• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT2| Enchantress: Look! More hidden loot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

It seems that they add items that could be great, but isn't always. I doubt they would want the rage from adding items that would significantly increase certain builds so much that everyone wish they had that specific item. I think it would be kind of good, to add a few super items to seasons. There will be people angry about it, but they just really need to do more with seasons because right now it's just dreadful. I don't even play season because I have zero motivation as it stands today.

Yeah but that's kind of my point, Crusaders already have an item that makes a build only possible in seasons and it has proven stronger than every other build available to class save the Stampede build (based on GR ranks). I'm not really seeing the outrage there.

Frankly I don't think Blizzard cares either way, I think the item situation with the first season is a result of them simply just trying to get each class with at least 1 competitive build, given that there was a blue post that said that quite literally. Try to get 1 good build in 2.1 and then try to add diversity as time goes on. It kind of just naturally makes sense for a lot of those to come from seasons anyway because it serves as a testing ground to see if an item is OP in an unforeseen way (resetting the GR leaderboard inside a season is not really a big deal compared to non-season) and like I mentioned before so far they haven't really added new items to the game outside of new content patches and we won't be seeing another one for a while. I doubt there will be another one until sometime next year unless somehow Blizzard magically stops being the same company they've been for the past decade, which, maybe can happen but I'm kind of jaded at this point when it comes to Blizzard actually releasing new content in a timely manner.

Dahbomb

I would like Monk's to have a truly viable spec that wasn't SWK. Because that build is ass.
SWK build is godlike son.

Feels like a high octane action game with how many buttons you are pressing a second.

I mentioned before so far they haven't really added new items to the game outside of new content patches and we won't be seeing another one for a while.
I would argue that 2.1 did in fact add new items. Leoric Crown and Vile Wards are examples. Sure they technically aren't "new" Legendaries but effectively speaking they are because they add new powerful Legendary effects and enhance builds.

Found a Cam's Rebuttal tonight, double falling sword is immensely fun, but is a bit lacking on clear speed. Will keep it, may for bounties or something.

Ayumi

Yeah but that's kind of my point, Crusaders already have an item that makes a build only possible in seasons and it has proven stronger than every other build available to class save the Stampede build (based on GR ranks). I'm not really seeing the outrage there.

Frankly I don't think Blizzard cares either way, I think the item situation with the first season is a result of them simply just trying to get each class with at least 1 competitive build, given that there was a blue post that said that quite literally. Try to get 1 good build in 2.1 and then try to add diversity as time goes on. It kind of just naturally makes sense for a lot of those to come from seasons anyway because it serves as a testing ground to see if an item is OP in an unforeseen way (resetting the GR leaderboard inside a season is not really a big deal compared to non-season) and like I mentioned before so far they haven't really added new items to the game outside of new content patches and we won't be seeing another one for a while. I doubt there will be another one until sometime next year unless somehow Blizzard magically stops being the same company they've been for the past decade, which, maybe can happen but I'm kind of jaded at this point when it comes to Blizzard actually releasing new content in a timely manner.

My post was to show that I agree with you (and you helped me understand it better). I can't really *judge* seasonal play since I never did it, but the things I've heard weren't too good (until users reach end game and have great gear). You mean you don't think they will add another season until next year, or new items in next season?

Dahbomb

They have already confirmed new Legendary gems coming although they will be defensive in nature.

Hopefully they are better than the two we have now.

ZenaxPure

I would argue that 2.1 did in fact add new items. Leoric Crown and Vile Wards are examples. Sure they technically aren't "new" Legendaries but effectively speaking they are because they add new powerful Legendary effects and enhance builds.

Yeah, that was basically my whole point. Leoric's Crown and Vile Ward were added in 2.1, a content patch. Patches like 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 didn't have new items. Season 2 will not be a part of 2.2 (or else we would have already heard something about it). It will probably launch with a 2.1.1 or something.

You mean you don't think they will add another season until next year, or new items in next season?

Neither actually. Basically my response to Dahbomb is my point. Seasons are not content patches. Season 2 will not start when 2.2 launches, based on how slow Blizzard is with those things we will probably be on season 3 or 4 when 2.2 rolls around. Each of those seasons will have new seasonal only items which have a very good chance of being the only new items added to the game until 2.2. I'm not saying it's impossible they add new non-seasonal items which each season launch, but, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Ayumi

Yeah, that was basically my whole point. Leoric's Crown and Vile Ward were added in 2.1, a content patch. Patches like 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 didn't have new items. Season 2 will not be a part of 2.2 (or else we would have already heard something about it). It will probably launch with a 2.1.1 or something.

Neither actually. Basically my response to Dahbomb is my point. Seasons are not content patches. Season 2 will not start when 2.2 launches, based on how slow Blizzard is with those things we will probably be on season 3 or 4 when 2.2 rolls around. Each of those seasons will have new seasonal only items which have a very good chance of being the only new items added to the game until 2.2. I'm not saying it's impossible they add new non-seasonal items which each season launch, but, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

Whoops, I was thinking of something completely different. I was thinking of seasonal drops and not patch drops. I do hope they add new patch legendaries at least.

Bitching on Gaf is real

Could the roll be any worse?

Mine rolled armor but I guess it's an easy choice what to use to get a socket. Luckily with other stats on mine I'm not losing much damage from one of my currently socketed rings, and once I use it for maureders set bonus it should make up for it. I'm just leaving the ring in stash for now since I'm using multiple other set items that all are currently at 2 set bonus.

Yeah, I was poking around the demon hunter forums and saw a lot of people mentioning it. Then I saw a thread dedicated to "M6" and put 2 and 2 together.

Right now I'm trying to figure out a crap-ton of math on the best weapon to use with the IAS I have, as well as figuring out which gems are worth sacrificing CHD for. All of my rings currently have CHD enchanted onto them, so that's what I'd need to roll off for a socket....

I think I'm going to swap Powerful for Trapped once I rank it up and switch to using some cold skills + cull the weak.

My highest GRift is 33 with 10 seconds to spare, so there's definitely room for improvement.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/jim2point0-1220/hero/42736492

Ayumi

Yeah, I was poking around the demon hunter forums and saw a lot of people mentioning it. Then I saw a thread dedicated to "M6" and put 2 and 2 together.

Right now I'm trying to figure out a crap-ton of math on the best weapon to use with the IAS I have, as well as figuring out which gems are worth sacrificing CHD for. All of my rings currently have CHD enchanted onto them, so that's what I'd need to roll off for a socket....

I think I'm going to swap Powerful for Trapped once I rank it up and switch to using some cold skills + cull the weak.

My highest GRift is 33 with 10 seconds to spare, so there's definitely room for improvement.

How much total CHD and CHC do you have? It's hard to say since I can only view your gear bonuses.

taybul

You know about the sentry breakpoints right? Generally it's better to sacrifice some DPS if that means you can get to a higher BP. Also, while you're at a certain BP, there's no reason to pack on more IAS if it doesn't get you to the next level, meaning you can swap out that IAS for other stats like CDH/CDC.

Armaros

You know about the sentry breakpoints right? Generally it's better to sacrifice some DPS if that means you can get to a higher BP. Also, while you're at a certain BP, there's no reason to pack on more IAS if it doesn't get you to the next level, meaning you can swap out that IAS for other stats like CDH/CDC.

It's like WoW and Haste break points for DoTs all over again.

-_- the amount of time I had to spend, calculating and refitting after every item update was tiresome.

Shifty76

So how the heck do you hit the 2.84 sentry BP without T&T? Is it even possible? Just seems like such a massive jump from the 2.15 or whatever it is BP

Ayumi

What's the best way to farm a RoRG?
Act1 split bounties at T1?
The best would be to do A1 T6. If you can't solo, try the "Bounty Runz" community for someone to run with (most of them do split, so make sure you mention that you don't wanna do split bounties unless you're comfortable soloing T5). RoRG is only A1 and T6 has a 100% leg guarantee, so you might get one in the first cache, but definitely after at least 2-3 bags. T1 works too but the Leg drop rate is less, so it would take more time.

taybul

So how the heck do you hit the 2.84 sentry BP without T&T? Is it even possible? Just seems like such a massive jump from the 2.15 or whatever it is BP

I've done it with a 1H and stacking as much IAS as I could including: belt, both rings, bracers. Think I hit 2.85 sheet APS in the end but I was severely handicapped. Just wanted to see if I could do it :D

Insaniac

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AldzDrakul-1229/hero/52086057

just got my SoJ and it is very tough....changed my amulet too..and now my vit is down to 3.4k....i feel so squishy :(

and my toughness? any tips?

trying to get me a string of ears, and need 2 more unities and i can just focus on getting me a furnace ;_;

IAS is useless for Firebirds dot, so you could technically get a firebirds gloves with a lot of vit instead of that IAS. You can roll armor or life% i believe on your shoulders too

also you're wearing 7 pieces of firebirds, so you could ditch the firebirds gloves for something with int, vit CD, CHC

eek5

Is there a consensus on the minimum sheet stats required to play T6 for each class?

min Dmg and Toughness, resists, etc.

Hard to say. You should be able to clear T6 rifts in under 9 mins (solo). But even at that time you're probably better off doing 7 min clears on a lower difficulty.

Throwing out a number is difficult because of builds/skills/etc. and paperdoll DPS doesn't really represent anything inside a vacuum. I.e. what elemental/elite damage modifiers do you have, what gems do you have, etc. These will all make a huge difference.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The best would be to do A1 T6. If you can't solo, try the "Bounty Runz" community for someone to run with (most of them do split, so make sure you mention that you don't wanna do split bounties unless you're comfortable soloing T5). RoRG is only A1 and T6 has a 100% leg guarantee, so you might get one in the first cache, but definitely after at least 2-3 bags. T1 works too but the Leg drop rate is less, so it would take more time.
Took me 35 maces, shoulders, amulets and bracers before I got RRoG...

Ingeniero

I am not going to lie, just got a RORG after 3 bags lol, it's not very good tho.

Damn doing pretty swell on my Wizard, got a firebird source, the wand that summons two hydras and the crystal ball already. What kind of stats does a wizard prioritize on their sources? I reforged what I thought was the weakest stats into a socket and put a green gem in it, only to realize it doesn't count as a weapon :(. Assuming crit would be a better alternative.

Seasons seem to be shorter than I thought, I suppose I'll roll crusader next season unless monk gets some pretty good buffs.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Can't decide which gems I want to use for my COTA/pet-barb build. Basically gotta choose between powerful, trapped, enforcer, taeguk, and pain enhancer. Trapped is a must because it's multiplicative in it's own category, but the rest though... Feel like trapped + powerful + enforcer might be the best, but it's a damn tough choice.

Remember that RORG always rolls with Increased Attack Spead, Life on Hit and main stat.

Oh was this a recent change? For some reason I seem to recall seeing a rorg with crit chance and cooldown reduction (maybe just in my dreams). So a 'top tier' RORG would be max main stat max att speed and life on hit rerolled to a socket or crit?

TSM

Oh was this a recent change? For some reason I seem to recall seeing a rorg with crit chance and cooldown reduction (maybe just in my dreams). So a 'top tier' RORG would be max main stat max att speed and life on hit rerolled to a socket or crit?

I would think top tier would be main stat, loh, as and a socket. Then you could reroll one of the other stats to whatever you prefer.

Dahbomb

Interesting write up on #1 barb grifter

Basically says to ignore fire chains/electrified at all costs, ditches frenzy for overpower, and spawns the rift warden near the conduit, interestingly uses only bane of the trapping and the poison one, opts for fire damage on amulet (ruthless hellfire ammy so good)
He posted the video too, got extremely lucky in that Conduit spawn.

That pretty much has to be on top of the list of changes they need to make on GRs. I wonder what's the difference between a Barb who had a Conduit spawn vs one that didn't. It's way too much of a variance.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
He posted the video too, got extremely lucky in that Conduit spawn.

That pretty much has to be on top of the list of changes they need to make on GRs. I wonder what's the difference between a Barb who had a Conduit spawn vs one that didn't. It's way too much of a variance.

it's the difference between a gr 38 and a gr 43-44. Alkaizer was citing this as the reason why he refuses to play barb for leaderboards after his 41 run; he said barbs simply can't kill greater rift guardians past 38, you need a conduit or power pylon. So you clear the entire rift in 3 minutes by killing whites with raekor's then run around looking for a pylon. So it's all just completely RNG.

ZenaxPure

it's the difference between a gr 38 and a gr 43-44. Alkaizer was citing this as the reason why he refuses to play barb for leaderboards after his 41 run; he said barbs simply can't kill greater rift guardians past 38, you need a conduit or power pylon. So you clear the entire rift in 3 minutes by killing whites with raekor's then run around looking for a pylon. So it's all just completely RNG.

Yep. Barbarians just don't have the damage to kill most high GR rift guardians without a pylon. It's like I mentioned before, our single target damage is just bad all around. The best we can do is CoTA who in the best gear possible are going to be hitting for maybe 80 million per crit (if you're lucky) for 20 seconds with 30 to 40 second downtime after they expire (depending on gogok stacks and just your gear in general). Our best non-pet single target damage right now is probably Leapquake of all things, but, that suffers big times from enemies being able to simply walk out of the earthquakes (also its damage still isn't great).

I finished GR 34 a couple of days ago and I feel pretty much the same even at that GR level. I got Cold Snap as my guardian and he took me around 7 minutes to kill. My seasonal barb's gear isn't the best, but, it's still pretty good (just pretend the rings are Unity/RoRG and the neck is a str/socket/chd/crit neck). It's just really long and drawn out and boring. I will probably still do a few GR runs here and there on my seasonal barb but I doubt I will break 34.

Dahbomb

This isn't just a Barb issue, it's an issue some of the other classes as well. Beyond a certain point, Monks can't kill the RG fast enough at 40+.

The thing about Barbs is that they can trash mobs really, really fast... like it's a bit absurd how fast they can fill that bar compared to the rest of the classes. Most other classes have to deal with the cards that are dealt but Barbs can make use of their mobility to just move around until they find the ideal mob density/type or a pylon. It's why they are at the top... they kit allows them to exploit the GR system.

ZenaxPure

This isn't just a Barb issue, it's an issue some of the other classes as well. Beyond a certain point, Monks can't kill the RG fast enough at 40+.

The thing about Barbs is that they can trash mobs really, really fast... like it's a bit absurd how fast they can fill that bar compared to the rest of the classes. Most other classes have to deal with the cards that are dealt but Barbs can make use of their mobility to just move around until they find the ideal mob density/type or a pylon. It's why they are at the top... they kit allows them to exploit the GR system.

Personally I'd trade my mobility/aoe damage for a better balance. I don't really like how Raekor has to deal with some inception level RNG. You have to play RNG to get a good rift and then have to play RNG to hope you get good elite packs inside that good rift, and then there are some bosses that are barbarian can't even do. There is nothing really fun about fishing for a good rift which you have to do way earlier than other classes. Even at GR 33-34 most bosses have over 11 billion HP, which is a 5+ minute fight for barbarians without a pylon depending on the boss (and when I say depending I mean some fuckers like Rime are going to take way longer than 5 minutes).

DH experts. Ya think this Windforce is worth spending a Gift on (I have 2) and possibly trying to max out the dmg a little bit more? I'm not sure how much better bows are than xbows (if they are at all) unless it's an Etrayu or Kridershot.

1o9qO2B.png

Also, dat lag

TNsLMK6.png

Dahbomb

It's a RNG battle with every class really. Monks have to skip Electrified/Fire chain mobs too while also praying for good density/type and particular RGs. It's definitely most extreme for Barbs but this is just the reality of GRs... it's just a big RNG fest.

DH experts. Ya think this Windforce is worth spending a Gift on (I have 2) and possibly trying to max out the dmg a little bit more? I'm not sure how much better bows are than xbows (if they are at all) unless it's an Etrayu or Kridershot.

1o9qO2B.png

Also, dat lag

TNsLMK6.png

If you have an extra gift, I would say go for it. The bow is damn near perfect and you can get a little extra oomph with a better weapon dmg reroll. It's a good stop gap before you can get your hands on an etrayu or krider.

Edit: My ping jumped to almost 4500 ms at one point. Super lag is on tonight.

ZenaxPure

It's a RNG battle with every class really. Monks have to skip Electrified/Fire chain mobs too while also praying for good density/type and particular RGs. It's definitely most extreme for Barbs but this is just the reality of GRs... it's just a big RNG fest.

Yeah I don't really understand why monster damage goes up past GR 30 or so. I've fought the Blighter a lot in GR 30+ and he is one of many bosses that even with ignore pain can almost one shot me with his normal white attack. That is fucked, you can't avoid that. I imagine if I fought him on GR 40 he would just one shot me. They need to cap monster damage and remove pylons completely. Pylons are doing more harm than good for actually seeing how capable a class is. A barbarian clearing GR 44 doesn't actually mean the class can clear GR 44, it means one dude got one good rift. No telling how many he had to go through before he got the perfect one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom