• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Yeah I saw KingKongor doing that on his stream in between snacking on boogers.

If they fix it fast and deal with the obvious big abusers (huge Paragon rating vs. time on seasonal characters) I don't think it's a big deal. One thing to keep in mind about Seasons is that they are a marathon and not a sprint-someone getting 80 ranks from nothing does put them ahead but in the long run getting GG gear RNG and especially good Grift RNG are going to do more on the leaderboards than the levels will. Much more.

chansub-global-emoticon-d8eee0a259b7dfaa-30x30.png

lexi

Banned
I'm finding Dominance pretty useless in higher GRifts (30+), maybe it's cause I'm not killing shit quick enough.

Day 5 of hunting for a Firebird hat begins.

I don't need it, but it sure would open up a lot of options.

dump Evocation. Pick up something like Dominance.

Also, try to get a Blackthron's belt.

Good idea on the belt. Totally forgot about it. Just got amulet the day before. Need to dig through my stash and mules for it.

I'm finding Dominance pretty useless in higher GRifts (30+), maybe it's cause I'm not killing shit quick enough.

I've only gotten up around maybe GR 34 with a group. I thought it was still good for tanking some damage but I can see how it might not be very useful beyond that solo.

Alternately, Conflag is good. Nothing wrong with more crits.

Shifty76

So I just hit 70 a few days ago, and I've been rocking my way through T1 and now I'm playing T2 with pubs, but quite honestly I have no idea what I should be looking for. Any advice on what I should be working towards would be great so I can stop using all my blood shards on pants.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuuichi-1412/hero/51467495
Got any set plans? Crafted set pieces make a big difference. Wrote this up a while back so it's a little outdated now that OWE is gone, but it'll steer you in the right direction: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

Yuuichi

Got any set plans? Crafted set pieces make a big difference. Wrote this up a while back so it's a little outdated now that OWE is gone, but it'll steer you in the right direction: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Monks/wiki/ros-general-gearing

Well with my current weapon, getting another piece of the Sunwuko set would not be a bad idea, but I have no plans for that so it's all up to rnjesus. From your guide it looks like my belt and chest should be the first to go, mostly for the sockets.

I also have one of those legendary socket making items but I'm really reluctant to use it on anything because inevitably I'll find a replacement a few minutes later.

Dahbomb

So I just hit 70 a few days ago, and I've been rocking my way through T1 and now I'm playing T2 with pubs, but quite honestly I have no idea what I should be looking for. Any advice on what I should be working towards would be great so I can stop using all my blood shards on pants.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Yuuichi-1412/hero/51467495
Well for starters you fucked up rolling your Gloves pretty badly. That was a really nice Sunwoko gloves that could've had double crit but instead you rolled a Secondary stat into Physical resistance making it a salvage tier glove now.

For the record on these items you generally want ALL offensive stats:

Rings
Amulets
Gloves
Bracers (these only roll 3 offensive stats so you just need 3 out of 4)

And when I mean offensive stats, I am talking about the Primary stats. For the most part, disregard secondary stats unless they are a Legendary affix. Secondary stats come into the equation at very top end min maxing, right now you need to increase your DPS and toughness directly through primary stats which means focusing on just 4 stats per item (sockets count as one primary affix by the way).

Crit chance appears on the following items: Gloves, Bracers, Amulets, Rings, Helms. It's imperative that you have crit chance on Helm, Glove, Bracers. You want CC on Jewelry too but usually it comes against a hard choice but for you... get CC on rings as well.

Critical hit damage appears on Gloves and Jewelry only, the rest you get from your weapon socket. On Amulet you get 100% CHD maximum which is very important to have. Just from 3 items (weapon, gloves, amulet) you can have 250 CHD, with 50% extra from Paragon points. Must have on these items. You can forego getting CHD on Rings at the high level but for your level get CHD on Rings as well.

Jewelry (Rings, Amulets) can get sockets which can be placed with Legendary gems. These gems are BETTER THAN ANY ROLLABLE STAT on these Jewelries so the ideal Jewelry set up is 3 offensive primary stats and socket. It's super easy to acquire Legendary gems.

The next thing that you need to rectify immediately is take out that Ruby from your weapon and replace it with an Emerald. Critical hit damage is far superior to + damage on weapons post level 70.

After that you want Elemental damage. This normally only appears on Bracers and Amulets which makes it very, very important to get on both of those items at the minimum. Legendaries have Elemental damage which are very important to certain builds (Stone of Jordan, Maximus, Andariels etc). Elemental damage gives you a ton of extra damage.

So the ideal Amulet set up is Elemental damage, Critical hit damage, Critical hit chance and socket. Ideal Bracer set up is Elemental damage, Critical hit chance and Main stat (with a defensive stat for the 4th one). Ideal Gloves: Main stat, Double Crit, Cooldown reduction or Attack speed or a defensive stat.

CDR/Attack speed requirement depends on your build although most builds these days get benefit from CDR. Monks and DH are in need of attack speed though. Avoid getting attack speed on Jewelries unless they can't be helped of course (like attack speed on Ring of Royal Grandeur).

On Armor pieces (Shoulders, Chests, Pants, Boots, Belt) you generally want to stack defensive stats + Main stats plus the maximum allowed stat. Pants come with 2 sockets so a basic set up for it would be Main stat, Vitality, All res (Armor if Intelligence class) and 2 sockets. Shoulders and Belts have no Sockets but Shoulders come with the important offensive stat which is Cooldown reduction so try to get main stat, 2 defensive stats and CDR (especially if your character requires it). Some characters get use out of their support skills like DHs get out of their Sentries so getting Sentry damage on Shoulder is imperative.

Boots and Helms get the Skill damage bonus from your main spenders (for Monks that is LTK and Wave of Light). For basic set ups its nice to have them on Boots at least but at the high level people generally don't use those skills so don't spend too much on them. In this game you always want to have max movement speed and that stat only comes on Boots. However you can get maximum movement speed from just Paragon points which means that anyone who is Paragon 200 wants 0 movement speed from gear as it takes up precious affix slot. So most boots in the game end up having all defensive stats + main stat.

Helms come with a socket possibility as well but their socket is different from other pieces. A diamond in a Helm gives a ton of CDR which is required for many builds. Otherwise it also gives a ton of Life % as well. So socket + CC is very valuable on Helm as is the Spender skill damage (for DHs that would be Cluster Arrow). But builds that don't rely on Spenders to do damage can skip the skill damage bonus and get a defensive stat instead (like vitality).

Once you get an idea for what kind of stats pop up on what gear it will be easier to get to the gear level you want.

Let's go play guys ^_^

back from school add me

also here's my wiz

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AldzDrakul-1229/hero/52086057

still building my firebird set ;_;

and will transition and take out RoRG after i get SoJ, and Unity as my ring

any problem so far? i think i need to reroll for crit chances and damage and roll socks on the rings and amulet is what i need to do i think?

not with this rings though....:3

firebird first..then pray to god i can get a furnace then going full t6 afterwards

So is there a consensus about the best legendary gems or is it just too build/char dependent? I thought Bane of the Powerful (and trapped at 25) was the best, but now that I've seen more Rift layout/density rng it's not up as much as I thought it would be.

ED: Also are there any metrics about how much damage or how fast you should be clearing Elites re torment levels? I don't want to be dead weight but at the same time I want to maximize my exp/gold/leg. My defense is fine up to T4, but I usually stick to T2 because I feel like my damage feels more in that range (although it's hard to balance it out re single target, mobs, elites, big dmg cooldowns).

ZenaxPure

So is there a consensus about the best legendary gems or is it just too build/char dependent? I thought Bane of the Powerful (and trapped at 25) was the best, but now that I've seen more Rift layout/density rng it's not up as much as I thought it would be.

Absolutely depends on the build, but, the elite and slow one are just good in general as they can work with basically any build.

Got all of the Wizard achievements, finishing them with Time Takes Its Toll (done with Skeleton Archers in Westmarch Commons), and Space Dementia (Scarabs in Corvus).

Now if I just kill Malthael, I'll have the I Just Blue Myself achievement, then I can crank up the difficulty and start using up my keystone rift fragments.

Dahbomb

Bane of the Trapped is the best gem in the game and here's why.

Almost every gem applies an additional damage modifier as its own separate entity but within a particular tier. When you get let's say a Bane of Powerful buff you can go look in your stat sheet and shows up "damage added from Skills" as a separate thing. Your first gem gives you a ton of damage but your second or 3rd that gives damage in this modifier doesn't give you as much. It's a similar theory to how stacking elemental damage works.

So say you are doing 100 million eDPS. With a Bane of the Powerful you will be doing 120 million eDPS. With a Taeguk gem at 40 stacks that will give you 140 million eDPS. However the buff from 120 million to 140 million is NOT a 20% damage bonus.

The Bane of the Trapped HOWEVER applies the damage as it's OWN unique modifier meaning it is actually applying 20% damage if it says it's applying 20%. So if you have Taeguk + Bane of the Powerful and then you add Bane of Trapped... you will not be doing 160 million eDPS you will instead be doing 168 million eDPS. This is a critical piece of information when you are min maxing at the highest level and you want to pick the best 3 gems for your set up.

Every crowd control effect in the game counts INCLUDING chill/slow so Cold Marauder can use this effect without actually using any special CC abilities as Cold skills count for Bane of the Trapped. This even applies off of Follower CC abilities so that TF will be helping you do more damage even if you have 0 CC on your gear.

Another gem that applies damage multiplier as its own thing is Efficacious Toxin gem and that applies damage to the whole party not just to yourself making it a requirement for group play. However it's only 10% compared to Bane of Trapped which can go higher.

The only downside to Bane of the Trapped is that the damage bonus doesn't apply to procs which severely limits its usage with Monks. This is obviously a glitch that will be fixed and it will allow Monks to use it (right now Bane of the Trapped is 100% useless for Monks as the damage bonus isn't applied to SWK proc or the Smite gem proc).

IMO I would rank the gems in the following ranking:

S+: Bane of the Trapped (already explained why its the best in the game)
S: Bane of the Powerful: 20% damage is nice, at high ranks it's up over a minute. The 15% elite damage is very nice too.
S: Efficacious Toxin. Requirement for group play, not as much damage for solo play though.

S class are gems that are extremely versatile in that they are usable in a ton of builds while still being very competitive with build exclusive gems.

A: Enforcer: S tier for pets, F tier for everyone else. There is no rocket science to this, if you use a pet then this is best in slot if not then it's not worth looking at.

A: Golgok of Swiftness: Any build that benefits from attack speed AND cooldown reduction will have this gem in as best in slot. Monks are required to use this gem because it gives them 15% attack speed for fast spirit regen and 15% CDR to have more uptime on Epiphany and Serenity (achieving immortality).

A-: Miranea (aka Holy smite gem): Gives a ton of bonus damage if you are able to proc it efficiently. It's main fault is that only two classes can really use it to it's potential and they are Monk + Crusaders. Monk makes tremendous use of this gem and is a big contributor to their DPS. The secondary effect is really mediocre though.

A-: Pain Enhancer: Tremendous for physical builds with a ton of critical chance the problem is that there aren't too many top buiilds that use this. Of course there is that new WW build but that new WW build isn't beating out a Raekor build. Both of the bonuses are excellent but until I see a build that really pushes this gem to the top of the top, I will have to keep it at somewhere between A and B.

B: Taeguk: Any build that has you spamming Generators will get great mileage out of this gem. This is potentially a 20% damage increase along with a 20% armor increase... substantial boost in GR. Only problem is that not a lot of builds can use it properly because it takes a while to build up to those stacks making it not worth picking over other gems. Monks can use this properly especially in an Inna set up where a SW costs only 5.

B: Wreath of Lightning: A solid proc gem but the damage isn't as high as the other two proc gems (Pain Enhancer and Smite gem). Wreath is great for dealing with trash but weak at dealing with tougher enemies compared to something like the Smite gem. Also Wreath doesn't get as much benefit out of attack speed and high procs ... most characters can have this up all the time which means there is a cap to its efficiency. Where as the Pain Enhancer and Smite gem just get better and better depending on your skill and gear.

C: Simplicity's Strength: This is a very underpowered gem IMO. This is basically a poor man's Depth Digger in the form of a legendary gem. The secondary effect while nice isn't good enough. If there is a viable generator build... it will be using Depth Digger plus one of the top 3 gems instead of Simplicity's gem... this should tell you how mediocre this gem is. The only reason why this isn't D tier is because at least it provides SOME offensive boost even if it's really underwhelming.

C to D : Invigorating gemstone: This is a Hardcore only gem and even then it's pretty crap. People want damage from their gems not more CC reduction.

D: Moratorium: When I first saw this gem I thought this was going to be godlike for Hardcore. Until I actually used it. I know this was bugged before but even now I just don't like it. The only thing this gem does is screw up your combat and situational awareness making you take risk only to get yourself killed anyway.

Boon of Hoarder is a very interesting gem with a lot of interesting usage unfortunately it's all restricted to non Greater Rift play. In GR play it's F tier but in everything else it does a lot of cool shit like give you 500 million toughness or allow you to do Bounties extremely quickly.

Ketch

D: Moratorium: When I first saw this gem I thought this was going to be godlike for Hardcore. Until I actually used it. I know this was bugged before but even now I just don't like it. The only thing this gem does is screw up your combat and situational awareness making you take risk only to get yourself killed anyway.

Can you elaborate on this more? I'm using this gem in HC season, and was planning on leveling it first (I have a bunch of gems including the holy proc one)... It's straight -25% damage taken which was immediately noticeable and I'm playing really safe on this character.... trying to make it the whole season without loosing him.

also for monk do you still recommend bane of the powerful over smite gem?

ZenaxPure

Boon of Hoarder is a very interesting gem with a lot of interesting usage unfortunately it's all restricted to non Greater Rift play. In GR play it's F tier but in everything else it does a lot of cool shit like give you 500 million toughness or allow you to do Bounties extremely quickly.

It's also of course worth mentioning that it is better for farming gold than trying for a second goblin rift. No gold find on my gear or from paragon and at rank 0 I still get ~5 million gold per rift with hoarder, it's handy. Probably going to work on leveling my season hoarder up soon since I only have about 30 mil gold on seasons right now. Any build capable of GR30+ can still tear through T6 while giving up one of your other gems for it.

Tarazet

So this happened in seasons. Just trying to get the rubies together to reroll the IAS into a socket.. an actual quadfecta + socket ring.

Lpn6t8G.png

joeblow

Well for starters you fucked up rolling your Gloves pretty badly. That was a really nice Sunwoko gloves that could've had double crit but instead you rolled a Secondary stat into Physical resistance making it a salvage tier glove now.

For the record on these items you generally want ALL offensive stats:

Rings
Amulets
Gloves
Bracers (these only roll 3 offensive stats so you just need 3 out of 4)

And when I mean offensive stats, I am talking about the Primary stats. For the most part, disregard secondary stats unless they are a Legendary affix. Secondary stats come into the equation at very top end min maxing, right now you need to increase your DPS and toughness directly through primary stats which means focusing on just 4 stats per item (sockets count as one primary affix by the way).

Crit chance appears on the following items: Gloves, Bracers, Amulets, Rings, Helms. It's imperative that you have crit chance on Helm, Glove, Bracers. You want CC on Jewelry too but usually it comes against a hard choice but for you... get CC on rings as well.

Critical hit damage appears on Gloves and Jewelry only, the rest you get from your weapon socket. On Amulet you get 100% CHD maximum which is very important to have. Just from 3 items (weapon, gloves, amulet) you can have 250 CHD, with 50% extra from Paragon points. Must have on these items. You can forego getting CHD on Rings at the high level but for your level get CHD on Rings as well.

Jewelry (Rings, Amulets) can get sockets which can be placed with Legendary gems. These gems are BETTER THAN ANY ROLLABLE STAT on these Jewelries so the ideal Jewelry set up is 3 offensive primary stats and socket. It's super easy to acquire Legendary gems.

The next thing that you need to rectify immediately is take out that Ruby from your weapon and replace it with an Emerald. Critical hit damage is far superior to + damage on weapons post level 70.

After that you want Elemental damage. This normally only appears on Bracers and Amulets which makes it very, very important to get on both of those items at the minimum. Legendaries have Elemental damage which are very important to certain builds (Stone of Jordan, Maximus, Andariels etc). Elemental damage gives you a ton of extra damage.

So the ideal Amulet set up is Elemental damage, Critical hit damage, Critical hit chance and socket. Ideal Bracer set up is Elemental damage, Critical hit chance and Main stat (with a defensive stat for the 4th one). Ideal Gloves: Main stat, Double Crit, Cooldown reduction or Attack speed or a defensive stat.

CDR/Attack speed requirement depends on your build although most builds these days get benefit from CDR. Monks and DH are in need of attack speed though. Avoid getting attack speed on Jewelries unless they can't be helped of course (like attack speed on Ring of Royal Grandeur).

On Armor pieces (Shoulders, Chests, Pants, Boots, Belt) you generally want to stack defensive stats + Main stats plus the maximum allowed stat. Pants come with 2 sockets so a basic set up for it would be Main stat, Vitality, All res (Armor if Intelligence class) and 2 sockets. Shoulders and Belts have no Sockets but Shoulders come with the important offensive stat which is Cooldown reduction so try to get main stat, 2 defensive stats and CDR (especially if your character requires it). Some characters get use out of their support skills like DHs get out of their Sentries so getting Sentry damage on Shoulder is imperative.

Boots and Helms get the Skill damage bonus from your main spenders (for Monks that is LTK and Wave of Light). For basic set ups its nice to have them on Boots at least but at the high level people generally don't use those skills so don't spend too much on them. In this game you always want to have max movement speed and that stat only comes on Boots. However you can get maximum movement speed from just Paragon points which means that anyone who is Paragon 200 wants 0 movement speed from gear as it takes up precious affix slot. So most boots in the game end up having all defensive stats + main stat.

Helms come with a socket possibility as well but their socket is different from other pieces. A diamond in a Helm gives a ton of CDR which is required for many builds. Otherwise it also gives a ton of Life % as well. So socket + CC is very valuable on Helm as is the Spender skill damage (for DHs that would be Cluster Arrow). But builds that don't rely on Spenders to do damage can skip the skill damage bonus and get a defensive stat instead (like vitality).

Once you get an idea for what kind of stats pop up on what gear it will be easier to get to the gear level you want.
Great Diablo build summary. I learned quite a bit.

Very useful and detailed explanation, really appreciate it. Having come back for seasons it's super helpful to get such a well-informed breakdown to help rejog how I should be analyzing things. Also glad to know I wasn't overthinking Bane of the Trapped seeming OP compared to the rest.

Dahbomb

also for monk do you still recommend bane of the powerful over smite gem?
Miranei, Golgok and Taeguk are the 3 best for SWK build.

Can you elaborate on this more? I'm using this gem in HC season, and was planning on leveling it first (I have a bunch of gems including the holy proc one)... It's straight -25% damage taken which was immediately noticeable and I'm playing really safe on this character.... trying to make it the whole season without loosing him.
It's because you keep losing health even after you proc your cheat death ability. Plus you would be in a fight taking no damage thinking you are fine then suddenly you start taking a ton of damage and you go away to heal but you keep taking damage because the gem has accumulated a ton of damage.

And it's not a straight -25% damage taken. It's misleading like that. I had the same thinking as you when I first saw this but in practical application it's way worse than it actually is.

Stevey

Got my first Rolands set piece (shoulders) with my crusader last night.

Stashed it, but the set bonus don't seem as good as Akkhan unless I'm missing something.

Stashed it, but the set bonus don't seem as good as Akkhan unless I'm missing something.

Best set per class
Barb=Raekor
DH=Marauder
Monk=Sun Wukong
Wizard=Fire Bird
WD=Jade
Crusader=Akkhan

I like Natalya's set but its just not viable at T6.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance

I'm missing a few pieces myself, but at any rate yeah, keep it. In fact, keep all your sets, regardless of how crappy they are, and hope that Blizzard will improve them drastically in patch 2.2. The item buffs on set items are always retroactive, unlike legendary buffs.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Thanks for all this info Dahbomb. I have decent knowledge of the game (no expert though) but I learned some things.

Wait, are you saying that ideally I don't want main stat on my amulet? Just elemental damage, chc, chd and a socket instead?

Generally speaking, when rerolling the stats on an RoRG, which one do I want to get rid of? Attack speed or LoH?

There's a debate about All Res vs. Armor on reddit, actually. The gist of it is, All Res is more often than not the safer choice even for int classes. The reason for this is that the max AR stats you can get on an item vs. the max Armor stats you can get on the same item are always higher, making AR more valuable. AR will effectively buff you more than Armor 9 times out of 10. Only really top-geared WD/wiz players who already have a ton of AR can possibly benefit slightly from more armor, but even then, when in doubt, pick AR instead. Chances are you'll be better off.

Here's the explanation: http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/23gz1v/should_you_be_stacking_all_res_or_armor_an/
It's 4 months old, but as far as I know the mechanics haven't changed since then, have they?

Firemind

Miranei, Golgok and Taeguk are the 3 best for SWK build.

It's because you keep losing health even after you proc your cheat death ability. Plus you would be in a fight taking no damage thinking you are fine then suddenly you start taking a ton of damage and you go away to heal but you keep taking damage because the gem has accumulated a ton of damage.

And it's not a straight -25% damage taken. It's misleading like that. I had the same thinking as you when I first saw this but in practical application it's way worse than it actually is.
The best application of Moratorium is stacking a ton of life regen, so you can heal off the staggered damage almost instantly. With Rogar's Huge Stone and Unity, you're going to negate a lot of damage and make you safe from DCs; the number one cause of death on HC.

Edit: I believe it's bugged now though, so don't use it on HC. :lol

Finished a 4 man level 41 grift at 14:59:377 lol. Didn't think we were gonna make it so I emptied all my hatred shooting clusters and it died. Was hoping for Stonesinger but got stupid Kulle.

XShagrath

This has been bugging me for quite some time, but why does Blizzard have to take the servers down for hours every (mostly) Tuesday for maintenance/patching? Other systems such as Microsoft's Live service can basically hot-swap in a patch to their OS (arguably more difficult) without taking it down for hours. A quick google search for an answer returned nothing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Roland set with the crafted crusader shield, a cindercoat, and a fire build lets you pretty much endlessly spam the fire-rune shield bash, which is fun.

Ayumi

This has been bugging me for quite some time, but why does Blizzard have to take the servers down for hours every (mostly) Tuesday for maintenance/patching? Other systems such as Microsoft's Live service can basically hot-swap in a patch to their OS (arguably more difficult) without taking it down for hours. A quick google search for an answer returned nothing.

No one knows though. I guess it's what they require to feel comfortable upgrading hardware and whatever is needed during maintenance. And I think that if they messed up during updating live, there would be a whole different approach to it - many complaints (if something goes wrong for an hour), so you never really know. Again, I'm just assuming they choose to do it this way so they can do what they need in peace without having to feel stressed about the player base and connectivity/live faults/etc.

StMeph

No one knows though. I guess it's what they require to feel comfortable upgrading hardware and whatever is needed during maintenance. And I think that if they messed up during updating live, there would be a whole different approach to it - many complaints (if something goes wrong for an hour), so you never really know. Again, I'm just assuming they choose to do it this way so they can do what they need in peace without having to feel stressed about the player base and connectivity/live faults/etc.

This would be my guess. A software/gaming company is still a company, and they tend to be resistant to change if they don't have to, and the people involved probably prefer doing things a certain way. Since that's how they did it ten years ago, unless there are some major personnel changes in the last few years, I would expect that they want to keep doing what works for them, and not try to make major overhauls to the system or practice.

ElyrionX

People still complaining about Tuesday blizzard maintenance. What year is this again?

Yes, things are as perfect as they can be and there's absolutely no grounds for improvement. It's fine if I don't get to play a game at night when I get off work when it's only one day a week. All major companies running massive servers do this, after all. See those Dota servers that are running games for 10x the number of people? Yep, those go down once a week as well. Absolutely no room for improvement at all from Blizzard here. Great job, Blizzard! We all love you! Continue fighting the good fight!

datamage

Has Blizzard mentioned anything about adding the screen shake effect back in as an option? I cannot stand the fact that they just disabled it...

Ayumi

Yes, things are as perfect as they can be and there's absolutely no grounds for improvement. It's fine if I don't get to play a game at night when I get off work when it's only one day a week. All major companies running massive servers do this, after all. See those Dota servers that are running games for 10x the number of people? Yep, those go down once a week as well. Absolutely no room for improvement at all from Blizzard here. Great job, Blizzard! We all love you! Continue fighting the good fight!

Oh and by the way, not everyone lives in the same timezone. Some are lucky to get the maintenance at night, others have to suffer through the daytime. It's always in the middle of the day for me but they've done this for years and years so I don't mind. The maintenance time has become less (vanilla WoW anyone?) though, and the process is far more reliable with less errors during uptime after maintenances.

ferr

Farming keys on T6 is fun. I get 2-3 legs per act 1-4 run. Finally got a Bombadier Quiver doing this. and lots of keys. Highly recommend the danetta set for running it though..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

oh-brother-o.gif

Firemind

Does anyone by any chance have a Rimeheart and a Frostburn? If possible, can you test if the proc works on elites and bosses? Apparently they changed Rimeheart from only proccing on lesser enemies to every enemy now, but I want to make sure. I have this crazy idea for a cold build... Thanks a lot!

Does anyone by any chance have a Rimeheart and a Frostburn? If possible, can you test if the proc works on elites and bosses? Apparently they changed Rimeheart from only proccing on lesser enemies to every enemy now, but I want to make sure. I have this crazy idea for a cold build... Thanks a lot!
Have rimeheart, send me later a mp and i'll test when i get @home in 4 hours..

Celegus

Ugh I'm the complete opposite. I guess everyone has their own thing they're good at finding. I happen to be rubbish at finding amulets and weapons, but great at off-hands and gloves.

And once again. After spending my last 5000+ shards on 2H weapons and only getting 3 souls, I put 300 into shields and got just what I wanted, a decent Unrelenting Phalanx. I'm guessing horses are the way to go since it's more ranged and the knockback, but I'm curious how bowmen stack up since I should be able to keep them out basically all the time (especially with a T&T).

The Rimeheart proc does work on bosses, but never seemed to activate often enough to really make it worth using when I was trying it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom