to be useful. I'm having flashbacks to level 60 inferno, when you would summon a gargantuan and see it die literally as soon as the summon animation finished.

It's even more frustrating when you see well-geared wizard and DH hydras and sentries wrecking shit to the extreme, since they are virtually immortal.

Celegus

I feel like I'll never find a second Unity.

It'd be pretty cool to find a strength one to use for GR leaderboards. Feel like it's kind of hard to compete without one, though I haven't actually tried yet. I have an intelligence one, but don't really play either of those classes.

Radec

Who's up for a billion xp party ?
KuGsj.gif

Celegus

Since 2.1 found 7 unity rings ! Not a single Tasker and Theo though! What I need :)

Ugh I'm the complete opposite. I guess everyone has their own thing they're good at finding. I happen to be rubbish at finding amulets and weapons, but great at off-hands and gloves. Kadala has given me ~6 Taskers, mostly while looking for other stuff. I've got nearly perfect T&Ts, akkhan, magefists, IK, firebird, raekor, roland, and more. Haven't found a Unity since a couple weeks after RoS launch, before I was even in the GAF clan.

Since 2.1; I've gotten jack and shit on my season characters. Meanwhile on my normal character got an entire Vyrs and Firebird set (making that my second vyrs and third FB set). Another RROG (prepatch); 2 Maximus, another Sunkeeper and 2 Mask of Jerams for my WD. Sad thing is...I have almost every damn item in the game for those two classes. Only ones I'm missing at this point are Rimehart and Furnace.

I already had little reason to do seasons, at this point might as well just continue playing on normal.

Ugh I'm the complete opposite. I guess everyone has their own thing they're good at finding. I happen to be rubbish at finding amulets and weapons, but great at off-hands and gloves. Kadala has given me ~6 Taskers, mostly while looking for other stuff. I've got nearly perfect T&Ts, akkhan, magefists, IK, firebird, raekor, roland, and more. Haven't found a Unity since a couple weeks after RoS launch, before I was even in the GAF clan.
Me on the other hand..
99% jeram, 47% t&t, full zuni and helltooth..
But..
I want to jade and i'm 2/5 jade harvest set and no quetzalcoatl (got hoj belt, Sk and ukapian though).. Cba to play a pet doc again

MrDaravon

Found 3 gifts in the last 24 hours. Tried using one on that pretty well rolled Unbound Bolt I had, but it didn't quite get me into a higher breakpoint so ultimately interesting but a wash. Then used another one on a Buriza I had:

XYyS5Wx.jpg

Dropped me down a breakpoint but I can tell in-game as well as the mara spreadsheet that it's a decent dps upgrade. The re-roll started as Vit, decided to leave it as-is for now for survivability (that vit is making T6 very manageable now), then later on once I have more para points or whatever I can roll that off for elite damage or CDR or whatever. There's no combination of stuff I can get or tweak right now to get to a higher breakpoint with this even if I rolled IAS there, so that's a no go as far as that. Pretty happy with it all around.

Now I just need a Taskers. Still haven't seen a Unity or SoJ in seasons yet either, which is only weird because I got Unities constantly in non-seasons.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
I'm stuck at GR31 on my pet WD. The biggest issue has been the mob density seems to fall off a cliff after 30. The pets dying hasn't helped much either but its the density more than anything else. Several times I have built up a decent lead only to have it eaten away by an empty map. I have the gear for jade, but I really don't care for that play style.

I think I'm going to try for the crusader pet build. That looks a lot of fun and those pets can't die. Either that or holy shotgun. I also want to try a max CDR monk at some point. Decisions, decisions.

I'm closing in on paragon 600 and I still haven't gotten any of the rare items. I was around 550 when 2.1 came out. Kind of hoped they would bump up the chances for a SMK, witching hour, etc. The only knives I've found are spider-queen's grasp, giddbin, last breath, and deadly rebirth. Never found 1 real build changing item on any of my characters. Not even stuff on the level of a ren-ho and those aren't supposed to be that rare. No SOJ ever, either. I've spent in excess of 200k shards on belts, rings, and knives at Kadala. I'm kind of losing hope I will ever find anything. I do good with what I have but I feel like if I had 1 or 2 key items I would skyrocket into GR40 or so.

Xeteh

So I recently got back in to Diablo since not really touching it for a long while. I got up to 70 in Seasonal and I'm trying to gear my Crusader. I already have 4pc Akkhan but I feel like I'm in this weird middle ground where I'm close to doing better but Wrath is holding me back. The only weapon I've found so far is a Darklight which is alright but I end up being low on Wrath so often.

I also haven't rerolled anything on my Akkhan pieces because I don't want to do so before committing to a spec, Firestarter seems okay but if by some miracle I find a Fate of the Fell I'd rather roll with that.

Profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xeteh-1490/hero/52646302

I'll take any advice people have, currently running GRifts slow enough to only move up one level at a time so that I can try to get the most gear possible. That and I start having trouble pretty quickly at around L15.

Edit: Just found a Blade of Prophecy. Messing around with that even though I don't have a shield for a Condemn build.

Class today ;_; will play again later on :3

Add me up , trying to get my set and some rings and finding better rolled items

AldzDrakul#1229

ferr

So played a few hours over the weekend. Managed to get a 2nd and 3rd Unity within a span of one hour. FINALLY.

Also, got the enforcer gem and the trapped to go with that other gem that all DHs use. Managed to get it within 15 minutes of GR farming.. they were the first two gems to drop.

Now I just need to get a huge cache of keys to start hellfire amulet farming, get a better RORG for socketing, and T&T. Maybe Bombadier quiver, too. Then I'll finally have completed the cookie cutter DH outfit.

XShagrath

I'm totally down for the billion xp party when I get home from work!

I can solo T4 without thinking, so I should be fairly okay in a group on T6 (I hope).

Malleavel

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'm brand new to the game. I saw it on sale at best buy, and I decided to take the dive. is there any way I can Get invited into the Gaf clan? My battletag is MalleAvel#1845, feel free to school me.

Quesa

Gaining 8-9 levels at para 100+ in ~10-12 minutes isn't that much? Okay.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's crazy. I just thought he used "billions" as an exaggeration and thought I'd be cheeky about it

Also is this a good CB roll? What should I swap on it? Using Quin's build and not sure what to roll on it.

GlcUrHz.png

ZenaxPure

Why they gotta ruin people's fun?

Well frankly cause it seems broken as fuck. I haven't read the details of the exploit or anything and how much you actually get but I will say even at plvl 573 "billions" of xp would be ridiculous for me. We're talking about a full level every rift or something (assuming the billions is per rift completion, like I said though, unsure).

Yuuichi

Oh don't get me wrong, it's crazy. I just thought he used "billions" as an exaggeration and thought I'd be cheeky about it

Also is this a good CB roll? What should I swap on it? Using Quin's build and not sure what to roll on it.

GlcUrHz.png

I would try and get rid of the movement speed or EXP unless you use momentum, I'm not super familiar with the roll options so I would go for whatever of those two has what you want.

Dahbomb

Ditch movement speed for Life regen or Armor. Any of those are better than Movement speed.

You can still re-roll that stat into a damage skill like Wall of Light or LTK down the road. Do not re-roll that Secondary though, you would waste that excellent drop.

Yuuichi

Anyone up for playing later today? I'm basically free for the next 12 hours because of the hellish rains here and I don't really have anything better to do. I'm only paragon 14 or so, but I have no issue soloing T1 stuff, so I'm probably fine in a party up to t2 or 3. Quote for my account info, gaf clan stuff would also be great since I can't seem to find that spreadsheet.

Shifty76

GlcUrHz.png

I'd drop the XP for health globe bonus, which is huge for SWK builds spamming MoH. Nice boots!

Is everyone getting this many dupes now?

I can't get myself to DE anything.

I did a huge culling of stash on my seasonal char last night. I think I've gone through six firebird chests at this point. The other major repeat offender of rarity is Unity rings, I'm up to four now.

Here's what my seasons character looks like now:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Aeglos7-1318/hero/51704003

I have a couple more pieces of loot that I want to get until I attempt gr30 solo again. Waiting until my Toxin gem is lvl25 before I replace the 15% fire ele on my ammy. At least I'm down to 7-8min t6 clears.

I average the same clear times on T6, maybe a minute less. I've only done up to grift 29 but I finished that with four minutes to spare. Just not too interested in doing super high grifts until I get my gear in better shape. Which will sadly require a billion topazes. :/

Dahbomb

Why the hell is there such unevenness in gem requirement for enchanting jewelry? Almost all of them seem to require Topazes.

Why the hell is there such unevenness in gem requirement for enchanting jewelry? Almost all of them seem to require Topazes.

I think it's balanced across items as a whole, but only 15% of drops are used and there is it topaz ahoy. I don't have a problem with it in the long run as I'd much rather farm out gems than have to deal with escalating costs on a GG ring or amulet.

Man RoS has to be the biggest turn around I've seen in a game from expansion + packs. Barbarian is fun and loot is interesting compared to vanilla. Love getting massive crits from Hammer of the Ancients.

So basically once I get to 70 I should be doing adventure mode and bounties? Is my gear good enough to do regular rifts? I've been leveling in master mode, haven't tried torment.

So basically once I get to 70 I should be doing adventure mode and bounties? Is my gear good enough to do regular rifts? I've been leveling in master mode, haven't tried torment.

You can go into regular rifts and bounties with just blues and yellows off vendors at 70, and it's well worth your time to do so. You will upgrade your gear super fast, and once you get enough Legendary items (which you'll get at a decent rate), bump up to Torment and start farming for your Raekor's set.

joesmokey

I average the same clear times on T6, maybe a minute less. I've only done up to grift 29 but I finished that with four minutes to spare. Just not too interested in doing super high grifts until I get my gear in better shape. Which will sadly require a billion topazes. :/
Not with this gear, but I failed my first 29 and then completed the next attempt with 2-3 minutes to spare. A lot seems to depend on map/enemy variety of course. Both times I was unlucky with Orlash as the Rift Guardian. That is a long fight for a Hydra fire wizard.

I attempted GR30 and was 45 seconds short of finishing on time.

ZenaxPure

Is everyone getting this many dupes now?

It's pretty much been this way since they added set items to kadala (and then a few weeks later drastically increased the drop rate of class set items as well). Before 2.1 in my quest to get a mirrorball where I ended up spending 30k shards I got around 2 dozen firebird sources in that time, probably more but at some point I just stopped counting.

I really like it this way to be honest. It makes actually optimizing your endgame items a possibility. It's still not easy since you are looking for specific stats above a certain threshold, but, it's became something that you can actually accomplish now.

Jubs

I have a 1000+ in all gems except for topazes, where I only have about 220. I legit get happy when I see a marquis topaz drop, even more so if an imperial drops.

eek5

I have a 1000+ in all gems except for topazes, where I only have about 220. I legit get happy when I see a marquis topaz drop, even more so if an imperial drops.

I nonseasons I have 2-3k in some gems.... 0 topaz. Amazing.

eek5

GlcUrHz.png

What is this star and how do I get it. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom